Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Hypocrisy posted:

Apparently he's had to go to the hospital. Like, Smug joked about stealing Sanford's food money but apparently Sanford is actually malnourished now.

Is it okay to laugh at this? I legitimately can't decide if this is really sad or really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I thought they were just making jokes because of team PIE. He didn't beat them, so didn't get to eat pie...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I was just talking to PIE, they're in CT right now.

I asked Smug how it felt to take Sanford's lunch money. He looked at me, said "I bought new shoes, new earrings, and my necklace. Sanford is not taking top 3 again."

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I asked Smug how it felt to take Sanford's lunch money. He looked at me, said "I bought new shoes, new earrings, and my necklace. Sanford is not taking top 3 again."

To be fair, it's easy to beat a man with low blood sugar.

Eagerly awaiting the Sanford/Smug match where Smug just lazily eats a Snickers while at character select.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Iron Fist/Ryu/Akuma just perfected a Zero May Cry team...:psyduck:

Edit: \/\/\/ - Yeah...:(

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 7, 2014

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

TaurusOxford posted:

Iron Fist/Ryu/Akuma just perfected a Zero May Cry team...:psyduck:

In the end Diablo won though.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Are there generally rules for pick order in tournaments? Like if a player wants to counterpick or avoid a particular matchup how is it handled?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

BigLeafyTree posted:

Are there generally rules for pick order in tournaments? Like if a player wants to counterpick or avoid a particular matchup how is it handled?

you tell a tournament official and then you whisper your pick to them, the other guy picks first, then you pick your thing and the to confirms it.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I think most tournaments allow for counterpicking by the loser after the first match, and the winner is not allowed to change anything they picked (character, assists/ultras). Most of the time if you're familiar with your opponent in advance, you could bring out a counterpick first and then go back to your main if that doesn't work out. Just yesterday at the Rusty Parry tournament on Leveluplive, a match had to be replayed because the winner changed characters.

Some tournaments have you register a particular character or team in advance that you can't switch from, but that's pretty rare from what I've seen on streams.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
In SF4, you're allowed to switch Ultras if you win, but that's it. Smash has a really weird (and kinda cool I guess?) system where you can switch characters but give up stage veto choices etc but stage counter-picks are like an entirely different game. King of Fighters might let you switch order if you win, I think. That's it, though-- the rest of the time, if you win a fight of a set you have to pick the same poo poo for the next fight in that set.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Watching FChamp Yoga Tower all of PRBalrog's Turn Punches and then throwing him was pretty awesome.

...is this year the year that Dhalsim wins everything?

The edition select tournament was hilarious. Watching Sagat kill Seth in like a total of 6 hits was glorious.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 8, 2014

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Hypocrisy posted:

Watching FChamp Yoga Tower all of PRBalrog's Turn Punches and then throwing him was pretty awesome.

It's the year Dhalsim wins at least one thing :toot:

Storm-
Jan 7, 2007

You win some, you lose some... then you lose some more.

So who won that? Brackets go all the way up to Rico vs Zeus in loser finals with Smug waiting on them in winners. I was hunting for a stream but nobody could tell me. The New Challengers twitch channel has nothing in their archives.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Hypocrisy posted:

The edition select tournament was hilarious. Watching Sagat kill Seth in like a total of 6 hits was glorious.

What stream was that on?

e: vvv thank ya!

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 8, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Storm- posted:

So who won that? Brackets go all the way up to Rico vs Zeus in loser finals with Smug waiting on them in winners. I was hunting for a stream but nobody could tell me. The New Challengers twitch channel has nothing in their archives.

Yeah, it was a new venue with a poo poo connection, so no stream. Smug won finals against Rico. They recorded it though, and will put the video up at a later date.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

teh_Broseph posted:

What stream was that on?

Alpha Clash on IPLAYWINNER. I can't give you a time stamp though.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Spring Fighter day 2 schedule (Eastern time)
12PM – Top 8 for BlazBlue, Project M 1v1 Begins
1PM – Melee 1v1 begins
2PM – Top 8 for UMVC3
6PM – A Conversation with Seth Killian and Alex Valle
8PM – Top 8 for USF4

https://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby
https://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

teh_Broseph posted:

What stream was that on?
It was on IPW last night https://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Yeah, it was a new venue with a poo poo connection, so no stream. Smug won finals against Rico. They recorded it though, and will put the video up at a later date.

Can I get list of people who entered DOA, just wanna see if anybody I know entered.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Top 8 for UMVC3 is getting started now.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Smug, Zeus, Rico, and Arturo are pretty much the class of NYC when it comes to Street Fighter, and that's okay.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

Can I get list of people who entered DOA, just wanna see if anybody I know entered.

CHARBOKALYPSE, TKF BrothaBlacks, FREEJ4Y, Gill Hustle, FC Blackburry, TSC Mike Mason, and myself are all I see on the brackets right now. There were a few who registered day-of, and weren't on the brackets, and they had another TO run it himself, so it wasn't logged.

It was a really fun time, especially being able to meet Team PIE, Dieminion and his brother, and Rico Suave- they were all cool guys who just wanted to laugh about Sanford. (They also came up since this was for money, and Spring Fighter in NYC was just for prizes) This was the first time this group had a tournament since they lost their last venue, but they already planned for another tournament on August 2nd, just with about 3x the space at the same venue.

The biggest issue was the Smash Bros players, honestly. Not that they were acting like fools or anything, but just that there were so many of them, and they all brought CRT setups for project M which just took up so much space. Plus, those players will travel to play, unlike a lot of Capcom players. It was pretty nuts.

A.o.D. posted:

Smug, Zeus, Rico, and Arturo are pretty much the class of NYC when it comes to Street Fighter, and that's okay.

After meeting Smug, Zeus and Rico I'd say I agree with this 100%. They were really cool to talk to and watch play.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I'll actually be at home for all of Evo weekend this year, so I was considering paying for the HD stream. Was it worth last year? Did it function fine and was the a/v quality increase considerable?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

http://www.twitch.tv/newchallengers USFIV Top 8 recording is being streamed now

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

This didn't load for me until I added /popout to the url

http://www.twitch.tv/newchallengers/popout

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Seth Killian, the Mike Ross of his day.

Holy crap Lucky D vs. Dieminion.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 9, 2014

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
New Quesadilla Bomb = :stare:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
So Q-bomb is punishable, people just haven't figured out how, right?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That was so fukken clowny

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

mango sentinel posted:

So Q-bomb is punishable, people just haven't figured out how, right?

If that last match is anything to go by then the answer is another Q-Bomb.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

nftyw posted:

If that last match is anything to go by then the answer is another Q-Bomb.

To defeat Fuerte, you must become Fuerte.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

madmac posted:

To defeat Fuerte, you must become Fuerte.
Fuerte mirrors are probably the most fun mirrors to watch, so I'm good with this. (It's the Anti-Honda Mirror.)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mango sentinel posted:

Fuerte mirrors are probably the most fun mirrors to watch, so I'm good with this. (It's the Anti-Honda Mirror.)

i was laughing for like 5 straight minutesr or whatever

i dont ever wanna fight that character but hes pretty bonkers to watch

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
:lol: "summer camp girlfriend confidence boost"

Incredible, Seth

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Everything about that move is really dumb. Skisonic is blinded by character love. A 50/50 Mixup isn't a read.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 9, 2014

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
All versions of Bomb are -17 on block but he bounces far enough back (well outside of Ryu sweep range or even Abel sweep range) that you won't get a big punish meterless. With meter sometimes you can get something, it's character dependent. 200 damage/300 stun raw, if he counter-hits and wallbounces you going into the corner he gets 442/600 for no extra bars by adding cl.HK xx HK upkicks or 474/685 with EX upkicks. He gets the same damage midscreen on CH FADC forward. EX Bomb FADC forward is also safe from 3f reversals on block!

Mio Bison fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 9, 2014

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Mio Bison posted:

Nuclear Bomb info

It's like Ono decided that the Yun/Yang Hypothesis worked best with a different character.

But seriously, does it armour break?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I think it is safe to say that we've had enough time to evaluate Ultra. Fuerte and Dhalsim are the characters to beat.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Trollhawke posted:

It's like Ono decided that the Yun/Yang Hypothesis worked best with a different character.

But seriously, does it armour break?

Naturally it does, and armor break is a counter-hit :angel:

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Mio Bison posted:

Naturally it does, and armor break is a counter-hit :angel:

Well poo poo, there goes my hypotheses for countering the move.

When I get my copy i'll experiment, but I'll expect people posting anti bomb vids 0-3 days from now, as it looks like THE move to beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
gently caress Fuerte. He's the most unfun and annoying character to play against and now this. Even better (worse), tons more people will be playing him now and spamming Q Bomb. Wonderful.