Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Double post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
M

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Voting 1. B. So long, poo poo lords

Voting: "So long, poo poo lords."

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1A. Bad-asses never turn back to gawk at the explosion going on behind them.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
M, Team Sperg

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
A

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Diogines posted:

No one has weapon focus: El-Scream-Explosion in the Old Tales. A variety of men from the Old Tales have supernatural powers. You saw Tudiya turn one of Bareen's followers into confetti by screaming something at them. He also did some pretty nasty things to those (orcs?). What happened with the Zviv is not unique by the standards of the Old Tales.

Disappointing, but blacking out the sky with a divine firestorm of supernatural arrows while we FUS EL DAH stuff will have to do.

A, but stress the message and the need to pray to El when we leave
Tell him to pray sincerely to El for guidance, and that you hope he will listen, then depart. I get the feeling when judgement arrives, we're going to see it from quite a long way away. And as tempting as it is to try to reason with the King, bear in mind:

a) This is the King's life work here, right on the cusp of achieving victory over his hated enemies. This ain't Mass Effect, there's no magic conversation option to sway someone from something this big.
b) Remember the last time we tried a passionate speech? Yeah.
c) Our job was to warn the king, not to dissuade him from attacking. We've done El's work, let's get back to our pilgrimage and consider ourselves fortunate nothing went terribly wrong here.

Razakai fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 8, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
L Come on man don't get your whole army killed over this! You can try again next year!

I don't disagree with A voters, but man it feels like we should try just a little bit harder to save the lives of a whole bunch of people.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

ShotgunWillie posted:

M, Team Sperg

We should definitely push our luck for this random NPC. It's how we got in this mess, why change course now?

M

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

This.
:byewhore:

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
A, I think we'll find out what happens later on, no need to put the caravan at additional risk. I wouldn't be opposed to B though.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
why in the actual gently caress are you people voting A. why don't you want to see what comes of this. what.

B

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

N

He sounds like a good dude who doesn't understand the gravity of our message. Once more with feeling.

edit: changed vote in later post

Aades fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 8, 2014

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

why in the actual gently caress are you people voting A. why don't you want to see what comes of this. what.

B

Pillar of salt?

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You.....
B. ...the five of you don't rejoin the caravan, you will watch from a distant hill to see what happens. You move a lot quicker than your caravan and Gareb has instructions to wait for you at the next city, you have plenty of time before he does something drastic like moves on without you or comes looking for you.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
M: "It is clear that you are a wise and pious man, a petty king would have killed the messengers that bore such dreadful news. I have done my duty by El and delivered his message, it makes no difference to my onward journey whether or not you heed my words. But it would sadden me greatly to know that a good king is dead, there are too few of them around these days.

El is good, El is all powerful and above all El is true to his word. If he says that your army will be met with calamity if it does not leave by sundown, that is surely what will happen. By staying here you are not seizing victory, but inevitable defeat. I beg of you, do right by your men and humble yourself before El. If you demonstrate your wisdom and your piety today, El may yet reward you with the victory you seek tomorrow."

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
A. I was certain we were gonna die here. We have done our service to El, our job is done, let's get the hell out of Dodge. The king has plans to disobey El, we don't want to be here when that happens. The king's bad ideas are not our responsibility.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

B

Why in the actual gently caress do the people voting B have any desire to be within line of sight of something that can bring calamity down on an entire army? It's a pointless risk where all we stand to gain is watching a bunch of people die.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

M

He's been given a chance, clearly he thinks we are fools, but we must try again. His armies should not suffer his arrogance.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
B Blessed are those who believe in El but have not seen. We have delivered our message, may El have mercy on us. Let us be off and do not look back, no matter how hot the flames that lick at our backs may be.

I'm sure if the whole camp is going to be smote we will notice it. And we can always take a detour on the way back to see what has happened

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
P. Plan Women and Children!

Great king, I implore you, you are obviously just and pious. But my message is clear. If the siege is not broken before sunset a great calamity will befall you. ............. I see I cannot convince you, your heart and mind is set. I respect that.

But please let me take the women and children in camp and lead them away. You do not need them for the battle tomorrow.

A vote for one last hurrah, followed by a hail mary to save some.

Every camp has campfollowers. Wives, children, whores, fletchers, smiths, cooks. He will probably never break the siege but we can save some.

L. Plead with King Zobah. You don't wish evil to come to him, you can only help him if he obeys.

The dude is obviously not a psycho-killer. And while a more normal reaction to "I killed your son" is "Die!" I have to say he was pretty cool with us offing him.

Though if leaving wins i'd rather it be B.

Though I am doubtful a calamity will befall anyone. It is sad but somehow I don't think Melechim have that much power in the world anymore

Affi fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 8, 2014

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
O - jazzyhattrick's speech

Doing the bare minimum for our pledge and to save everyone here is kind of lovely. We've developed some nice rhetorical chops over the years, let's put them to good use!

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 8, 2014

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
M. - passionate speech to convince king. Good thing we maxed out our charisma.

The king seems like a good dude. He didn't kill us and he will rebuild El's temple. I think he doesn't understand the gravity of the situation. Seems kind of lovely to let him lead his people to their doom.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Edited in Affi and Jazzy's bits as lettered options.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Diogines posted:

Edited in Affi and Jazzy's bits as lettered options.

So are these a secondary vote if you voted M, or what?

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Changing vote to O

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

King, YOU don't get to pick your penance to El. I've told you what El requires of you and you need to heed, El not your own ego. You've been warned exit then

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'd love to go with Jazzyhattricks, but I really want to try to save any women and children from whatever is going to go down, if this doesn't work.

What will likely happen though is some kings will believe us, others won't, and in the ensuing infighting the Tadmorans attack.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A He didn't decide to kill the messanger, let's GTFO.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
U: "Your victory this day has already been foretold. Move quickly, as you have only til sunset to break this siege. I pray that you have made the correct choice, and that El will have mercy. Farewell."

Considering we've been roped in by technicality in the past, let's turn the tables. Maybe he just has to conquer the city before nightfall?

I honestly don't care so long as we're as far away as possible. If invisible priests start talking to us, it's time to bail out.

Diog! Did it appear as though anyone else listened to the middle-aged priest we didn't notice at first, or did he just speak to us with no one really noticing?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

A lets get out of dodge.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
P. We should make certain it's clear that he has no choice here. Also, he totally thinks we're a melachim.

I do want to see how the smiting goes down, too. And hey--more pilgrims! :getin:

Ralith fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 8, 2014

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

B - Plan So long, poo poo lords. (Don't actually call them poo poo lords) + I repeat our message to the king.

The Melachim at Bareen's temple didn't plead and beg - he said his piece and left. Be CLEAR that what he has pledged is insufficient, and then leave.

Sit back and watch Smythos be judge, jury, and executioner.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 8, 2014

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
Plan Razakai.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -