Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

He even had a flaming trenchcoat because WWF loved cocaine.

R.I.P Bam Bam and the big flamey costume era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Also from what I've watched Shamrock was great in ring but the few promos I've seen him do have all been eeehhh...

It wasn't necessarily what he said, but how he said it. Everything the man did was pure intensity. He was like Warrior without the cocaine.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MiketheGreat posted:

Someone wrote a Bible verse on a bathroom stall wall, so I felt this was the most appropriate way to respond.

If you haven't tweeted this at Austin you should. Or I will.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Also from what I've watched Shamrock was great in ring but the few promos I've seen him do have all been AAAAARRRHHHH!!!!!!
fixed that for ya there.

Shamrock was awesome. as was his theme & titantron

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

sunsweet posted:

It wasn't necessarily what he said, but how he said it. Everything the man did was pure intensity. He was like Warrior without the cocaine.

Prior to their match at Breakdown '98, Rock, Mankind, and Shamrock all cut promos and Shamrock was by far the worst of the three. (that match owns btw)

And I loved Shamrock as a kid. His theme was goddamn awesome, too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I liked his entrance where he'd punch himself in the head and then scream.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MiketheGreat posted:

Someone wrote a Bible verse on a bathroom stall wall, so I felt this was the most appropriate way to respond.

Holy poo poo.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Prior to their match at Breakdown '98, Rock, Mankind, and Shamrock all cut promos and Shamrock was by far the worst of the three. (that match owns btw)

And I loved Shamrock as a kid. His theme was goddamn awesome, too.

Being the worst promo in a group that contains two of the best ever isn't necessarily a bad thing. Ken had "being a legitimately crazy person" as his gimmick and he didn't have to travel far to reach that character.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

:smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fake Razor Ramon.

Fake Diesel.

Fake Batista?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Fake Big Show

Fake Jeff Hardy

Fake John Cena with Fake Curtis Axel?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Fake Razor Ramon.
Fake Diesel.

Fake Razor is actually surprisingly close to the real thing in the pic with his face all scrunched up like that, but young Kane as Fake Diesel is so far off it's ridiculous. Did they really think they were fooling anybody or was it just Vince doing some dick wagging because he owned the rights to the characters after Hall/Nash left?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's 100% the latter

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

At least that angle produced an AWESOME heel JR promo on Raw right before they were brought out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

At least that angle produced an AWESOME heel JR promo on Raw right before they were brought out.

I absolutely hated that promo. That whole storyline was awful and the only redeeming thing about it was that it wasn't The Real Double J storyline they were running at the same time.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

The whole angle was pretty much the nadir of the WWF but I still love that promo.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Horns posted:

Fake Razor is actually surprisingly close to the real thing in the pic with his face all scrunched up like that, but young Kane as Fake Diesel is so far off it's ridiculous. Did they really think they were fooling anybody or was it just Vince doing some dick wagging because he owned the rights to the characters after Hall/Nash left?

As far as I understand it it was kind of like the situation with Fox, Marvel and the Fantastic Four where Fox has to crank out movies in regular intervals lest they lose the rights.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I think it was some sort of convoluted demonstration to lay groundwork for the WCW lawsuit they were pursuing. Like, the idea that since Scott Hall was acting like Razor Ramon on WCW broadcasts, it was copyright infringement even though a more realistic way of looking at it was "Scott Hall used to work for WWE and imitated Scarface, but now he is working for WCW and imitating Scarface" but if the idea is "Scott Hall was hired to play a role for us, he left and we've filled the role but he's off playing the same role for our competition" I guess maybe they thought a judge would buy it?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Edge & Christian posted:

I think it was some sort of convoluted demonstration to lay groundwork for the WCW lawsuit they were pursuing. Like, the idea that since Scott Hall was acting like Razor Ramon on WCW broadcasts, it was copyright infringement even though a more realistic way of looking at it was "Scott Hall used to work for WWE and imitated Scarface, but now he is working for WCW and imitating Scarface" but if the idea is "Scott Hall was hired to play a role for us, he left and we've filled the role but he's off playing the same role for our competition" I guess maybe they thought a judge would buy it?
I think it did work. The Big Boss Man went to WCW originally as The Boss before he suddenly changed over to being The Guardian Angel then ending up using his real name for a similar reason. Beefcake was the Clipmaster, Nailz was briefly hired as "The Convict" (later on), etc.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Holy crap please tell me somebody tweeted this to Steen.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hahahaha what

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is loving amazing

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Horse Pro
Mar 25, 2007

Social Activist, Philanthropist, Youtube Extraordinaire

There's a whole blog dedicated to it

http://saturdaymorningsteen.blogspot.ca/

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That is the best thing on the internet.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
Roman Reigns is awesome.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Horse Pro posted:

There's a whole blog dedicated to it

http://saturdaymorningsteen.blogspot.ca/

That's amazing, slightly creepy but mostly amazing.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MiketheGreat posted:

Roman Reigns is awesome.

A pair of Be a Dad videos from WWE hit today, the Roman Reigns one was linked on a really sparkly tumblr.

Here's Alberto's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBDy366oqNI

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

A pair of Be a Dad videos from WWE hit today, the Roman Reigns one was linked on a really sparkly tumblr.

Here's Alberto's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBDy366oqNI
I'm glad Del Rio did not use his real voice. e: :argh: He quit at the end.

Myzteziz!

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 6, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Is that AJ on the right? With the very Village People mustache?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Is that AJ on the right? With the very Village People mustache?

pretty sure that's Chuck Taylor

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MiketheGreat posted:

Roman Reigns is awesome.

Pinky up, just like I teach Chloe. Good on you Roman.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'm glad Del Rio did not use his real voice. e: :argh: He quit at the end.

Myzteziz!

holy poo poo that mask is terrible now

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He looks like a Hyrule dungeon boss.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I liked late Kozlov. "Hey let's do dumb skits wee..oh it's time for a match *kills some jobber* yay tea time!"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Best Friends forever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why did they take a photo of a camera screen