Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are puas human garbage
yea of course
i disagree
hmm...not sure op
goku
gas thread
View Results

• Locked thread
Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

same but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

red19fire posted:

Yeah but pandas are barely interested in loving other pandas, they're the incels of the animal kingdom.

Wait if they don't wanna do it to begin with wouldn't they be volcels?

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

People laugh at this, but the "Demonstrate Value" this is actually pretty good advice. So if we were to be fair, there's at least two words of good advice in all this PUA stuff, and I think credit should be given where it's due. Sure you could point a bunch of other words that are stupid poo poo, but unfortunately reading them "ironically" doesn't make you less of a loser. And don't even pretend you didn't read that poo poo. If you would have just looked at the pictures, everyone would have been talking about the purple furry vest instead of letting that one fly under the radar.

The other thing I can't stand is that is the constant pointing out of a small number of people that said "no" means "rape me" and making generalizations out of it. If I recall correctly, the last time someone premeditated murder on these forums and then went out and shot two people, everyone was singing the exact opposite tune. More like, there's only been a couple of murderers on here so that's a really low rate and way better than the general population.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

:shrek:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lol nice av change

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

everyone itt is a fag and this is gonna be a rehashed okcupid thread where creepy internet people obsess over other creepy internet people. peace

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

Tarkus posted:

Yes, but if you meet somewhere between this and creepy weirdo red-piller, you might achieve something close to normal.

Honest question: Why do people aspire to be normal? Being in a relationship or having friends has absolutely no bearing on whether or not you're miserable.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
I'm married with 2 kids, but I read the love-shy forum http://www.love-shy.com/lsbb/ because it's fascinating. It's kind of the other side of the coin of douchey PUA types, but it's filled with guys who will never get laid because they think they have everything figured out about sex and women, but they actually don't know anything. They're experts in rejection, but they have the strangest ideas ever about everything else. The only difference between the love shy guys and the PUA guys is that love shy guys think they're doomed to never have sex no matter what they do, while PUA guys think they have some kind of magic recipe.

Here's a snippet from a thread about masturbation, and why you should try to minimize how much you jerk off - which is not terrible advice necessarily...

quote:

Women realize men masturbate. If you enter a relationship with this baggage, it's okay.
Aim to end it when you are in the relationship since you will no longer need to.

In summary,
Be brief, and enjoy it when you fap.
Fapping is on the way out towards being uncommon and minimal.
It's a crutch, to be used for the time being.
You are fapping less and less.
When you get a girlfriend you will eventually rely on her completely.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
butts

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
I read the Game and came away with thinking PUAs sure have elaborate ways of feigning confidence.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

if you 'get' pua mock threads you have a predisposition to prodromal schizophrenia. peace.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Marxist Hobo posted:

if you 'get' pua mock threads you have a predisposition to prodromal schizophrenia. peace.

idgi

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

GlennFinito posted:

I read the Game and came away with thinking PUAs sure have elaborate ways of feigning confidence.

My favorite part was when he was talking about almost banging Courtney Love. It opened my eyes to the types of women he was bragging about the whole book. Guys I invented a way to bang any woman you want as long as you only want to bang washed up drug addicted strippers who are probably also full of diseases and they've had a kid or 4.

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

tiananman posted:

I'm married with 2 kids, but I read the love-shy forum http://www.love-shy.com/lsbb/ because it's fascinating. It's kind of the other side of the coin of douchey PUA types, but it's filled with guys who will never get laid because they think they have everything figured out about sex and women, but they actually don't know anything. They're experts in rejection, but they have the strangest ideas ever about everything else. The only difference between the love shy guys and the PUA guys is that love shy guys think they're doomed to never have sex no matter what they do, while PUA guys think they have some kind of magic recipe.

On the contrary, it has little to do with their whether or not they know society. It has to do with disposition. Most of these people have themselves figured out, and American culture as a zero-tolerance towards people like them.

American culture should be held partly responsible for what Eliot Rodgers did. The air of desperation would've never existed if it didn't become our mandate in society to shame anyone who has never been in a relationship.

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013

tiananman posted:

My favorite part was when he was talking about almost banging Courtney Love. It opened my eyes to the types of women he was bragging about the whole book. Guys I invented a way to bang any woman you want as long as you only want to bang washed up drug addicted strippers who are probably also full of diseases and they've had a kid or 4.

my favorite was Mystery's, the author's hero and mentor, various nervous breakdowns.

The Newman
Oct 17, 2003
unconstructive critic

Job Truniht posted:

Honest question: Why do people aspire to be normal? Being in a relationship or having friends has absolutely no bearing on whether or not you're miserable.

actually humans are social animals and 99% of them are happier with friends than without friends

we can safely categorize the remaining 1% of shut-in loners as abnormal

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

The Newman posted:

actually humans are social animals and 99% of them are happier with friends than without friends

we can safely categorize the remaining 1% of shut-in loners as abnormal

I'm glad you could clarify all that bullshit with your handwaving.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

Job Truniht posted:

On the contrary, it has little to do with their whether or not they know society. It has to do with disposition. Most of these people have themselves figured out, and American culture as a zero-tolerance towards people like them.

American culture should be held partly responsible for what Eliot Rodgers did. The air of desperation would've never existed if it didn't become our mandate in society to shame anyone who has never been in a relationship.

Well their disposition is terrible, but the only reason they have it is because they think they know everything. Did you read the stuff about jerking off?

You're either a decent troll or a retard btw.

The Newman
Oct 17, 2003
unconstructive critic

Job Truniht posted:

I'm glad you could clarify all that bullshit with your handwaving.

I feel empathy for you and your broken brain. Unable to enjoy the company of others, while all around you, everyone else is having a good time with friends and meaningful relationships? That's got to suck. Hopefully therapy or pharmacology offer you an exit from your tragic circumstances.

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

tiananman posted:

Well their disposition is terrible, but the only reason they have it is because they think they know everything. Did you read the stuff about jerking off?

You're either a decent troll or a retard btw.

I am asking you guys to quit being a condescending douches about their dispositions. Being in a relationship does not elevate your social status. I can almost say for certain that you know nothing of these people or their dispositions.

Most of these people are hosed for life. They just don't know it yet. Everything else is just purely wishful thinking.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

if you cant have sex then you dont deserve it its as simple as that really

Job Truniht posted:

I am asking you guys to quit being a condescending douches about their dispositions. Being in a relationship does not elevate your social status.

yes it does

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

babypolis posted:

if you cant have sex then you dont deserve it its as simple as that really

Yeah, because that's a logical statement :rolleyes:

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

Sabel posted:

I am OK frequents ナンパオフ会 and picks up vapid slores (slut-whores) at gas panic.

Tell us more...

(really)

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

Are you guys honestly going to spend the rest of this thread cherry picking American culture and assigning that as a mandate everyone else should follow? If you don't have a problem with relationships as a social status, then quit being hypocrites and acknowledge that toxic masculinity is great, rape culture is great, and rampant consumerism/materialism are great. Stop the vague gestures about deporting these people to therapy and then unequivocally argue about your vast knowledge of the subject in the same breath, because both are most definitely mutually exclusive. You guys are shameless.

PUA is poo poo. MRA is poo poo. But stop saying their problems are remotely simple or that they're there entirely by choice.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Job Truniht posted:

Most of these people are hosed for life. They just don't know it yet. Everything else is just purely wishful thinking.

you don't know that though.what if most of these guys eventually realize that maybe ostracism is society's way of giving them a heads-up about their personality/physical defects, and take the necessary steps to fix them?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Job Truniht posted:

PUA is poo poo. MRA is poo poo. But stop saying their problems are remotely simple or that they're there entirely by choice.

but those problems really are simple and mostly by choice. if they arent deformed then either they have to lower their standards or improve themselves easy as that

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Job Truniht posted:

But stop saying

no

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Job Truniht posted:

Most of these people are hosed for life.

lmbo no i think the whole problem is that they arent hosed for any part of their life

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Job Truniht posted:

The air of desperation would've never existed if it didn't become our mandate in society to shame anyone who has never been in a relationship.

There's a mandate to shame anyone who's never been in a relationship? At high school level/with douchey acquaintances, maybe, but adulthood tends to give zero fucks, if you're not broadcasting it to everyone in your surroundings or have some other reason to be ostracized (which may be a part of why there was no prior relationship success). Or are things different in the U.S.?

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

you don't know that though.what if most of these guys eventually realize that maybe ostracism is society's way of giving them a heads-up about their personality/physical defects, and take the necessary steps to fix them?

Society itself is not a bastion of tolerance. This is just a pitiful excuse for justifying discrimination. PUA/MRA have deplorable views about women, and those can be challenged. Mocking their insecurities is just fueling the flame.

babypolis posted:

but those problems really are simple and mostly by choice. if they arent deformed then either they have to lower their standards or improve themselves easy as that

It varies for each person, but social isolation comes first. The scapegoating comes after that.

I think you're going to find MRA/PUA members are predominately white Americans. Would you care to explain that?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “friend of the family balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of fyad humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Job Truniht posted:

The air of desperation would've never existed if it didn't become our mandate in society to shame anyone who has never been in a relationship.
Backing you up

SpaceBum posted:

I'd say being a virgin at 22 in western societies. A normal young man living a normal college life has to meet several dozen turbo sluts every semester. All elliot had to do is simile and keep up a facade of a normal personality for 30 minutes and finally do the dirty. Even w/o the college experience, incels could easily go to bars and clubs, trip over the low hanging fruit then pick them up. The fact is involuntary celibacy is just a symptom having no attractive qualities, and indicative of being valued as damaged, worthless, repulsive or dangerous junk in the sexual marketplace. Even the behaviour of not putting oneself on the market to begin with is not attractive to women, and cause for concern. What kind of healthy young man wouldn’t or couldn't bang a 4/10 chick spreading her legs? Only a gay young man, or a weirdo, that’s it.

To put it simpley, if someone is a virgin at 22 while not involved with a religious order or did not spent their youth in prison - there is something very wrong.

As a sexhaver, please don't virgin shame. :angel:

Al Cowens fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 7, 2014

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

can we close this thread its obvious goons in here are more psycho than PUA MRA 10x over

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

univbee posted:

There's a mandate to shame anyone who's never been in a relationship? At high school level/with douchey acquaintances, maybe, but adulthood tends to give zero fucks, if you're not broadcasting it to everyone in your surroundings or have some other reason to be ostracized (which may be a part of why there was no prior relationship success). Or are things different in the U.S.?

It's a product from whatever social conservatism remains in our culture.

There are, ultimately, two conditions that must be met for someone to be normal: You have to make peace with yourself and arrest any inner turmoil that you may have (what some people in this thread have mentioned), and you have to make peace with society and its expectations of you (which nobody in this thread is talking about). Even if the former was possible, the latter is something I find impossible to do. It could easily be unique to American culture. Maybe it's different everywhere else. I'm not going to generalize.

Rape culture and patriarchy were around long before MRA/PUA came along. They are products of masculine society and its will to exert control over other people.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Volcel goon checking in here. Have a lot of friends and am quite happy when my bipolar ain't fuckin' wit my head. Incels just ain't doin it right.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Job Truniht posted:

There are, ultimately, two conditions that must be met for someone to be normal: You have to make peace with yourself and arrest any inner turmoil that you may have (what some people in this thread have mentioned), and you have to make peace with society and its expectations of you (which nobody in this thread is talking about). Even if the former was possible, the latter is something I find impossible to do. It could easily be unique to American culture. Maybe it's different everywhere else. I'm not going to generalize.

Rape culture and patriarchy were around long before MRA/PUA came along. They are products of masculine society and its will to exert control over other people.

your posts are real retarded, sir

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Job Truniht posted:

Honestly, I think the latter goes hand in hand with the former; the idea of "society expects you to find a partner and have all the sex" really is mostly an artificial idea someone who hasn't made peace with himself constructs, rather than something that actually happens.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

your posts are real retarded, sir

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

close this gay thread

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

can we close this thread its obvious goons in here are more psycho than PUA MRA 10x over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

univbee posted:

Honestly, I think the latter goes hand in hand with the former; the idea of "society expects you to find a partner and have all the sex" really is mostly an artificial idea someone who hasn't made peace with himself constructs, rather than something that actually happens.
Admittedly, there's a world outside of lovely teen/college sex comedies but it's hard to deny that it's there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LL7eTBg7zQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn3IRHhPXMo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8nb2K7BmcEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn11SLihQAU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8NDCJY5DW4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLZC7dc_u14
https://www.google.com/search?q=peer+pressure+to+have+sex

• Locked thread