Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Blaziken386 posted:

Seeing the revealed teams, assuming I only get one game, (I'll probably get both.) I'm probably gonna pick up Sapphire, because Archie the Pirate King looks super freaking cool.

Also, because no one has posted it yet, Stephen Stone redesign.

He's essentially the same, but with cool metal things for cuffs.

Was already picking Sapphire for the memories, though admittedly yes, the pirates seem like the overall more interesting design for now.

Steven just got even more awesome now though. Its a nice and simple tweak to his design - just opening the jacket and adding sleeve guards (if that's a thing), but drat if he doesn't make it look classy. Also he gets his own, thoughtful pose, I like it.

Edit: I just realised another potential angle to Maxie's redesign. In Emerald, once his plan to control Groudon has gone tits up, he tries stealing rocket fuel from the Mossdeep Space Center to try and make the volcano go boom anyway. Given that, plus the mad science that one would need to drain a volcano, the idea of Maxie in some way being a scientist is... not actually that far removed.

Astro Nut fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Purple D. Link posted:

Same, I absolutely love Team Aqua's redesign. This is assuming they'll do what R/S did and make one team good and the other bad.

The new Kyogre looks pretty cool too.

I feel it'll probably be more of a Emerald thing where you face both but your game's version are the ones who get to activate their super legendary form. Hence the imbalance.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I'd thought the best swift swimmer besides Kingdra was Omastar? Since shell smash puts it at +2 SpA +6 Spe factoring in swift swim.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
Maxie is a fuckin' nerd now

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Guys how have you not talked about Diancie's mega form. It's so pretty and sparkling :allears:

It's a funny coincidence that, soon after the new Sailor Moon anime is announced, we now get Pretty Guardian Mega Diancie.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Stalgren posted:

Maxie is a fuckin' nerd now

Says the guy who posts in a pokemon thread on the internet, everyone make fun of this dingus

only a true dweeb would do such a thing

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Any word on the new megas' stats? I'd love to see Mega Sceptile get some Attack so it can use its great physical movepool (at least its former signature move) well again.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Lol at everyone who said the biggest addition to Pokemon since IVs/EVs (Megas) wouldn't be in the Hoenn remakes.

Edit: Oh wow those megas look sick as hell.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

pandaK posted:

I for one welcome new best mega

Bara king Swampert is the best news
Well, that decides it. Getting a Swampert now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've always gone full Grass type supremacy but gently caress if Mega Swampert doesn't own.

I have all three Hoenn starters in Y anyway so it's not really a dilemma.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I'm loving Buff Swampert, and I'm warming up to Mega-Sceptile.

This is unironically fantastic.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Figures I would make a post for advice on a team just moments before updates on the new games dropped.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Is that kyogre doing ice stuff?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

chaos rhames posted:

Is that kyogre doing ice stuff?

I think it's water, though it looks like ice.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
MegaSceptile with Lightning Rod huh. Well Rotom-W had a good run.

Also seeing what's happened to Swampert and Aqua Admin Matt I wonder if anything else is gonna be ripped as gently caress. Here's hoping that Slateport beach became a muscle beach :allears:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Cerony posted:

Also seeing what's happened to Swampert and Aqua Admin Matt I wonder if anything else is gonna be ripped as gently caress. Here's hoping that Slateport beach became a muscle beach :allears:

Eh, Rotom'll just have to shack up with it's enemy Talonflame more. I'm glad Sceptile will finally find a use for all of those Dragon moves it gets.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I think it's water, though it looks like ice.

It could easily be both, really. Groudon has flames and rocks, so it would be thematic for Kyogre to have water and ice flowing.

Rudoku posted:

Eh, Rotom'll just have to shack up with it's enemy Talonflame more. I'm glad Sceptile will finally find a use for all of those Dragon moves it gets.

It also means that all three Hoenn starters have decent shot of beating each other in a battle.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

This is also floating around. If true, every fossil pokemon is getting a mega form. Or at least, that's the inference.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Cerony posted:

Watch literally every Pokémon get Glare added to their movepool.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

FPzero posted:

This is also floating around. If true, every fossil pokemon is getting a mega form. Or at least, that's the inference.
Oh my God, if that's true, Mega Archeops is going to be absurd.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

FPzero posted:

Every fossil gets a not-quite-Mega now?! Looks like they're going to be a lot more popular form here on in. Who know, even Aurorus might be usable.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Geostomp posted:

Every fossil gets a not-quite-Mega now?! Looks like they're going to be a lot more popular form here on in. Who know, even Aurorus might be usable.

As a casual player I really wanted to use Aurorus but couldn't see a use for him other than to get oneshot by everything. I'm glad its not just because i'm a baddie. (I'm still a baddie)

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Poison Mushroom posted:

They could just switch the ability to Honey Gather and I'd be happy.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Heliolisk will make a fantastic partner for MegaSceptile: Electrify, Ion Deluge, Discharge! Don't even need to worry about Ground immunity.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FPzero posted:

this is the wildest speculation

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

FPzero posted:

This is stretching it a bit. The REAL interesting thing is that Diancie is getting a Mega, opening the doors for Gen 6 (and 5?) Pokés to go Mega. Let's go Mega Victini :getin:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Honestly I'm torn between Sceptile and Swampert, Swampert looks amazing but Sceptile seems so out there typing and ability wise I want to use it.

Is anyone here even considering using Blaziken? I'd imagine more people would have if they didn't release his Mega Stone back with X/Y.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ruggington posted:

this is the wildest speculation

Yeah I don't see where anyone could get that idea. It'd be cool though.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Honestly I'm torn between Sceptile and Swampert, Swampert looks amazing but Sceptile seems so out there typing and ability wise I want to use it.

Is anyone here even considering using Blaziken? I'd imagine more people would have if they didn't release his Mega Stone back with X/Y.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that PokeBank doesn't save items at the time, so my Blazikenite has long been erased (yet another reason I want them to stop these annoying temporary promotions and just make real DLC). I'm still going for Mudkip as usual, but the chicken is an option for me.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Actually now that I look at it again the fossil pokemon look really jpeg artifact-y and I can see white outline remnants. The image is probably fake.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

FPzero posted:

How many floppy wangs will Cradily's Mega form gonna have?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.
Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile both seem so awesome; I don't know who to start with!

edit: I just realized, if Steven has a Mega Charizard X, how likely is Mega Metagross?

Immer fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 8, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Mega Armaldo would be a good Pokemon to give a Mega forme to, especially since it's a Gen 3 fossil. It would only be appropriate.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'm getting a hella Swamp Thing vibe from Mega-Swampert.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

FPzero posted:

Actually now that I look at it again the fossil pokemon look really jpeg artifact-y and I can see white outline remnants. The image is probably fake.

You mean the old mons covering the new art and text didn't clue you in? :v:

I'm guessing it's less fake and more someone dressing up their own speculation. It's not meant to be passed of as official, since everyone already knows the actual magazine scans.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Cerony posted:

That 4x Ice weakness is going to sting though.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Mega Archeops with Huge Power. :getin: Yes, I know that's never happening.

Would love to see all the fossils get megas though, they really could use them.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I know my Rotom has HP Ice on it so depending on if it's able to survive a hit from Mega-Sceptile it could take a decent chunk off. 4x weak hurts even if the attacker isn't getting STAB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Oh, he's the gift that keeps on giving.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 8, 2014

• Locked thread