Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Panty Saluter posted:

Sweet Jesus, is this a thing now? I took these pictures in Waco, Texas a few months ago and the similarities are striking. At least the ratty Chevy is more honest about its white trash heritage? IDK...

Yes I know I posted it in this same thread, I just needed to see them next to each other :colbert:

A) Why does that symbol look familiar?
B) OMG YOU GOT PASS BY GIRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Captain Trips posted:

A) Why does that symbol look familiar?

It's the Horde symbol from WoW.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
Saw these two beauties this week.

First up is someone who decided to order everything in the catalog for his new jeep.

It was truly a garage queen extraordinaire.

Second up for your enjoyment is this little gem. Now you might be thinking, "hey some kind of super sports car" but NOPE!. It's a fricken Ford Mustang, 4th gen, probably around a 2002-2004. It turned before I could get a side shot. The roof was chopped, windows were about 6-8 inches high and a ton of Pepboys specials added onto it.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

That mustang cannot be legal with so much of the taillights covered up can it? And those x-tra large blind spots...

Terrible bike stuff:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I think - we all think - the tailight colour-coding was a nice idea. But - not pointing any fingers - it could've been done better.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
How often does it snow in South Carolina?

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

North Carolina, it doesn't snow much but the week before I took that picture we had a snow/sleet/ice turbostorm.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

While returning home recently from a dog walk I encountered this monstrosity minutes from my road:

That's not as bad as this hideous thing featured on Wheeler Dealers.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Floormat over the gas pedal, nope no problem with that. Toyota didn't have any issues a few years ago with floor mats interfering with pedals.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Has this thread had had Stephen Ireland's (ex Manchester City player) Range Rover posted?

A good chance I reckon, but it merits a re-airing at this precise moment even if so:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

That's not as bad as this hideous thing featured on Wheeler Dealers.

I love how they complain about what someone else did to that, then do this to relatively clean RX-7

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Powershift posted:

I love how they complain about what someone else did to that, then do this to relatively clean RX-7

Yeah, that was loving hideous.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Has this thread had had Stephen Ireland's (ex Manchester City player) Range Rover posted?

A good chance I reckon, but it merits a re-airing at this precise moment even if so:

It's so nice to see homosexual sports stars being out about their sexuality and not getting harassed for it. :3:

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

I don't even...

I couldn't get a shot of the front or side since I had to turn off before he did to get to work.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012
Look at all the shark fins on the back! He must get fantastic radio reception.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SocketSeven posted:

Look at all the shark fins on the back! He must get fantastic radio reception.

gently caress you I was gonna post this exactly.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

SocketSeven posted:

It's so nice to see homosexual sports stars being out about their sexuality and not getting harassed for it. :3:
That is truly insulting. Gay people tend to have taste.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ireland has always had some poor judgement. Like the time he said he had to go home from the national team because his grandma died. When she was found to be alive, he said it was the other grandma...who also was found to be alive.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012

nm posted:

That is truly insulting. Gay people tend to have taste.

I think we all know that assuming that all Gay men are metrosexual and have a sense of style is the truly damaging stereotype. :colbert:

On a serious note. Has this guy explained why he likes his ride with pink highlights?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

SocketSeven posted:

I think we all know that assuming that all Gay men are metrosexual and have a sense of style is the truly damaging stereotype. :colbert:

On a serious note. Has this guy explained why he likes his ride with pink highlights?

Liked the look of all those ricers with the bright green wheels, was colorblind

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I wasn't quick enough on the camera to get the whole car, but getting all of the one behind it kinda makes up for it.

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."
Hey guys, should I call the police on this? This is Florida but I'm sure it's not street legal to drive a rally race car to the shopping center.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is Perfo M. Nce the owner?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

RustedChrome posted:

Hey guys, should I call the police on this? This is Florida but I'm sure it's not street legal to drive a rally race car to the shopping center.

I thought most rally cars had to be street legal so they could get from stage to stage.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Call the cops for no front plate.

Oh, wait, that's just terrible Ohio that requires them. :(

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Powershift posted:

I wasn't quick enough on the camera to get the whole car, but getting all of the one behind it kinda makes up for it.

:barf: The real abomination here is that red Stealth (3000gt?) with green rims. gently caress.

Captain Trips posted:

Oh, wait, that's just terrible Ohio that requires them. :(

I have been pulled over for this no less than 3 times in my younger years. Each time it served as a way for the cops to check and see if I was drinking. After they were satisfied I was not drunk they gave me a warning and let me go.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 8, 2014

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date

RustedChrome posted:

280lb/ft of torque at 0rpm and FWD? That thing must be a handful.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Road rally and street rally are two different things :ssh:

(Also: :thejoke:)

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Abandoned Chrysler dealership in Liverpool, Ohio:

http://imgur.com/gallery/CVJC8

The vehicles are in shockingly good shape:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I don't loving understand how these things happen.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did a bank repossess it and not bother to sell the cars? It's not like you couldn't have found a buyer for everything in a week if you were just liquidating.

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."

Chinatown posted:

I don't loving understand how these things happen.

Retired car dealer decided to keep one of his shops for ????

http://jalopnik.com/5632032/the-mystery-of-flickrs-ghost-car-dealership

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RustedChrome posted:

Retired car dealer decided to keep one of his shops for ????

http://jalopnik.com/5632032/the-mystery-of-flickrs-ghost-car-dealership

That makes way more sense.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Also the Fury is a 77-78ish and the Cordoba is an 80-81, so its highly unlikely they were just left there like that while the place was operating,

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Dr.Caligari posted:

:barf: The real abomination here is that red Stealth (3000gt?) with green rims. gently caress.

How dare you impugn the automotive taste of Santa Claus

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Driving behind this rocket surgeon last week:

headrests removed :downs:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

piss boner posted:

Driving behind this rocket surgeon last week:

headrests removed :downs:

It would be great if he was listening to Busta Rhymes' Break Ya Neck when he's inevitably rear ended.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Having been rear-ended at a light in a car WITH headrests and dealing with 1+ year of neck pain that picture just terrifies me.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Nut flesh? Nut flash? Either way, I dont want to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Nut Foolish?