Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

fadam posted:

Has anyone gotten their refund from the 2-3x charge on the lvl 40 mount speed upgrade yet?

No and the bug still isn't fixed so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

WarLocke posted:

I'd guess those are rewards from collecting Tales From Beyond the Fringe comics?

This is correct. Unlocking the comic in your lore collection also unlocks the corresponding poster to be bought from the in-house vendor (under Travel Posters).

In other news, here's my new basketball court (OF DOOM):

HE'S ONNNN FIIIIIRE!!!

LITERALLY!!!!!

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Soothing Vapors posted:

Exiles have better hair anyway

And Mordesh. We have Mordesh.

I really like the Mordesh.

One thing I dig about the game's art style are the great facial expressions. I suppose it's sad that so much of the game is played with the camera behind your character and zoomed a ways out. A human female Esper casting spells has a great short series of aggressive/cute expressions. Both of my Mordesh characters have pouty rocker expressions that are so over the top it would make Billy Idol jealous. A lot of time was put into the combat animation facial morphs.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
My Cassian stalker is so god drat smug about everything he does ever it's great

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

Spacedad posted:

I've been getting hate whispers from pubbies for spamming the /cry emote as Chua.

Honestly, it's really more like a /scream emote than anything for the little guys.

WAHHHHHHHHHHH. HUUUUUUHHHhhhhhhh..EEARRRRRRRRRGH!!!!

Also, jumping while moving forward doing the /cry emote will cause the chua's legs and tail to separate from his spine briefly and spin around forward, as his body remains bolt upright while his legs do the forward roll animation. :stare:

This screams an organized in game goon event. 40 man of chuas spamming /cry.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
What do you guys do when you have to make stairs for your housing? Manually resizing each step and sticking it into the right alignment seems an awful lot of effort.
I just used some boxes and guttering to create a makeshift stairway since it fit in with the scrapheap aesthetic I wanted for my Chua's house.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

frest posted:

Many bosses are split up into "auto attack phase, boss gimmick phase, telegraph dodge phase, back to auto attacks, repeat." Since they're not constantly auto attacking, any short-duration tank mitigation cooldowns get a surprising amount of mileage. In this sort of a situation, I can grab snap threat with a taunt, drop Amplification Spike (8 seconds of +14% deflect and crit deflect), and go straight into Frenzy (gains a deflect bonus while channeling). With these active I'm rocking a 60%+ deflect chance and almost immediately activates Decimate (triggers on successful deflect, aoe damage + suit energy regeneration). The bonus energy lets me sustain my channel longer, so by this point I have a huge threat lead and typically take very little damage.

Then the boss does their big telegraph/spellcast/add phase or whatever, and I'm not taking auto attack damage, and have plenty of time for these abilities to come off CD. That's also when the healer usually can catch up on any damage I took during the boss tanking phase.

It's very fast paced.

I've been meaning to try a build with Frenzy, but since Nano-Field consumes all of my suit power, I haven't really had a spot for it as I'm not considering dropping Nano-Field anytime soon. Instead I've been running Steadfast for constant high deflect bonus on one attack to proc Decimate, and if I do get into a hairy situation, popping Bloodthirst to heal all the damage back up (and if for some reason the DPS have taken a huge chunk of damage, giving them the ability to heal themselves back up).

It's been working well so far in dungeons as I don't feel overly chunked when I can Stealth + Nano-Field for 15 + 15-17% damage reduction.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Carbine posted:

Quick stats from a core sample we took of a server (6.4):
For characters:
66% are level 10 and under
The median on-planet is level 7
The next spike in the curve is at level 14 (the housing/Penny Arcade effect)
.3% are level 50
1% are level 35 or higher
2% are 30 or higher
10% are 20 or higher

[This is] all characters, so alts weigh in; level 1's are 10% of the total for instance. With such new servers, it's not horribly skewed totals at the moment, however.

About the levels.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Spacedad posted:

I've been getting hate whispers from pubbies for spamming the /cry emote as Chua.
You know you don't have to spam it, right? I use /crying for perma-bawl whenever I wander off to get a drink or something.

P.s. Cyster get them to add some crying voices for the Mechari, the soundless pantomime is boring. Or is it even creepier?

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

My SO and I are playing on some guest passes from a friend. The game has ups and downs, but I'm enjoying it and thinking of buying in, but the problem is that it's glitched for her. I've googled a lot, and still am but I'm having little luck so I'm just asking one quick question here.

When she goes to attack, sometimes her character will randomly turn 90-180 degrees. Has anyone heard of this problem?

I'll tell her to check her mouse, make sure it's clean and all, but she doesn't complain of this problem outside of Wildstar.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Hydrocodone posted:

My SO and I are playing on some guest passes from a friend. The game has ups and downs, but I'm enjoying it and thinking of buying in, but the problem is that it's glitched for her. I've googled a lot, and still am but I'm having little luck so I'm just asking one quick question here.

When she goes to attack, sometimes her character will randomly turn 90-180 degrees. Has anyone heard of this problem?

I'll tell her to check her mouse, make sure it's clean and all, but she doesn't complain of this problem outside of Wildstar.

Look at the auto target/face options under Combat, maybe

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

PaganGoatPants posted:

About the levels.

Well that's comforting :unsmith:

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
What's the best bet for getting Tank gear at level 25 when I've been picking the DPS gear quest rewards and salvaging everything else? Or can I just go ahead and Tank in DPS gear for now?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Finally getting around to trying Esper, and man it feels weird already to have to stand still and channel. Not sure how I feel about that.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

tezcat posted:

Helps that one of the heals strait up conjures balloons when cast. Espers are the life of the party :)

Their cleanse sprays their teammates with butterflies! I have no idea what those shapes conjured by their big AoE finisher heal are supposed to be.

Yoshimo posted:

What's the best bet for getting Tank gear at level 25 when I've been picking the DPS gear quest rewards and salvaging everything else? Or can I just go ahead and Tank in DPS gear for now?

You get crafters to make a set for you, or farm some battlegorunds for a PvP set, or just start taking support quest rewards and you'll eventually accumulate a set.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 7, 2014

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Daztek posted:

Look at the auto target/face options under Combat, maybe

It was checked! That may be it, we're testing now. Thanks so much!

edit: No problems in an hour or more. I really think you got it right.

Hydrocodone fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 7, 2014

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

The Moon Monster posted:

Their cleanse sprays their teammates with butterflies! I have no idea what those shapes conjured by their big AoE finisher heal are supposed to be.
Someone told me they're supposed to be paper lanterns. I had thought they were marshmallows. I don't know what either have to do with ghost tigers, freedom eagles and mind knives.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Paper lanterns, balloons, butterflies, fish, and a staff.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Playing Esper feels loving weird in that battleground, thanks to aforementioned channeling. BRAINBIRDing someone for half their health is funny though :v:

What should I be doing with all my old equipment and stuff, just sell it? Only level 8 right now.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I can't play a character for more than a day because I can't figure out which race I even like.

Exiles have nothing I care for and yet my friends are on it, Dominion has cool dudes like Draken and Mechari that I can't get behind because their class combos make me feel weird.

I don't want to play a tall robot stealth duder.

Also the problem with living in North America and being on a European server is now becoming apparent.

And this is all on my guest pass account and :aaaaa:

What do I do?!

Noirex
May 30, 2006

The only right answer is Chua :colbert:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Playing Esper feels loving weird in that battleground, thanks to aforementioned channeling. BRAINBIRDing someone for half their health is funny though :v:

What should I be doing with all my old equipment and stuff, just sell it? Only level 8 right now.

Yeah just vendor all your crap, otherwise you won't be able to afford a mount at 15 most likely.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Noirex posted:

The only right answer is Chua :colbert:

My Chua reminds me of Scruffy from Futurama :v:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Chua is the race for people who don't like picking races.

Because it's by far the best.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Eesh. Just got out of what I now realize was the tutorial area into Deradune and my framerate has completely poo poo itself to sub-20 on high. Still perfectly playable of course, but damnit my machine is NOT that bad :mad:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

A few pages back, someone posted an image that was a guide to getting attuned to the raid... Stupid me, I forgot to save it. Anyone have it? :(

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Here, linked to not take up lots of page space: http://i.imgur.com/NaNBVbE.jpg

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

This is correct. Unlocking the comic in your lore collection also unlocks the corresponding poster to be bought from the in-house vendor (under Travel Posters).

In other news, here's my new basketball court (OF DOOM):

HE'S ONNNN FIIIIIRE!!!

LITERALLY!!!!!

Holy poo poo, what realm/faction? I want to record you!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Do Spellslingers have the stand-and-cast thing Espers do? Do Espers ever get a spammable, mobile builder? This standing still thing is chafing hard.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Why in the world would anyone pick any races that aren't in Dominion? I just started looking into this game and dicking around with a guest pass I found online, but all the Dominion races are awesome and the Exiles... not so much.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Do Spellslingers have the stand-and-cast thing Espers do? Do Espers ever get a spammable, mobile builder? This standing still thing is chafing hard.

Soothe (mobile charge thing) and Bolster (not spammable)

Spellslingers are infinitely more mobile.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

Soothe (mobile charge thing) and Bolster (not spammable)

Spellslingers are infinitely more mobile.

Might have to roll one to try then. I don't like explicitly-targeted abilities in this game, too, I can tell that much already.

I dig the Esper aesthetic, though. Oh well.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Aranan posted:

Why in the world would anyone pick any races that aren't in Dominion? I just started looking into this game and dicking around with a guest pass I found online, but all the Dominion races are awesome and the Exiles... not so much.

I actually feel the exact opposite, so to each their own I guess!

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Rasta_Al fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 7, 2014

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Libertine posted:

I actually feel the exact opposite, so to each their own I guess!

Fair enough!

So like I said, I just started looking at this game today. How much of an impact do races really have on your character? Are they mostly cosmetic (aside from class options) or do they have a big impact on gameplay?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Not all race/class combinations are available. That's the only impact race has.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Race is purely aesthetic and unlike some other MMOs the tiny race isn't even all that much smaller than the normal ones so there's no real advantage there.

I have/had no desire to ever play this game or any other WoW-like theme park MMO again but I've been roped in via friend code and now I can't settle on a class. Spellslinger looks cool as I love mobility but they appear to be over-played and I'm not sure how reliable their healing is. Espers are my favourite class in terms of aesthetics but their special R skill is terrible and I can't get over the lack of mobility, nor do I have any desire to play whack-a-mole as a healer. Medics look cool on paper but feel weak at low levels, do they eventually blossom into fully capable DPS/healers or is their short-range playstyle a permanent handicap?

In WoW I primarily played tanks but Warriors in Wildstar don't look very interesting, Rogue classes can get hosed and Engineers look slow as poo poo to play.

My favourite tank in WoW was Warrior with DK a very close second, my favourite healer was Priest and my favourite DPS varied by expansion but was generally Mage until they overhauled Warlock. What should I try play in Wildstar?

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942

Evil_Greven posted:

1. It's possible that this is some lag. I haven't really had this issue much, save when I was lagging.

2. Regardless of how your camera is facing, telegraphs originate appropriately for where your character itself is facing.

I get it facing the wrong way and moving my guy toward my intended target or clicking on the target still won't get it back from facing the wrong way sometimes.

Maybe that is lag too? I have a 45 mb/s connection I don't usually have that problem.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I dig the Esper aesthetic, though. Oh well.
Me too, friend. The basically endless cycle I have fallen in to:
-Play my Esper. Hate it.
-Switch to my Spellslinger.
-See another Esper in the wild and get super jealous of their laser birds and poo poo.
-Play my Esper. Hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

Aranan posted:

Fair enough!

So like I said, I just started looking at this game today. How much of an impact do races really have on your character? Are they mostly cosmetic (aside from class options) or do they have a big impact on gameplay?

As far as I can tell, there are no race-specific bonuses, unlike in WoW. Completely cosmetic, it does affect your starting area though, and the classes available to you. But that's it I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, onto my issue!

Just a quick question about what I should upgrade on my computer to make Wildstar run smoother. The main issues I have is that I have to have the settings down real low to run at a comfortable level, and even then I get these laggy moments, where it slows down for 1-2 seconds.

My friend built this for me, so some of the things I know the specs of, some I just have general info.

CPU: Intel i7 960
GPU: NVIDIA GeGorce GTX 560 Ti x2 (SLI)
RAM: 4gb Crucial PC3-10700
MOBO: EVGA X58 SLI FTW3
SSD: 64gb Intel
HDD: 1tb (dunno manufacturer)

Off the top of my head, I'd say the RAM is the first thing to upgrade - 4gb is bare minimum, right? The 2 GPU's provide 2gb, and I get 4 from the stick in there. Would going up to 16gb be retarded or could I actually utilize that much? If not I'd just do 8gb.

Would these be decent 8g buys?

Same for buying 2 sets of those if I want 16. My motherboard has room for 6 sticks, so I could do that, right?

And last question - it's not good to mix different types of memory, so I should probably just pick up a new set and take the old one out, right?

Thanks for anybody who takes the time to answer, I'm pretty dense when it comes to this.

• Locked thread