Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I've really been enjoying this since re-installing last week. The last time I had played was pre-expansion and the abandoned, overgrown city zones are very cool My schedule doesn't allow me to consistently play MMOs seriously, but when I get some time Rift is the one I like most to come back to, despite whatever annoying development decisions get made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
paging zoness to log the gently caress on beep boop~

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

paging zoness to log the gently caress on beep boop~

Yo I'm at work.

Going to head home asap!!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Double post but this sure is a thing:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/427980-t3-sparkle-trove.html

Thanks Abominus.

BiS gear available through chests. Whoo~~~~~

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Can I get an invite for Grimmerson?

Moppingest
Nov 6, 2009
Getting back into this, could I get an invite for Moppo?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I'm tempted to come back, have that stupid MMO itch again and RIFT always owned. How many Goons are usually online?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Yeah so Oracle is a barrel of laughs that does way too much damage for a buffbot. It might be the one support soul that it's okay to take into a 5-man. It feels REALLY one-dimensional though, like it can't really do much aside from pop raid DPS buffs on cue and then mash a pretty brainless rotation, but it'd probably be overpowered if it could do more than that.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 27, 2014

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Most often since I've been back there have been 5-10 goons online. Pretty quiet most of the time, but that's not me complaining cause I'm not doing anything to add to the chatter. It seems like we have a small core of 60s who are unambitious and/or fulfilling their ambitions outside of guild? I might be totally wrong I've been playing again for like a week. I might try more often to see if people want to do the silly little pre-raid type group activities together, as I'm a fresh 60 myself.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Stagger_Lee posted:

Most often since I've been back there have been 5-10 goons online. Pretty quiet most of the time, but that's not me complaining cause I'm not doing anything to add to the chatter. It seems like we have a small core of 60s who are unambitious and/or fulfilling their ambitions outside of guild? I might be totally wrong I've been playing again for like a week. I might try more often to see if people want to do the silly little pre-raid type group activities together, as I'm a fresh 60 myself.

Is raiding still a thing that goes on in the goon guild? I know a good number of Greybriar pugs (generally on Friday or Saturday) for which I can probably vouch a couple of people who are willing to put in the work to show competence in specs and don't stand in red, and realistically you can get through TDQ/IDH with any group as long as you have the hit.

And if you have any questions about Cleric, Warrior (read: Paragon, Champion, Tempest), or some Mage specs, I'm an okay resource for those (but especially cleric).

When I'm on I'm always sitting in the Goonsquad@Deepwood chat channel.

But I'm probably going to be secretly playing Wildstar this weekend so v:shobon:v.

OneEightHundred posted:

Yeah so Oracle is a barrel of laughs that does way too much damage for a buffbot. It might be the one support soul that it's okay to take into a 5-man. It feels REALLY one-dimensional though, like it can't really do much aside from pop raid DPS buffs on cue and then mash a pretty brainless rotation, but it'd probably be overpowered if it could do more than that.

Oracle can do some utility, but at the cost of DPS. It's like defiler in that regard in that sometimes you have things to do that aren't just push out numbers but the actual dps rotation of the spec itself is pretty simple.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 28, 2014

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I don't really know, and if it's not I'm not too bothered by it, I was just encouraging a bit more chatter and hanging out together.

And actually if you have stuff to say about Tempest I'd be grateful for it, probably the tempest/warlord hybrid is what I'll start with in experts.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Patch is out and...

quote:

* Furious Assault, Courage of the Bear, Courage of the Eagle and Courage of the Panther: No longer toggled buffs. Now last up to 1 hour.
* Furious Assault: Now applies all Shaman Courage buffs when cast.
Honestly I have no idea what to make of this. On one hand, thank God for fixing the most obnoxious buff recast sequence in the game. On the other hand, why do 1-hour buffs even still exist?

Also pretty much all rogue and warrior self-buffs persist through death now.

Zoness posted:

Is raiding still a thing that goes on in the goon guild?
It hasn't been for at least a month.

quote:

I know a good number of Greybriar pugs (generally on Friday or Saturday) for which I can probably vouch a couple of people who are willing to put in the work to show competence in specs and don't stand in red, and realistically you can get through TDQ/IDH with any group as long as you have the hit.
I'd be down for that. I'm mostly maxed out on pre-T2 gear except for relics (540 hit in DPS, 74k HP in tank), and getting a little bored of doing nothing but T1s and chronicle grinding.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 29, 2014

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Requesting guild access, character name is Lanvaren.

I've really been enjoying Rift, it started out slow but it's been expanding and getting much better pretty quickly.

Edit: And I'm in.

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 1, 2014

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Where'd everyone go? :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

skylined! posted:

Playing other games while this one sits rather dormant and waiting on 3.0. I am not sure if Trion has a secret project they are working on or just putting the development into 3.0, but it's been sparse outside of a new tier of raids that few people can see. I log in every now and then to see if there have been any cool outfits or things, but it seems to be on cruise control. I'd buy the new souls and play around with them, but 5k credits is pretty steep :(

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

I paid somoene 3.25k plat to gift me the new souls only to find out the cleric version is kinda boring. Oh well.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

skylined! posted:

on the casual side of things, its almost impossible to play catchup in pve or pvp now; the grind and sheer amount of content you have to slog through until relevance is just staggering

on the raiding side it's a combination of other games and trion's overtuning of content, but almost entirely the latter

backstory: we (addiction) and two other guilds thoroughly tested all of the T3 raid content between us. when we tested them, we also did tuning passes and commented on whether the bosses were doable in their current state. at that point, maelforge was intended to be extremely difficult, while laethys, and aky were tuned a little more sensibly (with the exception of a 600k dps check on an add in p3 laethys). greenscale was trivial.

we were told that the first 2 bindings would be released 2 weeks before 2.7 (check). the other 2 seemed about finished to us with the exception of the very last phase of maelforge.

when they were released a month later, the tuning had been utterly trashed. maelforge had an extra 30 million hp and a 3 minute lower enrage, laethys' enrage had almost 2 minutes shaved off it, magcilian became unpurgable and had a borderline broken 1shot aoe. this isnt even mentioning the 700k dps check at the end of maelforge - a feat impossible even with perfect debuff stacking, a raid full of t3 weapons, cd timing and asias' damage buff as it would require each of the dps in the fight to sustain roughly 60k dps.

the MO in addiction is to raid 4 hours (or more) a day, 7 days a week until bosses are killed. thats how t2 and t1 were cleared. at this point, knowing trion have overtuned the gently caress out of the content (and added ridiculous items like the transcended trinkets) to keep people playing until 3.0, nobody is bothering with that poo poo. we're all playing wildstar :smug:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Wow, that really makes me want to go test poo poo for Trion. :v:

By the way, is Greenscale a whole lot easier than Akylios? My guild killed Aky first because they looked about equal on video but with Aky you didn't have to learn three different add phases.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

shut up gelly posted:

on the casual side of things, its almost impossible to play catchup in pve or pvp now; the grind and sheer amount of content you have to slog through until relevance is just staggering
It's also suffering from BWL syndrome, a.k.a. there's about a raid tier worth of content between where the high-end guilds are and everyone else is, and no real way to close it. I'm almost maxed out on T1, but nobody's doing T2, and I'm sure as hell not getting in to T3, so I'm pretty much at the "gently caress it, gonna go play something else" point. It'll be Wildstar if I can get a trial key because I'm not blind-dropping $60 on a subscription MMO in 2014.

Bumping experts (and maybe even chronicles) to 400 FES + 50 FOW would have largely avoided that problem, but apparently they think people were willing to drop hundreds of dollars on T2 packs instead.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jun 10, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Wow, that really makes me want to go test poo poo for Trion. :v:

By the way, is Greenscale a whole lot easier than Akylios? My guild killed Aky first because they looked about equal on video but with Aky you didn't have to learn three different add phases.

Greenscale is easier than Inyr or Abom. As far as threat on adds goes, I don't think we've needed a cleric tank on it, it's mostly about being aware where adds spawn. Amunet along with on-the-dot interrupts tends to trivialize most add phases as long as you're meeting dps benchmarks.

Grats on Akylios though :toot:

Anyway, I hope I see you all on wildstar some time :v:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 9, 2014

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

OneEightHundred posted:

It's also suffering from BWL syndrome, a.k.a. there's about a raid tier worth of content between where the high-end guilds are and everyone else is, and no real way to close it. I'm almost maxed out on T1, but nobody's doing T2, and I'm sure as hell not getting in to T3, so I'm pretty much at the "gently caress it, gonna go play something else" point. It'll be Wildstar if I can get a trial key because I'm not blind-dropping $60 on a subscription MMO in 2014.

Bumping experts (and maybe even chronicles) to 400 FES + 50 FOW would have largely avoided that problem, but apparently they think people were willing to drop hundreds of dollars on T2 packs instead.

Makes sense ans is really how I feel. Had a bump in work schedule and couldn't really play for a month - came back and the entire Good guild on Deepwood is dead. Seems everyone PUGs FT and EE but doesn't seem to be any PUGs for PBB/IG that go beyond trash or the first boss (where PUGs were typically at 2-3 months ago..)

Sucks. I like Rift.

Zoness - is Wildstar really worth it?

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

For what it's worth, I run a guild on Wolfsbane. We're progressing through T1 20 man content, and are working on GA right now. You beautiful goonish bastards are always welcome to run with us. I can't promise a run filled with lots of try hard, but booze flows freely and everyone's pretty chill.

I'm Menstrualart@Wolfsbane, guild is Violent Spoons.

xoxoxo

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

patch notes posted:

RIFT 2.7: HOTFIX #8 6/11/14

Targeted Release Date:

NA: 6/11/14 - 7:30 AM PDT
EU: 6/12/14 - 1:00 AM GMT

== PROMOTIONAL EVENTS ==

MECH WEEK IS BACK!
Temporal Flux returns! The planar Research Institute has reopened the Temporal Rifts. Players of level 30 and above can visit the PRI Representatives in Sanctum, Meridian, and Tempest Bay for daily quests and players of all levels can hunt for the Temporal Flux rifts throughout the world.

There's even a new Temporal Flux Daily! Battling the Battlers: Defeat the final boss of a Temporal Flux rift.

Note: Mech Week begins at 3:30 PM server time on Thursday, June 12th, and ends the following Thursday, June 19th, at 3:30 PM server time.

GENERAL
* Last names no longer accept words that are considered profanity.
* Fixed a crash that could occur when entering warfronts.

UI AND SETTINGS
* You can now use the new command "/maxfps" to limit your maximum frames per second.
* Fixed a problem with changing text colors in options causing it to sometimes change the wrong color options.
* Players can now see the locations of quest givers for Promotional events, such as Temporal Flux, on the world map.

ZONES
* Zone Event: Unnatural Speciation: Reduced the Hellbug Fissure healing, health, and the respawn rate of adds.

CLERIC

SENTINEL
* Fullness of Life: Can no longer crit.

ROGUE

PHYSICIAN
* Viral Infection: Now triggers 100% of the time off of any Physician heal or absorb ability. Will not trigger off of Biofeedback.
* Emergency Response: Can no longer crit. It also cannot be affected by any +healing abilities, such as the Tactician gift or Palliative Care.
* Alternative Treatment: Now off Global Cooldown. Costs 10 energy. 8 second cooldown. It will still remove itself if the Rogue goes to 0 energy.

WARRIOR

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES
* Tier 1 Raid Encounters: All enrage timers have been increased by 2 minutes, reducing the DPS required for a kill.
* Tier 2 Raid Encounters: All enrage tmers have been increased by 1 minute, reducing the DPS required for a kill.

BINDINGS OF BLOOD: AKYLIOS
* The Portal for Akylios is now visible.

BINDINGS OF BLOOD: GREENSCALE
* The Portal for Greenscale is now visible.
* Greenscale will no longer target pets or random players in melee range during the final 25% of the fight.
* Noxious Bracken and Strangle Plant have had their aggro radius reduced to 1 meter and will immediately give up their pursuit of players.

BINDINGS OF BLOOD: LAETHYS
* Annihilating Flar: No longer affected by Laethys's enrage.
* Addressed an issue causing high latency players to be teleported out of Gold Piles.

ITEMS
* Several Tier 3 Raid DPS relic items have received a stat enhancement to aid you in your quest to defeat Maelforge and Laethys.

The t1/t2 nerf is the most :effort: nerf I have ever seen.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
~~ gently caress rift ~~

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Rianeva posted:

The t1/t2 nerf is the most :effort: nerf I have ever seen.
I dunno about T2, but when nobody even knows how to do Typhiria's adds phase any more, I'm really wondering who thought the T1 nerf was in any way useful. Bonus points for it having basically no effect on Crucia or Matriarch.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

OneEightHundred posted:

I dunno about T2, but when nobody even knows how to do Typhiria's adds phase any more, I'm really wondering who thought the T1 nerf was in any way useful. Bonus points for it having basically no effect on Crucia or Matriarch.

I haven't seen enrage on a t1 boss since progression. In t2, this change only really affects Inyr'kta as far as I know. But yeah,

deimos posted:

~~ gently caress rift ~~

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

deimos posted:

~~ gently caress rift ~~

Not to empty quote this but yeah, this. It feels like they barely have anyone working on it these days.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

~~ gently caress rift ~~

Amen to that.

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|
Character name is Bohnerstorm. I leveled up to 20~ during release and got burned out before I really got started, I heard this game got a lot of updates though and I'm pretty burned out on WoW myself. I at least wanna lose my dignity with goons. Here's for <Goon Squad>.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Pusheene wants an invite!

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
MMORPG.com is giving away some free codes, you've just got to register with their site. Or log in if you've already done so. And click a button.

Includes some junk, some costmetic, of note I'd say is a Temporal Flux Vault II and a 3 day patron pass. Oh boy.

1,550 left as of this post. Came out earlier today with 5,000.

It seems like a lot of work I know but hopefully some of you find it useful.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Codes are gone.

Pusheene invited.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
The thought of 5000 new people actually playing rift is pretty mind-boggling if not downright inconceivable.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

The thought of 5000 new people actually playing rift is pretty mind-boggling if not downright inconceivable.

Who says it was new people getting the codes?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

i got one of those codes

also we killed laethys recently

pretty interesting fight and certainly better than any other t3 fight. however the way the fight is designed around a very rigid set of timers meant we'd constantly have "gently caress you" moments during progression where it was impossible to avoid laethys healing 10mil hp or instagibbing half of the raid because lol storm of treasure. it was a genuinely frustrating boss to progress on.

however p3 imo was pretty excellent and i wouldnt have minded if p3 was the entire fight. by my ACT i've done that 2 minute opening snoozefest at least 150 times.

i'm not participating in maelforge progression because ~lol datascape attunement~ and also ~gently caress this game~ but i look forward to seeing 2 months of nerfs that make the fight doable. 3 months if vladd fixes warpest scaling.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I remember this game being pretty fun back when I played it got up to around level 20ish, is it worth coming back to?

Illuminatus
Mar 25, 2008

FNORD
I'm playing this again as Jantial and would like an invite please, if anyone is still playing. Sadly I only see 8 people from the guild have played in the last day.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Goon Squad is basically dead I think. We couldn't get consistent raids going, and were constantly running t1 20-mans and rarely running the t2 10-man. Anyone that's still in the guild and plays likely PUGs or runs with other guilds.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
I loved this game when I played it up to level 25 or so, but life happened and I forgot about it. I just started playing again. I think I'm level 8. Its sad to hear that goonsquad is dead. Is there an ally/sister guild I should join instead or just set myself up with some pubbies?

Scags fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
I'd imagine a number of us will be back for 3.0, for what it's worth.

• Locked thread