Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

My next step is probably a new headunit to fit a double DIN stereo but that'll be a way off yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Sportman posted:

I only wear the earbuds when I'm riding on the bike trail near my house. I'm not riding around cars with earbuds in, that would be nuts (although I see people do it all the time). I haven't ridden without a helmet since I was like 14.

Good! Sorry if I was hostile, I see that poo poo all the time and it bugs the hell out of me.

For content, tickets to see this:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Good! Sorry if I was hostile, I see that poo poo all the time and it bugs the hell out of me.

For content, tickets to see this:

That tag line can't be real. Tell me it's not real.

:negative:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

strangemusic posted:

That tag line can't be real. Tell me it's not real.

:negative:
It is very real: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fault_in_Our_Stars_(film)

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

As a poster on a forums board I do find love to be icky, and sick

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Being delivered today :woop:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

NotAnArtist posted:

As a poster on a forums board I do find love to be icky, and sick

It's not that. I enjoy a good love story. I probably won't go see this movie, in all fairness. But that's a seriously ham-handed tagline.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

strangemusic posted:

It's not that. I enjoy a good love story. I probably won't go see this movie, in all fairness. But that's a seriously ham-handed tagline.

Hah, I understood what you meant duder. ''Sick love'' doesn't immediately connote a touching love story like the advert makes it out to be to me, either

:thejoke:

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

Oh please. Just don't crank them up and keep your head on a swivel... Which you should be doing anyways.

Love,
A fellow bicyclist and motorcycle rider and music while doing both listener.

I just bought these to go with my CSP v2s and eventual H/SQ Shifter.

Fanatec CSW

advion has a new favorite as of 17:45 on Jun 6, 2014

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Yesterday I had a good new from the internet, preordered this :

Is it february 2015 already ?

Had also a bad news this morning, my favorite tshirt shop (lafraise.com) is closing soon, so I bought these before the end :

And these for a friend :

They had a special offer where you get 2 surprise shirts for 2 shirts bought, so I shoud get four more, I hope they're good :D

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Not the exact one pictured, but one like it. A cheap work truck.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

NotAnArtist posted:

Hah, I understood what you meant duder. ''Sick love'' doesn't immediately connote a touching love story like the advert makes it out to be to me, either

:thejoke:

You're parsing it wrong. It's not a story about sick love, it's a love story about sick people. Or am I completely missing the joke somehow?

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

LivesInGrey posted:

You're parsing it wrong. It's not a story about sick love, it's a love story about sick people. Or am I completely missing the joke somehow?

It's a double entendre.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

dreesemonkey posted:

Being delivered today :woop:

My parents have that same one, or something similar at least. It rules. Grilling with it is super easy and fun. You made a good decision :)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

LivesInGrey posted:

The kids have cancer

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TV upgrade

65" Samsung UN65H7150. $700 off in :canada: right now

Didn't think TVs had improved much in the three years since I last bought one, but holy moley it's awesome. Even the remote is more impressive than anything Kinect ever did.

screenshot was random I swear

Here's a shot of Watch Dogs on it, very not next gen. 8/10

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Bought a bunch of tools for work.

Klein Tools 5-in-1 screwdriver.

Milwaukee 16' magnetic measuring tape.

Milwaukee 14-piece drill bit set.

Milwaukee 12-piece magnetic screw tip set.

Still have some stuff I need to add to my tool bag. I want to replace this lovely Bosch paddle bit set with a Milwaukee set. Already bent a few of them. I need to pick up a Klein Tools tick tester and either a Fluke Networks or Klein Tools toner set. I also wanna order a good pair of prescription safety glasses.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Just bought 10 random LPs and 20 random 7-inches from Kiss of Death Records' moving sale. My record collection is pretty small and this is a fantastic opportunity to get some new stuff for cheap.

Cactus-Piss
Oct 3, 2005

Did powering up involve getting a large black dick jammed in your ass?
Got these for my girlfriend.

http://www.hushpuppies.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/26097W/59972/Womens/Ember?dimensions=0

These for myself. Also 2 ties

And for us both.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Take it back, this is definitely a douchebag watch. Swing by the Watches thread for some recommendations but ffs don't buy an Armani watch

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Robawesome posted:

Take it back, this is definitely a douchebag watch. Swing by the Watches thread for some recommendations but ffs don't buy an Armani watch

What if he likes the way it looks though? I know its a crazy thing to consider that people might buy things they like instead of consulting some internet forums first but sometimes, just sometimes, it happens.

Also, don't shop shame.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

100% Dundee posted:

What if he likes the way it looks though? I know its a crazy thing to consider that people might buy things they like instead of consulting some internet forums first but sometimes, just sometimes, it happens.

Also, don't shop shame.
That's the watch equivalent of an Ed Hardy shirt. So if you're friends with those kinds of people, I guess it's fine.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

I bought a Nexus 5

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

leidend posted:

TV upgrade

Dude couldn't you have waited like... 5 seconds before taking this pic :cmon:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Zooooooooooooooooooooooom.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

That's the watch equivalent of an Ed Hardy shirt. So if you're friends with those kinds of people, I guess it's fine.

I'm not big on the red font or that it's an overpriced Armani Exchange watch, but I actually like how it looks aside from those things. I think with a gray font it could look pretty cool.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Ignore the bird poop, my work parking lot is apparently the place where every single bird in town goes to crap during the day. Happened the very first day I had it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Homestar Runner posted:

Dude couldn't you have waited like... 5 seconds before taking this pic :cmon:

It was just an ad for the True Detective Blu Ray, didn't show more than one second of that scene. :(

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

leidend posted:

It was just an ad for the True Detective Blu Ray, didn't show more than one second of that scene. :(
In that episode, oh you do see more.

Anyhow, Bought these to replace the original (temporary) screen protector on my Nexus 4.

Finally peeled it off and was amazed how much more detailed and clear the screen was.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Digital_Jesus posted:

I felt a twitch in my man parts

Also lollin' @ ''douchebag watch'' like some silver spoon-fed motherfucker at the yacht club will make mean comments behind your back for wearing the wrong time collection machine

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

NotAnArtist posted:

Also lollin' @ ''douchebag watch'' like some silver spoon-fed motherfucker at the yacht club will make mean comments behind your back for wearing the wrong time collection machine

Armani watch is bad because it charges a premium for Armani. People buy watches because A) they like it aesthetically B) prestige C) they get hard for dope movements. Armani is not prestigious when it comes to watches because they don't have the dope movements that give real watch brands prestigious reputations. The only legit reason would be because you like the look of it, which is a pretty poo poo reason to spend a load of money on a designer brand watch when you could probably get the real version it would be ripping off for a similar price.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Most people could not give a poo poo less about the movement of a watch. They like how it looks. It's a fashion accessory. Who cares if it's a Fossil? Let someone buy whatever they find suitable.

Digital_Jesus posted:

And I hate you; because I envy you.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

NotAnArtist posted:

They wouldn't let some mall-brand wearing motherfucker into the yacht club with an Armani watch

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

travisray2004 posted:

Most people could not give a poo poo less about the movement of a watch. They like how it looks. It's a fashion accessory. Who cares if it's a Fossil? Let someone buy whatever they find suitable.

Pssh, you can't brag to your internet friends about owning a Fossil though. Which apparently defeats the entire purpose of buying a watch.

Harley C posted:

The only legit reason would be because you like the look of it, which is a pretty poo poo reason to spend a load of money on a designer brand watch when you could probably get the real version it would be ripping off for a similar price.

"Because you like the look of it" is literally the only reason to buy a watch these days. If you wanted to tell the time accurately you would just use the cell phone in your pocket. And I'm not sure why everyone is so hung up about the amount of money that someone else spent on a watch. Who cares? He's not spending your money on it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I cannot believe you just typed that about a fucken watch lol

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Harley C posted:

Armani watch is bad because it charges a premium for Armani. People buy watches because A) they like it aesthetically B) prestige C) they get hard for dope movements. Armani is not prestigious when it comes to watches because they don't have the dope movements that give real watch brands prestigious reputations. The only legit reason would be because you like the look of it, which is a pretty poo poo reason to spend a load of money on a designer brand watch when you could probably get the real version it would be ripping off for a similar price.

Spending money because you like the way it looks is bad, got it.

I bought a new phone case because my old one had a crack and I liked the way this one looked.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

100% Dundee posted:

And I'm not sure why everyone is so hung up about the amount of money that someone else spent on a watch. Who cares? He's not spending your money on it.

I don't think anybody is really "hung up" here. Just trying to point out that mall-brand poo poo like Armani and Nixon watches are nearly always overpriced and you can easily find a similar-looking, higher quality watch from a respectable brand for much less money.

It's the equivalent of a Monster HDMI cable.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

The point is that you aren't buying some cheap one because you don't give a gently caress, you are buying an expensive bad watch in an expensive brand. The look of it is 99% chance a rip off of a different good watch from an actual watch brand. If he was buying a replica then #yolo, but buying an expensive bad watch is dumb. If you dumb nerds still don't understand that then let me translate it to COD4 doritos speak for you: buying a poo poo expensive watch is like buying an alienware computer! Its pissing away money for no reason when you could get something objectively better for less, that is the reason why it is dumb.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
The issue that you can't seem to grasp is there is no such thing as a "bad" fashion accessory. If he likes the looks of it and the price doesn't bother him, whats the problem? Sure it might not be to your taste or how you would spend your money, but I seriously doubt he thought about how you feel before before making his purchase.

People are going to waste their money however they like, that's kind of the point of this thread. Getting mad about stuff someone else buys is just silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

100% Dundee posted:

Getting mad about stuff someone else buys is just silly.

Nobody here is mad, just trying to explain how some watches are priced well and made by reputable brands and some are overpriced fashion brand watches. Telling a friend they've overpaid for an Alienware isn't the same as being mad at them about it. Relax Dundee, you seem awfully hung up on this concept yourself

quote:

The issue that you can't seem to grasp is there is no such thing as a "bad" fashion accessory.

You wear a fedora, don't you?