Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, Oath one quick Bretonnian Knight for June 28mm, Gamesworkshop, going for a 24-hour speed paint!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, oath the following items

40 old-rear end GW orcs
1 GW Doom Diver
3 GW Goblin Crew

We'll see if I can burn myself out painting 37 of the exact same model!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, being late with my painting commission and optimistic about my skills, oath the following minis for June:

Armbot Peacemaker (and its Auxbot)
2x Guarda de Assalto (and their two Auxbots)
Dragao TAG
Naga hacker
Mechanist Machinist
one-man death panel Trauma-Doc
Two Palbots
Indigo Spec-Ops

(Everything's 28 mm scale, for Infinity, made by Corvus Belli)

Sorry, missed this one - Accepted!

Also, screw it, gonna do an Oath Addition:
29 Termigants (Hormagaunts with Termigant weapons)

and 8 Termigants with Devourers

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

For some reason I'm really into this oath season more than the last one, these clanrats are getting done a lot faster than I thought they'd be. :)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Hey, Army Painter got back to me with a PDF of the MDS for Quickshade! That was quick, haha.

First off: this is not nice stuff. Don't breathe it in. It's flammable too. It is irritating to skin, can seriously damage your eyes on contact, may cause lung damage if swallowed(!), and is harmful to aquatic organisms so don't pour it into a river.

Section 14 covers transport information, and it says:

As a Class 3 flammable liquid, you must label your shipping box with the appropriate hazard label. FedEx and UPS will both ship Class 3 materials, ground, with the appropriate labeling. I think they may require you to qualify in some way before allowing you to ship hazmats, though. These items also require specific packaging, for example UN POP is a packaging standard which FedEx requires you comply with, with some exceptions, and with additional requirements: " For packages weighing up to 20 lbs. the outer package minimum requirements will be a 200 lb. Bursting test or 32 Edge Crush test package."

They provide additional guidelines for paint, which a quick reading says basically you have to have clips on the lid, and pack using absorbent material.

here's FedEx's shipping guide (PDF)

So...

My advice is to contact Canada Post or check out their website to see if they'll ship it and if so, what the reqirements will be. Or, maybe this is too much hassle to ship a $20(?) can of paint to America or the UK...

Wow thanks! I'll have to look into mailing it to krushgroove in a week or two when I've got more time, but mad props for this post. Honeslty, if anyone in the Vancouver area needs some dip give me a private message :haw:

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
I, Diosamblet, oath six heroes from Descent 2nd Edition for June:
(left to right) High Mage Quellan, Reynhart the Worthy, Widow Tartha, Jain Fairwood, Avric Albright, and Grisban the Thirsty

28mm from Fantasy Flight Games, basic Zenithal primed. I will be attempting "Box Art" for these. Jain should be a challenge there, her box art's leather is almost day-glo orange.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do OATH this one solitary MK3 Power Armored Space Marine. 28mm Forgeworld (Games Workshop).

He will have a fancy man base too.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Hey folks, I've only had a limited amount of time to review the spreadsheet during the work weeks (due to getting used to a new job), but I wanted to let people know that the sheet should be up to date regarding May Oath completion. So please post here if you notice anything wonky about the completion I've given you on the May 2014 tab and the Achievements tab!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbAQSD-C_25dFcwTGtXeWJpNG9Ob18yclJKYUhQMkE&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=12

I know that I've probably missed giving some people Season 5iver, for instance.

As another point, I only gave people credit for Themed Group if they had completed at least (5) figures that looked like they went together (for 28mm scale). If that doesn't match Season 5's rules, though, let me know and I'll correct. :)

Canspark
Apr 2, 2012
I, Cansparks, will oath for June:

20 Chaos Warriors - Games Workshop
1 Elf Wizardlady - Reaper
1 Swordswoman - Reaper
1 Armoured Dinosaurman - Reaper

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Could we maybe get a link to each month's Inquisitor's Journal post in one of the first posts? It would make it easier when I forget what I was supposed to do for the 50'eth time.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

krushgroove posted:

Also, screw it, gonna do an Oath Addition:
29 Termigants (Hormagaunts with Termigant weapons)

and 8 Termigants with Devourers

Diosamblet posted:

I, Diosamblet, oath six heroes from Descent 2nd Edition for June:
(left to right) High Mage Quellan, Reynhart the Worthy, Widow Tartha, Jain Fairwood, Avric Albright, and Grisban the Thirsty

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do OATH this one solitary MK3 Power Armored Space Marine. 28mm Forgeworld (Games Workshop).

He will have a fancy man base too.

Canspark posted:

I, Cansparks, will oath for June:

20 Chaos Warriors - Games Workshop
1 Elf Wizardlady - Reaper
1 Swordswoman - Reaper
1 Armoured Dinosaurman - Reaper
Accepted!

ijyt posted:

For some reason I'm really into this oath season more than the last one, these clanrats are getting done a lot faster than I thought they'd be. :)
:))

Electric Hobo posted:

Could we maybe get a link to each month's Inquisitor's Journal post in one of the first posts? It would make it easier when I forget what I was supposed to do for the 50'eth time.
YES! Sorry about that - here is the link to the June Inquisitor's Journal. Join Mr. Green and Inquisitor Tramados as they explore (?) the Deathworld of Proxima Mortalis!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Quick question: If I commit to painting a Morkanaught now (to be released Saturday, so there's no danger of getting a headstart) do I still have to upload a pic of it unpainted? Because I might make a start on it at the local GW, so won't be able to get an unfinished picture without going home.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Elfface posted:

Quick question: If I commit to painting a Morkanaught now (to be released Saturday, so there's no danger of getting a headstart) do I still have to upload a pic of it unpainted? Because I might make a start on it at the local GW, so won't be able to get an unfinished picture without going home.

Taking a photo of the oath at the store seems like the safest bet.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ijyt posted:

Taking a photo of the oath at the store seems like the safest bet.

Yeah, or borrow someone's phone to go to the World Time Server website and use your phone to take the picture?

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I guess I'd better get on with this month's project now it's decided to turn up!

I, Fuegan, oath one Salamanders Legion Praetor from the Games Workshop range for June! Going to be doing some fun conversion stuff and some work with brass etch.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, oath these models: Megalith, Reeve Unit Leader(Privateer Press, 28 mm), Executioner, Exorcist, 4 Witchling Stalkers (Wyrd Miniatures, 30mm), 8 tokens for WWX(2 lookout, 2 reload, 4 broken)

The tokens are for the I rolled a 6! achievement. They are currently blank pieces of wood but I figured I should mention what they will be. Also, one of the stalkers is already primed and based and the other three are bare plastic.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath Two Probots and Three Dakini Tactbots. These are 28mm Infinity figures, from Corvus Bell.

God I hope all the parts are there.

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
I, Derlix, oath Lady Justice from Malifaux

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, ForkBanger, oath these Ten Thunders Malifaux proxies- a High River Monk, a Ten Thunders Brother, a possible big Shenlong, Monk, a Fermented River Monk, and a possible small Shenlong.

I can't decide if I want my kung fu tyrant to be oversized or petite. I'll paint both, and see which I prefer.

Four of these guys are 32mm i]Buhido[/i] miniatures, one is a 28mm Heldorado miniature.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

ForkBanger posted:

I can't decide if I want my kung fu tyrant to be oversized or petite. I'll paint both, and see which I prefer.

Bolo vs Bruce, I think we all know which one's the coolest (hint: it's not Bruce).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hey everyone, out of the country and using my phone to post - I'll get to the Oaths on Monday when I return, so please as always don't wait to paint, just go!!!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
:woop: Finally caught up with spreadsheet completion! :woop:

krushgroove posted:

:siren: A CALL TO GOONS! :siren:

We're looking for new things to stick into the Grab Bag, goons!

I owe you and Manifest some itemized pictures. :)

ForkBanger posted:

I, ForkBanger, oath these Ten Thunders Malifaux proxies- a High River Monk, a Ten Thunders Brother, a possible big Shenlong, Monk, a Fermented River Monk, and a possible small Shenlong.

Four of these guys are 32mm i]Buhido[/i] miniatures, one is a 28mm Heldorado miniature.

Why pick? You can recreate the time I thought it was a good idea to play the 'Gonna Need a Bigger Boat' drama card on a Kung Fu boss in Deadlands. Two characters died that day. :ohdear:

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
I, Karl Rove, oath these Flames of War: Fate of a Nation 15mm figures - four Sho't tanks and one Ouragan ground attack aircraft.

Shabbat shalom

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

People play Fate of a Nation? :v:

I kid, I can't wait to see them when they're done.

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
I, Conan the Librarian, do hereby oath to paint these miniatures consisting of 3 Egyptian T-54s, 2 Egyptian ZSU-57-2s, and 2 Israeli Magach 2s.
These are 15mm miniatures from Battlefront.

Allahu Akbar!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Conan the Librarian posted:

I, Conan the Librarian, do hereby oath to paint these miniatures consisting of 3 Egyptian T-54s, 2 Egyptian ZSU-57-2s, and 2 Israeli Magach 2s.

Allahu Akbar!

Congratulations, you're our 100th Oather! :toot:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Karl Rove posted:

I, Karl Rove, oath these Flames of War: Fate of a Nation 15mm figures - four Sho't tanks and one Ouragan ground attack aircraft.

Shabbat shalom

Conan the Librarian posted:

Allahu Akbar!

I need to oath my M50s, M51s, and AMXs. Probably next month.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

YF19pilot posted:

I need to oath my M50s, M51s, and AMXs. Probably next month.
:toot: Hi five fellow defender of the holy land, and if I'm reading your title correctly, Lazerhawk fan.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
I, OneTrueBru, oath (another) DV Ravenwing biker for June 2014

I'm going to try speedpainting this one so I can add an additional oath later this month.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Karl Rove posted:

:toot: Hi five fellow defender of the holy land, and if I'm reading your title correctly, Lazerhawk fan.

Actually, never heard of Lazerhawk. I assume you mean the music? I'll have to look into it.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Quick question for re: bases. I have a bunch of resin bases I picked up a while back and batch-painted to make sure they were consistent ('cause I'm using them across a couple of small armies), would it be OK to oath some minis and use those pre-painted bases? Both in general and for this month's Jurnal.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Zark the Damned posted:

Quick question for re: bases. I have a bunch of resin bases I picked up a while back and batch-painted to make sure they were consistent ('cause I'm using them across a couple of small armies), would it be OK to oath some minis and use those pre-painted bases? Both in general and for this month's Jurnal.

You'll probably have to wait to Monday for the official word, but as far as I understand, that would not be kosher. The Jurnal has to be part of your oath, and you can't oath something that has been pre-painted. I believe you can submit the "oath complete" photo on said base, but your base would not be a valid entry for this month's Jurnal, or considered part of the oath for purposes of judging.

You are allowed to oath an unpainted base this month, finish it, then oath the model for it next month, and submit both together for whatever that counts for (strike a pose, in battle, etc), but the difference being those are both oaths from this season.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Zero Suit Ridley posted:

At Dagon's urging I, Zero Suit Ridley, Oath for June 3 Torakage from Wyrd

Adding to oath: one Wendigo from Wyrd/Malifaux
going for speedpainting on this guy 'cause I got a tournament tomorrow.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
For speedpainting purposes:

I will not try that particular technique again, I am not thrilled with the outcome.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 10 Genestealers for the month of June (GW, 28mm)

In case anyone's wondering, those are not painted; they're cast in dark blue plastic because that's just how it was done during the Space Hulk 1st edition days.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I, Tweekinator, oath two GW 28mm empire swordsmen for my Mordheim band.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Just checking in for any questions to answer...

Zark the Damned posted:

YF19pilot puts forward a very good case, but for the moment I'm going to consider your bases the same thing as clear, unpainted bases, meaning you're free to use the bases for this month's Oath but since they were painted previously the bases won't be eligible for Journal points from the Judges. This is a special case, this Journal (I didn't mean for rules questions to pop up so soon but whatya gonna do?) , so this may set a precedent for future similar questions. (or it may not! It is a special case)

You’ll need to show the bases in your Oath picture, as other Oathers are showing their unpainted bases as part of their Oaths.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
I, stabbington, swear to paint this sweet rear end Borka riding on a bear (30mm, Privateer press) in the month of June

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

krushgroove posted:

Just checking in for any questions to answer...

YF19pilot puts forward a very good case, but for the moment I'm going to consider your bases the same thing as clear, unpainted bases, meaning you're free to use the bases for this month's Oath but since they were painted previously the bases won't be eligible for Journal points from the Judges. This is a special case, this Journal (I didn't mean for rules questions to pop up so soon but whatya gonna do?) , so this may set a precedent for future similar questions. (or it may not! It is a special case)

You’ll need to show the bases in your Oath picture, as other Oathers are showing their unpainted bases as part of their Oaths.

OK, no problem. I can probably dig something else out in that case, will dig through the bitz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I, Loxbourne, oath one Spartan Games Hawker Industries starter box for the month of June.

That's 1 x Excelsior battleship, 3 x Resolute cruisers, and 4 x Endeavour frigates. The bag is full of little solar panels to be attached after the hulls are painted. All models are in white primer.

Spartan FSA models are 0.16mm scale.

• Locked thread