Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Some guy wrote a guide to increase FPS. Might help people here.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/67108-how-i-improved-my-fps-intelamd/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tomed2000 posted:

Using an external program to automate this process would be illegal under the ToS so I made an addon with carbine's own API that does it for you. It's even faster than AHK/AutoIt bot could ever be!
I'm guessing there's still a grid or circuit board involved then? For anything that doesn't have the extra interactive bit you can use this: http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220424-hephaestus

Eventually he plans to make it able to do the basic grid ones though (not trying to hit any targets, I assume).

Lizard Wizard posted:

Has the game been crash-happy for anyone else lately? The engine loads up when I log my character in, but then, invariably:
Plenty of people. There never seems to be any response on the scores of bug report threads about Application Error 6714 either. Judging by the problem I've had and the problems others have had it could be just about any reason to crash that gives that error. Open a support ticket but you're gonna have to babysit it once a day for quite a while to even get past the "give me a Hijack This log" "give me your system specs with this" etc. and they never did actually read the crash log I sent them. You can find those in an Errors folder in your install path by the way (eg. Program Files\NCSOFT\WildStar\Errors). Mine turned out to be some sort of problem with the built in MarketplaceListings addon where literally anyone filling my orders while that module is loaded would get me a "Function: OnCommodityAuctionUpdated" error. I never even found anyone else even posting about that error until I checked just now.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Scientists also get access to Datacrons no one else can get to. Lore lore and more lore.
Scientists also get more stuff in the left tab of the lore panel that nobody pays attention to. Various descriptions of creatures and so on end up with comments written by scanbot itself about how it's totally not going to hover around you patiently and murder you in your sleep. Really I can't normally stomach all the lore in something like Elder Scrolls but here in Wildstar it's where like half the jokes are. Since it's a Teen game you'll find a lot of the adult references are hidden in places like that, as well as achievement names ("It Gets the Hose Again" is my favorite so far).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If you're having issues with hitting 50 after getting 49 because you ran out of quests or want quicker quests to do. Check out the dailys at 49. Towellee (famous twitch sperg) said he did 49-50 in 30 minutes with five other people doing the daily hub.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

So, the offsite forum is still down, right?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

After playing literally day yesterday and this morning, I logged off 2 hours ago saying "That's it, I need to take a break"... Already loading up the game again :sigh: WS too fun. I haven't been this addicted to a game since Rift launched.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
double post

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Updated!

Chua-man!

Fooma fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 8, 2014

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does Malgrave only have a handful of Dominion quest hubs? I have every quest achievement completed but there's a lot of the map with nothing in it.

I'm 46 heading into Grimvault, and looking at a list of quests in the zone I'm concerned they aren't going to be enough to hit 50. I've done every single possible quest save glitched ones up to this point.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can anyone give me some optimization advice? Everything hovers around 20-30 fps which is playable, but I want to see if I can make things better. I have:

Intel Core i7 920 (2.67 Ghz)
9 GB of RAM
Geforce GTX 560 Ti

I am pretty sure the CPU is the bottleneck at this point.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

AMD only. NVidia does not have the underutilisation problem atm.

RikkiTikkiTavi
Aug 24, 2008

I'm thinking of getting wildstar, but I'm wondering if my computer will work with it.
Currently I have:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz
4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333
AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB PCI Express Graphics

I was thinking I'd probably need more RAM, but I'm not sure about everything else.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

Can anyone give me some optimization advice? Everything hovers around 20-30 fps which is playable, but I want to see if I can make things better. I have:

9 GB of RAM
Geforce GTX 560 Ti

Games gonna run like poo poo in certain areas, even if you upgrade. I'd say sit tight and wait and see if they fix it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

fadam posted:

I'm 46 heading into Grimvault, and looking at a list of quests in the zone I'm concerned they aren't going to be enough to hit 50. I've done every single possible quest save glitched ones up to this point.
Yep, you would not be the first person to get marooned at 48 from what I'm reading. Enjoy your future battleground/adventure/dungeon queues!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Yep, you would not be the first person to get marooned at 48 from what I'm reading. Enjoy your future battleground/adventure/dungeon queues!

That's really disappointing to hear. While I have run out of quests for a level a few times, I have to say this is one of the most well-paced MMO's I've tried in a long time. I'm 3/4 through 41 right now and all 2 of my quests in Malgrave are 42, so I'm hitting the BG's first... Speaking of which, where do you spend Prestige?

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I like how those pack kurgs/not-kodos don't actually have a walking animation. They just slide around on rails with legs stationary while their pack on top wobbles like crazy to simulate an actual walking effort to a third person observer if you're being given a quest related kurg ride. :allears:

Having the player trapped on a non-interactive rail section doesn't mean they might move the camera and notice this, right? :effort:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
As an EU player, is there a decent sized EU group playing this?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kresher posted:

So, the offsite forum is still down, right?

I dont control that anymore. You need to ask wtfMoses, since they ripped the entire site out without even bothering to change stuff first. :/

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Wait, do you lose gold in PVP? I went in with 2P69G and came out with 2.35.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

None of the stuff in the deluxe edition of the game is especially valuable, right?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

CrashCat posted:

fadam posted:

Does Malgrave only have a handful of Dominion quest hubs? I have every quest achievement completed but there's a lot of the map with nothing in it.

Hope this helps VV

Holyshoot posted:

If you're having issues with hitting 50 after getting 49 because you ran out of quests or want quicker quests to do. Check out the dailys at 49. Towellee (famous twitch sperg) said he did 49-50 in 30 minutes with five other people doing the daily hub.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
How's the world PvP on PvP servers? I can't decide if I want to play on a PvE or PvP server, but I do know I want to engage in at least some PvP...

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Can I get the assassin amp for stalker through PVP or will I need to grind out the reputation for it.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
DNS for the site is still resolving to the new address. Please dump your cache and cookies if you continue to experience problems.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
FYI, I just posted 3 EU codes to the pass exchange thread.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Hey addon lords, is there(or possible to make) an addon that notifies and points to any nearby discoveries?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Ciaphas posted:

None of the stuff in the deluxe edition of the game is especially valuable, right?

The dye is awesome.

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

Unlucky7 posted:

9 GB of RAM
Geforce GTX 560 Ti

May be an obvious question, but did you upgrade your drivers? Nvidia released updated Wildstar support in some recent drivers.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Does there happen to be a Dominion PvE guild going? Really not into Exile or into corpse camping that goes with PvP servers.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

ModeSix posted:

Does there happen to be a Dominion PvE guild going? Really not into Exile or into corpse camping that goes with PvP servers.

corpse camping literally cannot happen in this game

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Doublestep posted:

corpse camping literally cannot happen in this game

Yeah I realized that after I posted it, I played in some of the beta weekends. However I am not really interested in a forced PvP environment.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I dislike world pvp but I play with the goons on Warbringer. I noticed after Whitevale, there are less groups of exiles running around ganking people. I find most people will leave you alone if you leave them alone even sharing quest mobs and trying not to hit each other with telegraphs. If you see more than one exile then you should start feeling wary because they will suddenly get a surge of confidence and attack you. I'm level 37 and so far I've died less than 5 times to other players, and been attacked less than 10 times. Its really not that bad it sort of distracts you from the monotony of questing and you get this rush after beating that dumb exile that tried to poke you while you were busy with a mob. I may be ahead of the curve though so it might be worse at the lower levels.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
The one time I've been attacked while questing, it was a Medic who tried to disengage after she realized she didn't have a heal slotted and I just started owning her.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I've been attacked twice, both times by stalkers. The first time was when I was fighting a pack of mobs and a friendly pubbie medic came over and helped me out. :3:
The other time was some stalker who kept trying to kill people around the squirg zombie area in Whitefall and just ran away if a fight wasn't going his way. He stopped trying that after I put my bruiser bot away for the diminisher bot and snared him before he could run.

All the other times, I've been passed by even when there were multiple exiles around and I wouldn't have been able to run, much less fight.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Is there an alt guild on Warbringer or can you have more than one character in Goon Squad?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mormon Star Wars posted:

The dye is awesome.

Are dyes not consumed when used, then?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Ciaphas posted:

It's like Guild Wars 2 where it's added to your pool of usable dyes. It costs money to apply them though.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Ciaphas posted:

Eating a dye gives you the ability to use it whenever you want at the costume NPCs. It's also account wide, you can claim the dye on every character you make.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Oddity posted:

May be an obvious question, but did you upgrade your drivers? Nvidia released updated Wildstar support in some recent drivers.

I think I have the latest, though l will check again for sure.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Any guides for Stalker tank that are good? Trying to tank some of the dungeons and pretty lost in terms of what should work for ability set up and such. Also I keep dying :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Say nothing, stealth past mobs, get mad when more visible party members get stuck fighting something while the invisible tank ran ahead. Although that advice might apply more to adventures.

• Locked thread