Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

God drat do I love NPC dialogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Fun fact: settlers can unroll little sleeping bags they might find out in the world. You can use them to log out for rest xp. It seems pretty useless. The first time I found one was after I had my house.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

wildstar.txt posted:

I'm a miner and completely overflowing with Galactium just from doing my Crimson Badlands dailies the past 4 days. I had 500 stashed in my bank and I get an extra 50-100 a day just from mining the nodes I run pretty much directly over. My dailies cost me about 60 galactium per day, and I still end up with a massive net gain. I've been making Epochos and Adventus gear and I still have more than I'll need for a long time. The market price on Galctium is already plummeting as more people reach 50, but I can't see it steadying out any time soon. It'll keep dropping until they're selling for less than iron, because - kind of the opposite of gold income - there's far too much coming in and not enough of a sink.

Please reduce the number of nodes in Badlands, increase their respawn time, or make recipes cost signficantly more to craft (blue gear should cost 10x more to craft in my opinion). Having the top-tier ore in the game be so completely worthless just feels wrong...
wah my tradeskilling isnt crushingly boring and difficult enough

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So how does having multiple gathering skills work? You just forget about equipping a tool and just shoot nodes?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

WarLocke posted:

I am playing Ehlianna the Aurin Esper/Scientist in Shut Up n Jam right now. :science:

God

Dammit

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

WarLocke posted:

So how does having multiple gathering skills work? You just forget about equipping a tool and just shoot nodes?
I have them in macro'd item slots and just equip whichever. Probably shouldn't have gone Survivalist/Miner, but eh, the crafting is of no real interest to me right now and Survivalist also goes up from killing poo poo.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So just to make sure I’m doing it right, Warrior Tanks want Tech and Grit?

If so, I’ve been doing it loving wrong this whole time.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

CobiWann posted:

So just to make sure I’m doing it right, Warrior Tanks want Tech and Grit?

If so, I’ve been doing it loving wrong this whole time.

That's the theory, but stacking brutality and using rampage is also a really good way to keep threat lol.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dosvidanya posted:

That's the theory, but stacking brutality and using rampage is also a really good way to keep threat lol.

You'll do more threat through damage, but you'll lose some of the mitigation that tech would provide you while also providing threat.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Tech on warriors increases support power. Most support abilities generate additional threat and damage is based off the amount of support power you have. So yes.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
There is no reason you can't use those abilities once the mob is glued to you through the awesome power of rampage while it's off cooldown :clint:

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
If you are stacking rampage as a tank you are doing it wrong.
All of the threat generators fall under support and support is gained through tech for all tanks.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

a cat on an apple posted:

I want to reroll Lopp :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Esper: Classic MMO healing, mid range, big heals.
Spellslinger: Aimed long distance big heals, usually in cone/long bars.
Medic: Spammy t-rex heals.

Medic is really the only one hurting from what I've seen.

Excepting the "classic MMO healing" thing for espers, are they all more or less like this in playstyle for DPS as well?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

xgalaxy posted:

If you are stacking rampage as a tank you are doing it wrong.
All of the threat generators fall under support and support is gained through tech for all tanks.
Jolt and Atomic Spear are apparently worse threat generation per GCD than just using Menacing Strikes. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the DPS overtune Rampage got before launch makes it a better option for threat generation than two abilities that are actually worse than your bread and butter builder.

Or at least so the math wonks were saying a few days ago. Doesn't mean you should tank in Assault Stance or use Brutality gear, that's just stupid.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Rounding sure is weird in this game.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Excepting the "classic MMO healing" thing for espers, are they all more or less like this in playstyle for DPS as well?

Esper DPS is pretty bursty. It's all about building up to 5 points as fast as possible so you can unleash your MIND EAGLE for huge numbers. You have to stand still for your main builder but pretty much everything else is mobile and there are plenty of ways to build points on the move. Clever usage of your abilities and points can give you some pretty ridiculous burst, it ends up being more fun than it seems like it would be on paper. You also have an absurd amount of CC which can allow you to solo some pretty hard stuff if you do it right.

Oh yeah, telegraph-wise most Esper stuff is either cones or reasonably wide line aoes.

cathead fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 6, 2014

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I rolled an esper to the mid 20's during beta and generally I found their DPS to be a tradeoff game. You can use skills more suited to distance dps but you'd be fairly stuck in one place while casting most of them. Or you could run with abilities more suited to close range and be extremly mobile (Specifically looking at builders since that's what you are ultimately going to be casting the most of.)

Either way they do a lot of huge alpha strikes, fairly sustainable too provided you get a good rotation going.

Most espers you see in the wild leveling have no clue about rotation and just spam random poo poo and take forever to kill anything.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

cathead posted:

MIND EAGLE

Freedom Eagle.

Now every time you cast it, you have to yell AMERICA and launch fireworks.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Are there any secret settings you can change that help performance at all? It runs awful on wife's computer except in Ultra Low and trying to find a way to make the game look appealing but not be unplayable so that she's still interested in it enough after the 7 day trial that when she gets a new computer soon she'll consider playing it for real.

Alternately are there any classes that play better with higher graphical lag, with wider targeting reticles or something?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

To amuse myself last night at work, I entertained the idea that the Eldan are actually now the Lopp.
:aaa:

:aaaaa:

It all makes sense now...

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CrashCat posted:

:aaa:

:aaaaa:

It all makes sense now...

The Jak and Daxter games had a similar twist. It was awesome because I know of at least one review where they were making GBS threads themselves in rage over it.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Monster Mash posted:

Freedom Eagle.

Haha! This is awesome and I'm going to do this from now on.

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Monster Mash posted:

Freedom Eagle.

Helps that one of the heals strait up conjures balloons when cast. Espers are the life of the party :)

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I clicked on an AMP item that I got from a quest reward that had a proc on it and it got used up or equipped... maybe? It had a base level of 14 compared to my own level 8 so maybe it's tucked away in some yet-to-be-unlocked UI menu?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Shukaro posted:

I clicked on an AMP item that I got from a quest reward that had a proc on it and it got used up or equipped... maybe? It had a base level of 14 compared to my own level 8 so maybe it's tucked away in some yet-to-be-unlocked UI menu?

Yeah that unlocked the AMP, it should show up as selectable instead of red on your AMP screen and you'll be able to use it once you have enough points invested in the earlier tiers to unlock that tier. Usually those tier 2/3 amps require multiple amp points to use though.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

WetSpink posted:

Are there any secret settings you can change that help performance at all? It runs awful on wife's computer except in Ultra Low and trying to find a way to make the game look appealing but not be unplayable so that she's still interested in it enough after the 7 day trial that when she gets a new computer soon she'll consider playing it for real.

Alternately are there any classes that play better with higher graphical lag, with wider targeting reticles or something?

There are some performance boosts if you had the client in early beta and haven't reinstalled. Also NVIDIA put out an updated driver that boosted performance for people with their cards. They've already done tons of performance enhancements so if those two things don't help her out you may be out of luck.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008

WetSpink posted:

For me, the key was dropping draw distance sliders and the clutter distance slider way down. I can leave the rest on medium generally, but those sliders had by far the greatest performance impact. Also dropping from 1080 to 1600x900 helped a lot, and looks better than dropping the render resolution option.

It's also worth noting that the starting areas/tutorial run poorly even with these settings, but once I get out to the first real zone my performance jumps up a TON without fail. It's weird.

Switched.on fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 6, 2014

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I'm sad I didn't copy it, but there's a funny dialog in the Farside mission where 4 Protostar employees simultaneously show up to take delivery of a package. It's worth it after the quest is done to hang out and watch them try to figure out which one gets to have it.

On that note Farside is the best zone.

I enjoyed the Shiphand there a lot, the end fight was great. Can't beat fighting against a giant sentient vending machine in a psychedelic mushroom and rainbow covered room, while you're being watched by a giant goat eye.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 6, 2014

Sir Neckbeard
Jan 1, 2010

Look at that lil guy go. :3:

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Iron Tusk posted:

Farside is the best zone.

I agree. Just finished up in there last night and it's by far my favorite. I want moon physics everywhere :smith:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Has anyone gotten their refund from the 2-3x charge on the lvl 40 mount speed upgrade yet?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rounding sure is weird in this game.
Wildstar: 449 is the new 450

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I was surprised to find that the blank space between zones actually exists, appears terrain-complete, is flagged for PvP, and has (some) resource nodes in it.

There's no music, NPCs, or mobs, which makes it really creepy. But it's there. Wonder if they're just going to dump content in those blanks as time goes on?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I've been getting hate whispers from pubbies for spamming the /cry emote as Chua.

Honestly, it's really more like a /scream emote than anything for the little guys.

WAHHHHHHHHHHH. HUUUUUUHHHhhhhhhh..EEARRRRRRRRRGH!!!!

Also, jumping while moving forward doing the /cry emote will cause the chua's legs and tail to separate from his spine briefly and spin around forward, as his body remains bolt upright while his legs do the forward roll animation. :stare:

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 6, 2014

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

boho posted:

I was surprised to find that the blank space between zones actually exists, appears terrain-complete, is flagged for PvP, and has (some) resource nodes in it.

There's no music, NPCs, or mobs, which makes it really creepy. But it's there. Wonder if they're just going to dump content in those blanks as time goes on?
What's a good way to get into areas like that anyway?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The crucial thing to do is to type /kneel after capturing a mask in temple to raise one to god for allowing you to score a touchdown on the capture. Really gets people if you do it while they are still fighting in the room.

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942
I have two problems/questions

1. Perhaps half the time it takes me several clicks on objects, npc's etc to activate them. Is this me, as in my mouse or something, or is it a common ui complaint?

2. I guess I don't get aiming my telegraph. Most of the time it shoots out the way I'm looking, but sometimes it just goes off in another direction and clicking on the mob I want to target, having him highlighted while shooting, etc just won't move the telegraph where I want it to go. Am I missing something

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Nakar posted:

What's a good way to get into areas like that anyway?

Just walk. I haven't found any invisible walls or anything. Those black hexes on the world map actually have terrain in them -- they're not solid walls. But there's no actual content I've found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Tokaii posted:

I have two problems/questions

1. Perhaps half the time it takes me several clicks on objects, npc's etc to activate them. Is this me, as in my mouse or something, or is it a common ui complaint?

2. I guess I don't get aiming my telegraph. Most of the time it shoots out the way I'm looking, but sometimes it just goes off in another direction and clicking on the mob I want to target, having him highlighted while shooting, etc just won't move the telegraph where I want it to go. Am I missing something
1. It's possible that this is some lag. I haven't really had this issue much, save when I was lagging.

2. Regardless of how your camera is facing, telegraphs originate appropriately for where your character itself is facing.

• Locked thread