Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Robawesome posted:

Nobody here is mad, just trying to explain how some watches are priced well and made by reputable brands and some are overpriced fashion brand watches. Telling a friend they've overpaid for an Alienware isn't the same as being mad at them about it. Relax Dundee, you seem awfully hung up on this concept yourself

Robawesome posted:

You wear a fedora, don't you?

Lol.

Just bought a new hat guys.

100% Dundee has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Jun 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Robawesome posted:

Nobody here is mad, just trying to explain how some watches are priced well and made by reputable brands and some are overpriced fashion brand watches. Telling a friend they've overpaid for an Alienware isn't the same as being mad at them about it. Relax Dundee, you seem awfully hung up on this concept yourself

You wear a fedora, don't you?

Translation: no one cares about my invalid opinion, so I'll make an ad hominem attack as a way to avoid reality.

Content: Bought a delicious bahn mi from We (heart) Suki Suki in EAV, ATL. SO GOOD!

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
It's a Trilby, you plebe.

advion posted:

I just bought these to go with my CSP v2s and eventual H/SQ Shifter.

Fanatec CSW

What rim(s) did you get? I'd love a new wheel, but I need a shifter and better pedals first. A load cell brake pedal would be so nice, and the pedal vibration under lockup would be much more helpful than wheel vibration under lockup.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

1redflag posted:

Translation: no one cares about my invalid opinion

Several people agreed. Relax dude. There was no "ad hominem attack" you weird neckbeard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Robawesome posted:

Several people agreed. Relax dude. There was no "ad hominem attack" you weird neckbeard

Shut the gently caress up and get out of this thread, nobody gives a gently caress about your pathetic accessory elitism

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Magic Underwear posted:

Shut the gently caress up and get out of this thread, nobody gives a gently caress about your pathetic accessory elitism

Whoa, somebody is mad

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Some content for the thread that isn't an ugly overpriced Armani watch -

I close on this tomorrow

and this on Friday. Super excited!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Let's keep the dogged fashion prescriptivism in YLLS, where it belongs.

Bought some cycling accessories.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Your watches and shoes are ugly.

Black and Decker Flex for cleaning my car.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Are the blue glasses from the last page good? I dig the color/like wasting money/have poo poo fashion sense.

kanuck
Aug 27, 2004

I must remember to follow my own advice.

PhazonLink posted:

Are the blue glasses from the last page good? I dig the color/like wasting money/have poo poo fashion sense.

Ray Bans are good quality, yes.

Source: working in optical stores fixing glasses for 3 years.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

People mad about watches. Y'all need to sit down and enjoy a delicious beer with me that I just bought:

(except I'm drinking it out of the 1qt bottle :c00lbert:)

Aperture Priority has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Jun 8, 2014

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It's not their Maximus, so you're beer sucks :colbert:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

big mean giraffe posted:

Ignore the bird poop, my work parking lot is apparently the place where every single bird in town goes to crap during the day. Happened the very first day I had it.

Apparently this didn't wanna work so here's a new picture:

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Bottom Liner posted:

It's not their Maximus, so you're beer sucks :colbert:

It's 100° outside and it was in the refrigerated section, any port in a storm.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Robawesome posted:

Some content for the thread that isn't an ugly overpriced Armani watch -

I close on this tomorrow

and this on Friday. Super excited!

Edit: I'm not sure why I called these ugly, I mean they aren't my style and maybe a bit rundown but that does not necessarily make them ugly.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Feb 20, 2019

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Duck and Cover posted:

Speaking of ugly.

Well since he's buying multiple house chances are he's buying rundown buildings to do up and sell on/rent. So yeah they'll look like poo poo that's the point

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Mmmhmm

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Rumda posted:

Well since he's buying multiple house chances are he's buying rundown buildings to do up and sell on/rent. So yeah they'll look like poo poo that's the point

Look like some ugly, knockoff, mall-brand houses to me. Nobody would dare be seen at my country club after purchasing one of those, even for resale.

That's basically the equivalent of buying a broken monster hdmi cable and fixing it up for resale. Way to go and spend your money on bad houses, Rob.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Jesus christ dude grow up and drop the derail already

syrairc
Sep 13, 2006
wait what

On sale, had golf town gift cards. Not the fanciest, but it was within gift card price range!

I also agree about the fashion brand watches. I have bought a couple (guess, armani) in the past and ended up feeling ripped off when I found the fossil equivalent at like half price later on. I imagine not every single one has a cheaper fossil version, but a lot of them do, so thats definitely something to look out for if you really do like the look of the watch and not just the brand name. am definitely not a watch snob, as i am currently wearing an Orient that was like $50 on ebay.

syrairc has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Jun 8, 2014

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Aperture Priority posted:

(except I'm drinking it out of the 1qt bottle :c00lbert:)

I found that so hoppy that it almost tasted dank like hemp. The normal Lagunitas was pretty solid though.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Robawesome posted:

Jesus christ dude grow up and drop the derail already

It's funny because you were the one making passive aggressive comments to somebody who disagreed with you.

You are probably right about what you are saying (I know nothing about watches) but you don't have to be a douchebag about it.

I mean the title of the thread is pretty clear.

For content:

I probably just overpaid for two Papa Johns pizzas after playing a round of golf and am very satisfied.

TJChap2840 has a new favorite as of 01:31 on Jun 9, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rumda posted:

Actually houses in Detroit are so cheap you can afford to lose one or two to the inevitable meth fire.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

LingcodKilla posted:

Actually houses in Detroit are so cheap you can afford to lose one or two to the inevitable meth fire.

That's actually probably a best case scenario for home owners in Detroit.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

CaseFace McGee posted:

It's a Trilby, you plebe.

What rim(s) did you get? I'd love a new wheel, but I need a shifter and better pedals first. A load cell brake pedal would be so nice, and the pedal vibration under lockup would be much more helpful than wheel vibration under lockup.

Got the Formula Rim for now. I want to see what else Fanatec puts out if anything. I'll probably just get the wheel hub next.

I highly recommend getting the CSPv2 pedals they are amazing.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

advion posted:

Got the Formula Rim for now. I want to see what else Fanatec puts out if anything. I'll probably just get the wheel hub next.

I highly recommend getting the CSPv2 pedals they are amazing.

They look like such an improvement over my CSRs. My CSR wheel is still just fine, except I wish the force feedback had some more balls. First on the list, though, is a shifter. I'm staying away from the CSR shifter, since it looks like a toddler's toy. Hopefully I can save up for both by this Thanksgiving, so I can race the poo poo out of them this winter.

Also, don't buy Fossil watches either. They are better than Armani, but only because you are only kinda getting ripped off instead of completely getting ripped off. If you don't want a snooty(kickass) mechanical watch, just get a Timex, Seiko quartz, or even a Citizen Eco-Drive if you want a really well made watch for normal people. Their batteries will last forever and a day, and will be easier to replace. My old Pulsar goes through a battery every two years or less - one of the reasons I went mechanical.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Wanted some deeper bass to add to the stock Shaker 500 system in my Mustang GT so I got a 12" Kicker sub and amp:

Took it to a local guy with a great reputation for installations. He put the gain in the center console with the knob coming through one of the console popout sections so if I ever take it all out it'll be easy to cover up.

The sub and amp were mounted in a custom trunk enclosure from Zenclosures. Fits snugly on the rear right of the trunk and is fairly unobtrusive:

Not a huge fan of Kicker grills but you sort of have to use them because of the way they design their speakers, but the one I used there is certainly preferable to other designs, which look Transformer anuses:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

And it goes to 11 so thats good

advion
Jul 25, 2005

CaseFace McGee posted:

They look like such an improvement over my CSRs. My CSR wheel is still just fine, except I wish the force feedback had some more balls. First on the list, though, is a shifter. I'm staying away from the CSR shifter, since it looks like a toddler's toy. Hopefully I can save up for both by this Thanksgiving, so I can race the poo poo out of them this winter.

Also, don't buy Fossil watches either. They are better than Armani, but only because you are only kinda getting ripped off instead of completely getting ripped off. If you don't want a snooty(kickass) mechanical watch, just get a Timex, Seiko quartz, or even a Citizen Eco-Drive if you want a really well made watch for normal people. Their batteries will last forever and a day, and will be easier to replace. My old Pulsar goes through a battery every two years or less - one of the reasons I went mechanical.

Honestly I would go pedals first then save for a Shifter SQ. Going from a spring brake with a pot to a spring & damper and loadcell is a huge step and it feels so much better. Unless you have CSR Elite pedals already.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
I am in a couple weddings this summer and was in need of some new earrings, so I had some made by a glassworker on etsy in the wedding colors. Pink and green for my brother's, and blue and plum for my best friend's.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Dr. Light posted:

I am in a couple weddings this summer and was in need of some new earrings, so I had some made by a glassworker on etsy in the wedding colors. Pink and green for my brother's, and blue and plum for my best friend's.

Are they plugs? They're really pretty.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

If they are (plugs) mind sharing the name of the etsy seller?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Dr. Light posted:

Imagine 4 earrings on a cliff. Marriage works the same way.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Because apparently here in the future, people run for fun.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Grrl Anachronism posted:

If they are (plugs) mind sharing the name of the etsy seller?

Yep! They are plugs (8mm) from the Etsy vendor Frozenfire. I have a few pairs from him and very highly recommend him. He always has prompt service and they're not too expensive!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Frozenfire

Dr. Light has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Jun 9, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Perry Normal posted:

Because apparently here in the future, people run for fun.

Link for those shirts?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Link for those shirts?

I actually tried to find better images of them online and couldn't. And the website listed on the shirts doesn't work anymore. Maybe they're out of print? I bought them at a Target in Atlantic Canada, if that helps.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Ticket for this (at my local theater):

And for the old school nerd in me:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
I bought boring but impeccable shoes.

And now I have to return them because they're slightly too snug and Amazon doesn't sell EE width.