Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Veritek83 posted:

The guy who (I think) won the Imdaar Alpha event I went to over the weekend used Roark in his list for the final table. The guy was very adamant that higher PS shots are going to become really important as Wave 4 comes out and starts to get used.

Yeah its going to be super important. Im still pretty confused about whats going to happen with the meta once the new ships come out. I think you are going to see a lot more double falcon lists because im still not sure how any other lists is going to deal with a phantom when people get good with them let alone a good player with two phantoms.

Iv only played one game with my phantom but I can totally see how just a 70 point phantom list will be able to stomp a list without turrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Phantoms are good but theyre not unbeatable by normal lists. You will roll 4 blank evades just as much as you do 3 blank evades with your Soontirs and Howlrunners

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I just grabbed a Plano double-sided carrier to store all my ships, and the options are kinda overwhelming. Anyone else using the same box? If so, would you mind posting some pictures so I can see how you have it organized?

Heres my setup

Bottom compartment has (hopefully) enough room for 2 of each wave 4 ship. See-through cover for the bottom compartment has the Empire base tokens and pegs and an extra set of templates.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

zVxTeflon posted:

Phantoms are good but theyre not unbeatable by normal lists. You will roll 4 blank evades just as much as you do 3 blank evades with your Soontirs and Howlrunners

Its more about never having a shot. If I move last, its fathomable that you would never have a shot.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Scraped a modified win tonight, the list I posted earlier vs a cheap pilot rebel list (falcon, y-wing, a-wing, x-wing - can't remember the upgrades but the Y had the ion turret)

I'm late to the game on interceptors but is soontir fel with PTL as ridiculously good as I think or was I playing it wrong? I'd move, then boost for my action.. then use ptl to barrel roll, get a stress token for using ptl and then also gain a focus token thanks to his special ability.. He was ridiculously fast, scooted up around the flank and gave the a-wing hell right from the word go and boost / ptl gave me enough options to keep him on the back of a rebel ship near constantly.

Half the game was spent bouncing off of other ships in the midst of our asteroid field. Falcon kept getting in the way and I put too much faith in my opponent clearing my ships.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

TouchToneDialing posted:

Its more about never having a shot. If I move last, its fathomable that you would never have a shot.

I was thinking along these lines. High PS Phantoms having the last move is a big deal, when you have the ability to barrel roll 2-left or 2-right basically every turn you could really easily avoid arcs, especially when you don't have to play the "which way is this guy going" mental game.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

enri posted:

Scraped a modified win tonight, the list I posted earlier vs a cheap pilot rebel list (falcon, y-wing, a-wing, x-wing - can't remember the upgrades but the Y had the ion turret)

I'm late to the game on interceptors but is soontir fel with PTL as ridiculously good as I think or was I playing it wrong? I'd move, then boost for my action.. then use ptl to barrel roll, get a stress token for using ptl and then also gain a focus token thanks to his special ability.. He was ridiculously fast, scooted up around the flank and gave the a-wing hell right from the word go and boost / ptl gave me enough options to keep him on the back of a rebel ship near constantly.

Half the game was spent bouncing off of other ships in the midst of our asteroid field. Falcon kept getting in the way and I put too much faith in my opponent clearing my ships.

That's basically how Soontir works. Boost and roll to stay out of arcs, or if you're not going to be able to get out of their arc you focus, PtL to evade, get another focus from the stress. He's by far the most fun ship I've run thus far, simply because there's always something to do. That said, the minute you misjudge your maneuver and bump somebody or a rock, he's a complete sitting duck. You really have to get your actions with him, otherwise it's 30+ points right down the drain.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

zVxTeflon posted:

Heres my setup

Bottom compartment has (hopefully) enough room for 2 of each wave 4 ship. See-through cover for the bottom compartment has the Empire base tokens and pegs and an extra set of templates.

Nice, here's what I ended up doing to start.

Top row is various ship cards. Second row is X-wing, X-wing, Y-wing, B-wing, B-wing. Third row is, obviously, 2 A-wings. Bottom row is more cards. The dials, base cards, and pilot cards are all in their own separate bags in the big compartment.

Top row is TIE/sa, TIE/ad, TIE/in, TIE/in. Bottom row is 3x TIE/ln. Like the Rebel side, the expansions are all in their own bags there on the right.

I've also got a YT-1300 and a Firespray, but I don't know where I'm putting them yet. For now they live in their boxes.

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...

alg posted:

I had two of the single sided ones but I upgraded this week to this in preparation for Wave 4:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Angled-Tackle-System/15904153

It's only available at walmart so I had to make a special trip but it was worth it.

Cool, I just got the same box. I like the little trays for tournament prep.

As for phantoms, I played against one on Vassal today and did fine. Whisper ACD VI. I had Dutch w/ Flechette and R3A2, so Whisper ended up double stressed as soon as I had arc. Airen passed Dutch the TL action, so that was helpful.

Much harder to arc dodge at range, so keep some distance or put blockers along the the paths forward from each barrel roll direction. It does seem to take a squad to pin it down though.

Asteroids also limited the decloak choices a few times. If you're too close, 2 forward stops being a good option as well.

Remember that without boost, they've also got to decide which way they're going to roll before they see your dials to work in conjunction with their own dial, so they can keep their own arc pointed correctly. It's good, but I actually don't think it's a better arc dodger than say a PtL Interceptor.

Better yet, fly one of your ships to block one of the decloak directions. They have to take the other or just not decloak.

Lunatic Pathos fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 4, 2014

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I was thinking a list like this might be fun:

Etahn A'baht
Ten Numb + Advanced Sensors + Veteran Instincts
Biggs Darklighter + R2-D2 + Shield Upgrade

Heh, I was just coming up with my own version of this.

I put Stealth Device, R2-F2, and Push the Limit on Etahn instead of beefing up Biggs.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Veritek83 posted:

That's basically how Soontir works. Boost and roll to stay out of arcs, or if you're not going to be able to get out of their arc you focus, PtL to evade, get another focus from the stress. He's by far the most fun ship I've run thus far, simply because there's always something to do. That said, the minute you misjudge your maneuver and bump somebody or a rock, he's a complete sitting duck. You really have to get your actions with him, otherwise it's 30+ points right down the drain.

Awesome, he was quite fun to play with and I think he became a must have after last night's shenanigans

I'm definitely doing my LGS' imdaar alpha event on Saturday now, so I need to bang out a 100 point list I'm happy with. They have 10 people signed up now and I'm the 11th, here's hoping I can squeeze into the top 4 :v:

edit: Ok, this is what I think I'll run with... pretty close to last nights list, a few tweaks

1 x Soontir Fel + PTL
1 x Howlrunner + Squad Leader
1 X Tempest Squadron Pilot + Assault Missile
2 x Academy Pilot

Academy pilots act as a distraction (to try to tempt the opponent into taking an easy kill), Soontir scoots around being a pain in the arse / trying to flank around early on etc., Howlrunner stays close to the TIE Advanced to use squad leader for sweet sweet free actions (so I can hopefully bag a target lock early on and focus in the same round to up my odds of blowing things up and getting that assault missile fired off)

Any thoughts?

enri fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jun 4, 2014

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.
Don't take a Tempest Squadron pilot! The Advanced is typically considered near-unplayable with any pilot except for Vader.

Also, Squad Leader on Howlrunner is dubious-- she's almost always target #1, so you want her to save her action for defense.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

You're better off keeping your academies close to Howlrunner for her rerolls instead of flying them off away from her.

I would also recommend ditching the Advanced and replacing it with a Scimitar. Something like:

Soontir - PTL
Howl - Swarm
Black Squad - Squad leader
Scimitar - rear end Missiles
Academy

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Fetterkey posted:

Don't take a Tempest Squadron pilot! The Advanced is typically considered near-unplayable with any pilot except for Vader.

Also, Squad Leader on Howlrunner is dubious-- she's almost always target #1, so you want her to save her action for defense.

That's a fair point, I can't see any way to squeeze vader in without getting rid of howlrunner though and replacing with a third academy pilot or so I think. I had some success using the tempest squadron pilot last night, kept it close to Howlrunner, my reasoning is it's a low PS pilot that people might hopefully ignore, long enough for it to get a decent shot or two off though.

Definitely keeping Soontir in there though, far too much fun whizzing that one around the board :)

I used a stealth device on howlrunner last night which seemed pretty useless, doubly so if she's going to be getting a lot of firepower coming her way. Like you say, the points are better spent on something a little more longer lasting that can be used in defence.

I can squeeze vader in by ditching an academy pilot, list looks something like this:

- Darth Vader + Assault Missiles + Deadeye
- Soontir Fel + PTL
- Howlrunner + Elusiveness
- Winged Gundark OR Nightbeast

..but that feels like I'm moving away from my preference of quantity over quality, so not really sure what I can shuffle around. I do have an alternative option of slinging in a firespray but that's my limit for imperial ships (as far as upgrades are concerned, I also have an A-wing and a B-wing and their associated upgrades :v:)

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I'm really trying to make a list which includes an Imperial Shuttle, and I'm not finding it easy. I've decided on the "dogfighter" style setup which is;
code:
--Omicron Group Pilot 
 -HLC
 -Engine Upgrade
 -Rebel Captive
 -Adv Sensors

Total: 38
I'm not really sure how I should back this up. It doesn't lend itself to TIE interceptors very well so I'll likely be padding out the rest with TIE Fighters. I'm currently looking at Howlrunner w/ Swarm Tactics and 3x Black Squadron Pilots, but that'll be exactly 100 points. 38 points for the shuttle feels pretty awkward so I think I'll just have to test it out, otherwise I'm going to do the OGP with Vader and just kamikaze.

e: I could also take 4 cheaper named TIEs, I think this would be an interesting option because it'll be a bit more unpredictable as opposed to 3x generic PS4 TIE Fighters with no EPT.

Recoome fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 5, 2014

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Consider Captain Jonus and 3 APs. 4 pts. leftover for missiles, torpedoes or whatever you like.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

It would definitely assist the OGP with the HLC. The only other thing I came up with was Howlrunner with Swarm Tactics, Winged Gundark and 2x Obsidian SQ Pilots. My idea was to roll the OGP, Howlrunner and Winged Gundark together with the two other TIE's doing whatever. Howlrunner would boost the shuttle to PS8 while assisting whenever, with Winged Gundark firing last to hopefully finish off whatever I'm shooting at. It's not a type of list I've run before but I'm really trying something I'm not mega familiar with for fun.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Three ship lists; How do we feel about them? I wanted to fit Etahn A'baht in and two B-Wings, but to do so means you can fit in a Z-95 and have pretty much everything naked, and I feel like you might be better served switching the B's to X's in that case.

If you stick to B's, it feels like you'd be better served going 3 ships, and making all three of them more survivable / maneuverable.

Example:

Etahn A'baht (38)
E-Wing (32), R7-T1 (3), Outmaneuver (3)

Blue Squadron Pilot (25)
B-Wing (22), Advanced Sensors (3)

Blue Squadron Pilot (25)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jun 5, 2014

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I mean what are you really taking the B-Wings for? I think B-Wings are cool so normally I'd go with whatever but you might find that X-Wings are more competitive. I think X-Wings have a movement dial closer to the E-Wing anyway.

I'd feel better if the B-Wings had an HLC, the way I see it Etahn will just modify the dice after the HLC's effect triggers, so you should get about 1 crit every time you fire it. It also sets it definitively apart from an X-Wing, as opposed to taking a slightly more maneuverable at 1 and 2 speed X-Wing with more shields but less agility.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Honestly, being really critical with myself? Access to Adv.Sensors.

I tried running three A-Wings, but even with Chardaan Refit they still feel totally underwhelming, like babby's first TIE-F's.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

My favorite part about the upcoming Rebel Aces pack will be encountering the 5x Green Squadron Pilots with PtL and Chardaan refit (20 points each!!). Unless you find you play mirror matches it's going to be interesting, as Imperials don't really have the same amount of stress inducing/ignoring pilots or upgrades as the Rebels do.

What I really don't understand is FFG limiting Imperial meta but then just opening the gates with the amazing poo poo Rebel Aces has.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Just carrying on my theorycrafting (We have a local Assault on Imdaar this weekend) this looks remarkably interesting and fun:

100 points

"Hobbie" Klivian (27)
X-Wing (25), R3-A2 (2)

Blue Squadron Pilot (25)

Blue Squadron Pilot (25)

Gold Squadron Pilot (23)
Y-Wing (18), Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Hobbie moves, locks someone in arc (Removes a Stress from himself if he did a Red move, letting him Korrigan all day) then declares them as target, gives himself and them a Stress, then removes his Stress by spending his Lock. Suddenly, he's forcing movement every turn for a ship, and the Gold Squadron just chips in.

Alternative list swaps one Blue for another similar Gold, and swaps the other Blue for a Dagger.

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 5, 2014

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

You can't perform an action while stressed. You can remove the stress from using R3-A2 in the manner you described but it really sounds like you are trying to pull a poor-man's Porkins. Only the Great Porkins can "hold it".

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Sorry, that's right; He can't do it if he pulls a Red maneuver, only green/white. It's still pretty decent to 'inflict' a Stress token onto an enemy ship in arc, which makes it much more likely you can stay on their tail in following turns.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Shockeh posted:

Just carrying on my theorycrafting (We have a local Assault on Imdaar this weekend)

You and me both :cool::hf::v: I apologise for spamming the hell out of this thread with my theory hammer lists... latest iteration of my imperials is looking like this:

Darth Vader + Squad Leader
Soontir Fel + PTL
Nightbeast
Academy Pilot
Academy Pilot

Darth can help a TIE gain a focus or evade token each turn by using his SL with his second action. Nightbeast can generate his own free focus action after green moves and then couple it with an evade as his usual action. This gives 2 of the 3 TIEs some added survivability from round to round.. leaving Soontir Fel to fly around being a dick, keeping himself out of harms way and taking shots whenever he sneaks around the back.

edit: the variation on this list is ditching squad leader in favour of missiles and deadeye and booting Nightbeast back down to an academy pilot. Gives me a tiny bit more punch with a one off 4 dice secondary attack from Darth but with less focus all game.

enri fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jun 5, 2014

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Actually, after sitting down on my theorycrafting, I think I'm going to run something much simpler, durable and shooty:

Wedge Antilles (31)
X-Wing (29), Swarm Tactics (2)

"Hobbie" Klivian (27)
X-Wing (25), R3-A2 (2)

Rookie Pilot (21)

Rookie Pilot (21)

Exactly 100 points, and it's just a nice, simple 4 X-Wing list. You've still got the raw firepower of Wedge, and Swarm Tactics can be used on a Rookie to bump them to 9 when needed, or Hobbie if you need him to shoot RIGHT NOW.

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...

Shockeh posted:

Just carrying on my theorycrafting (We have a local Assault on Imdaar this weekend) this looks remarkably interesting and fun:

100 points

"Hobbie" Klivian (27)
X-Wing (25), R3-A2 (2)

Blue Squadron Pilot (25)

Blue Squadron Pilot (25)

Gold Squadron Pilot (23)
Y-Wing (18), Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Hobbie moves, locks someone in arc (Removes a Stress from himself if he did a Red move, letting him Korrigan all day) then declares them as target, gives himself and them a Stress, then removes his Stress by spending his Lock. Suddenly, he's forcing movement every turn for a ship, and the Gold Squadron just chips in.

Alternative list swaps one Blue for another similar Gold, and swaps the other Blue for a Dagger.

If you drop the advanced sensors you can upgrade the gold to Dutch and then you can do your Hobbie k-turn shenanigans.

Maybe then swap the blues for Xs and you've got 3 points of droids.

R5K6 might let Dutch pass a lock to another X, or R7 (eventually) could really help Dutch survive a bit against stuff like Phantoms.

Lunatic Pathos fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 5, 2014

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

enri posted:

Darth Vader + Squad Leader
Soontir Fel + PTL
Nightbeast
Academy Pilot
Academy Pilot

I liked your idea of using an assault missile, but a tempest could easily be replaced by a Gamma (PS4), like the following:
Soontir Fel 27
+PTL 3
+Targeting Computer 2
Gamma Squadron Pilot 18
+Assault Missiles 5
Howlrunner 18
+Determination 1
Academy Pilot 12
Academy Pilot 12

List is at 98 points, so you can bid for initiative, or load up Howl with something other than Determination.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

KO Derf posted:

I liked your idea of using an assault missile, but a tempest could easily be replaced by a Gamma (PS4), like the following:
Soontir Fel 27
+PTL 3
+Targeting Computer 2
Gamma Squadron Pilot 18
+Assault Missiles 5
Howlrunner 18
+Determination 1
Academy Pilot 12
Academy Pilot 12

List is at 98 points, so you can bid for initiative, or load up Howl with something other than Determination.

Thanks for the feedback! Sadly I'm lacking a bomber and I have no means of getting one before Saturday, otherwise that looks like the perfect combo... guess I know what's on my list to pick up :)

edit: and now I look at it again, no imp aces set for the targeting computer card :(

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.

KO Derf posted:

Soontir Fel 27
+PTL 3
+Targeting Computer 2
Gamma Squadron Pilot 18
+Assault Missiles 5
Howlrunner 18
+Determination 1
Academy Pilot 12
Academy Pilot 12

This list looks quite solid, though I'd probably take this variant, which doesn't require Aces:

Soontir Fel with Push the Limit and Stealth Device- 33
Scimitar Squadron Pilot with Assault Missiles and Seismic Charge- 23
Howlrunner with Determination- 19
Academy Pilot- 12
Academy Pilot- 12

99 points.

Fetterkey fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jun 6, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
My local nerd group dragooned me into some games of this last hobby night, and now I've got the itch.

However, they to a man told me I shouldn't run a Mouldy Crow, even though Kyle Katarn/Jan Ors are some of my favorite EU bits. Is it just that bad?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

My local nerd group dragooned me into some games of this last hobby night, and now I've got the itch.

However, they to a man told me I shouldn't run a Mouldy Crow, even though Kyle Katarn/Jan Ors are some of my favorite EU bits. Is it just that bad?

It's not that it's mega bad, it's just not mega good currently. In my opinion the Rebels get a metric shitload of useful support pilots and the HWK-290 just kind of seems lacklustre in comparison. Want to pass focus tokens? Take Garven Dreis, he's also a PS6 X-Wing which can't be sneezed at. 'Dutch' Vander sorts out Target Locks and Lando is a pseudo Darth Vader.

My problem with the HWK-290 is that very slow, less maneuverable than a Y-Wing and it can't K-turn. It has a primary weapons value of 1 which is poo poo, you either support it with other ships or chuck a turret on it. Agility 2 is actually one of the saving graces, you might survive a round but :shrug:. It has 1 shield, which means it'll take crits easy and other poo poo could happen. Arguably Kyle and Jan Ors aren't actually that bad, and Roark will probably get more playtime now that TIE Phantoms are a thing, but the ship itself is pretty meh, and the pilots don't really shine that much as an entire package. I'm sure some people will swear by their HWK's but much like the Imperial Shuttle, it's not that it's a "bad" choice, there are "better" choices.

I'm starting to take the position that take whatever and have fun. If you think about how your list is going to work or whatever then it's probably going to be fine, you can build a list around a HWK-290 and it will probably be alright if you think about how all the ships will likely interact. If the Moldy Crow is one of your favorite parts of the EU then more power to you and pick whatever ship you want. The only Rebel list I would consider playing consists primarily of Y-Wings because they are my favorite Rebel ship. Now that Jek Porkins is a pilot I want to run him too, although it's hard because I primarily play Imperial.

Just have fun dude.

e: Just for reference

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah, you'll have plenty of opportunities to do competitive lists. Also, anecdotes and all but, I watched a HWK wreck a Phantom yesterday.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I think HWK-290's will actually be a useful tool for anti-Phantom insurance, Roark boosting pilots up to PS12 will ensure that Whisper with VI doesn't not stay around for too long. It's more to do with the cloak thing appearing like a gimmick to me, I prefer my starfighters straightforward. Being able to K-turn while stressed in the Defender will actually be useful, even if missing actions is a dangerous prospect.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I like the HWK-290 because for 23 points I get a PS2 ship with a blaster turret and a recon specialist. Abuse asteroids properly and you are an academy pilot's worst nightmare, for them a hawk might as well be a falcon. In my games the HWK gets to choose between 2 jobs, either draw fire from things I care about losing or punish my opponent for ignoring it. Just don't start chasing anyone because even if they can't outmaneuver your turret, they can outrun your range and leave you stranded in a tactical void.

Oh yeah, and the glistening eyes of imperials whose Soontirs fail to land a direct hit and get murdered in retaliation have no price tags.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

WAR FOOT posted:

Is it just that bad?

Nope. You can do really well with HWKs if you fly them right.

Heres one example. And another

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Leo Showers posted:

A Good Post

I see what you mean about the maneuvers. The basic mindset at the nerdgroup was 'Rebels get few enough ships without splurging on support', but the whole 'Take what's cool' mentality is much more appealing to me.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
What are people's thoughts on how the Rebel Transport and Tantine IV work as casual play additions? It seems like the Tantine might start expecting the opposing player to have a fairly large fleet to counter it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I also forgot to add that it's extremely common to put a R2 Astromech on Y-Wings which make all 1 and 2 speed maneuvers green.

WAR FOOT posted:

I see what you mean about the maneuvers. The basic mindset at the nerdgroup was 'Rebels get few enough ships without splurging on support', but the whole 'Take what's cool' mentality is much more appealing to me.

X-Wing is a fun game which is also very balanced (mostly). At the end of the day it's your fun and if you get good using the HWK-290 then that'll show them :smug:.

Cassa posted:

What are people's thoughts on how the Rebel Transport and Tantine IV work as casual play additions? It seems like the Tantine might start expecting the opposing player to have a fairly large fleet to counter it.

I still think the CR90 is neat but it's not a super-duper ship by any stretch and if not well supported/utilised it will die. The Rebel Transport I think is beter because you can focus it as a support ship without guns and other crap getting in the way. The fact it comes with some of the best X-Wing pilots in the game is the real deal sealer for me.

I've seen huge ships used as battering rams to instakill smaller ships in online battlereports, it's probably the best offensive use for them imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Tantive IV has some pretty cool Falcon support, but I'm just so not up to spending $90 for upgrades and a ship I don't really intend to use.

• Locked thread