Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The Iron Rose posted:

I realize this is the second time I've said this but you seriously need to be providing pictures of this stuff because that's cool as heck.

Here you go. I imagine this would be quite horrifying to see walking around.

Though I am most fond of the golden fire aura I found. It goes very well aesthetically with Targray's armor.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Do red npc phantom versions of enemies in NG+ count for Awestones? Stuff like the red ironclads, etc.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Do red npc phantom versions of enemies in NG+ count for Awestones? Stuff like the red ironclads, etc.

Yes and no. Awestones only come "guaranteed" from NPCs that *invade* you. Red phantoms that simply spawn as normal enemies do not count for that, BUT...

Practically all enemies have a small chance to drop one, and certain enemies have a higher chance to drop them for seemingly no reason. Stuff like the invisible stalkers in Shaded Woods, Heide knights, etc.

edit: looking at the list of things that are known to have a higher chance for awestones, it's basically anything that is particularly dangerous for its area. Ogres, salamanders in the Forest, the respawning Ruin Sentinels...

Colapops fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jun 8, 2014

Lalus
Jul 12, 2009
After some trial and error I figured out how to reliably counter the Helix/Mastadon Halberd. I can't parry them since I'm crap so I use a Dark Havel's Shield, Stone Ring/Sun Sword and Rulers Sword. Its still a long fight but I think that tends to get them frustrated due to them being try-hards used to winning fast and easy.

Shield up and walk backwards+counter-clockwise around them. Stay outside about the length of the Helix and bait them to spam the L1 out. It'll either miss or take barely anything due to the shield. They have enough stamina for 3/4 of those attacks so rush in and hit them twice with the Ruler's sword when you feel they depleted the bar. If they don't have Gowers/turtle you can fish for backstabs but most of the ones I fought did. If they try a guard break they will miss horribly and if they drop the power stance, take out the sun sword and spam the poo poo out of R1 in their face. After about 5 mins of this they lose the head and start doing dumb poo poo making it easier to beat them and waggle a NO-NO-NO.

Anyone know the name of the axe that does the inescapable 3 hit combo for massive fuckin' damage? Its a long black axe that I've seen a few times in the BOB arena, looks pretty ace.

Genocyber posted:

With a DW buffed Dark Ruler's Sword (with 1 million souls, of course) I did ~90 damage a hit to a guy, and he had no buffs on. Level up enough and you become virtually invincible.

Something not right there. Thats about how much I do versus Numbness/Havels/GMB. 80-120 or so. As soon as it wears off I'm back to 300+ or whatever it is.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I get the feeling that by putting my sign down, I've been hurting a lot more people trying to run the Executioner's Chariot than helping. :ohdear:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I hear that Sunlight Medals drop from the Falconers in NG+, but how often? Is it feasible to grind out your Sun ranks that way?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

I hear that Sunlight Medals drop from the Falconers in NG+, but how often? Is it feasible to grind out your Sun ranks that way?
Unless I was just unlucky, the Sunlight Medals have a really low droprate. I made them all extinct twice while wearing the Gold Serpent Ring and the Explorer's Hood and only got 3 medals.
So it's technically feasible, but be prepared to spend a lot of time grinding.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

What utility is everyone using to back up their saves. I had a scare earlier today and I don't want to lose 72 hours of progress.

Also, and perhaps just as importantly, are they loving crazy with the requirements for the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring +2? 1000 Dark Spirit kills? REALLY?! Please tell me that the NG+ Dark Spirits count toward that number (and not just the named NPC "invasions") because gently caress. That.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Time_pants posted:

What utility is everyone using to back up their saves. I had a scare earlier today and I don't want to lose 72 hours of progress.
The save file is stored in %APPDATA%\DarkSoulsII\. If you can't find it, do a file search for "DARKSII0000.sl2".

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

Time_pants posted:

I run SoulSaver and also take a manual backup of my Dark Souls 2 save folder at the end of every gaming session.

You can find your save folder in Users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming.

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 8, 2014

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Raygereio posted:

Unless I was just unlucky, the Sunlight Medals have a really low droprate. I made them all extinct twice while wearing the Gold Serpent Ring and the Explorer's Hood and only got 3 medals.
So it's technically feasible, but be prepared to spend a lot of time grinding.

drat. Is it possible for some ~amazing hacker~ to bypass the drop restrictions on Sunlight Medals and give me some? I need Sunlight Spear for the achievement but A) I'm in the Champ Cov and B) gently caress co-op :v:

Smoke_Max
Sep 7, 2011

I remember some time ago somebody posted a name profanity checker website, but my Google failed me. Could anybody post it again please?

vv Thanks!

Smoke_Max fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 8, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://omgftw.github.io/DarkSouls2CensorCheck/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh noooo the glow from the Seed of a Tree of Giants doesnt go away when you chameleon!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

A mob dropped Syan Armor while not even farming for it. :toot:
Roleplay barbie set: 95% complete.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Is there any quick spreadsheet with armor stats and fully upgraded stats?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

How do I best tackle that bell ambush in Undead Crypt with the tons of hooded casters? It's after the 2 shield dudes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zedd posted:

How do I best tackle that bell ambush in Undead Crypt with the tons of hooded casters? It's after the 2 shield dudes.

Destroy a few ghost statues, run away through the big hall.

They stay destroyed for the rest of the playthrough and there's a lever that opens a shortcut back to the second bonfire just outside of the room. You can whittle the statue count down over repeated runs if you really want to loot the place.

Or, you know, just run.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Zedd posted:

Run away, open shortcut, come back the easy way, play normally.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You can either keep destroying the statues so that after a few deaths no more ghosts spawn, or if you don't want the treasure you can just run. The way out is a large well lit pathway.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Alabaster White posted:

drat. Is it possible for some ~amazing hacker~ to bypass the drop restrictions on Sunlight Medals and give me some? I need Sunlight Spear for the achievement but A) I'm in the Champ Cov and B) gently caress co-op :v:

Co-op is really really easy to get into in this game. I don't understand why you'd do this much more effort involved way of doing things when you could just switch to Sunbro and coop for like, maybe an hour and be done. poo poo is way easy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Covenants in DS2 feel like stuff you sort of drop into for a little bit to get something done then switch over to another if you want to do something else for a little bit. Just stop CoC'ing about for a minute, go Sunbro for a while, and marvel at how bad some pubbies can be while you're trying to kill the bosses for them.

The idea that someone would rather hack sunlight medals onto his character rather than play co-op is pretty funny, though.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Are there any PVP hotspots people drop red signs at similar to the bridge in the iron keep?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Are there any PVP hotspots people drop red signs at similar to the bridge in the iron keep?

I've heard the square box underneath the third bonfire in Iron Keep sees some action. It's a pretty ideal arena.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Covenants in DS2 feel like stuff you sort of drop into for a little bit to get something done then switch over to another if you want to do something else for a little bit. Just stop CoC'ing about for a minute, go Sunbro for a while, and marvel at how bad some pubbies can be while you're trying to kill the bosses for them.

The idea that someone would rather hack sunlight medals onto his character rather than play co-op is pretty funny, though.

I'm only asking because of how goddamn awful pubbies are. I find myself sitting around for a good 5 minutes between summons, and then there's a 75% chance that the host dies at the tail end of the fight, wasting my time. I absolutely hate summoning or being summoned but now it's almost impossible to grind out Medals from enemies anymore, like you could in DS1, so I can't even skip it. Why did they gate Sunlight Spear and Hidden Weapon behind covenants exclusively?

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Alabaster White posted:

I'm only asking because of how goddamn awful pubbies are. I find myself sitting around for a good 5 minutes between summons, and then there's a 75% chance that the host dies at the tail end of the fight, wasting my time. I absolutely hate summoning or being summoned but now it's almost impossible to grind out Medals from enemies anymore, like you could in DS1.

I had pretty consistant summons putting my sign outside Smelter Demon, and he goes down super easily to sorceries.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

I'm only asking because of how goddamn awful pubbies are. I find myself sitting around for a good 5 minutes between summons, and then there's a 75% chance that the host dies at the tail end of the fight, wasting my time. I absolutely hate summoning or being summoned but now it's almost impossible to grind out Medals from enemies anymore, like you could in DS1, so I can't even skip it. Why did they gate Sunlight Spear and Hidden Weapon behind covenants exclusively?

Because Sunlight Spear is one of the strongest spells in the game in PvE and Hidden Weapon is nice only for PvP. Sunlight Spear can kill some bosses in one or two hits.

Just put a sign down by an easy boss and grind them out quick, I don't see what the big deal is. You only need 30, it's not like the 500 net duel wins the Brotherhood requires for rank three. Also keep in mind that if YOU summon a sunbro and they survive the boss you still get a sun medal.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Neraren posted:

I had pretty consistant summons putting my sign outside Smelter Demon, and he goes down super easily to sorceries.

I am summoning at Smelter Demon :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

Summoning and being summoned has never been easier in this series soooo maybe be less of a baby and just carry harder. Carry pubbies on your majestic strongman back.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Flytrap posted:

Run away, open shortcut, come back the easy way, play normally.
Yup, that worked. :v:
Got the hat for my ~barbie roleplaying~ from the boss-gear vendor, so I'm done with my outfit. :toot:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Snake Queen lady is also a good spot.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Real Sunbros wear the Red Eye Ring to draw boss aggro and dodge everything git guuuuuud

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

Well with that attitude it sounds to me like you don't deserve the rewards given to the noble Heirs of the Sun. :colbert:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

I am summoning at Smelter Demon :(

Dunno what your SM are, but attune Soul Appease and lay your sign before the Prowling Magus fight in Brightstone Cove. Get into the fight, cast it once, done. You will get 30 medals in no time.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I want the rewards for this co op covenant without doing co op. Help pls.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Wait, you can swap out of the covenant of champions at will? I was under the impression you were permanently locked in it until the end of that NG cycle for some reason. I'll have to swap into that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Wait, you can swap out of the covenant of champions at will? I was under the impression you were permanently locked in it until the end of that NG cycle for some reason. I'll have to swap into that.

It pretends to be La Mulana's Hard Mode but it really isn't.

I oughta know, I used it to farm Awestones off Navlaan.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
The best co-op experience is getting summoned and watching the host's HP drop by 75% before you can even walk through the fog door. (This happens at least half of the time with the Ruin Sentinels. It's hilarious.)

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
:science:

Just tested this out:

For the dragon to trigger on the Aerie bridge, eggs must be destroyed, and the more that are broken the faster the dragon will appear.

0 eggs - hung out the bridge for a couple of minutes, nothing happened
1 egg - dragon destroyed bridge in ~25 seconds
30 eggs - dragon came in ~13 seconds

The quickest eggs from the bridge are where the last dragon spawned right before the bridge, or you can also zipline back to the bonfire, progress to below the first dragon spawn, pop some eggs, then zipline back to the bridge reasonably quick.

Do what you will with that, bloodbros. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

teh_Broseph posted:

:science:

Just tested this out:

For the dragon to trigger on the Aerie bridge, eggs must be destroyed, and the more that are broken the faster the dragon will appear.

0 eggs - hung out the bridge for a couple of minutes, nothing happened
1 egg - dragon destroyed bridge in ~25 seconds
30 eggs - dragon came in ~13 seconds

The quickest eggs from the bridge are where the last dragon spawned right before the bridge, or you can also zipline back to the bonfire, progress to below the first dragon spawn, pop some eggs, then zipline back to the bridge reasonably quick.

Do what you will with that, bloodbros. :getin:

Can the dragon destroy any bridge or just the long one to the shrine?