Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
The majority of those are me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Yaos posted:

Here's something interesting, somebody used the WvW API to pull out how many guilds are playing WvW by looking at what guilds are claiming. I think it's total guilds ever since the API opened up, so it's not the current number of guilds.
http://gw2.brutebyte.com/api2/

SFD is really outpacing Goon Squad on the WvW front.
SFD: http://gw2.brutebyte.com/api2/guild?guild_key=036BCF20-14D8-47FE-8C4F-2C32E6759A10
Goon Squad: http://gw2.brutebyte.com/api2/guild?guild_key=EEC7F606-E5EC-4C83-A302-CCFEA91CE261

Goon Squad has way more important things to spend it's influence on than wvw, like tons of spare guild missions.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
SFD does way more wvw than GS in general but that's not a good way to judge it, like Lazy said it was mostly him or others screwing around putting the star on stuff or beating other guilds to it. We don't use any of the upgrades for WvW buffs just the siege.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Yeah, I've claimed WvW objectives on my 1-man bank guild a few times. It's almost meaningless.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dentalfort means EVERYTHING.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Yaos posted:

Here's something interesting, somebody used the WvW API to pull out how many guilds are playing WvW by looking at what guilds are claiming. I think it's total guilds ever since the API opened up, so it's not the current number of guilds.

SFD: http://gw2.brutebyte.com/api2/guild?guild_key=036BCF20-14D8-47FE-8C4F-2C32E6759A10
Goon Squad: http://gw2.brutebyte.com/api2/guild?guild_key=EEC7F606-E5EC-4C83-A302-CCFEA91CE261

That thing must be broken because it doesn't show any of the data from when I completely solo dominated WvW in the first week of the tourney and gave us first place before becoming bored of it all and letting you slackers drag us down to fifth.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dentalfort means EVERYTHING.

Okay, that's the one exception to our upgrades. RIP Dragonbrand.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Clearly Yaos is trying to cause a rift between SFD and Goon Squad. :argh:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

For those of you using SSH tunnels and the like to get around America's ISP infighting and reduce lag, Anet changed the address of their gemstore/TP/exchange again.

Make an exception such that *.ncplatform.net doesn't go through the tunnel and you should be able to use the TP again.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Kessel posted:

For those of you using SSH tunnels and the like to get around America's ISP infighting and reduce lag, Anet changed the address of their gemstore/TP/exchange again.

Make an exception such that *.ncplatform.net doesn't go through the tunnel and you should be able to use the TP again.

America has the fastest and cheapest internet in the whole world, why would you want to avoid it?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ItBurns posted:

America has the fastest and cheapest internet in the whole world, why would you want to avoid it?

Haha. What.
No we dont. Not by a long shot.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I tried to role play with an Anet Dev, I didn't go as far as I could have.

Knyghtblade-san likes me :swoon:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Haha. What.
No we dont. Not by a long shot.

He was being facetious.

Incidentally, here's the list of servers I make exceptions for while using SSH tunneling. The trading post/gemstore will flat out not work without some of these exceptions; others were just odd connections I noticed the game client making and decided to just add to the exception list to avoid potential issues. Tivac could probably shed a bit more light on what is used for what.

*.ncplatform.net (connections to the various elements of the TP, for example gemstore-dfw.ncplatform.net and exchange-dfw.ncplatform.net)
*.cloudfront.net; *.akamaiedge.net; *.akamai.net; *.edgecastcdn.net; *.cachefly.net; *.arenanetworks.com.cdngc.net (content delivery networks)
*.google.com
*.fatfoogoo.com (payment processing. I think this is part of the Digital River platform)
*.akadns.net

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

BombermanX posted:

I tried to role play with an Anet Dev, I didn't go as far as I could have.

Knyghtblade-san likes me :swoon:

I didn't get pictures of it but last night I logged into my warrior who was still in the Rata Sum jail from SFD's night in the slammer and I found like a half dozen people inside roleplaying and asking "who's this jerk?" with regards to me. I warped out quickly but went back later and caught something along the lines of "NOW YOU HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT" and talk of incest between the characters.

My beloved master race city is forever tainted now.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I think I just walked in on a bunch of roleplayers

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
I agree, roleplayers are disgusting. Now let me tell you about this Arus fanfic I'm writing...

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Forgall posted:

I agree, roleplayers are disgusting. Now let me tell you about this Arus fanfic I'm writing...

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
i understand that this is a dead game. is it fun though

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Welp.

Did I mention yet that megaservers have ruined the game by infesting everything with terrible roleplaying?

edit: I also caught an orphan dancing a few feet from the still-on-fire orphanage.

Something does not add up here....

Lonk fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 7, 2014

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I've only seen one so far, you deserve it for hanging around in queensdale.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Lonk posted:

Did I mention yet that megaservers have ruined the game by infesting everything with terrible roleplaying?

Megaservers are only trying to match players with the same interests.

Batham fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 7, 2014

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
The best roleplayers ar the ones taking the PVE world and its inhabitants at face value.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

tvayisnihyaami posted:

i understand that this is a dead game. is it fun though

P sure it isn't dead. Unless you count your soul, then come on over!

Batham posted:

Megaservers are only trying to match players with the same interests.

Ever since I started trying to role play with the roleplayers, I've been seeing fewer and fewer of them. I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DO, ANET.

Lonk posted:

My beloved master race city is forever tainted now.

I can't believe you even gave them a chance! You're the only good one out of that cesspool. Also, you're the cutest frog.
Edit: I figured you were some sort of baller hylek runt.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I decided to finally try and link my GW1 account for the free skins and stuff. Instead of linking my accounts it created an extra (nonfunctional) gw2.com account and kicked me out of SFD and GOON :thumbsup:

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

This is a cropped photo. Everyone be thankful that it is.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

BombermanX posted:

I can't believe you even gave them a chance! You're the only good one out of that cesspool. Also, you're the cutest frog.
Edit: I figured you were some sort of baller hylek runt.

laff, blame ANet for giving them the best city and the best animations/death screams

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Yaos posted:

This data is useless. It doesn't take any consideration to those guilds with the ferocious iron will to kill Grub and Ghost Tree every week.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

How do I get Savior of the Dolyaks?

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Xavier434 posted:

How do I get Savior of the Dolyaks?

Prison RP.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Bone pick is back, 1000 gems.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Fighting Liadri on a mesmer :psyduck:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Didn't they mention something about a town clothes/outfit crafting profession a while back? Has anything happened on that or are they pretty much guaranteed to be cash shop only?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chumbler posted:

Didn't they mention something about a town clothes/outfit crafting profession a while back? Has anything happened on that or are they pretty much guaranteed to be cash shop only?

Chances are all armor/town stuff is gonna be cash shop only yea.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0zkzO6fRyM

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Are there any dramatic readings of Mein Kampf available? I feel like that would be a better accompanying soundtrack than the crap he played. Visual content is cool though

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

This is largely because of the way the engine handles leaping. I think Colin Johanson explained it once in a forum post - your character is simply moved forward by a linear vector of x units, and then takes on its normal properties afterwards, leading to the dead drop. That's why you get affected by all AOEs between you and the destination, since your character is technically passing through all of them, albeit very quickly.

Engineers who put in a little bit of practice with Rocket Boots - which sends your character forward at your maximum attainable velocity - will find some really creative places to abuse leap speeds and animations.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Hello Lonk, I spent the weekend in the bowels of rural New Zealand and I saw this and thought of you <3

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

Found this one-man protest in Divinity's Reach:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

hey goons i played wildstar for a little bit and now i like GW2 again :nsa:

• Locked thread