Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calcaneus
Sep 12, 2010
Great season, definitely got better as it went along. Also I had a different favorite character like every two episodes, they put together a great cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

Haha in light of the lecture you posted earlier, this invention now makes a disturbing amount of sense. Silicon Valley, once again the radar capital of the United States.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aw, the gritted teeth "you little CU*SLAP SOUND*" and bike throw is my favourite part.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rewatching The League on Netflix. Ruxin joins a cult for fantasy football advice.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

gently caress, I thought he looked familiar! Praise be!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He was also in Happy Endings.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Lol guys look at the other guy too

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind

LividLiquid posted:

Rewatching The League on Netflix. Ruxin joins a cult for fantasy football advice.

They're both in this show, Richard and Erlich. The guy who plays Richard also shows up in The Wolf of Wall Street and Jonah Hill eats his goldfish in the office.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
You can say what you want about Thomas Middleditch, but he's really perfect at the role he's given.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I actually looked up some of his videos to see if he was some amazing actor or just playing himself, well...

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
The jerkoff engineering scene slayed me and my wife. Funniest scene in memory.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sten Freak posted:

It killed me too. You figure it's just going to be a little tangent before they continue discussing real stuff, but they just keep going deeper and deeper.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
So sad this show is done for a year =(

Seriously, I think the only shows I liked better this year were True Detective and Fargo. Pretty good company for a 30min comedy show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The point is not that one of them was on The League.

It's that they both were. Together. In the same cult.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

CaptainHollywood posted:

You can say what you want about Thomas Middleditch, but he's really perfect at the role he's given.

I saw a thing where he was complaining that even though he was a legitimate actor people still know him as Doobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5w3gLkfqfc

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sten Freak posted:

We didn't even laugh at it that much. We just sat there, in silent admiration. I'm not the one to throw around the term "art" likely, but one does not need a Potter Stewart here to make the call.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

As someone who's been listening to Doug Loves Movies for years, I know that TJ Miller has always been fantastic. He was also great in his one scene in Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. I love that he's getting some sense of actual recognition now, small though it may be.

Kumail Nanjiani (Dinesh) is also fantastic, and I hope he gets more to do as the show goes on.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Do yourselves all a favor and watch his YouTube show Gorburger. It's the essence of TJ Miller.

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

Powershift posted:

It killed me too. You figure it's just going to be a little tangent before they continue discussing real stuff, but they just keep going deeper and deeper.

I know! Even when Richard runs out of the room in a panic, they just pause for a second and go right back to dick talk.

Beautiful group:spergin: right there.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Dr_Amazing posted:

I saw a thing where he was complaining that even though he was a legitimate actor people still know him as Doobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5w3gLkfqfc

I recently saw him from his Street Fighter interviews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gtu2Yb0nk4

And Kumail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_8DtS3zzJo

thrawn527 posted:

Kumail Nanjiani (Dinesh) is also fantastic, and I hope he gets more to do as the show goes on.

He just started a new podcast: He promises to dissect every single episode of the X FILES.
http://www.feralaudio.com/show/x-files-files/

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Tigren posted:

Do yourselves all a favor and watch his YouTube show Gorburger. It's the essence of TJ Miller.

I didn't realize it was him doing Gorburger until I started listening to Cashing In. He breaks out the voice every once in a while and it's awesome to hear.

Didn't know about Kumail actually doing the X-Files thing. I thought it was just a joke.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I'm really happy about the actor they picked for Gilfoyle. He was my favorite from Party Down and his character on Silicon Valley is pretty similar.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

I'm really happy about the actor they picked for Gilfoyle. He was my favorite from Party Down and his character on Silicon Valley is pretty similar.
He's great in Adventureland, too.

(I started watching Silicon Valley for Martin Starr and Zach Woods.)

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Not really. He's arguably the "coolest/hippest" character on Silicon Valley.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what your definition of "hip" is, but - he's a satanist. He has an inverted cross tattoo.
Usually, Ehrlich is the least overtly abnormal. And Bighead is just a quiet, tiny dude.

(With a boat.)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

CaptainHollywood posted:

I'm confused. Did we watch the same shows?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
^ ^ ^ Tiny dude with a big head, that is. ^ ^ ^

CaptainHollywood posted:

Correction:

He's the character trying to be the "coolest/hippest".

"Look at me, I'm a Satanist. I'm also too cool to bother getting a green card and poo poo. I do a bunch of drugs!"

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

thathonkey posted:

I'm confused. Did we watch the same shows?

I dunno. He was able to convince Dinesh (and Erlich) - that his girlfriend wanted to sleep with him. I'm not saying he's "cool", but if we're going to compare him to Richard, Dinesh and Jared....

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

Cingulate posted:

He's great in Adventureland, too.

(I started watching Silicon Valley for Martin Starr and Zach Woods.)
And he was in Freaks and Geeks too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_r5O4PKi4

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Gmaz posted:

And he was in Freaks and Geeks too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_r5O4PKi4

The revelation that bill and jesus from Knocked up were the same person was crazy to me.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Gilfoyle's best role is obviously Sam in NTSF::SD::SUV.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I'm pretty sure Big Head's nickname comes from his last name (Bigueddi, or something like that) not from the fact that his head is any particular size. It's just a nickname that comes from his last name.

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011
Speaking of Big Head, what's going to happen to him in Season 2+? It doesn't seem like the show's going anywhere with him...

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Maybe he will leave Hooli for Pp or stay and become an inside spy/saboteur for them

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
I was thinking Tom Lennon would be a good choice if they replaced Peter Gregory. He looks and talks a lot like him.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I've been on the TJ miller train since Carpoolers, an ABC sitcom no one apparently saw. He does some amazing physical comedy in it. He was also in Cloverfield and most importantly Yogi Bear 3D!!!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Carpoolers is on youtube if anyone wants to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6196518807D1DCE5

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

movax
Aug 30, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo! The Light of Genesis is Pied Piper!

• Locked thread