Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

HapiMerchant posted:

But you see, a trope article that CAN be irritatingly self-demonstrating MUST of COURSE be that way! How else would you UNDERSTAND it otherwise?

See: Tvtropes page on the joker, deadpool, several other comic characters.

Speaking of:

quote:

Describe All Jews Are Cheapskates Here, as long as there isn't a service charge.

... :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Yeah, their policy of 'we're not stuffy and boring, we're the *~fun~* wiki' sometimes has issues when talking about stereotypes, like with this hilarious pop culture reference page title.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

made of bees posted:

Yeah, their policy of 'we're not stuffy and boring, we're the *~fun~* wiki' sometimes has issues when talking about stereotypes, like with this hilarious pop culture reference page title.

Remember when they used to have a Statler and Waldorf joke at the end of every other page? That was one of the few things on that site that was actually good.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Oh my god, not even TVT will take [Bromide] :laffo:

edit: missed the new page

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 7, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Kay Kessler posted:

Remember when they used to have a Statler and Waldorf joke at the end of every other page? That was one of the few things on that site that was actually good.

:stat::Yeah, that aspect of TV Tropes wasn't half bad!

:wal:: You're right - it was all bad!

:stat: DO HO HO HO HO :wal:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Love is crazy, full of chemicals and feelings. So mix crazy people with crazy love and anime. What do you get? Yanderes.

TvTropes posted:

The word "yandere", a term that blossomed in moe fandom, refers to a character who is crazy about someone else...often literally and violently. Despite the anime-inspired name, this type of character is much, much older than that, as one of the earliest examples is the Mesopotamian goddess Ishtar (Inanna).
Yanderes are usually identifiable by their blank eyes when they go crazy, blood being soaked on them for the majority of their screentime, carrying at least one signature weapon that they use to kill and/or attack others for the majority of their screentime, a mostly Moe appearance or at least an appearance that will deceive others, psychotic behavior, and a tendency to attack and/or kill people who would get in the way of his/her love. Many of them are Ax-Crazy. When on the Good Guys' team, they are often the Token Evil Teammate.
The character almost always appears perfectly cute and harmless on the surface... but underneath they may be obsessive, controlling, and sometimes just plain insane. Woe to anyone who happens to be the object of their often genuine affection. Even more pity should be saved for anyone who gets in the way — the psycho-obsessive is amazingly unwilling to put up with any rivals (but the rivals had it coming). There could be a long mental instability; the boy's/girl's always been just a little bit off. Could be the vicious product of Break the Cutie. Often eventually goes off the deep end and becomes an Ax-Crazy Boy With Psycho Weapon/Girl with Psycho Weapon, and that's just fun. May also be Not Good With Rejection. As a result, they are potentially scary.
Such characters are mostly female, but male examples exist.
Compare with the Violently Protective Girlfriend, who can become Ax-Crazy when the love interest is in danger, but is otherwise MUCH more stable mentally. See also Living Emotional Crutch for a reason why she goes from affectionate to murderous.
More details are available on the Analysis page, such as its history and its appeal.
Part of the dere family along with Tsundere (unapproachable outside, sweet inside), or sub groups; Kuudere (cold outside, sweet inside), and Dandere (asocial outside, sweet inside). However, those are all sweet inside, while the Yandere is sweet outside, crazy inside. Also compare Cute and Psycho, who is also sweet and crazy, but whose craziness isn't tied to love.
See also Clingy Jealous Girl, her Spear Counterpart Crazy Jealous Guy, Love Makes You Evil, Love Makes You Crazy, Stalker with a Crush, Domestic Abuser, Violently Protective Girlfriend, and If I Can't Have You. Compare Stepford Smiler and Psycho Supporter. May God have mercy on you if you are caught in a Psychotic Love Triangle (a love triangle with two members being Yanderes).Contrast with Bitch in Sheep's Clothing, in which a character is consciously using the illusion of purity and niceness to cover up a sadistic true nature (though a BISC can become a Yandere if we add mental instability to the mix). At the extreme, A Love to Dismember can occur. Due to their often violent nature, they are likely to be The Unfettered. The more savage examples also very likely to be Faux Affably Evil. Don't confuse with Yandere Kanojo, a manga which surprisingly doesn't involve actual yandere (except for one case, in which the victim had it coming. It ends well, though).
One may be compelled to wonder why the object of their affections doesn't just shoot them.
It should be noted that while many below listed examples are drama and horror ones, this trope is not exclusively Played for Drama. It might just as well be Played for Laughs through Comedic Sociopathy and/or Black Comedy as it is for drama or horror.
Almost all the examples listed below are spoilers, so read at your own risk, tee-hee!
Wait, you're leaving? No, don't leave! I thought I was the perfect read! I saved my best editing for you! You have to stay...!
I'll make you stay...

This is why you don't stick your dick in crazy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wasn't SpoonfulofBromide that guy who harassed a commission artist for weeks over not drawing his OC properly? Some fat red dress lady?

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Wasn't SpoonfulofBromide that guy who harassed a commission artist for weeks over not drawing his OC properly? Some fat red dress lady?

Actually, she drew him perfectly and SOB got obsessive sperg about it and creeped her out to the point where she hosed off and left the entire thing to rot. There were a few hilarious threads about it, they should be in the goldmine if you look.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

To make a long story short, he's a legit mentally unwell person who keeps reregging to ask about/demand that WaffleImages be raised from the dead so he can get his favorite webcomic brought back, among other things.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

God, this Bromide person is the most depressing internet trainwreck I've ever seen. (And yes, I know about Chris-Chan.) Of all the things for an obsessive person to fixate on-- all the TV shows, hobbies, scientific and historical studies-- they latched onto a misogynist Penny Arcade ripoff?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615435

That's not even scratching the goddamn surface of crazy he was. Just read from the 10th page on and that should get you up to speed on the level of crazy tropers now have to deal with.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

SerialKilldeer posted:

God, this Bromide person is the most depressing internet trainwreck I've ever seen. (And yes, I know about Chris-Chan.) Of all the things for an obsessive person to fixate on-- all the TV shows, hobbies, scientific and historical studies-- they latched onto a misogynist Penny Arcade ripoff?

What I'm mostly bemused by is that, on top of everything else, Bromide can't even decide what appeal Shredded Moose has and will argue back-to-back both that it's The Room-esque unintentional comedy and that it develops a sensitive, meaningful plot worth taking seriously. I really kind of want to read the SM TVTropes article just to see how much pure tonal whiplash it contains. (It doesn't help that I've never seen a Bromide post that wasn't pure word salad, of course.)

NobbytheSheep
Sep 2, 2011
I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now
Did the MLP:FIM military wank fic people make a reference to the Balkan wars? They did, didn't they? And the Falklands. Sorry, my mistake. Foalklands.

Do bronies have some kind of weird hard-on for the military or something? First Fallout Equestria and now this. They do seem to like putting their cute colourful ponies in war situations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

NobbytheSheep posted:

Did the MLP:FIM military wank fic people make a reference to the Balkan wars? They did, didn't they? And the Falklands. Sorry, my mistake. Foalklands.

Do bronies have some kind of weird hard-on for the military or something? First Fallout Equestria and now this. They do seem to like putting their cute colourful ponies in war situations.

Conservative bronies man. Also it's them tryng to make a children's show DARK AND GRITTY.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks Brome is just a really, really devoted troll. Then again I stopped following the trainwreck so it's possible I'm not really looking at all of the cards here

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

"Everypony in Ponyville is happy, carefree, and content with their life on the whole... except one. Rarity harbors a dark secret that nopony can ever find out about. A murderous secret, as a matter of fact. She is Equestria's only active serial killer. She has to balance her fashion life, her friends, and her murderous urges as best as she can. This is the story of her mind."

The Killer Rarityverse is a trilogy of novel-length My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfiction stories by BronyWriter that detail the life of Rarity as a violent serial killer and how that affects the ponies around her, particularly her her friends and family.

The original story, The Secret Life of Rarity, is the book in the series that follows Rarity and her actions from the time she begins killing, and why, until the beginning events of its sequel. It is by far the most violent story in the entire series as it is the one that details Rarity's murders, leaving little to the imagination. Rarity's preferred method of murder is with the use of various sharp knives and she is quite skilled with them. Eventually though she begins to lose what little sanity she has left and she begins to betray even her own twisted set of morals. The story ends with her execution by lethal injection after she is finally caught by the royal guards.

The sequel, The Public Life of Sweetie Belle picks up right where The Secret Life of Rarity leaves off but from Sweetie Belle's perspective. She is forced to deal with the fallout of Rarity's actions. Many ponies around town suspect that she will follow in the hoofsteps of her sister, despite the fact that she shows no desire to do so. The story spans about twenty-five years and results in Sweetie Belle eventually having a daughter out of wedlock named Joyous Blossom. Much like her mother, Blossom, as she is called, is under suspicion that she will follow in Rarity's hoofsteps but once again she shows no desire to do so, even when confronted with bullies.

The final story in the trilogy, and the one that was completed not too long ago, is Broken Blossom and once again it picks up pretty much where the preceding book left off. Blossom is left alone to deal with the fallout that came from the ending of The Public Life of Sweetie Belle and it details her life under the watchful eyes of the Royal Sisters. The story ends with her being executed, and seeing Diamond Tiara, Fire Ruby and Golden Necklace in Paradise.

Broken Blossom also has an alternate ending story, The Word is Fear, where Blossom was never executed and must struggle with Rarity taunting her from the dead, who wants her to become the next serial killer. which she does. She kills her psychologist, a janitor, and three guards at the prison she was at. The story's final chapters have Blossom murdered by Celestia, who is banished to the sun by Luna.

A second alternate ending, A Shadow Hangs Overhead is in progress, splitting off from the main story during Rarity's first kill, and she is caught immediately.

Ripples is a series of side-stories beginning after Rarity's execution, depicting the reactions of various ponies affected by her crimes.

Magnum Opus: Bronywriter considers this series to be his finest.

The Killer Rarityverse whole series review by warfarein 11th Jan 14

Grim Dark and Worse Than Cupcakes

WARNING: This fic is extremely dark. As the story progresses, the killings get increasingly gory and increasingly disturbing. If you have a weak stomach or are extremely empathetic or just don't like Grim Dark (or aren't sure if you like Grim Dark), you might not want to read this.

What It Says On the Tin.

Of all the fanfics I have read that are Grim Dark and in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic universe, The Secret Life of Rarity, The Public Life of Sweetie Belle, Broken Blossom, and the Word is Fear are by far the most gripping, terrifying, and well-written Grim Dark MLP fics. Where Cupcakes relied mostly on shock value, The Secret Life of Rarity didn't. Rarity remained perfectly in character through the course of the story until it diverged from canon. And that should be the most important part: RARITY DIDN'T BREAK FROM CANON until the very end. Where Sweet Apple Massacre relied on the sheer body horror, The Secret Life of Rarity had psychology horror through the roof. It describes in gripping detail what Rarity's actions do to her friends and family, plus the effect her killings had on her niece and in her niece. Where Cheerilee's Garden was about a pony's twisted descent into crazy and you wanted her dead, The Secret Life of Rarity was about a pony you, at first, recognized with and then, as the story progressed, you start to hate her just as she hates herself.

Special mentions: The Word is Fear is, by far, the most terrifying story I have ever read. Imagining what it would be like to have such a creature loose in the world made me literally sick. What happens to Celestia through the course of the stories is unique and unlike anything I have seen done. It deserves an award or something.

This story is what Grim Dark MLP should aim to be like.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

sweeperbravo posted:

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks Brome is just a really, really devoted troll. Then again I stopped following the trainwreck so it's possible I'm not really looking at all of the cards here

Given that he spread to several unrelated boards (TV Tropes and the official boards for Dinosaur Comics/Ryan North's affiliated stuff among them) and acted oddly reasonably there, he might not be.

And if he really is a giant troll, he's still pretty pathetic for dropping $200+ to annoy goons.

Content: Who ran the Planeswalker accounts when the goons started noticing TVT was loving weird? Someone claiming to be one of the "Planeswalkers" (jesus) came on the Troper IRC chat room (which was disowned by FastEddie a long time ago, since he banned the head admin from the boards for arguing a lot) said the only connection they had with SA was using voice actors from the boards.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lottery of Babylon posted:

This story is what Grim Dark MLP should aim to be like.

I didn't know Thomas Harris wrote My Little Pony fanfiction. :stare:

By the way: TV Tropes Pleads the Fifth: What grimdark My Little Pony should aim to be like.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bronies are like chefs who always put their favorite spices on everything, even on things where it doesn't belong. Like chili powder on shaved ice or a bucket of cumen in chicken soup. Grim/dark with ponies is like blending a pizza with an apple pie, spread over diced pigs feet, and served with coke.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
Every person who writes stories like this should be forced to admit it to their family and friends, as well as have it included in their obituary.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Ninjasaurus posted:

Every person who writes stories like this should be forced to admit it to their family and friends, as well as have it included in their obituary.

And engraved on their tombstones (if they get buried) or urns (if they get cremated or die in a fire).

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Bromide and TV Tropes deserve one another. What a crazy loving psycho.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Ninjasaurus posted:

"The fear of blood tends to create fear of the flesh"
—Silent Hill's tagline

The Silent Ponyville series is a crossover between My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and the Silent Hill series by Jake-Heritagu. So far the series has stayed away from Silent Hill's mythology and has opted for an approach to each story that is reminiscent of Silent Hill 2. Can be found here.

The author also has a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic comic called Motherly Scootaloo, which features Scootaloo getting pregnant and the events that come after (thankfully, it's nowhere near as Darker and Edgier as this fic).

The first story starts out with Pinkie Pie waking up from a terrible nightmare, the worst in a long string of nightmares. Weary after two weeks of almost no rest, and depressed by the content of her nightmares, she seeks help from her friend Twilight Sparkle, hoping that the unicorn's booksmarts and magic can help her. It does. After Twilight casts a spell to delve into Pinkie's mind, Pinkie wakes up in a fog filled and dilapidated version of Ponyville, with no idea of what's going on. With nothing but a cryptic note and a lantern to guide her, Pinkie sets out to learn why she is having her nightmares. Is she able to find the truth? Or does the sinister, twisted version of Ponyville cause her to meet her end?

Each major story in the continuity has multiple endings, paying further homage to the traditions of Silent Hill, although each one has a canon ending where everything turns out for the best. However, that does not prevent the other endings from being Downer Endings on the level of Silent Hill's, enough so even to provoke the fans to start calling the author a monster. One alternate ending to Silent Ponyville 2 even prompted one fan to write a fix fic just because he found it that depressing of an ending.

Motherly Scootaloo (formerly Pregnant Scootaloo)(warning, the author does NOT currently own th Pregnant Scootaloo URL, and it currently redirects you to a site with a virus) is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic webcomic on Tumblr. Like the title stated the story is based off Scootaloo getting pregnant from a classmate, and shows what comes after. Now has a donations bar. The author also has a Livestream account and a Mod Blog.The comic has spawned 2 spin-offs, Ask Rain Catcher, focusing on Scootaloo’s ex-boyfriend Rain Catcher, and Lightning Blitz Answers, a cute/funny based comic that updates based on donations (details here), focusing on Scootaloo’s son Lightning Blitz.

Warning, a large number of unmarked spoilers ahead!

Needs Wiki Magic Love

Trauma Conga Line: Scootaloo. Oh GOD, Scootaloo. The story starts off with her pregnant. Then we find out that her mom died several years back, and she ended up being taken care of by a friend of her mother who promised her Scootaloo would go to a good home, causing her to act because of an unconscious hope that that would cause her to return. We also find out that the father of her child left her when he found out (not to mention that there was a lot of teasing, mainly by Diamond Tiara) and Sandy (the previously mentioned foster mom), put her unborn child up for adoption, despite Scootaloo wanting to keep the foal. Then Scootaloo has an argument with Apple Bloom, and smashes her head into a mirror (luckily, Rainbow Dash agreed to watch her along with Fluttershy, giving her and Apple Bloom a chance to make up). Then, during "The Birthing", she gets a MAJOR Kick the Dog from Jet Set and Upper Crust, who Sandy had been thinking of as adoptive parents for Scootaloo's newborn son, Lightning Blitz, causing her to take Lightning from the hospital just so she can be with him, which causes her C-section wounds to rupture, nearly killing her (and according to Word of God, she would have if rescue hadn't come when it did). Thankfully, when the Jerk rear end couple says to Sandy that Scootaloo would be better off dead, she has a My God, What Have I Done? moment (after giving the couple a Shut Up, Hannibal! speech) about this, which leads to Lightning being taken into a sort-of foster home by a friend (since they don't have the money to take of him at the moment) and Scootaloo gets clearance to visit him relatively quickly (following a subversion of There Are No Therapists), and Sandy officially adopts Scootaloo, and their relationship has seriously improved, causing the story to take a turn for the better.
Then the custody trial begins, which turns into a murder trial in which Scootaloo is charge with the murder of Clearwater, Raincatcher's mom. She is proven innocent though. But the bad ending, in which Scootaloo is found guilty, she gets hanged. And Wordof God say this is canon in an alternate-universe sense.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
Who's worse: the author of this crap or the audience making the trope pages for it?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ninjasaurus posted:

Who's worse: the author of this crap or the audience making the trope pages for it?

Author and people making the trope pages overlap more then you'd think,

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Lotto, why do you keep showing us these monstrosities? These horribly written passages, thousands of words that serve only to make banal fanfic. Clashing themes that don't even work plot-wise, character-wise or at least have anything worth while. Jeez it's like fishing with dynamite when mixing tropers with bronies.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Ninjasaurus posted:

loving Tropers posted:

and Lightning Blitz Answers, a cute/funny based comic that updates based on donations

This guy is the worst. The guy making people pay for this poo poo.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

"The fear of blood tends to create fear of the flesh"
—Silent Hill's tagline

The Silent Ponyville series is a crossover between My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and the Silent Hill series by Jake-Heritagu. So far the series has stayed away from Silent Hill's mythology and has opted for an approach to each story that is reminiscent of Silent Hill 2.

How do these people perform the mental gymnastics to reconcile the completely disparate tones of the two franchises here? How can you possibly take it seriously like you could a Silent Hill? Also goddamn it gently caress you sh2 is still knee-deep in the occult poo poo and its plot isn't as strong without it saying it "stays away from it but is reminiscent of it" is a fundamental misunderstanding of the piece of media you are attempting to emulate and apparently love so much

grrr me silent hill :spergin:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
In that pony military history thing I like how they have a brief aside mentioning how unfortunate it is that spending is so heavily diverted to education and welfare and not the useless by their own admission military. Goddamn bronies to hell.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Motherly Scootaloo (formerly Pregnant Scootaloo)(warning, the author does NOT currently own th Pregnant Scootaloo URL, and it currently redirects you to a site with a virus) is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic webcomic on Tumblr. Like the title stated the story is based off Scootaloo getting pregnant from a classmate, and shows what comes after. Now has a donations bar. The author also has a Livestream account and a Mod Blog.The comic has spawned 2 spin-offs, Ask Rain Catcher, focusing on Scootaloo’s ex-boyfriend Rain Catcher, and Lightning Blitz Answers, a cute/funny based comic that updates based on donations (details here), focusing on Scootaloo’s son Lightning Blitz.

How do you even explain this to other people? "Sorry dad, I got the computer infected with a virus looking for pregnant My Little Pony fanfic!"

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

HorseRenoir posted:

How do you even explain this to other people? "Sorry dad, I got the computer infected with a virus looking for pregnant My Little Pony fanfic!"

That implies that they're not social misfits, incapable of speaking outside the lens of a Tv show.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Annointed posted:

Lotto, why do you keep showing us these monstrosities? These horribly written passages, thousands of words that serve only to make banal fanfic. Clashing themes that don't even work plot-wise, character-wise or at least have anything worth while. Jeez it's like fishing with dynamite when mixing tropers with bronies.

After the creation of the artificial intelligence Celest-A.I. and release of the My Little Pony MMO, Equestria Online, human civilization has all but collapsed

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm kind of morbidly curious to see if what they recommended for Evangelion crossovers with MLP, now.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

SodomyGoat101 posted:

This guy is the worst. The guy making people pay for this poo poo.

We're talking about bronies and tropers, though. I say fleece those worthless fuckers for every penny they have.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Flesnolk posted:

We're talking about bronies and tropers, though. I say fleece those worthless fuckers for every penny they have.

Yeah but the money's going to another brony and troper.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I couldn't find a dedicated Elliot Rodgers discussion thread on the TV Tropes forums, but I did find this:

[url="https://"http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=12920219780A27675100&page=0"]Real Life Implications of "The Unfair Sex"[/url]

Neo YT Prism posted:

Here's an especially unpleasant example from the troper tales section...

So basically, some guy was saying a bunch of girls were verbally abusing him, so he resorted to punching one of them, and nobody, not even his family, defended him after this.

While I'd agree that verbal abuse doesn't justify violence, (obviously he should have sought non-violent means of retaliation) it's hard not to pity him for resorting to it.

Also, there is a worthwhile point in there about how popular opinion wouldn't be as likely to look down on a girl who attacked a guy for verbally abusing her. The question is, whose fault would this double standard be in the first place?

Barkey posted:

Punch that bitch in the throat and do your part to get rid of the double standard!

Thanks Barkey.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

After the creation of the artificial intelligence Celest-A.I. and release of the My Little Pony MMO, Equestria Online, human civilization has all but collapsed

Christ. I read through the thing out of morbid curiosity after seeing rave reviews from singularity fans. I thought it was meant to take the piss out of MLP fanfiction and the worst kinds of techno-fetishists. Probably isn't though, and it had the inevitable couple hundred people wanking over how they wish they could live in a world where pony AI eats the solar system so that MLP Online keeps going. :negative:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Anticheese posted:

Christ. I read through the thing

lmao

I agree, it warms my heart that they only cross My Little Pony over with Ace Combat, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Alan Wake, Alien, And Then There Were None, Animorphs, Arkham Asylum, Artemis Fowl, Attack on Titan, Avatar the Last Airbender, Back to the Future, Batman, BattleTech, Ben10, Bioshock, Bleach, Bolo, Borderlands 2, Burn Notice, Cardcaptor Sakura, Cardfight!! Vanguard, Castle, Castlevania, Chrono Trigger, Code Lyoko Evolution, Codename: Kids Next Door, Command & Conquer: Generals, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Series, Community, Coraline, the Cthulhu Mythos, Dan Vs., Danganronpa, Danny Phantom, David Bowie's Space Oddity, the DC Universe, Dead Space, Death Battle, Death Note, Deltora Quest, Deus Ex; Human Revolution, Disgaea, Dishonored, Doctor Who, Doom, Dragon Age, the Dresden Files, Discworld, Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy, Ender's Game, Exalted, Fallout, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fanboy and Chum-Chum, FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman, Final Fantasy 12, Firefly, Free!, Fullmetal Alchemist, Girl Genius, God of War, Godzilla, Green Lantern, Halo, the Hangover, Harry Potter, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Homestuck, the Hunt for Red October, the Incredible Hulk, Indiana Jones, Invader Zim, Iron Man, James Bond, Jeeves & Wooster, John Carpenter of Mars, John the Balladeer, Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider Wizard, Kick Buttowski, Kingdom Hearts, Kirby, Kung Fu Panda, the Last Unicorn, League of Legends, Left 4 Dead, the Legend of Zelda, the Lovely Bones, Luigi's Mansion, Magic: the Gathering, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Mass Effect, Megas XLR, Metal Gear Solid, Metro 2033, Metroid, Mickey Mouse, the Mighty Thor, Minecraft, ¡Mucha Lucha!, My Little Pony G1, Mystara, Naruto, Neon Genesis Evangelion, One Piece, Overlord, Pacific Rim, Pawn Stars, Phineas and Ferb, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Pokemon, Portal, Power Rangers, Powerpuff Girls, Prototype, Psych, Ranma One-Half, Red vs Blue, Regular Show, Resident Evil, Robot Unicorn Attack, Sailor Moon, Samurai Jack, Sherlock Holmes, Silent Hill, Silver John, Sins of a Solar Empire, Slenderman, Sly Cooper, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Generations, Sonix X, Sonichu, Spider-Man, Spyro the Dragon, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek Online, Star Wars, Starbound, Starcraft, Stargate SG-1, Street Fighter, Super Mario Bros, Superman, Tales of ______, Team Fortress 2, Teen Titans, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Thief: the Dark Project, Total Drama Island, Transformers, Transformers: Beast Wars, Watchmen, Warhammer, Warhammer 40000, Winnie the Pooh, World in Conflict, Wreck-It Ralph, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Update: new evidence demands the addition to the list of: the Antlers (a band), Black Butler, Deadpool, Digimon, Discworld, Mortal Kombat, Nazi Zombies, Oh! My Goddess, Warrior Cats, the Westboro Baptist Church, and the Wizard of Oz. We apologize for the incompleteness of the original.

Regalingualius posted:

I'm kind of morbidly curious to see if what they recommended for Evangelion crossovers with MLP, now.

Shinji's Nightmare by Harry Leferts
  • Recommended by autobot
  • Crossover with: Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Synopsis: While he has returned from being absorbed into Unit-01, Shinji finds himself in an odd situation. Now, in a body that looks nothing like a human's and with a snarky roommate in his head, he has to deal with new powers and abilities while those around him shift. And he thought that fighting Angels was weird...
  • Comments: You will like Nightmare Moon in this, for she gives Shinji what he desperately needs: A backbone. Oh, yeah, he also does a sonic rainboom.

Excerpt posted:

The next morning as his eyelids begin fluttering, Shinji slowly comes to. ‘What…’ His eyes then widen before closing as he desperately fights not to cry as he remembers what had happened the night before with Asuka. “Damnit…” He stills as he feels a stirring against him before jerkily moving his wing up to reveal Rei curled into his side. ‘Er… when… wha…’ Feeling her snuggle deeper subconsciously, his wings suddenly snap wide open as he heavily blushes. A moment later he tries to bring them back flush against him, only to find they’re as stiff as a board. ‘Move drat you!’

He stills as he hears Rei’s voice. “Ikari-kun, is there a reason why your wings are stiff?”

Shinji rapidly tried to think of a way out as his mind races. “Um… I…”

Curious, Rei reaches up and runs a hand along the wing above her, a part of her mind marveling at how soft and warm it's feathers feel only for Shinji to twitch.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Good God, that page is physically unreadable.

click if u dare :twisted:

A new My Little Pony promo? Is this a parody of "California Girls"? That's way out of the target demographics range. I wonder if they do know? Nah, probably no-WAIT!? Did he just say "bronies", and "DJ PON-3"!!!!?? Hasbro and the Hub also sent a letter to Equestria Daily!? Plus they also clarified about when the spot will premiere!!?? YES!!! WE, THE BRONIES, ARE KNOWN!! BROHOOFS TO HASBRO AND THE HUB!! MAJOR BROHOOFS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lmao

Update: new evidence demands the addition to the list of: the Antlers (a band), Black Butler, Deadpool, Digimon, Discworld, Mortal Kombat, Nazi Zombies, Oh! My Goddess, Warrior Cats, the Westboro Baptist Church, and the Wizard of Oz. We apologize for the incompleteness of the original.

Shinji's Nightmare by Harry Leferts
  • Recommended by autobot
  • Crossover with: Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Synopsis: While he has returned from being absorbed into Unit-01, Shinji finds himself in an odd situation. Now, in a body that looks nothing like a human's and with a snarky roommate in his head, he has to deal with new powers and abilities while those around him shift. And he thought that fighting Angels was weird...
  • Comments: You will like Nightmare Moon in this, for she gives Shinji what he desperately needs: A backbone. Oh, yeah, he also does a sonic rainboom.

I'm the snarky roommate in his head.

• Locked thread