Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

CrazyTolradi posted:

I'm still not sure what Australian culture is, aside from being ignorant, hating those "boat people" and blaming all your woes on people worse off than you. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thongs and Aussie flag towels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Smegmatron posted:

More like I can't wait for Gen X to finally get the positions they've been waiting on for 15 years, give themselves pay rises of economy-wrecking proportions, and casualise the entire workforce to pay for it.

Unions have been pretty lovely with regards to slowing down casualisation and it makes me very mad. Looking at you, NSWTF.

I'm not familiar with the term casualization, what's that?

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Redeye Flight posted:

Making everyone a casual worker so you can exploit and discard them more efficiently, as opposed to permanent part-time or full time workers.

Casual workers aren't entitled to sick days or annual leave, and firing them is as simple as conveniently not having any shifts to given them anymore.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Redeye Flight posted:

Making sure you don't know whether you're getting paid from one week to the next. It's a very effective way of shutting you down. Completely fucks up the business eventually but since when did managers care.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Abbott's Canadia remarks in context (ie a non-story).

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

HookShot posted:

gently caress off out of my country you tory oval office.

I'm assuming he's in Ottawa, I would legit go and protest if it turns out he was in Vancouver.

Weaksauce. You know what to do, allow Allah to guide your way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:argh: it was only last page!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Those On My Beet posted:

:argh: it was only last page!

It's still something not worth reporting.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's still something not worth reporting.

That's not my point!

edit: I don't really care, just pretend mad.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

I'm still not sure what Australian culture is, aside from being ignorant, hating those "boat people" and blaming all your woes on people worse off than you. Is there anything I'm missing?

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/bogan-hunters/

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Those On My Beet posted:

That's not my point!

edit: I don't really care, just pretend mad.
I woke up late and haven't had coffee yet, so I'm going to blame that.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

CrazyTolradi posted:

Australia is the grouse place to hang out. You can find most of the bonza people there. In Australia you can just bludge and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy, mate" is the Australian motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a bonza time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with mates.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I always think the rest of the world gets a fairly accurate view of Australian culture when they visit Kuta/Legian.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
dont know if this has been posted but here is our senator-elect from SA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8JigdT6Bc0

i kind of feel a resignation or suicide coming on tbh, the poor guy looks like he's about to throw up from nervousness and it's only going to be harder next time after this effort

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
gently caress off oval office, hes a tru blu aussie battla.

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
So he's getting paid $200,000 a year to not know what the gently caress he's doing. Fits right in tbh.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I'm more than happy for a lovable buffoon to take the place of another soulless, Identikit Party Man

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
It is impossible for the Australian Parliament to get any more ludicrous than it already is

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender

i got banned posted:

So he's getting paid $200,000 a year to not know what the gently caress he's doing. Fits right in tbh.

Actually he's being paid $200,000 p.a. to be representative of the Australian public. He's basically perfect.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Mr Chips posted:

Racist anti-immigration sentiment in Australia doesn't make any sort of sense: http://www.smh.com.au/national/on-the-march-20140602-39d0h.html

Man, I have my future mother-in-law staying with us at the moment. She is originally from Russia, moved to Australia and is now in London. Most of her Russian relatives are in Sydney and are all fairly right wing (as they see anyone left of the Liberals being communists).

As a group they love baiting me and my fiance about politics as they know I am incredibly passionate. I spent hours last night arguing with them about

Multiculturalism has failed - which my response was gently caress off, you guys are a perfect example of it working

People on the dole are bludgers - even though they and their parents were initially on it when they arrived

Some story about Muslims wanting to have a womens only day at a local swimming pool. She was upset that there was even a debate as they should accept our values. I argued that openly debating an issue before voting on it is a far more Australian value than a women's only day.

We should cut more public servants, since none of them work. Example was she had to wait 15 minutes at Medicare to get served - so you want to cut more staff?

Greens don't have polices

Greens should have a different name as they aren't just about the environment. So should Labor and Liberals change theirs? No - that's different because

The best was the one completing a PhD who said that she didn't want to see figures or reports because they are no better than opinion and beliefs

Sorry - just wanted to rant. We were only meant to be there for lunch - but we stayed for 9 loving hours with these people. I love my fiance, she is awesome and far more passionate about this than me. But her family :commissar:

I am proud that I got my dad who is a cop to vote Greens in the last election and now has arguments at work with other cops :3:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Haters Objector posted:

It is impossible for the Australian Parliament to get any more ludicrous than it already is

We almost had that sports dude, does that count.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Haters Objector posted:

I can't help but feel this is tempting fate.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Haters Objector posted:

Regular brawls on the House floor?

Bring back the biff.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

The Sports guy actually sounded well-spoken and somewhat knowledgeable about politics, and to my understanding has never been involved in a poo fight

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

i got banned posted:

Even I know how to say CANADA. And I'm just a lowly road worker.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Haters Objector posted:

The Sports guy actually sounded well-spoken and somewhat knowledgeable about politics, and to my understanding has never been involved in a poo fight
Does giving himself a roo poo mustache count?

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
yeah i quite liked the sports guy he was basically tring to encourage kids to play more sport and eat less mcdonalds and xbox and other than that seemed vaguely social democrat-y centreish

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Chris Pynes Knob posted:

yeah i quite liked the sports guy he was basically tring to encourage kids to play more sport and eat less mcdonalds and xbox and other than that seemed vaguely social democrat-y centreish

But you don't need a micro party on SPORTS to encourage healthy eating and exercise. The health minister of both major parties would hopefully have that in mind already. Besides, I think we have enough sports on our TV daily- We don't need it in parliament house too.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

What, me Tory?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Systematic posted:

But you don't need a micro party on SPORTS to encourage healthy eating and exercise. The health minister of both major parties would hopefully have that in mind already. Besides, I think we have enough sports on our TV daily- We don't need it in parliament house too.

I don't think Peter Dutton has ever had much in his mind

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Haters Objector posted:

I thought he was the only one who was filmed literally playing with kangaroo feces.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

SynthOrange posted:

I thought he was the only one who was filmed literally playing with kangaroo feces.

nooo thats the car guy not the sports guy

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Car, sports, its all the same right?

Also:

quote:

Tony Abbott tells Russia to stop bullying Ukraine
:popcorn:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I just picture Abbott and Putin having a battle royale in their bathers

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010
Regarding the sports guy, Wayne Dropulich I used to play in the Grid iron west league during the time he was a club president and the league president. The club he was president of was from the rich north western suburbs of Perth. There was an incident when a bunch supporters from his club was racially abusing players and spectators from my club. He didn't really see the problem with this until all the other clubs presidents got together and told him racism isn't cool. I can't say I know his politics, but know the club and league he ran, I am glad that he is no where near any real power, plenty of rich white guys in parliament already.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Redeye Flight posted:

http://www.actu.org.au/Images/Dynam...20workforce.pdf

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

New friendly jordies out.

Can't link - on phone, it's great though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Holy poo poo, The Australian apparently makes money sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Holy poo poo, The Australian apparently makes money sometimes.
[citation required]

• Locked thread