Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chronojam posted:

I dunno, if it was Coyote, she'd have more Coyote trappings when presented beyond just that one shield scene.

Counterpoint Jolly Elfsberry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Suaimhneas posted:

When Coyote shared his great secret with Annie, it sounded like having that effect on the ether is unique to humans.

But then again, he made it sound like the very behaviour that not-dickbutt is showing here was unique to humans, so maybe Coyote's full of poo poo

This is Coyote. He would go around telling the humans-only version just to gently caress with Ysengrin.

After all, he never said that beings of the Ether didn't influence it when they die. And we know that psychopomps return to the Ether (since they leave final records).

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 6, 2014

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I can't help but giggle at mythological Smitty and his mythological eyebrows.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Lookin good, Smitface.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
drat, thought Smits had a badass beard there for a moment.

Telling that he's all grey in their minds and everything forest-y is colourful as anything.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Suaimhneas posted:

When Coyote shared his great secret with Annie, it sounded like having that effect on the ether is unique to humans.

But then again, he made it sound like the very behaviour that not-dickbutt is showing here was unique to humans, so maybe Coyote's full of poo poo

It's possible that the intelligence and imagination that these creatures are displaying is entirely because of humanity's mythology having an etherical effect on them, so ultimately it's all our fault.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Smitty is cooler than you, armless frog. :mad:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Haha yeah a floating octopus? Now yer just making stuff up, fairy.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

So some dude can just walk in and solve everyone's problems with the snap of his fingers? Pfeh, what a mary-sue, he can't be real.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

There's no way that a man with eyebrows that mighty could be swept away in a wave of animals. Checkmate, fairy. :smuggo:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New theory: Smitty is Satan

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Tollymain posted:

New theory: Smitty is Satan

Good page to post this on.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Hail Smitface

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

blastron posted:

Good page to post this on.

:thejoke:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Those trees look very regularly spaced. Like this area was artificially planted, not a natural part of the forest?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Or Ysengrin set it up as a meeting place.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Wittgen posted:

Or Ysengrin set it up as a meeting place.
It sure looks like this is the place.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
The faerie looks very sad

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

"Man, this place is a dump! :saddowns:"

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Fried Chicken posted:

The faerie looks very sad
It is because she is short and fat.

Smitty is going to be all "diet and exercise" when she talks to him.

Then in another 200 strips she'll pop back up totally jacked.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Parts Kit posted:

It is because she is short and fat.

Smitty is going to be all "diet and exercise" when she talks to him.

Then in another 200 strips she'll pop back up totally jacked.

After a training montage where she's bench-pressing the jackalope.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Suaimhneas posted:

Those trees look very regularly spaced. Like this area was artificially planted, not a natural part of the forest?

If I had to guess (and this is a thing that's been bothering me for some time now), that's the road into the court.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
welp, caught up on both the thread and the comic.

i seem to recall that coming off the bridge to the forest, it looks to pretty much immediately lead into moderately dense forest, so i don't think this would be the entrance to the court. maybe it's somewhere near the elf village and we're about to see something play out there.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Huh, I didn't think lapel pins would be a feature of forest fashion. Maybe she'll run for the office of forest senator once the embassy deal runs out :v:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Big C's looking pretty demure today.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How can Coyote be over there if he's talking to the fairy? :confused:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Huh, I didn't think lapel pins would be a feature of forest fashion. Maybe she'll run for the office of forest senator once the embassy deal runs out :v:

Tom is shameless with that merchandise marketing I tell ya :colbert:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

How can Coyote be over there if he's talking to the fairy? :confused:

Like that'd stop him.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Perestroika posted:

Everybody knows that if you aren't wearing a Forestian-flag lapel pin then you're an anti-Forestian and don't support Our Brave Forest Troops and are probably a CourTerrorist.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Everybody knows that if you aren't wearing a Forestian-flag lapel pin then you're an anti-Forestian and don't support Our Brave Forest Troops and are probably a CourTerrorist.

Flip it over and you see a "Made by robots in Gunnerkrigg Court" sticker.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Annie lookin nice and official :3:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

a medical mystery posted:

Annie lookin nice and official :3:

She looking so grown up lately. :allears:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Man, her dress is almost identical to Ysengrins.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Kikas posted:

Tom is shameless with that merchandise marketing I tell ya :colbert:

The frog is actually his... tongue. Yeah let's go with tongue.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Did Ysengrin grow like 5 feet or has Annie shrunk? I'm sure his head used to be... you know, smaller than her.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ysengrin can change his height however he feels, it's just a tree. His head has always been huge and fluffy though, he was a big wolf once.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Chronojam posted:

Ysengrin can change his height however he feels, it's just a tree. His head has always been huge and fluffy though, he was a big wolf once.

Yeah, Ysengrin has always been pretty drat huge. Case in point: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1059

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Is frog-thing saying "Omigod" or "Omigoo?" Because either seems plausible.

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

Several people seem to think I'm trying to shamelessly advertise my merch in the comic because of the label Annie has on her dress. However, wearing your family crest on your clothes was something I've shown some of the forest people doing in the past.
Fore example, here and here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tea-san posted:

Several people seem to think I'm trying to shamelessly advertise my merch in the comic because of the label Annie has on her dress. However, wearing your family crest on your clothes was something I've shown some of the forest people doing in the past.
Fore example, here and here.

I've only seen one comment along those lines here, and it seemed to be a joke anyway.