Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Bahanahab posted:

Overall, I'm at the point of picking what class to focus on to eventually raid with. I've got a druid, cleric, shaman, rogue and wizard that are all fun for me. They're all going to take the same amount of work to get raid ready too. So, for the test raiders which one of those classes would be best to focus on?

What do you actually like playing, how good are you, and how much effort are you willing to put into playing a class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

jetz0r posted:

What do you actually like playing, how good are you, and how much effort are you willing to put into playing a class?

My main problem is I like all of the classes I listed, and box most of them in my group due to that. I'm still trying to learn all the quirks that make up EQ, but enjoying everything so far. The only downside I see, and want to try and avoid, is putting all the effort into getting all the augs, 2.0, etc. only to end up being told that the only serious raiding guild on the test server is full on that class.

I suppose I should have phrased it as what classes, of the one's I listed, are not needed at all.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
All those are pretty needed except rogue. But 100% always play what you want to play. If you can try to join some open public raids and see what you like and don't like. It's pretty rare to actually like raiding on shaman, but if you do that'd be amazing. Druids and wizards are pretty rare on test as well and each can bring a lot to the table.

Rogue is still way useful in almost all situations, and we only have a couple, but our melee attendance numbers are huge at the moment (it could change in an instant though.)

Definitely get your shaman 2.0 no matter what you decide though.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 3, 2014

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Hey Kodaji, I haven't been able to catch you online for the past few days, but if you get a chance, could you please try to send those Glowing Dreadmotes to Thalyn.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for doing Mass of Spite? I've got a level 100 nec with a J5 merc and two level 87 mages also with J5s. Last time I attempted him was when I was still level 99--all the mercs were healers set to reactive, spammed the swarms, sent in the pets (maxed AAs), and started dropping DOTs. Everything was going well until he got to 50%, and which point my pet went from full health to dead, and I was able to FD as soon as I got summoned.

I think I should fare better now that I'm at 100, but is there anything else I should be doing?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Yeah logging in now and sending what I have your way. Test has been super lovely the last week. I'm an officer now, so I can raid our bank myself :v:

Not sure on Spite since I'd already gimp looted EM17 on my necro by CotF release, but even getting him to 50 with a single 99 necro and turdboxes is a pretty legit feat to me. I'm an awful necro and only play it as a third box when I'm loving around, so I don't have a whole lot of advice, but make sure you have a second buffed/geared pet in your pocket for bad times, then mash that AA that makes you invulnerable when pet 1 dies and drag out second pet for round 2.

Do you have CoA robe? If not, that's a MASSIVE amount of lost necro DPS. Robe + 2nd pet if you weren't using those two tricks would've gotten you way closer than 50%, but even then, I'd really just be proud of getting a 4th Gate named to 50% with a single solo level 99 necro. You can always join LoB and pick up EM17! We have no real necro force at all, though our one decent necro is a pretty awesome guy. Alternately, I'm trying to log in on off nights now, so if I'm on, I can come gently caress him for you.

@What do I raid with - play what you enjoy so you don't quit raiding. Goons in LoB have a history of being awesome at whatever they play and LoB is gearing people fast as gently caress right now, so just do whatever you'll have fun with. You'll be geared really solidly in a month regardless of class. Goons and/or friends of goons basically run the guild now, so you can play whatever you want. Tank recruitment is closed at the moment (loving FINALLY) while we make the 8 billion we have either useful or street urchins, but everything else is more than welcome

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Bahanahab posted:

Unfortunately, I was trying to ask this in the serverwide chat tonight, but the chat channel was constantly going down. I could only get a few statements from Kodaji about eating nachos and no heals.

Overall, I'm at the point of picking what class to focus on to eventually raid with. I've got a druid, cleric, shaman, rogue and wizard that are all fun for me. They're all going to take the same amount of work to get raid ready too. So, for the test raiders which one of those classes would be best to focus on?

Rogue and wizard are the most straight forward of those. You have a very clear role with an easy metric to measure yourself against. You just have to DPS and maybe drop a few mez traps. And you'll depend on others playing correctly to get the most out your class, things like shm epic being used correctly are very important.

The 3 priests are all good and very much worth their raid slots. Clerics work best with tanks, shm with melee, and druids with casters. Playing a raid healer can be stressful, and your metrics are harder to nail down. Some people will blame every death on you no matter what else is going on, and a lot of deaths will be your fault.

Druids and shm have additional adps and utility duties to worry about on top of healing. I'm obviously biased towards druids, but I'm not sure you'll get to do cool druid things in a shitter guild. Just out-DPS baddies on low healing burn fights. It's a nice double standard, no one cares if you don't make parse or parse badly, but when you do well, you get to brag about beating real dps classes as a priest.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

you'll depend on others playing correctly to get the most out your class

Should probably play something else for LoB if this is your metric, which is why we have no druids and shamans.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Okay druid people, help me out here. My three-box crew is a completely raid-geared beastlord, a mostly raid-geared enchanter, and a third account. The beastlord works well as the "tank", and I'm more or less addicted to mez and auras from the enchanter (honestly twincast and MR auras are completely tailor-made for beastlords). The question is what to do with the third box.

I have a level 100 wizard with ~8k AAs that does stupid dps even being just group geared, but sometimes relying on a merc healer is frustrating since they'll stop doing their job from time to time for no apparent reason. Beastlords have tricks to use as stopgaps in these cases so it's not like it's getting me killed, but it's annoying enough that I started leveling a druid to use in the wizard's spot. That druid's now 98 with ~4500AAs, some of which are trash because part of this process was testing out the autogrant system (it sucks, if you're powerleveling a character do not use the autogrant until you've racked up 3k AAs or so; there's enough useful AAs for every class except maybe bard that you'll want to earn at least 3 or 4k AAs over and above the autogrant so might as well get them while they're far easier to get).

Anyway, the druid heals okay, especially as kind of a hybrid safety net healer behind the merc and dps caster. Druids have several 'oh poo poo' fast heals that are beefy and pretty cool. Druid dps, though, is poo poo. Everything has very low base damage amounts and poor efficiency, and it seems like with napkin math that even with the same spell dps AAs, druid nuke damage is on par or maybe slightly worse than the enchanter. I don't expect wizard dps from the little poo poo, but I was counting on decent dps, especially if it doesn't have to heal much. Is this something that will correct itself with two more levels and another 4000 AAs, or should I cut my losses now and go back to the wizard and just live with mercs being poo poo?

saintonan fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 4, 2014

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
At this point, with mercs and what not, I'm almost tempted to say that if you don't have a Bard by your third box, then bard is the way to go.

The utility you get out of a Bard is incredible even if you're not really using them except for songs. Five or six songs at all times can make a world of difference. Now add in the fact that they're one of the best pulling classes with a reliable fade, not terribly hard to gear, have an epic 2.0 that never becomes useless, and once you get some experience with them, the kinds of tricks you can pull off are astounding. They have a bit of AA investment though to get some of their better abilities (Funeral Dirge, Spires, Instrument/Singing AAs, extended ingenuity, etc) and you'll need to get your 2.0 asap so that you get instrument boost (although as I understand it at some point you just don't need instrument mods anymore?), but fortunately the bard 2.0 is one of the easiest and 1.5 isn't too terrible (all the difficulty is frontloaded).

That said, you complained about the healer merc and you already have a druid available, so that might be a good way to go. I hope I'm not trying to be a pusher on the slippery slope, but even if you do run with a druid, maybe consider picking up a bard as a 4th acct and drop a merc.

At this point don't worry about the next box you're adding to be dps necessarily, with mercs and your current setup, you probably need to get either heals and/or utility. Druid heals are very strong and they have some trickery as well to them.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

If you want to kill nameds and box missions then any type of PC priest is better than 2 or 3 healer mercs combined. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny, but if you can kill most nameds in under 2 minutes having more utility/extra healing is great.

Another option is making a paladin with your beast and wizard.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Bards aren't terrible, but my third box has to be transportation by personal preference, so it really is druid or wizard. Teleport Bind is just that addictive. Also since I suck at maneuvering two melee chars simultaneously, the bard really can't replace the enchanter either (enchanter adps+nukes is more than afk songbot adps).

You're not wrong at all about bards being very useful, just not in my particular setup.

e; Paladin means I'd be replacing my enchanter, which loses a whole bunch of tools I've become dependent on (mezzes especially are a godsend for a cc-less class like beastlord, and enchanter haste is far better than beastlord haste). It also brings up managing two melee characters, which sadly I'm pretty awful at.

If at all possible, I'd like to use the druid if I can get dps up to at least reasonable levels. Right now I'm multibinding the two stun-nukes and remote sunfire, and raining when I don't have things mezzed, weaving in stormstrike when it pops. If there's a better way to squeeze dps out of the druid, I'd love to try it.

saintonan fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 4, 2014

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Jetz0r's a good person to ask about druiding since he's one of the best in the game, but really druids aren't a DPS class. Just learn to heal with the druid and replace your cleric mercs with wizard mercs. I never group with any druids, but even a relatively scrub shaman can solo heal pretty much everything and I think Druids get the exact same healing utilities. Your issue sooner or later isn't going to be heals or DPS, it's going to be trying to tank with a bst :3:

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Old time player, long time raider from FV, been gone since OoW endgame...

I miss the old raiding days of EQ, and am looking to get back into it. I haven't been satisfied with the raiding game of a few MMOs I've tried, and I really miss the raid style of old EQ. How similar is it these days to what it used to be? How difficult would it be to get a character into raiding shape and into a raiding guild? How needed are paladins these days?

Thanks in advance goons!

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Druids are cool because they get most of the shaman stuff but with better damage. If it was a choice and you felt sassy I'd take the druid. Less damage obviously but more 'oh poo poo' type stuff for bad rounds/unexpected turns. Most of the time my druid box would just storm strike/nature's ____ wrath/remote and keep the reptile buff on the tank. There's a lot of utility there but if you're half assing it I'd pick the wizard.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

saintonan posted:

Anyway, the druid heals okay, especially as kind of a hybrid safety net healer behind the merc and dps caster. Druids have several 'oh poo poo' fast heals that are beefy and pretty cool. Druid dps, though, is poo poo. Everything has very low base damage amounts and poor efficiency, and it seems like with napkin math that even with the same spell dps AAs, druid nuke damage is on par or maybe slightly worse than the enchanter. I don't expect wizard dps from the little poo poo, but I was counting on decent dps, especially if it doesn't have to heal much. Is this something that will correct itself with two more levels and another 4000 AAs, or should I cut my losses now and go back to the wizard and just live with mercs being poo poo?

I've gone over druid dps things in a few threads on eqlive
https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/druid-burns.210582/
https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/druid-sustained-dps.210836/
Daldaen's guide is great for general druid stuff, except it's two expansions out of date https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/druid-raiding-druid-guide.131/

Make an audio trigger for black and white wolf fading, that will let you know when you need to cast the next one. With the group bp focus, you have 2 ticks without wolf form during the 7 minute cycle, with a raid bp, you have 100% wolf uptime. You pretty much always want to use group black wolf, because it's a mini-IoG for nuke casters, except it has a 50% uptime, compared to IoG's 10%. Then follow up with self white/black to match what you're doing.

In group sustained, I can usually pull around 80-90% of a dps class with similar gear/skill/support, if I don't have to worry much about healing. And in group burns without full raid support, my ratio is about the same.

MrTheDevious posted:

Jetz0r's a good person to ask about druiding since he's one of the best in the game, but really druids aren't a DPS class. Just learn to heal with the druid and replace your cleric mercs with wizard mercs. I never group with any druids, but even a relatively scrub shaman can solo heal pretty much everything and I think Druids get the exact same healing utilities. Your issue sooner or later isn't going to be heals or DPS, it's going to be trying to tank with a bst :3:

Claiming bsts can't tank has lead to public apologies on eqlive after stubar testcopies to prove you wrong.
But if you stick to easy stuff like cotf t1, you can tank almost anything with anyone if you have a clr merc and some backup heals.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Yeah I'm not quite sure why you'd say BSTs can't tank, I mean it's no actual tank but BSTs have a ton of stuff to hit to mitigate damage and a decent amount are on short rear end cooldowns. If you stagger them properly you can mitigate a lot of damage over a period of time.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Thanks for all the information about the classes for raiding. Going to finish my shaman up and go with that.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

jetz0r posted:

Make an audio trigger for black and white wolf fading, that will let you know when you need to cast the next one. With the group bp focus, you have 2 ticks without wolf form during the 7 minute cycle, with a raid bp, you have 100% wolf uptime. You pretty much always want to use group black wolf, because it's a mini-IoG for nuke casters, except it has a 50% uptime, compared to IoG's 10%. Then follow up with self white/black to match what you're doing.

Thanks for this, I didn't realize wolf forms lasted so long. I had seen your stuff on SOE's forums, but it seemed to be focused on raid burns or, as you say, out of date. I'll play around with this some more now that I have a general direction.

As far as tanking goes, I'm no Stubar, but EM20 warders are pretty amazing tanks in their own right for the few things I can't tank directly myself.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

saintonan posted:

Thanks for this, I didn't realize wolf forms lasted so long. I had seen your stuff on SOE's forums, but it seemed to be focused on raid burns or, as you say, out of date. I'll play around with this some more now that I have a general direction.

With full support AAs, group black wolf is like casting a 3.5min glyph of the cataclysm (for nukes) on the group every 7 minutes. It's the druid+caster version of shm epic + melees.

The main difference between raid burns and group dps is disc commitment and fight duration. Dumping all your discs on 3 mobs that will live for 18s isn't nearly as good on sustained as spreading your discs out and comboing a couple. And a 90s dot is only useful on some group named.

The main multibind of NWW and nukes is going to be close, except I do use Remote in my group spell set.

Druid also have a lot of dmg spells that I didn't mention in either my posts. They're bad, don't use them, except when you need to for resist related reasons. The split nuke is a major offender here, it seems like it should be good. But for stupid reasons, it doesn't work with most things that modify nukes.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

This thread has turned weird, serious raid discussion and poo poo!

Needs more "hey guys I haven't played in 14 years how does this work" and discussion about legit grinding. :sax:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Pilsner posted:

This thread has turned weird, serious raid discussion and poo poo!

Needs more "hey guys I haven't played in 14 years how does this work" and discussion about legit grinding. :sax:

Hey I'm always tempted to come back and play for a bit - I follow this thread for discussions just like this so I can go "Nope, too complex for me!" :D

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So I started a character on FV, my old stomping ground. Any goons present? Is The raiding situation still weird?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

There's a couple passerby goons on fv I think. Raiding is still active there, but from what I gather, it's pretty weird.

So HoF2 raid is crazy. I think we have a strat for it, just about getting kills faster and which to kill first, which to melee, etc, and we can beat it. It seems like one of those events where a core number of players need to perform certain tasks, which our core raiders are pretty good at.

I "died" 3 times in wk1 within 2 seconds. I popped fortitude, got headshot and went purple club. Got a small heal and headshot twice in a row, popping do and died :(

darkhand fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 6, 2014

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Is there any other currency I need to be farming besides the currency from HA's while I level up to 100?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

So new AAs and spells are up on the beta server.

AAs are kinda disappointing in how few of them there are, it's mostly utility, not power.

Spells are disappointing because Aristo made them. Grats to the 3 classes that got spells worth casting.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

jetz0r posted:

AAs are kinda disappointing in how few of them there are, it's mostly utility, not power.

Spells are disappointing because Aristo made them. Grats to the 3 classes that got spells worth casting.

Are they seriously giving out AA's for foraging at this stage of EQ's life? If so, is there some reason for it?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

This is the first time I've read a beta forum for AA/spells. Is it normal for people to wax poetic and write one... big... paragraph... with... ellipses... about how their poor class is neglected, or request for absolutely ridiculous AAs, both of which will just piss Elidroth off?

Here are two in the paladin AA thread, which make me embarrassed to be the same class as them:

quote:

Fandiien New Member

Elidroth,

I know it is late... but how about an addition 3 to 4 spell gem slots.. They are desperately needed. As to rezzes for Paladins.. why are do you all keep trying to change us into a battle cleric.. That is not what the class was designed for. The nerf on Splash was very significant, perhaps a tweek to increasing it a bit. Increase Armor lines somewhat would be helpful through AA purchase.. Decrease Blessing of Purification timer.. to something more realistic. Decrease timer on Purefore Disc. Increase damage base on Inquisitor's Judgement line. Please throw us some bones.. Pallys have been ignored for way way too long. It seems we are being nerfed out of existance. Look at the increases in Shadowknights compared to Paladins.. why..

quote:

Shadowtrent New Member

Of all the classes that should have had a pet to offset the lack of damage output it would be the paladin. Most tales of paladins note that they traveled with a devoted squire, Everquest should be no exception. The line up of spells the paladin is offered are and have been basic cleric leftovers with a slight usefulness. For example, the spell Blind is about useless. Casting blindness on a mob and it will know where your at all times. It should disorient the mob causing the mob to strike it's intended target less, however the spell has shown to be having no effect at all. Paladin's could also make use in the conjuration skill if a Squire was summoned to fight along with him, and paladin's do not get any direct damage spells (other than ward undead lineup) or damage over time until level 50+. So, I personally see a true need for a paladin to have a beneficial squire (caster/melee) to his/her side.

Posts like those makes me think that there are players out there who know less about Everquest than Smedley or Dave Georgeson, who know nothing.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Just what the game needs: More awful swarm/temporary pets.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

This is the first time I've read a beta forum for AA/spells. Is it normal for people to wax poetic and write one... big... paragraph... with... ellipses... about how their poor class is neglected, or request for absolutely ridiculous AAs, both of which will just piss Elidroth off?
Yes.

Stanos posted:

Just what the game needs: More awful swarm/temporary pets.

In the RoF AA chats, someone actually asked for SK swarm pets that proc'd another swarm pet that proc'd a rune on you.

Casuals loving love swarm pets and abilities with built in illusions. Trying to moderate the druid chat was about culling the I WANT TO SUMMON KITTIES and I WANT TO TURN INTO A SHARK AND BREATHE WATER poo poo away long enough for them to get bored and leave, while asking for things that would actually be useful.

quote:

1. How about updating the level 62 spell: Karana's Rage. You took that spell line away because everyone cried that those druids can quad kite, now just about all the casters can but the druids

Guy is asking for quadding spells cause we can't do AE dmg. I easily get top 3 in our sustained AE parse every week using my quadding spell set. :psyduck:

thewhitehand
Sep 11, 2008
Do any of yall have any T1 VOA group armor on test or can copy over? Going to hit 90 soon on my zerker, would appreciate it :)

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Node posted:

Here are two in the paladin AA thread, which make me embarrassed to be the same class as them:

Posts like those makes me think that there are players out there who know less about Everquest than Smedley or Dave Georgeson, who know nothing.

What the hell is up with like 50% of all paladins in the game named something that starts with "Fa..."?

Warriors get some OK stuff, most of it is highly situational ,much like literally everything else we have. More garbage on 10m timers with 2minute duration. Which would be fine, but ALL of our other poo poo is like this too, it's insanity. AOE taunt cooldown is 5minutes, stormwheel blades is like 3 minutes. Now we have MORE aggro poo poo and bars full of stuff that goes unclicked the majority of our gameplay.

DPS boost gonna be cool though :dance:

darkhand fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 7, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

What the hell is up with like 50% of all paladins in the game named something that starts with "Fa..."?

This joke is a low hanging fruit begging to be plucked.

The people in the serverwide paladin chat are actually on the whole very good and know the game and their class, so these people on the forums are just random new accounts making GBS threads on the beta forums asking Elidroth to reshape the fundamentals of the class in their image. Which isn't Elidroth's job, and doesn't belong in beta aa/spell forums anyway. Not to mention a comprehensive overhaul to class balance is unfeasible at this stage in Everquest's life. Elidroth hates his job and doesn't have a passion for Everquest (I'm not exaggerating here, people in the CRT can see this plainly) so posting stuff like that just makes things worse.

Node fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 7, 2014

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

MrTheDevious posted:

Yeah logging in now and sending what I have your way. Test has been super lovely the last week. I'm an officer now, so I can raid our bank myself :v:

Not sure on Spite since I'd already gimp looted EM17 on my necro by CotF release, but even getting him to 50 with a single 99 necro and turdboxes is a pretty legit feat to me. I'm an awful necro and only play it as a third box when I'm loving around, so I don't have a whole lot of advice, but make sure you have a second buffed/geared pet in your pocket for bad times, then mash that AA that makes you invulnerable when pet 1 dies and drag out second pet for round 2.

Do you have CoA robe? If not, that's a MASSIVE amount of lost necro DPS. Robe + 2nd pet if you weren't using those two tricks would've gotten you way closer than 50%, but even then, I'd really just be proud of getting a 4th Gate named to 50% with a single solo level 99 necro. You can always join LoB and pick up EM17! We have no real necro force at all, though our one decent necro is a pretty awesome guy. Alternately, I'm trying to log in on off nights now, so if I'm on, I can come gently caress him for you.

@What do I raid with - play what you enjoy so you don't quit raiding. Goons in LoB have a history of being awesome at whatever they play and LoB is gearing people fast as gently caress right now, so just do whatever you'll have fun with. You'll be geared really solidly in a month regardless of class. Goons and/or friends of goons basically run the guild now, so you can play whatever you want. Tank recruitment is closed at the moment (loving FINALLY) while we make the 8 billion we have either useful or street urchins, but everything else is more than welcome

I may take you up on the guild invite if no one cares that it's kind of difficult for me to commit to a raid due to strange time constraints that I currently have. I can certainly join in occasionally as time allows, but beyond that I'd mostly be goofing around in guildchat.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I dunno what the current standards are for the guild honestly, been really sick this week :( The last I remember it being was attending at least one raid every 2 weeks, raids being Sun/Tues/Thurs at 6CST. If you can swing that, by all means come join for sure. We have a shitload more activity at any given time than the rest of the server combined as far as people doing stuff outside of raid times, plus guild chat itself is pretty active and fun.

Also means you can join me and darkhand bitching in goon serverwide on raid nights :v: Bitching really is the most fun thing left in EQ, otherwise we'd probably have moved to a Live server by now. We're both officers and have everyone else in our pocket, so pretty much as long as you can hit one raid every couple weeks we can jump you in on any class except knights and maybe warriors, not sure if wars are closed yet or not.

Edit - just checked out the SK beta changes, we didn't fare too badly. Ignored on our #1 request for reduced cast times on our spell AE hates AND our #2 request for increased hate on terrors that've stagnated, but overall compared to everyone else we did okay. Third AE hate AA is money.

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 8, 2014

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Jetz0r, does Covenant of Spirit stack with AA Preincarnation, or does keeping AA Preincarnation up matter once you get the passive version?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

From Dec 2013

jetz0r posted:

No, there was an actual problem with the preicarnation lines.

Preicarnation: 60%
innate rk 1: 20%
innate rk2: 10-15%

So everyone knew that much, what most people didn't know was the last little bit.
Tribute: 5-10%

100% totd procs against any non-dot damage.

So gently caress yes you run the AA buff once you get the innate, and you also try to run the tribute when not dying is important. Some numbers got lowered after that post, and you have to recast Preincarnation after each "death" now. But it's still really good, and I still run second chance in tribute during raids.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Is not there a command or *.ini setting that makes you compress (or something like that) your zone files? If I am remembering correctly it made the first time longer to zone but after that first zone-in all subsequent zoning faster. I am playing on a 2011 era computer with horrible satellite internet, so any speed up would be wonderful.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

DerekSmartymans posted:

Is not there a command or *.ini setting that makes you compress (or something like that) your zone files? If I am remembering correctly it made the first time longer to zone but after that first zone-in all subsequent zoning faster. I am playing on a 2011 era computer with horrible satellite internet, so any speed up would be wonderful.
Never heard of that, but there's a trick for zoning faster. Quoting myself:

quote:

A trick exists to vastly speed up the time it takes to change zones, and it works by loading only the textures necessary to see what you look at right as you enter the zone. The tradeoff is that when you turn around or explore new areas that use previously "unseen" textures from within the zone, they will be colorless/grey for a split-second until the texture loads, and your framerate will suffer for a very short moment. This is also called lazy-loading. The tradeoff is well worth it, and makes playing the game a lot more enjoyable.

Go to Options, click the Display tab, and click the Advanced button. In the bottom left of the Advanced Options window that appears, choose "Least memory usage".
I ended up getting annoyed with the framerate fuckups it causes when you have to load the textures though, so on my 4-box crew I have it on Balanced memory usage on my main, and Least on my 3 boxes. This also ensures that my main box is "slowest" to load, which is kinda nice because I know that when my main has loaded, it's guaranteed that my boxes are also inside the zone.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Pilsner posted:

Never heard of that, but there's a trick for zoning faster. Quoting myself:

Thanks. I knew it was something like this. On my EQ computer it takes forever to load. I will try this out when I get home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
So while I have little to do I like to work on Hunter's for House of Thule. I didn't play when this expansion was current so I don't know much about it. Particularly navigating Sanctum Somnium. There is a named up on track, The Dream Collector, that is described on Alla as "spawning in the basement." I can track it to the haunted house area, but I can't find any way down. There's a hallway with an invisible wall that says it is endless and I can't proceed.

Does anyone know how to get to this place I'm talking about?