Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Please don't injure my one good player thanks.

Lineup w/ DH:

LF - Henderson
2B - Collins
CF - Mantle
DH - McGwire
C - Berra/Torre
RF - Waner
1B - Heilmann
3B - Vaughan
SS - Santo

Lineup w/o DH:

LF - Henderson
2B - Collins
CF - Mantle
1B - McGwire
C - Berra/Torre
RF - Waner/Heilmann
3B - Vaughan
SS - Santo
P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Switch Clemens and Schilling again.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Well drat. Saw that coming but hoped I could take at least one.

Stay the course.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Hm. I could try and make massive changes that really won't do anything to help, or I could do nothing. gently caress it, at least I should actually have a working bench

Please send down Hornsby and Delmon Dogg, and call up Juan Gone and whoever can play SS better out of ancient Jeter and Stuffy McInnis. I know Stuffy barely ever played it, but I'm still not honestly sure if he's not a better choice there than Jeter.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

That's a lot better than I thought I'd do in the Dinger Temple, especially with my no-DH lineup still set to "rest everyone" because I'm stupid. Since I'm playing the Coburns in New Mexico next, I should probably go ahead and fix that, so I will. New lineups:

vs RHP, DH

3B Boggs
2B Collins
SS Hornsby
1B Foxx
DH Cobb
CF Mays
LF Crawford
C Cochrane
RF Furillo

vs LHP, DH

3B Boggs
2B Collins
DH Hornsby
1B Foxx
CF Mays
LF Crawford
SS Garciaparra
C Cochrane
RF Furillo

vs RHP/LHP, no-DH

3B Boggs
2B Collins
SS Hornsby
1B Foxx
CF Mays
LF Crawford
C Cochrane
RF Furillo
<pitcher>

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

My car's transmission is making GBS threads the bed, so yeah, pretty lovely few months.

(also reDRagon is losing this weekend to the Briscoes so they can lose to Bad Influence, though reDRagon/Bad Influence is the real match I want to see)

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

The Syndicate is on the road; apologies for the bad formatting. All replaced players go to the minors.

The Imperialists will put Hilton Smith in for Don Sutton.

The Coburns will replace Griffey Jr. with Bonds.

Our own Finger-Bangers will put Chipper back in for Giambi.

The PreMos put Doc in for Pettitte, and replace Kelley with Jack Doyle and Rose with Home Run Baker.

Thanks, and again, apologies.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Week 16 Injury Report

Khartoum Doom
Lou Gehrig (1B) (Resigned from Slug Lyfe and moved to monastery after mistakenly believing that he had killed NotThatSamBeckett) - Out for Season

Louisville Muggers
Ty Cobb (CF) (Watched Attack on Titan, was so disappointed that he quit the Muggers in disgust) - 91 days

Pick 'em: Pick 'em Day is a Very Dangerous Day

Intercontinental, Heavyweight and Larkin-Downing Championships
Philadelphia Premodernists (c) @ Australian Thunder

Hardcore and Television Championships
CERN Colliders @ South Bolton Eazy W's (c)

Canadian Championship
Khartoum Doom @ Somali Pirates (c)

United States Championship
Walney Rakers @ Coburns (c)

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Symphony

Sorry, Smasher. I didn't want to make any midseason moves, because of the extra work it causes you. But I don't think I should go down without a fight, either.

roster moves

Kal Daniels and Lee Lacy to the minors. Sam Rice and Frank Thom-oh, he retired. Sam Rice and, uh, Ken Williams called up.

lineup vs R

LF Tim Raines
CF Sam Rice
RF Reggie Smith (the one who isn't terrible right now)
3B Josh Gibson
1B Harmon Killebrew
DH Ken Williams
SS Vern Stephens
2B Marty McManus
C Brian McCann

vs L

LF Tim Raines
CF Sam Rice
RF Reggie Smith
DH Josh Gibson
1B Harmon Killebrew
3B Vern Stephens
C Earl Battey
2B Marty McManus
SS Jim Fregosi

That should mean:
Bench:
C platoon
Fregosi/Williams platoon
Davey Lopes
Reggie Smith
Reggie Smith

Leave the pitching unchanged for now, since I'll have to retool it when Dean comes back anyways.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Pick 'em: All Champs Retain

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Pick 'em

Thunder sweep and the rest retains.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Pick 'Em: Champs retain.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
Pick 'Em:

Thunder sweeps, all other champs retain.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Pick 'Em:

ALL CHAMPS RETAIN

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Canadian Championship

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Pick 'Em: Champs retain

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Louisville Muggers
Ty Cobb (CF) (Watched Attack on Titan, was so disappointed that he quit the Muggers in disgust) - 91 days

Man I'd be disappointed too, Cobb. You should just read the manga instead. It's way better.

Canadian Championship

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Great. So this means my Ty Cobb will be soon joining Monicro's in a show of solidarity.

If he does, my whole team starts wearing Zubaz as punishment.

e: If you two had less-similar names and didn't run around as your own tag-team, maybe we wouldn't confuse you both as much.

cbx fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 7, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ya got your Monateam members confused again cbx

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Champs retain.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Quick question, when does the Expansion Cup thing begin? I kind of want to see my glorious new team in action.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Ask Monicro, I outsourced that work to him.

Admittedly, the answer is probably, "JOE MADDON IS THE GREATEST MANAGER EVER the EC will start in a few days I CAN'T BELIEVE WIL MYERS GOT HURT!"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
OK, 2 more quick questions: Is there a database I can use to pull my players IDs to make things easier? And I can't remember if you can set wall heights in Baseball Mogul, or just LF Line, Power Alley, Center Field, Power Alley, RF Line.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

OK, 2 more quick questions: Is there a database I can use to pull my players IDs to make things easier? And I can't remember if you can set wall heights in Baseball Mogul, or just LF Line, Power Alley, Center Field, Power Alley, RF Line.

We normally use their RefID from BaseballReference.com, which you can find in the address bar just before the .html or .htm

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
All champs retain.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Canadian Championship

If not for killing both members of the Winamps, by myself, with no help from anyone, I would be very nervous right now!

Against LHP: Paul Konerko to 1B
Against RHP: Jason Giambi to DH

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 7, 2014

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Louisville Muggers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojiOyoyUYC4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKUSSFzRZGY

Replace Cobb with Ashburn in all lineups. Call up Chipper I guess.

Canadian Championship

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Canadian Championship

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

"JOE MADDON IS THE GREATEST MANAGER EVER the EC will start in a few days I CAN'T BELIEVE WIL MYERS GOT HURT!"

Also yeah this

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Subpar-League Week 15: We're back! poo poo!

Games of the Weak

Frank Gaiman posted:

KID GETS rear end BEAT; ACCUSES TADASHI OF HACKING

Canton - Tough to remember what it was like...back before the Calamity.

Near as I can figure it, the Canton Squad was lookin' for their 50th win. Thing that seemed important at the time. Not so much now, I reckon.

Faced off against the Cloverleafs. Club of no-good cheats and ruffians, y'ask me. Man they called 'Pudge' had been abusin' spirits to make him stronger for years. Bad ol' Dibble was a runabout, having been rousted from his job after insultin' Stephen Strasburg's manliness. And best not to even mention biggest creep of 'em all, Rafael Palmeiro. Fella had a villian's moustache and some ill-gotten gold, and rumor was he'd been hittin' the spirits too.

Now where was I...oh yeah.

So the kid brought his strength to bear against those villians, giving the job to ol' Whitey. Whitey was a cheat too, they said, but he did it the honest way--scuffing up the ball. A way a man could respect.

Started out well enough. Whitey tore through the Cloverleafs like a starving man at a buffet. Couldn't touch him for the first two innings.

Still don't know what happened, but next thing you knew, Cepeda was trottin' round the bases. Said he'd clouted a homer. Said it was 4-0.

Kid just smirked. Knew he could come back from this. He'd been down before.

Immediately got one back, and Whitey righted the ship. Set the Cloverleafs down again. Gave the Kid a chance to come back.

Kid tripped up in the 4th; didn't do anything.

Got reaaaaaaaaaal dark after that. Palmeiro homered. Mocked the crowd. Said right to their faces he never took no spirits. Pudge doubled. Crowd booed. Didn't care.

Whitey was bloodied, but he's never been a quitter. Came right back out to start the 6th, down 8-1.

Whitey...didn't make it. Was 12-1 in a blink. More of Palmeiro's work.

Summoned up the Doctor to try and make things better. Kid was too far gone for Doc. 16-1 headed into the 9th.

That's how it ended. Tried to forget about it, but they keep records now better'n they used to.

Game Notes:

- Brooks Robinson is batting .045 and scored the lone run after reaching base via HBP. Game was ugly.

- Brooks Robinson played 2B since Larry Doyle was out with a hangover. Might wanna fix that.

Box Score

Mick Freese posted:

SUN BEARS DESTROY SLAYERS; SILVERGUN SLAIN

London - This was almost a close game. For three innings, the bottom-dwelling Slayers were able to hang with the division-leading Sun Bears, keeping the score tied at 0-0. This was important, because a win here would make it three straight for the Slayers, a great start if they are to have any chance of escaping this season alive.

The fourth inning looked like it would be more of the same, with two quick outs. But then, Max Scherzer caught a glimpse of Joe Buck in the press box.

Filled with primordial rage, Scherzer found himself unable to command his fastball. Every pitch was either out of the zone, or a meatball down the middle. First it was a home run by Mel Ott, who did hit 511 of them in his career, to be fair. But then Scherzer walked Lance Berkman, and followed that up by allowing three straight hits. Eventually, Robinson Cano capped off the inning with a monstrous grand slam over the batter's eye, making it 7 runs in the inning for the Sun Bears.

Things had gotten so bad that even James Shields was an improvement for the Slayers. Nothing else too interesting happened in the rest of the game, except that Mel Ott hit another home run in the next inning, and another home run in the seventh, making the final score 10-4 in favor of the Bears.

After the game, a despondent Silvergun refused to answer questions from the press. "What would you have me say?" asked the malicious manager, "This team is dead and there's nothing left for me to do here. It's all over."

Silvergun then revealed himself as yet another anime fan when he committed ritual seppuku.

Game Notes:

- Mel Ott hit 3 home runs for the Sun Bears, but Mel Ott went 0-5 with 3 strikeouts. This would seem to indicate that the two doppelgängers are inevitably opposed to each other, and eventually must duel to the death in order for one to gain the power of the other. This is known as the "There Must Be Only One" theory.

- Despite the loss, Carlos Beltran had a great day for the Slayers, finishing only a single, a double, a triple, and a home run short of the cycle.

Box Score

The Child posted:

A BUNCH OF INEXPLICABLE THINGS HAPPEN IN SUCCESSION

London, Land of Metal - What even happened this game?

Going into this game today, the Sun Bears and Slayers are both part of the Kennel From Hell, considered probably the weakest division in the Sub-Par League. The Sun Bears have a four game lead, despite all odds, and the Slayers are ten games back on a ten game losing streak, meaning that relegation is almost certainly in the cards for them.

Nevertheless, they wanted to make a statement.

The madness started when Carlos Delgado dribbled weakly to the catcher for a double play that, oddly enough, missed the Joe Morgan, who had gotten on third earlier, allowing the Slayers to take a 1-0 lead. For a while, it seemed like that might be the only play of the game. But then in the bottom of the fourth, the Slayers scored 4 more runs.

And then in the bottom of the fifth, they scored four more, driving Steve Rogers from the pitching mound, and making the Sun Bears turn to Tyler Clippard. And in the bottom of the sixth, they decided they would show Clippard what he was in for, by scoring four more runs off him - and then another two off a throwing error by Lance "Launch Ballman" Berkman that allowed two unearned runs in addition to letting Jose Reyes advance to second.

The score, for those keeping track, is 1-15.

The Sun Bears manage to score a couple runs in the top of the seventh, but at this point, anything the Sun Bears do is more or less moot. To be fair, though, they do get out of a jam in the bottom of the seventh - mostly, as they only let one run score, on an error by Mel Ott. And then in the top of the eight, Launch Ballman manages to make up for his costly error with a 3-run homer, putting the score up to 6-15.

However, with their last at bat, the Slayers decided they could one-up Berkman's attempt at a comeback, and loaded the bases. With two out, and bases loaded, David Wright showed everyone why he - and not, ironically, the Sun Bears' Steve Rogers - deserved the nickname of Captain America, as he took Jordan Zimmerman to a full count, then forced him to throw a fastball right down the middle. Wright crushed the ball over the right field stands for a grand slam, and that was all she wrote, for a final score of 6-20.

After the game, a triumphant Silvergun made his return to the podium. "Ha! Now maybe you idiots will understand my genius. I knew that only by killing myself could I imbue this team with the sheer metal energy that they need to destroy their enemies. And now that I'm dead, there's nobody who can stop us!" Responding to reporters who asserted that he was, clearly, alive, Silvergun responded, "Nuh-uh. You saw it yesterday, I'm totally dead now. I mean, look at my deathly pallor and terrible smell of rotting flesh. There's really no other explanation."

Game Notes:

- When confronted about the two errors he made today - including one that set up for David Wright's Grand Slam, Launch retorted "Look, I'm Launch Ballman. I launch balls, that's why I play 1B and not loving shortstop."

- Despite the insane score by the Slayers, Teddy Ballgame was hardly a part of it, only getting one lonely hit. He did get two walks, though! He also grounded out, popped out, and flied out, leaving him a strikeout short of that which might be considered an "Anti-Cycle" in some circles.

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

You're supposed to kill the Plunder Corp. Start killing!

Analysis

Just an unlucky series, for the most part.

Analysis

CraigK is sure going to love those two big wins!

Analysis

Boo!

Analysis

I don't know.

Analysis

When Monathin is sad, I am happy.

Analysis

The game tells me Derek Jeter has a rib fracture, but it's only a 3 day injury. That seems kind of doubtful to me.

Analysis

Good!

Analysis

To catch up with the hated GVOLTT, you'll probably have to beat him head-to-head.

Analysis

You've scored almost 10% of your runs in these last 4 games. That's either a good sign, or a very bad one.

Analysis

Most of your players are good, but not great. That may not be enough.

Analysis

Bad job!

Analysis

Cy Old hasn't crumbled to dust as quickly as I had hoped.

Analysis

Whoa! Witch-ay woman!

Analysis

The Mega-Otts Explode!

Analysis

You disappoint me.

Standings

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Could you look up the stats for all the Bondses from the Wizards/Worst series? That would interest me as well.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

TheMcD posted:

Could you look up the stats for all the Bondses from the Wizards/Worst series? That would interest me as well.

This, and switch the Bonds's batting 3rd and 5th in the order. Will this do anything? Who knows!!!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sure.

Barry Bonds: 7/15, 1 BB, 3 2B
Barry Bonds: 3/16, 1 HR
Barry Bonds: 4/13, 4 BB, 1 2B
Barry Bonds: 3/12, 4 BB

A few days ago, I remember someone on IRC saying that they wanted to grab what stats were still available from Super-League I, II, and III. Basically turning the old screenshots into spreadsheets that I can use for the website.
So now that archives are back, anyone want to do this?

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Well, the changes I requested for the 4-game week weren't implemented; not a big deal, it was only for 4 games. So I'll post them again, especially with upcoming interleague games.

Batting order (no DH)
1. Tony Gwynn (RF)
2. Wally Berger (CF)
3. Rafael Palmeiro (1B)
4. Frank Howard (LF)
5. Chipper Jones (3B)
6. Bobby Grich (2B)
7. Troy Tulowitzki (SS)
8. Brian Downing (C) (Johnny Roseboro - personal catcher for Don Drysdale)
9. [pitcher]

Batting order (with DH)
1. Tony Gwynn (RF)
2. Wally Berger (CF)
3. Rafael Palmeiro (1B)
4. Frank Howard (LF)
5. Jeff Bagwell (DH)
6. Chipper Jones (3B)
7. Bobby Grich (2B)
8. Troy Tulowitzki (SS)
9. Brian Downing (C) (Johnny Roseboro - personal catcher for Don Drysdale)

Willie Davis goes back to the bench with Wally Berger healthy.

And some bullpen shuffling with the recent acquisition of David Robertson:
CL - Bruce Sutter
SU - Jesse Crain
SR - David Robertson
SR - Bob Miller
MR - Willie Hernandez
LR - Nolan Ryan

Chris Sale goes back to AAA.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Vonnie!
Mad Wack!
ScreenDoorSlams!

I'm gonna need rosters from you guys. Kensei won't be able to post his until the ~10th so its not like a huge rush, but I'd like to start building the league as soon as he posts his so if you guys could get yours in before then I would appreciate it.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Everyone retains.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Some people are trying to aggregate the numbers from Super-League I through Super-League III. I don't have the save files for those seasons, but the updates are still in the original threads. So, if you want to help, This is the spreadsheet to enter the data into.

I have no idea how helpful these statistics really will be, since the league was a different place back then, full of life and hope and terrible, terrible players, but hey, people do like numbers.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

While the site is still a good resource for evaluating players, lately I have been more interested in it as a historical reference, which is why I've put so much work into it, like adding play-by-play data!

So I would like to have at least some stats in there for those seasons, but I would also want to kill myself if I had to type all of that in, so if people want to help out that would be cool.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

While the site is still a good resource for evaluating players, lately I have been more interested in it as a historical reference

Well, I'm glad that when they finally commit me, they'll have incredibly thorough documentation of my descent into madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

aaaaaa ive wanted this for a while but i didnt know how much of a pain it would be to add in so i never asked, you own