Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I have no words. Just... beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
What was the context of that scene? I honestly cannot remember.

Oh wait, that scrub vampire with the ability to turn his head around.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 6, 2014

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What was the context of that scene? I honestly cannot remember.

One of Dio's vampire henchmen can reverse his body to look like a girl, but his hands were backwards and so the group caught on.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wait, why didn't they revive Kakyoin? If DIO's blood can heal a severed head, it should have no problem plugging up a hole through the abdomen. Couldn't Jotaro nor the Speedwagon Foundation be arsed enough to climb up and retrieve his body or something?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dio turning the guy into a vampire is different from healing Kayoin being impaled by a muscle ghost's fist and then being propelled at high speeds into a water tower, at which point he died.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

But they revived Joeseph.

No one wants to go to New York with Joseph. :smith:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Butt Ghost posted:

Wait, why didn't they revive Kakyoin? If DIO's blood can heal a severed head, it should have no problem plugging up a hole through the abdomen. Couldn't Jotaro nor the Speedwagon Foundation be arsed enough to climb up and retrieve his body or something?

If Crazy Diamond and Gold Experience cannot return a person to life Jotaro & Co have no chance either.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Joseph wasn't really dead, he just had a knife in his throat and his blood sucked out.

This is not sarcasm.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Joseph wasn't really dead, he just had a knife in his throat and his blood sucked out.

And his spirit left his body and talked to Jotaro before flying into the sky.

Joseph is surprisingly sturdy for an old man.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I- I think I'm just going to stop trying to think about it...

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Joseph's body still had the Ripple physiology going for it, Kakyoin's didn't. I mean, it let Dire survive as a head for some time after it got severed. It's some pretty powerful stuff.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Come to think of it, the Germans were studying the Ripple and Mark survived with half of his body missing for a good while. :stare:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm reading part 4 now. After the hostage situation, I'd have to say Josuke's power is pretty cool. It's weird looking at him though, because all I'm seeing is Jotaro's face with a silly pompadour.

Edit: Also I feel kind of weird about Joseph having an affair. That just... doesn't seem like him. Maybe young Joseph, but old Joseph is perfect...

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 6, 2014

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm on the last part of Part 5 Diavolo has been dealt with... That fight felt like complete nonsense to me. Does Gold Experience Requiem really do anything other than just reversing his effect and making him experience a bunch of different deaths? That seems awfully specific and honestly, it doesn't seem like a very good trade off if he doesn't have his old abilities.

Also, what the hell happened to Fugo? I just assumed he would show up again and save everyone at some point, but it never happened. We never even got backstory on the guy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Momomo posted:

I'm on the last part of Part 5 Diavolo has been dealt with... That fight felt like complete nonsense to me. Does Gold Experience Requiem really do anything other than just reversing his effect and making him experience a bunch of different deaths? That seems awfully specific and honestly, it doesn't seem like a very good trade off if he doesn't have his old abilities.

Also, what the hell happened to Fugo? I just assumed he would show up again and save everyone at some point, but it never happened. We never even got backstory on the guy.

Araki realized that Purple Haze is too overpowered of a stand and had him bow out. If you want to know more about him, read Purple Haze Feedback.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Momomo posted:

I'm on the last part of Part 5 Diavolo has been dealt with... That fight felt like complete nonsense to me. Does Gold Experience Requiem really do anything other than just reversing his effect and making him experience a bunch of different deaths? That seems awfully specific and honestly, it doesn't seem like a very good trade off if he doesn't have his old abilities

Well, it's more "reverse any kind of negative effect or attack". It's a universal automatic counter that protect Giorno against any possible power.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

That's pretty boring and lame, and that means he can't heal people anymore either... Part 5 wasn't all that bad, but that last volume was pretty terrible.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Does it say GE lost his previous powers? I never got that impression.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Silver Chariot seemingly lost his (Requiem looks like a completely different stand), so I just assumed it did too.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Momomo posted:

Silver Chariot seemingly lost his (Requiem looks like a completely different stand), so I just assumed it did too.

Before using its new powers, GER trows a stone that becomes a scorpion.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think it depends on the stand (or the stand user), Polnareff had no control over Requiem.

Preview pictures for today's episode: http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/10.html

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Giorno was also lost GER in the manga as the arrow came out of it after.

Also Heres hoping Hol Horse kept his All Star Battle voice.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Momomo posted:

Basically what Araki was going for with King Crimson and GER was that Diavolo was all about ends justifying means and only results mattering, so he had a stand that effectively removes the means part and goes straight to the murder-punching ends. Meanwhile Giorno as a shonen protagonist learns that the journey is the destination, so when his story powers up he can remove the destination to make the journey go on forever, in Diavolo's case meaning dying forever without ever reaching death.

'course in actual the actual fight context it's kind of an rear end-pull Giorno gets the precise power that completely nullifies Diavolo's, but at least I can see what Araki was going for.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Momomo posted:

I'm on the last part of Part 5 [spoiler]Diavolo has been dealt with... That fight felt like complete nonsense to me. Does Gold Experience Requiem really do anything other than just reversing his effect and making him experience a bunch of different deaths? That seems awfully specific and honestly, it doesn't seem like a very good trade off if he doesn't have his old abilities.

It does, in fact, have all of its original abilities still.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I have to wonder if someone couldn't beat Giorno by doing something like, say, putting a steel cage around him? It's not actually an attack and doesn't harm him so it could maybe get around GER's ridiculously overpowered ability.

Thirty-Five Minutes
Aug 12, 2007
not a republic serial villain

Butt Ghost posted:

I'm reading part 4 now. After the hostage situation, I'd have to say Josuke's power is pretty cool. It's weird looking at him though, because all I'm seeing is Jotaro's face with a silly pompadour.

Edit: Also I feel kind of weird about Joseph having an affair. That just... doesn't seem like him. Maybe young Joseph, but old Joseph is perfect...

Yeah, I feel weird about old Joseph cheating on his wife too. But Ask Jojos posted this a few days ago, and I found it weirdly plausible.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

I have to wonder if someone couldn't beat Giorno by doing something like, say, putting a steel cage around him? It's not actually an attack and doesn't harm him so it could maybe get around GER's ridiculously overpowered ability.

No, because the moment you try to even form the thought of putting the steel cage on Giorno GER decides that no, you're not doing that. The bullshit part isn't the nullification itself, the bullshit part is that GER gets you before you can even start attacking, hence leading to what we saw in Part 5 where Diavolo stood and did nothing like a slack-jawed idiot until Giorno killed him forever.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

Yeah, I feel weird about old Joseph cheating on his wife too. But Ask Jojos posted this a few days ago, and I found it weirdly plausible.

Good work, Joseph.

But now her only sibling lives far away. :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

No see, it makes perfect sense if you rationalize it as the result of a grocery store mishap gone horribly, horribly wrong when Joseph helped Josuke's mom clean up a spilled carton of eggs one day.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

TheKingofSprings posted:

No see, it makes perfect sense if you rationalize it as the result of a grocery store mishap gone horribly, horribly wrong when Joseph helped Josuke's mom clean up a spilled carton of eggs one day.

I just assumed he had been cheating on Suzie for decades but only got caught because he was starting to get senile.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Butt Ghost posted:

What the hell did you say about his hair?!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Dio turning the guy into a vampire is different from healing Kayoin being impaled by a muscle ghost's fist and then being propelled at high speeds into a water tower, at which point he died.

Joseph got stabbed through the throat with a knife.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's slightly problematic at worst in this series.

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!
Well, it wasn't the ASB voice actor :(
I was looking forward to "that guy who voiced Beck" voicing Hol Horse...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one's ever gonna top the Heritage for the Future VA, that guy just oozed scumbag. I'm really glad they didn't decide to go with ASB VAs for the most part, I really hated Avdol and Sugita's Old Joseph and these VAs just get it, especially Ishizuka. I could take or leave ASB Kakyoin and Polnareff, but manly voiced Kakyoin is something I didn't know I wanted until I got it.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

Actually the plot is that Josuke's mom is hot.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It's funny seeing people react to Abdul's "death". I can only imagine the reactions when he gets vaporized by Vanilla Ice.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Iggy had the saddest death in part 3. Can't wait to see people react to him having the poo poo kicked out of him. Assuming all the other dog brutality hasn't desensitized them, holy gently caress.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Well Iggy is a dog we actually get to know and love.

I'm still on the fence about whether or not getting kicked to death is better or worse than losing half his body like he did in the OVA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It's funny seeing people react to Abdul's "death".

As soon as I saw "The Emperor and The Hanged Man, Part 1", I knew the reactions this week would be great.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I can only imagine the reactions when he gets vaporized by Vanilla Ice.

Depends on if they end the episode on that point.

• Locked thread