Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
DS titles on the Wii U and more non-video game licensing and merchandizing? Yay to two of the things I wanted (well, I was assuming it would be 3DS ports but whatever.) The using "entertainment" to differentiate their QoL products sounds about what I thought they would be like too.

As to Mario Maker, I am compelled to believe that it was real, taken not by a journalist but by a convention center or construction worker who had everyday access to the site. Among other things I don't see people going on about image artifacts or other obvious photoshop tells and its not just a piece of paper or picture of a television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Well there is the oddity that it is the only poster to be double-tall, despite the bottom being just a tiling pattern. It's as if it's two different pieces.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Hmm, that is odd. Maybe its a 3DS game, I was sort of assuming that anyway with the use of the stylus. Thus the ground would be the bottom screen? but wouldn't it be more logical to have the bottom screen (or the gamepad screen) be filled with the tile set with the top screen/tv screen being the actual level you are building?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Zelda is a big franchise but IIRC only 4 games have done over 5 million (counting just a singular release and not stuff like VC): Zelda, LTTP, TOOT and Twilight Princess, the last of which is also the only Zelda to be released on two consoles at the same time. Most of the games end up between 2 and 4 million, give or take.

Who calls it TOOT?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

Who calls it TOOT?

I don't know why you wouldn't call it TOOT when that is how you play an Ocarina. It's perfect. :colbert:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know why you wouldn't call it TOOT when that is how you play an Ocarina. It's perfect. :colbert:

You have never played an ocarina.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

You have never played an ocarina.

I have, actually. In fact the book I bought (because I was a dorky kid and Zelda had just came out) specifically used the phrase "toot your ocarina." :colbert:

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 6, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I just want them to announce a 3DS Advance Wars. :smith:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Too bad: I have sources that say instead of that, Nintendo are going to announce a free-to-play Urban Champion multiplayer game where players get to be the pots.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Nintendo's shares are the pots.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I bet Waluigi will still never get his own game.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

The Taint Reaper posted:

Just call the next console the Waa and make Waluigi the main character of every game.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

The Taint Reaper posted:

Just give the Warioware guys a shitload of drugs and lock 'em in a room for a week. We'll have a Waluigi game then.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Dieting Hippo posted:

Just give the Warioware guys a shitload of drugs and lock 'em in a room for a week. We'll have a Waluigi game then.

You forgot the most important step of piping in the Waluigi Pinball soundtrack(lap 3, under lightning bolt effect) on loop.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

In order to cannibalize 3DS sales, the 3DS would have be the one that's failing hard and selling poorly.

I've got some bad news for you

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

In order to cannibalize 3DS sales, the 3DS would have be the one that's failing hard and selling poorly.

No, actually.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I've realized that the console business is sometimes like a match of Mario Kart. Unfortunately Nintendo messed up the boost start timing and spun out while other drivers raced ahead. However with consistent play and a little item luck they're right back in contention.

Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and a new Zelda title are going to be the triple mushrooms that vault them into 1st.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ristolaz posted:

I've realized that the console business is sometimes like a match of Mario Kart. Unfortunately Nintendo messed up the boost start timing and spun out while other drivers raced ahead. However with consistent play and a little item luck they're right back in contention.

Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and a new Zelda title are going to be the triple mushrooms that vault them into 1st.

No, you don't go into 1st place until the very end, because then they'll be hit by the blue shell of working online play.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Suspicious Dish posted:

No, you don't go into 1st place until the very end, because then they'll be hit by the blue shell of working online play.

Yeah but Nintendo held onto that blue shell since the Gamecube, and by god were they gonna use it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No one buys a 3DS to play DS virtual console games, firstly because that isn't even a feature it has. People buy the 3ds for 3ds games.

Adding OG DS games to the WiiU eShop will not cannibalize 3ds sales. Adding DS games to the eShop won't hardly do anything at all, though it will be a nice feature to have.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Why would they need to go to the trouble of making a virtual console for DS games on the 3DS, when you can just play regular-rear end DS games on the 3DS anyway through backwards compatibility :psyduck:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Because they have a huge library they could resell easily if people could download them to their SD card.

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

PrBacterio posted:

Why would they need to go to the trouble of making a virtual console for DS games on the 3DS, when you can just play regular-rear end DS games on the 3DS anyway through backwards compatibility :psyduck:

I prefer digital, especially for a handheld system. I'm past the point of wanting to keep a binder full of games around. It's a portable system so it's nice to just have all my games on it.

The only physical 3DS game I have is the copy of 3D Mario that came with it, and the cart might as well be glued into the system at this point.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

PrBacterio posted:

Why would they need to go to the trouble of making PSone Classics on the PS3, when you can just play regular-rear end PlayStation games on the PS2 anyway through backwards compatibility :psyduck:

Having a digital library provides quite a different experience to having to use physical media.

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 6, 2014

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Why would they need to go to the trouble of making PSone Classics on the PS3, when you can just play regular-rear end PlayStation games on the PS2 anyway through backwards compatibility :psyduck:

Having a digital library provides quite a different experience to having to use physical media.

That doesn't work and you know it. I can't even load Monster Rancher 2 on a PS2...

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

PrBacterio posted:

Also they don't make money on a used DS game.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Louisgod posted:

Pretty sure I said this a while back that this'd be the next logical step in the 2D Mario series. Cool to sed that they're doing it.

Last time it was brought up, everyone acted like it was impossible. Either that, or looking through the top-rated levels was harder than forking out $60 for another level pack.

Who am I kidding, assuming that it will have online support. You'll only be able to play your own levels, because what if you published one with blocks arranged in the shape of a penis?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Pushmo World has level sharing online, actually, and that's a game specifically about making puzzles out of drawings.

They would immediately plug this poo poo into Miiverse without hesitation.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Rudoku posted:

That doesn't work and you know it. I can't even load Monster Rancher 2 on a PS2...

Well, that's your fault for playing Monster Rancher in the first place. :v:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also that Mario level pack was $20.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

With E3 nearly here, I thought it'd be fun to listen to Geoff Keighley's interview with Reggie last year but I had no idea how AWKWARD it would be with a year's separation. Boy is it awkward now. I'm sure even at the time it seemed like "Reggie is full of poo poo" but especially today, yikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-nt2zLyUzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE-ZYG2JF04

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The dude is clearly trying to do the most with the deck that's been handed to him.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Reggie is terrible and always has been. He's the meme-spouting PR mascot for a branch of the company with absolutely no autonomy. And a lot of Nintendo fans buy into it! I wish I could understand why. I don't think I've ever seen an interview with him where he didn't come off as a sleazy shyster.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Crowbear posted:

Reggie is terrible and always has been. He's the meme-spouting PR mascot for a branch of the company with absolutely no autonomy. And a lot of Nintendo fans buy into it! I wish I could understand why. I don't think I've ever seen an interview with him where he didn't come off as a sleazy scheister.

No your wrong and he owns,, bitch

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Kewpuh posted:

No your wrong and he owns,, bitch

Oh noooooooooo :negative:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Reggie invented the bigfoot pizza, dumbass.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

elf help book posted:

Reggie invented the bigfoot pizza, dumbass.

Counter-point - Pizza Hut.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Pizza Hut is dumpster tier fast food, which is appropriate since Reggie is a dumpster tier executive.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Everyone in this thread has mental problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Crowbear posted:

Pizza Hut is dumpster tier fast food, which is appropriate since Reggie is a dumpster tier executive.

And it's appropriate that you're talking about him because you're a dumpster tier poster. :owned:

• Locked thread