Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I finally did it. I shot the host with a ballista during the pursuer boss fight. I even went out of my way to make myself an early sunbro just to end up murdering the guy I was supposed to help. This is the worst feeling in the world. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I do that all the time, intentionally.

I'm a monster.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I think I've had people try to kill me with it, but then got disappointed that I've done the fight enough that I can blind reflex dodge it. I routinely fight him by baiting him into ballista range and dodging through the bolts.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

<------ :love:

Tho I'm disappointing they didn't give me a dumb avatar too. rip

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Fuzz posted:

I do that all the time, intentionally.

I'm a monster.

SO IT WAS YOU. You son of a bitch!

But in seriousness, anytime I'm in the pursuer fight, I dont' lock on. I keep that camera twirling around. Anytime I see the goddamn world master go for it, I"m just like OH goddamn it DON'T you loving shoot it until I parry him. Half the time the person I"m co oping with registers that oh poo poo AN OPENING when I roll away after parrying.

Also I'm the guy who goads the pursuer to destroy the ballistas if you don't get off after missing.

Yeah that's right. Fight him without using the ballista. :colbert:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 8, 2014

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Shindragon posted:

SO IT WAS YOU. You son of a bitch!

But in seriousness, anytime I'm in the pursuer fight, I dont' lock on. I keep that camera twirling around. Also I'm the guy who goads the pursuer to destroy the ballistas.

Yeah that's right. Fight him without using the ballista. :colbert:

You're the real monster.

If you can't fight the pursuer without the chance of murdering the host then what is the point?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Sick of being friendly fire'd. I lost count how many times the host has killed me. Its pretty much, oh to hell with this.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 8, 2014

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Can the dragon destroy any bridge or just the long one to the shrine?

Just the long one.

I just spent a chunk of time doing invasions there on NG and it was a bust - everyone died somehow out of sight. One person got stuck on the ledge you drop down to for an item above the bonfire and suicided immediately when I found him (I was gonna bow and jump off!), another I kicked the ladder down, let him get a couple hits on me, had him chasing me, hid behind I rock when I saw him jumping onto the zipline to chase me then I see TARGET DESTROYED.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Shindragon posted:

Sick of being friendly fire'd. I lost count how many times the host has killed me. Its pretty much, oh to hell with this.

That's why you shoot the host first! :eng101:

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Recommendation: play the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack during boss fights. Track suggestions:

Monsoon's theme for the Looking Glass Knight, since it's raining
Sam's theme for the Pursuer
Sundowner's theme for Lost Sinner
Excelsius' theme for Freja (for obvious reasons)
Final boss theme for Nashandra

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Those are good suggestion but Final boss theme should be for someone who else who aint a scrub. :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Shindragon posted:

Those are good suggestion but Final boss theme should be for someone who else who aint a scrub. :colbert:

Final boss theme for Darklurker? He's certainly anime enough.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He is definitely is anime as hell. Not many bosses loving cross their drat arms and just use the other two arms against you.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

teh_Broseph posted:

Just the long one.

I just spent a chunk of time doing invasions there on NG and it was a bust - everyone died somehow out of sight. One person got stuck on the ledge you drop down to for an item above the bonfire and suicided immediately when I found him (I was gonna bow and jump off!), another I kicked the ladder down, let him get a couple hits on me, had him chasing me, hid behind I rock when I saw him jumping onto the zipline to chase me then I see TARGET DESTROYED.

I keep invading people today who are afk with infinite health on and I don't have a weapon capable of stunwalking them out to a cliff.

When they come back they turn their infinite health off though.

I should stock up on acid pots.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I just spent a few minutes in the blue bro covenant, doing duels. Why are they instant compared to blood bro duels? Is it cause I'm still in ng?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I just spent a few minutes in the blue bro covenant, doing duels. Why are they instant compared to blood bro duels? Is it cause I'm still in ng?

Bluebro arena has no limitations, you can fight anyone at any SM, Bloodbro arena has some sort of limitations.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
So, Velstadt. Does he have any cool tricks? Halfway through the fight he does his chanty mumbo-jumbo thing, and I think that raises his damage and defenses a bit, but then he just keeps on pulling out the same 3 or 4 moves that he's already shown off in the first half. Is he supposed to do something else? The chanting seemed like it should lead up to a big-deal attack or the like, with how long it makes him vulnerable for, but...nothing.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

ninjaiguana posted:

So, Velstadt. Does he have any cool tricks? Halfway through the fight he does his chanty mumbo-jumbo thing, and I think that raises his damage and defenses a bit, but then he just keeps on pulling out the same 3 or 4 moves that he's already shown off in the first half. Is he supposed to do something else? The chanting seemed like it should lead up to a big-deal attack or the like, with how long it makes him vulnerable for, but...nothing.
He gains a pretty good ranged attack.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He shoots off a pretty nasty ranged attack. Granted he kneels on the ground when he's about to do it so it's pretty easy to dodge.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

tonberrytoby posted:

He gains a pretty good ranged attack.

Huh. I guess me staying all up in his grill meant he just never pulled it out. That's a shame. I wasn't expecting him to be basically a weaker version of Smelter Demon, this far through the game. Especially since I felt like the two bosses immediately prior (i.e. LGK and Demon of Song) were pretty darn cool.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

ninjaiguana posted:

Huh. I guess me staying all up in his grill meant he just never pulled it out. That's a shame. I wasn't expecting him to be basically a weaker version of Smelter Demon, this far through the game. Especially since I felt like the two bosses immediately prior (i.e. LGK and Demon of Song) were pretty darn cool.

Demon of song is the fight I love to pull out double greatswords on, takes tons of damage when you can get hits in.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Ok so I don't get this. I have never once been invaded on either of my two characters in some 150 hours of play. But Inspector, gets invaded constantly. At least a dozen or more times by now, and most recently twice in the same sitting. This doesn't make any sense.

Also the two of us are aggressively bad at PvP. Both of us died to one guy with dual katanas. That guy had to be feeling smug.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Ice Fist posted:

Ok so I don't get this. I have never once been invaded on either of my two characters in some 150 hours of play. But Inspector, gets invaded constantly. At least a dozen or more times by now, and most recently twice in the same sitting. This doesn't make any sense.

Also the two of us are aggressively bad at PvP. Both of us died to one guy with dual katanas. That guy had to be feeling smug.

Have you killed NPCs? Has he? Have either of you invaded anyone?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Ice Fist posted:

sinners pay the price :smuggo:

neetengie fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 8, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ice Fist posted:

Retribution is the wage of sin :colbert:

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

ninjaiguana posted:

Whenever he kneels down to power-up, you + your buddies if you have any immediately go over and start stabbing him repeatedly in the head.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Fun fact about the Shrine of Anime - if you knock the mages flat, they don't get up. They just kinda lay there, chilling out and uh, not drowning I guess.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Why? Ratbros stack fights in their favor, but they're hardly the most unfair.

I BA'd the Doors bonfire into NG+10. 37 people have died to the first rat dog, only Havel Rockers have managed to make it to the first ladder but they all seem to come down with a case of getting hex'd to the back. I am the most unfair.

I like to hang out on the outcropping on the second floor that overhangs the passage into the second room on the first floor, posed with blade and torch in hand, observing my grand designs wrecking loser face.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

axelsoar posted:

Demon of song is the fight I love to pull out double greatswords on, takes tons of damage when you can get hits in.

Heh, I phantomed for my brother on Demon of Song, and he was rocking dual greatswords. It does seem like the perfect fight for it!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The Rat King Covenant is for sadists.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

argondamn posted:

The Rat King Covenant is for sadists.
It's for people who want to be game show hosts, sadly most hosts don't act like that as far as I know.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
/\I wish I could give prizes to the winners.

Hey, M's need their S's, and vice versa

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

ninjaiguana posted:

He kneels down and shoots a bunch of dark magic that can pretty much one shot you.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Flytrap posted:

/\I wish I could give prizes to the winners.

Hey, M's need their S's, and vice versa

Drop something by the bonfire and wait. If they make it there drop a "very good!" carving and do the fist pump taunt.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Drop something by the bonfire and wait. If they make it there drop a "very good" carving and do the fist pump taunt.
I think a Soul of a Great Hero, and maybe some Effigies would be a good prize payout. Maybe some rare upgrade ores like Petrified Dragon Bone and Twinkling Titanite too.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Red Crown posted:

Recommendation: play the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack during boss fights. Track suggestions:

Monsoon's theme for the Looking Glass Knight, since it's raining
Sam's theme for the Pursuer
Sundowner's theme for Lost Sinner
Excelsius' theme for Freja (for obvious reasons)
Final boss theme for Nashandra
You should watch this video if you haven't already (or at least the fight at ~13:30):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHnNvr5U6k

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Genocyber posted:

<------ :love:

Tho I'm disappointing they didn't give me a dumb avatar too. rip

That's weak. They should made your avatar the Smelter Demon.

neetengie posted:

I think a Soul of a Great Hero, and maybe some Effigies would be a good prize payout. Maybe some rare upgrade ores like Petrified Dragon Bone and Twinkling Titanite too.

Can't drop upgrade materials unfortunately. I used to leave prizes for my victims as an apology for the horribly murder I was about to commit, but most people ignored them. :(

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 8, 2014

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

neetengie posted:

sinners pay the price :smuggo:

I have no sin.

I actually got invaded by the same guy twice today.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?
My 4th character who is about to finish NG+ hasn't been invaded once between NG and NG+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I get invaded every 10 minutes like clockwork on my SL 270 guy.