Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hollismason posted:

Not only does it not have the new rules there are no plans currently to offer them in the set so it's kind of pointless to take now.

Not entirely sure this is accurate.

Edit: Top of page so here is a GUO I am working on currently....

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gross.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Can Chaos Marine ICs attach to Daemons now in 7th?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Thundercracker posted:

Normally yes, thanks to Battle Brothers. However the Daemonic Instability rule doesn't allow IC's to join a daemon unit unless they also have that rule. I guess you could argue that Daemon ICs can join CSM units, but not the other way around.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Almost finished painting my new Land Raider Crusader (just a couple minor bits that need to be touched up, but otherwise it's done). I hate the poo poo out of the metal bits on this model.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 7, 2014

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

What's the base model on that Great Unclean One?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Greyish Orange posted:

Some nice ideas here which I'm going to really think on about how to take it forward. Also it's really good to know about the psychic bits, as it's quite new to me to be thinking of it.

I have another question though and it's probably what I'll build into a 2K force, I've got a 1K little tournament that I can go to that requires you to use the Allied Detachment chart and nothing else, was thinking of running the list below. Although it does lack bodies it fits within the 1HQ, 2Troop, 1FA/HS/EL rules and it also gives a nice building point for the future I guess.

I'm not looking to be super competitive, more just getting models that I will use in the future at this point. Does it look like it would be at least fun to run?

code:
HQ
 Inquisitor Coteaz

Troops

Henchmen - 1 Psyker - 2 Acolytes
	- Razorback
	- Psybolt Ammo
 Henchmen - 1 Psyker - 2 Acolytes
	- Razorback
	- Psybolt Ammo

Elite
 Paladin Squad - 6 Models
	2 Psycannons

Fast Attack
 Storm Raven Gunship

Heavy Support
 Nemesis Dreadknight
	- Heavy Incinerator
	- Nemesis Greatsword

That seems like a perfectly reasonable Greyknight 1000 point army using only the Allied chart.

Do they allow you to take fortifications , if so Aegis with a Quad gun may be a consideration.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's rad so far!

Those side sponsons always look so ridiculous to me. WE NEED MORE BOLTERS.

Pretty Orkish of Astartes.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

Almost finished painting my new Land Raider Crusader (just a couple minor bits that need to be touched up, but otherwise it's done). I hate the poo poo out of the metal bits on this model.

Good job on the white. I wouldn't even try to do that. My whites look like I paint with a trowel.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

SRM FAN SERVICE

SRM FAN SERVICE

:vomarine: :orks:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh the Multimelta on my redeemer broke off and even thought I can glue is easily, it breaks off every time i transport it.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Ugh the Multimelta on my redeemer broke off and even thought I can glue is easily, it breaks off every time i transport it.

Is the hatch it's attached to glued into its socket? I tend to leave that not glued for ease of transport (also, easier to mark a destroyed weapon when you can just pluck it off)

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Post 9-11 User posted:

SRM FAN SERVICE

SRM FAN SERVICE

hahaha, look man I been painting red guns and yellow melta barrels since 2nd edition; I'm not about to change that poo poo now!

Drake_263 posted:

Is the hatch it's attached to glued into its socket? I tend to leave that not glued for ease of transport (also, easier to mark a destroyed weapon when you can just pluck it off)

Yeah I didn't glue in my multimelta to make it easier to just detach and transport.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

This thing rules. I really like that you've gone with some throwaway color scheme and made it work.

twistedmentat posted:

I actually cut a hole in the foam layer above the one my land raider is in so the multi-melta wouldn't be damaged in transit. But I have the old hybrid kit and that thing pops off with the slightest provocation. The bolters too.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

I have a million Black Reach dreads, so I use those MM arms as a little turret instead of sir-breaks-alot there.

If you do the shoulder mount it even rotates

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

Thundercracker posted:

No, Daemonic Instability completely blocks CSM and Daemon ICs from joining each other's units. Daemons can get in CSM Rhinos and Landraiders now though which is kinda cool but not really game breaking.

xtothez posted:

Normally yes, thanks to Battle Brothers. However the Daemonic Instability rule doesn't allow IC's to join a daemon unit unless they also have that rule. I guess you could argue that Daemon ICs can join CSM units, but not the other way around.

It's not even arguable. You can't.

Daemonic Instability: Cannot join (or be joined by) models without this special rule; automatically pass Fear, Pinning and Morale tests. (p.104 CD codex)

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 7, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Drake_263 posted:

drat, I should have done that. Welp, next time I'll remember to do that.

After a good experience getting some Herocliques from Ebay, i went looking through the 40k offers and, uh are people aware that charging $10 less than then GW price for things, but haven't 10$+ shipping on things isn't really a deal? At least for people who live locally to a GW or LGS that sells gw stuff.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

twistedmentat posted:

After a good experience getting some Herocliques from Ebay, i went looking through the 40k offers and, uh are people aware that charging $10 less than then GW price for things, but haven't 10$+ shipping on things isn't really a deal? At least for people who live locally to a GW or LGS that sells gw stuff.

Just like "pro painted" stuff, they're either dumb themselves or banking on a dumb target market, and it's a tossup as to which.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

SRM FAN SERVICE

SRM FAN SERVICE

:allears:

That's a great looking Land Raider, Chirurgeon. I've loved seeing that force come together!

Had my first game of 7th today. Feels like 6th with wackier objectives. Not a bad thing. I actually had to make a few tough tactical decisious to make sure I was scoring points and such instead of charging off into hand to hand or what have you. I look forward to more.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Wait until you hit the people that promise international shipping to get a larger amount of people clicking on their product and then go *

*this product is not actually shipped internationally unless you want to pay lots extra

There's also a lot of people trying to sell either at or above MSRP for unpainted stuff that isn't in the box. 40k ebay is strange.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Also TwoFeetFromBread, if you find any Tyrannic War Veterans/Tyranid Hunters I want dibs. I've got a bad habit that needs enforcing.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

There's also a lot of people trying to sell either at or above MSRP for unpainted stuff that isn't in the box. 40k ebay is strange.
I've seen a still in production metal IG officer go for $30 when getting it new from GW was about a third that price. I think after so long people just want to win so bad they throw caution/care/thought to the wind.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

SRM posted:

I think after so long people just want to win so bad they throw caution/care/thought to the wind.

It's that and Australians that'll still be getting it cheaper if they pay a little over US MSRP+shipping.

I've paid $30 for a single IG trooper but at least he was that super rare crouching Steel Legion dude.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JerryLee posted:

Just like "pro painted" stuff, they're either dumb themselves or banking on a dumb target market, and it's a tossup as to which.

I was bidding for some Gargoyles, when I saw a "Brood" of five models go for £8.50 + £3 shipping. :smith:

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Greyish Orange posted:

Some nice ideas here which I'm going to really think on about how to take it forward. Also it's really good to know about the psychic bits, as it's quite new to me to be thinking of it.

I have another question though and it's probably what I'll build into a 2K force, I've got a 1K little tournament that I can go to that requires you to use the Allied Detachment chart and nothing else, was thinking of running the list below. Although it does lack bodies it fits within the 1HQ, 2Troop, 1FA/HS/EL rules and it also gives a nice building point for the future I guess.

I'm not looking to be super competitive, more just getting models that I will use in the future at this point. Does it look like it would be at least fun to run?

*deletia*

Hrm. I'm not sure how I feel about the list- a Stormraven in 1k points is very risky, especially if you were looking to put the Paladins inside, as that's leaving a HUGE chunk of your points off the table. If you would entertain an alternate option: trade one of the Henchmen units into some combination of Death Cult Assassins and Crusaders (plus a Psyker, of course) and run that inside the 'Raven. Cheap, hard-hitting, Objective Secured.

basically, without Draigo to Scout the Paladins forward or soak up AP2 wounds, I feel like they're gonna lose a lot of steam. They won't be useless or anything, but definitely gonna struggle some. There's some other little trims you could do to improve things, but for your stated goals I think it looks alright. (You might consider cramming Psybolt + Hurricane Bolters onto that Stormraven, though. They're super-badass.)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

JerryLee posted:

That's pretty much what I thought. One of the funny things about GW is that the stores have a really liberal return policy. As long as its still sealed and a current model in its current packaging, you can exchange it with no receipt.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Wait until you hit the people that promise international shipping to get a larger amount of people clicking on their product and then go *

*this product is not actually shipped internationally unless you want to pay lots extra

Saw those too :psyduck:.

One of the reasons I've been dragging my heels on trying to sell my nids is I have no idea what to charge for them, as they're all assembled, but only some of it is painted, some of it is the black reach guys, and there's a metal hive tyrant and ravenor.

By far the worst thing in my collection for breaking off are the weapons on the War Walkers. Everytime I take them somewhere at least one breaks, most of the time 2. I've even pinned them and they still pop off.

I heard that GK are coming back in a big way as allies currently, after becoming rare for a while. I can see that, and I'm totally grabbing an allied contingent when I have money again. Also blood angels because i found I have the codex and a box of death company.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 7, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Accuracy of scale: 10/10

Quality of sculpting: 6/10

(Artist decided to make the bolter gigantic, though, which is dumb and unfortunate, 9/10 on accuracy of scale?)

(Even has an ejector slot, wry?)
:goonsay:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Did you use superglue or plastic glue? If the latter you're poo poo outta luck, if the former plonk the whole thing into the freezer for a few hours - sub-zero temperatures make the moisture trapped in cyanoacrylate glue expand and turn it brittle. Won't need much elbow grease to take it off at that point.

Disclaimer: Of course the freezer treatment will make OTHER superglue joints just as brittle..

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Drake_263 posted:

Did you use superglue or plastic glue? If the latter you're poo poo outta luck, if the former plonk the whole thing into the freezer for a few hours - sub-zero temperatures make the moisture trapped in cyanoacrylate glue expand and turn it brittle. Won't need much elbow grease to take it off at that point.

Disclaimer: Of course the freezer treatment will make OTHER superglue joints just as brittle..

Yea, plastic glue, so its welded on there. It's an easy fix, it just annoying to have to do it over and over.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Post 9-11 User posted:

(Even has an ejector slot, wry?)
:goonsay:

Why wouldn't it?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I guess bolter shells being caseless or not is a useless argument we haven't had for a while.

Proceed.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Tbf putting a casing on a munition where it's completely useless, just for looks, is the sort of thing the imperium would totes do.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
When did "caseless" last appear in the fluff?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
There are a shitload of official GW bolter models with ejection ports and even shell casings so I guess it's settled. Of course you can always go with the standard explanation of there being many different patterns of everything the Imperium makes so there are both kinds.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Or it's there to eject dud rounds.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bolt Guns eject taint and fire righteous fury. End of discussion.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

AndyElusive posted:

Bolt Guns eject taint and fire righteous fury. End of discussion.

this guy gets it

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Jes Goodwin designed them with ejection ports. There's nothing else that needs to be said.

Also, apparently those two little squares near the triangle on the back end of the gun?

According to Jes' design notes in the White Dwarf that came with that Space Marine kit, those are supposed to be an ammo counter like the ones in Aliens:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Is the triangle a safety? Brother-captain Negligus is known for accidentally firing his weapon.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I would assume; there's a magazine release on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
This lists an ejection port (multi directional!) and the ammunition inside the clip appears to be cased.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 8, 2014

• Locked thread