Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not sure why Bucky would strand Gamora and Moon Knight though. That doesn't seem to make much sense.

And the mysterious person is the killer who put the teams together to track him down. Why would he be doing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm not sure why Bucky would strand Gamora and Moon Knight though. That doesn't seem to make much sense.

And the mysterious person is the killer who put the teams together to track him down. Why would he be doing that?

Maybe he's leading them not to find him, but to find something else? If the killer truly believed in what he did, then he could be sending these teams out that will make them realize what he did was right? I can't word it properly but I hope I got my point across.

I feel like the theme, as someone put before, is exposing secrets that need to be revealed. It's possible the motivation for killing the Watcher is to get everything out in the open so everyone can realize how hosed everyone else is.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 5, 2014

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I think Bucky is doing what he's doing to put on a good show for the real killer who may be watching with the other eye if the killer's not the mysterious boss.

I'm not convinced the boss is Fury, but there seems to be heavier shading over the left side of his face, where Fury's eye is missing.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
There's always Jacob Fury. Pretty sure he's still indisposed of after Secret Warriors, and he's no stranger to LMDs.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

TwoPair posted:

Comedy option though: The now-dead Fury was the real one and he just didn't see anything when the eye-bomb went off because he's been playing puppetmaster in 616 so long he didn't really have anything left to uncover.

That's actually pretty good. Everyone learned a secret about themselves or their lives but Nick Fury had no more secrets to discover about himself because he'd already figured out all the one's he didn't personally orchestrate.

radlum
May 13, 2013
What happened to that Nick Fury LMD from early Secret Avengers (the first run, with Brubaker IIRC)

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
He was killed by Black Ant during Remender's Secret Avengers run.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

d00gZ posted:

There's almost no way Bucky's the killer on purpose, UNLESS Old Fury's been programming him to do this for decades. Most of the monsters that've gotten gamma-irradiated bullets to the head died way before the Winter Soldier arc, while he was still working for the Soviets.
It's been a bit since I've read the Brubaker run. But I do wonder if they're going to reveal that Fury was somehow the one who had been winding up Bucky all those years, rendering the Soviet backstory either complete or partial bullshit.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's been a bit since I've read the Brubaker run. But I do wonder if they're going to reveal that Fury was somehow the one who had been winding up Bucky all those years, rendering the Soviet backstory either complete or partial bullshit.

That would be impossible. Their is a shitload of evidence that the Russians control him. There is also a mini series that is currently coming out that show him as a Russian agent and going against SHIELD

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.

bobkatt013 posted:

That would be impossible. Their is a shitload of evidence that the Russians control him. There is also a mini series that is currently coming out that show him as a Russian agent and going against SHIELD
Yeah, I definitely don't see them pulling a huge retcon on the whole Soviet backstory, it's pretty unfeasible and would undo part of one of the best recent Marvel stories.

OTOH, the current Winter Soldier mini could create some space for something along these lines it's set in the right era and establishes there was a time Bucky was unbrainwashed in the past. This could create a window of opportunity for Fury to do something. I don't see it happening though, mostly because Remender stuff tends to be in a continuity of its own and because that would make Fury a huge rear end in a top hat. I guess that's the point of the event though.

The last issue is this week so we'll know soon enough.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What does LMD mean?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

SalTheBard posted:

What does LMD mean?

Life Model Decoy. Like a robot.

We really should get a Nick Fury LMD teaming up with a Doombot and a Sentinel and Machine Man and Dazzler with 3 H.E.R.B.I.E.'s.

Pyros
Mar 24, 2003

The Leper Messiah
Has Moon Knight worked with Fury much before? MK asks if the crazy stories about the mysterious boss are true and says he thought he was "Dead or at least...", which seems to make it unlikely to be Fury if they do know each other.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pyros posted:

Has Moon Knight worked with Fury much before? MK asks if the crazy stories about the mysterious boss are true and says he thought he was "Dead or at least...", which seems to make it unlikely to be Fury if they do know each other.

Finding a character which has ties to people from Emma Frost to Scott Lang to the Punisher and Strange to Bucky and Gamora wouldn't be hard, you'd think. But I can't think of someone who would fit that bill.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have a feeling the teams were mostly create because they had little or no connections with each other.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I have a feeling the teams were mostly create because they had little or no connections with each other.

They're all connected to the person who put them together, and they put them together and sent them to specific places to play off of each other and figure poo poo out. Like Strange taking Frank to that realm, and Frank being the one to find out how the beings were getting killed and getting a suspect list. Or Bucky needing Moon Knight's plane and tech to figure out that they were on a planet that was killed.

So the killer put them all together specifically to lead them back to them. But also to expose other poo poo, which is probably why Bucky went and killed Fury.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
So let's talk bizarre space god murder. Frank and Steve find the body of some giant monster in a strange realm beyond the ken of man, shot from about 4 kilometers distant. Punisher says he's got a list of 10 people who could pull off the shot, but I imagine there's a shorter list of people who knew that place existed at all.

Dr. Doom is the obvious suspect, but I guess Clea or Wong or Baron Mordo could also get there? Maybe someone like Mephisto or Dormammu?

As for the shooter, it's probably not Hawkguy or Lady Hawkman. Bullseye's been out of commission lately, but it was killed a while ago. I bet that'd have been something he could've managed when he was a Thunderbolt/Avenger. Deadpool might be able to do it, but his comic seems to be actively moving him away from the current action. Possibly a lucky shot from Domino?

As for motive, I'm pretty sure it was just to test the rifle/bullet somewhere where Uatu couldn't see it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Don't forget Taskmaster.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Black Widow, Bucky and Old Nick are probably on that list, Maybe Hawkguys brother Barney. Is Black Widow 2 still alive?

For people who know how to get to that plane of existence, there's also Dormamu's sister and possibly Loki in one of his various incarnations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if there's any significance to the fact that they're all gamma-irradiated. Like, gamma specifically rather than just a vague "these bullets are radioactive". I don't really know Hulk's rogues gallery outside of Abomination, is there anybody even tangentially related to Banner who could be a sniper?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Red Hulk?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

TwoPair posted:

I wonder if there's any significance to the fact that they're all gamma-irradiated. Like, gamma specifically rather than just a vague "these bullets are radioactive". I don't really know Hulk's rogues gallery outside of Abomination, is there anybody even tangentially related to Banner who could be a sniper?

Yeah at first I was thinking of General Ross (currently Red Hulk) or Glen Talbot (currently dead, I think. Jeph Loeb seemed to screw up Greg Pakk's plan.)

But now that you have mentioned this, it's made me think of one figure we have all overlooked.

Someone who possesses a wide knowledge of the Marvel Universe.

Someone who has been trained by Captain America, and in so doing has acquired the combat skills needed for this plan.

Someone who is familiar with travelling through dimensions and has regularly dealt with monsters.

And someone who is very familiar with Gamma Radiation.

I of course speak of....Rick Jones!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I really thought it was going to be the Punisher in a contrived "We're being punished for our sins." sort of thing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Question IRL posted:

I of course speak of....Rick Jones!

If we're making Identity Crisis parallels, that's a good guess.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That would fit too. Would also be a way to explain his goofy A-Bomb form.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I think Jason Latour ruined Spider-Man's original sin.

The other person who got bit by the spider was Gwen Stacy. http://jasonlatour.tumblr.com/post/87991995503/im-writing-a-gwen-stacy-spider-woman-one-shot

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

RevKrule posted:

I think Jason Latour ruined Spider-Man's original sin.

The other person who got bit by the spider was Gwen Stacy. http://jasonlatour.tumblr.com/post/87991995503/im-writing-a-gwen-stacy-spider-woman-one-shot

Nah that's for Spider-Verse. She's an alternative universe (but cool looking) Spider-Man. The Spider-Man Original Sin stuff is being done by Slott.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's a loving awesome costume.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
What ever happened to Peter Gyrich or whatever his name was?

He's my random Mysterious Boss guess.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Bitchin Kitchen posted:

What ever happened to Peter Gyrich or whatever his name was?

He's my random Mysterious Boss guess.

I'd love it if Peter Gyrich, Government Racist was actually behind the whole thing.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Waterhaul posted:

Nah that's for Spider-Verse. She's an alternative universe (but cool looking) Spider-Man. The Spider-Man Original Sin stuff is being done by Slott.

Knowing Slott's doing OS stuff makes me more sad and kinda wish this was OS instead of Spider-Verse.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RevKrule posted:

Knowing Slott's doing OS stuff makes me more sad and kinda wish this was OS instead of Spider-Verse.

To be fair having the spider bite be Gwen Stacy would have been dumb as gently caress so Slott has that going for him.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair having the spider bite be Gwen Stacy would have been dumb as gently caress so Slott has that going for him.

I won't concede that point until we know who the other person bit is. On the one hand I have hopes it's someone better than Gwen, on the other....well, Slott.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Didn't we already find out the spider bit some dude who ended having the power to be a massive pile of spiders or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Didn't we already find out the spider bit some dude who ended having the power to be a massive pile of spiders or something?

In the first three issues of Tangled Web, we were introduced to a bully who saw what happened to Peter and thinking he could gain the same powers he ate the spider. He later gained the ability you mentioned and became THE THOUSAND.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

RevKrule posted:

I won't concede that point until we know who the other person bit is. On the one hand I have hopes it's someone better than Gwen, on the other....well, Slott.

We know who it is though: a woman named Silk who's shown up in brief scenes in the first few issues of ASM and is going to be a big part of the Original Sin stuff for Spider-Man.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

In the first three issues of Tangled Web, we were introduced to a bully who saw what happened to Peter and thinking he could gain the same powers he ate the spider. He later gained the ability you mentioned and became THE THOUSAND.

Written by Garth Ennis.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Written by Garth Ennis.

Who is 50,000 times the writer Dan Slott is.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I liked Original Sins. Seems like they are going to get a lot of non-Big 2 talent on these. I only recognized Ryan North from the first issue, but Chip Zdarsky is going to be writing/drawing some part later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's a loving awesome costume.

It really is. I hope it doesn't just go to waste in Spider-Verse and never come up again.

• Locked thread