Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I went from 156s to mostly 162s in the span of about three hours. And only one DC!

You should raid more.

P.S.: Everyone should raid more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
If like to but my internet has been iffy the past couple weeks. When I DC'ed tonight I was running no poo poo about 30k ping for a bit. And it's the fastest service I can afford so I dunno wtf.

OTOH it's still more stable than I thought it would be so yeah, I'll raid more. A full run of DF SM and SNV up to the weekly got me an Arkanian for everything but legs and shoes.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
so i should be around for shitshow tonight, but maybe not. who knows!@

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

FadedReality posted:

Black Talon was awesome and made me look forward to doing more Flashpoints with the heavy emphasis on group conversations and story but then Hammer Station had none. What gives, game?

Also having an agent surround the group with little flying heals was badass and I think I want to do that instead of Sith Juggernaut. Not badass was the tank rolling need on literally everything. Never change, PUGs. :allears:

Eh, after you run the fps a few times, you start to get thankful for the lack of conversations because they really slow things down if you're just trying to level. I don't even bother with black talon or esseles anymore, they take so goddamn long.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Ainsley McTree posted:

Eh, after you run the fps a few times, you start to get thankful for the lack of conversations because they really slow things down if you're just trying to level. I don't even bother with black talon or esseles anymore, they take so goddamn long.

I was excited to run each one once as I level through as Black Talon felt like it fit right into the story. I'll still check them out but finding out they're just bog standard MMO dungeons after that first one is disappointing.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

So whom can I whisper to get invited to the Goon guild on the republic side in Jedi Covenant?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

AdorableStar posted:

So whom can I whisper to get invited to the Goon guild on the republic side in Jedi Covenant?

No idea if you are still around or still need it, but I just got home and am starting stuff up. I'll be n Liisi once I finish with that.

Give me 10-15 minutes though.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 8, 2014

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

FadedReality posted:

I was excited to run each one once as I level through as Black Talon felt like it fit right into the story. I'll still check them out but finding out they're just bog standard MMO dungeons after that first one is disappointing.

Eh, that's not true. At a guess I'd say probably half of the group content has cutscenes? Most of the endgame flashpoints do, all of the Operations do, a number of them have intro and outro quests.. there's a couple in the middle that are kind of eh but at least you have flavour dialogue that's voiced during fights and stuff.

I tried doing a group quest on Wildstar the other day and was just absolutely shocked at how uninteresting and incohesive it was compared to SWTOR. Literally just "run over there, kill this nameless, storyless guy, run back, repeat 5 times"

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I tried doing a group quest on Wildstar the other day and was just absolutely shocked at how uninteresting and incohesive it was compared to SWTOR. Literally just "run over there, kill this nameless, storyless guy, run back, repeat 5 times"

I played the beta of Wildstar and couldn't even get far enough to hit any group quests. The questing felt like they took the most boring aspects of vanilla WoW's questing and made all of the quests like that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hey 55s, log on and raid.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry, some jackass hit a power line down the street and the house went dark for a bit.

I am having an unprecedented string of bad luck lately.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Super good run of TFB tonight. Desht, you did a phenomenal job tanking. Glad to finally have that mission out of my sniper's log, and a few MMGs for me. :D

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Sorry, some jackass hit a power line down the street and the house went dark for a bit.

I am having an unprecedented string of bad luck lately.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

That's my opinion from having played Wildstar as well. It's weird to me because I skip most of the dialog in SWTOR now, but I definitely consumed it the first time through. Having now played an MMO that actually seemed to try to do the RPG part of the acronym, going back to something like Wildstar where quests are just a paragraph of text in a window makes me feel like even the developers don't give a poo poo about the bullshit task I'm being assigned. The illusion of dialog trees in SWTOR at least lets me establish a bit of character which makes the whole thing more engaging than it's total lack in most other MMOs. It's also super terrible in group settings. At least your first time through group content in SWTOR, you can make everybody sit through the talky parts so you know what in the blue gently caress is going on. I did the first group quest thing in Wildstar four times or so and I still have no idea what the gently caress I was doing aside from running to the dot on the map. I kind of don't think anybody in any of my groups did either.

I know we like to poke fun at the overuse of Steve Blum, but I'd rather have him read every quest text aloud in every game I play from now on than do another voiceless MMO.

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 9, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dunno, SWTOR is still fun on its own merits, but Wildstar wins out by having vastly superior and engaging combat. SWTOR's target tabbing and just standing there hitting buttons is so boring now. It's hard to play MMO's like that anymore, but I can still tolerate SWTOR because it has other features that are good.

The storylines in TOR were pretty forgettable and your characters responses were all really canned and repeated constantly throughout the leveling. So it ultimately doesn't matter.

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

Medullah posted:

Super good run of TFB tonight. Desht, you did a phenomenal job tanking. Glad to finally have that mission out of my sniper's log, and a few MMGs for me. :D

Yeah, it was rad, thanks for letting me tag along ^_^

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Can I get an invite on Esthi?
E: got one, thanks

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 9, 2014

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

I said come in! posted:

I dunno, SWTOR is still fun on its own merits, but Wildstar wins out by having vastly superior and engaging combat. SWTOR's target tabbing and just standing there hitting buttons is so boring now. It's hard to play MMO's like that anymore, but I can still tolerate SWTOR because it has other features that are good.

The storylines in TOR were pretty forgettable and your characters responses were all really canned and repeated constantly throughout the leveling. So it ultimately doesn't matter.

If anything in wild star I stand still and press even fewer buttons. I have like 3 skills I actually use and one can't be used while moving. Not getting the appeal at all (and it runs like rear end on my PC, which is admittedly probably souring the experience a bit)

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Patch notes are up:
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/6102014/game-update-2.8-spoils-war

Some bits posted:

Bounty Contract Week returns! The event runs from June 10th 12:00 GMT to June 17th 12:00 GMT.

Progress faster with a Double XP Week! Get twice the experience from July 1st 07:00 GMT to July 8th 07:00 GMT.

The Gray Secant has returned from its travels! Participate in the Relics of the Gree event from July 22nd 12:00 GMT to July 29th 12:00 GMT.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Hooooooly poo poo. A double XP WEEK?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It'll be nice to do funday raids with Group Finder. :D

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

quote:

Mass Manipulator Generators no longer drop from every boss in Hard Mode Dread Fortress, and now only drop from Dread Master Brontes as intended.

HM DF run tonight before they remove the MMG rewards?

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 9, 2014

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

Juggernaut

Enraged Defense now lasts a maximum of 10 seconds (down from 40).

well that's loving lovely, still with a 2 minute cooldown

e:

Scrap Peddler Lockbox has been added to the PvP Items vendor on the Republic and Imperial Fleets for 600 Warzone Commendations. This Lockbox gives a random Jawa Scrap item that can be exchanged at the Scrap Peddlers in the Cartel Bazaar.

HMMM i have a ton of commendations to burn, why not. also are the slot machines now active? i want to wast emoney

A Curvy Goonette fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 9, 2014

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
Double XP weekends are fun and all, but why do they announce them a month in advance. I'd rather read whats coming next month when next month is here.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

Double XP weekends are fun and all, but why do they announce them a month in advance. I'd rather read whats coming next month when next month is here.

Some people need advance notice to request time off and to order new socks to poop in.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

They're in a bit of a dry spell content-wise, since housing got pushed back a couple months. Combined with the usual summer drop-off and the Wildstar launch, they're trying to keep people interested.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

Hooooooly poo poo. A double XP WEEK?

Aka "please don't play wildstar" week.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Patch Notes posted:

Assassin
Assassin’s Training now decreases the activation time of Whirlwind by 1 second in addition to its other effects.
Mass Mind Control now taunts NPCs when Dark Charge is active, and lowers threat when Dark Charge is not active.
Reduced the activation time of Phase Walk to 0.5 seconds (down from 1.5 seconds) and increased the maximum duration to 5 minutes (up from 2 minutes).
Lightning Charge, Dark Charge, and Surging Charge no longer require 100 Force to activate, and instead use all available Force regardless of amount.
Lighting Charge’s Lightning Discharge now deals slightly more damage.
Madness (Assassin)

Creeping Terror now deals slightly more damage.
Lingering Nightmares now increases the damage of Crushing Darkness by 16.5/33 percent instead of extending its duration.
Creeping Terror now also triggers the damage and Force regeneration of Lightning Burns.
Haunted Dreams now lowers the activation time of Force Lift by 0.5/1.0 second while Lightning Charge is active.
Shapeless Spirit now enables Mass Mind Control to grant a 15/30 percent reduction in damage taken by 6 seconds.
Raze now has a 100% chance to activate on melee attacks (up from 60%).
Bloodletting now grants a 15/30 percent chance for periodic damage over time effects to trigger Bloodletting, which finishes the cooldown of Assassinate and makes your next Assassinate usable on a target of any health level.

Going to need to find two new tanks tomorrow. :P

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

so do the changes make madness sorc not suck, getting tired of lightning to be honest

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

Aka "please don't play wildstar" week.

Wildstar's that good, eh?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Going to need to find two new tanks tomorrow. :P

Bloodletting now grants a 15/30 percent chance for periodic damage over time effects to trigger Bloodletting, which finishes the cooldown of Assassinate and makes your next Assassinate usable on a target of any health level.

Oh man...that's brutal.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Alter Ego posted:

Wildstar's that good, eh?

eh not really

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

eh not really

It's the first MMO since Age of Conan where I've gone from "this looks like it could be cool" to absolutely loving hating the game by level 10. My beta account found its way through 4 different friends who wanted to try it out and none of them made it past that point either. I forced myself to get to 10 (I think) to get the free hoverboard or something in the live game and by the end of it I'd have literally rather sat staring at a blank wall for an hour rather than playing any more of it.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Juggernaut

Enraged Defense now lasts a maximum of 10 seconds (down from 40).

well that's loving lovely, still with a 2 minute cooldown

Be glad that's all they did to it, PvP-wise it deserves much worse. Last night I hit 1.4m damage and nearly 300k healing in a Civil War on my Guardian running Focus. I laugh my rear end off every time a Lethality Sniper culls me or a Sorc hits instant-Crushing Darkness and my health goes up instead of down.

Now I could easily do those numbers on a hybrid Sage or Mando but neither of those AC's have the extra utility of Guardians (like my nearly 100k protection in the above match as well) which is what makes it insane.

quote:

The Acid Trap Burn effect from the Toxic Sludge in Quesh Huttball Pit is now applied faster, and is no longer avoidable by using abilities that increase the player’s speed.

Aww looks like my Scoundrel is going to have to work for Quesh wins now.

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004
Going to apply to That's no Goon as Miraq.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Be glad that's all they did to it, PvP-wise it deserves much worse. Last night I hit 1.4m damage and nearly 300k healing in a Civil War on my Guardian running Focus. I laugh my rear end off every time a Lethality Sniper culls me or a Sorc hits instant-Crushing Darkness and my health goes up instead of down.

Now I could easily do those numbers on a hybrid Sage or Mando but neither of those AC's have the extra utility of Guardians (like my nearly 100k protection in the above match as well) which is what makes it insane.

Aww looks like my Scoundrel is going to have to work for Quesh wins now.

I have never and will continue to never give a single gently caress about pvp and making pvp-based gameplay decisions that affect pve content is something that pisses me off.

10 seconds wont even last through an entire nefra dot

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

A Curvy Goonette posted:

I have never and will continue to never give a single gently caress about pvp and making pvp-based gameplay decisions that affect pve content is something that pisses me off.

10 seconds wont even last through an entire nefra dot

I have a dps jugg, but that ability was ridiculously overpowered. It was a free heal to full button. I didn't want it nerfed, but I get why they did it.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah, I've been loving my Vig Guardian in PVP and PVE, but Focused Defense was ridiculously overpowered. It's basically a second health bar.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You mean third after your bonus health.

I thought something was done on the PTS to make sure it was still very useful in PvE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

kmzh posted:

Yeah, I've been loving my Vig Guardian in PVP and PVE, but Focused Defense was ridiculously overpowered. It's basically a second health bar.

Either I'm even worse at this game than I thought, or I am not playing in this bizarro world in which anything about my Juggernaut is overpowered :psyduck:

• Locked thread