Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That is one giant rear end creepy baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Johnny Aztec posted:

That is one giant rear end creepy baby.

best snypa

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Too bad the next panel isn't Cyke going, that's it, I am done, gently caress this bullshit.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

DisMafugga posted:

Uncanny X-men Vol. 1, No.296, January 1993

Jean's got the widest pelvis

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

DisMafugga posted:

That's just MODOK without his make-up.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Cangelosi posted:

That's just MODOK without his make-up.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
What possible reference could that artist have for that baby.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Probably Magic posted:

Andre the Giant?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DisMafugga posted:

I hope the next panel is like that one in Astonishing where Cyclops takes off his visor to wipe out the Sentinel on the lawn.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DisMafugga posted:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Probably Magic posted:

A normal one, but 5 inches away

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MVP posted:

Well it is a pretty big baby!

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I'm golf clapping right now irl, great edit

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Cangelosi posted:

I'll be darned. You're right. It's lucky Spidey got to them first before Canada's number one drug vigilante crew

I remember when those comics came out when I was a kid. They were FREE, so I had a dozen copies because I grabbed one every time I went anywhere giving them out.

Elsewhere Canada, Batman was busy stopping the Joker at the Calgary Stampede as part of the 125th Anniversary celebrations to promote literacy.

Guess which department store chain sponsored it.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 9, 2014

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Man, now I'm remembering this comic where Spider-man had to talk down some kid whose power was summoning copious amounts of cigarette smoke that would smother people and somehow cause the buildings they were in to explode. Anyone remember that one?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can give you Smokescreen, but I can't confirm the building exploding because for some reason Marvel hasn't put their campy PSA comics on Unlimited.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

DisMafugga posted:

Finally, a worse baby than Larry Stroman's lump-baby.

However, still not as bad as Ross Campbell's sexy babies.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I remember when those comics came out when I was a kid. They were FREE, so I had a dozen copies because I grabbed one every time I went anywhere giving them out.

Elsewhere Canada, Batman was busy stopping the Joker at the Calgary Stampede as part of the 125th Anniversary celebrations to promote literacy.

Guess which department store chain sponsored it.

I'm reading through the Knightfall volumes now and I have to say that, it's a small thing, but I'm still impressed that this Zellers comic artist stayed on model in keeping the Batmobile consistent with the design of the time.

Edit: also, wtf "there's always a Zellers nearby". Those things weren't convenience stores. You had to go to a mall.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Ghostlight posted:

I can give you Smokescreen, but I can't confirm the building exploding because for some reason Marvel hasn't put their campy PSA comics on Unlimited.

Definitely not the same villain, he wore a trenchcoat and hat. This also would have been a late-80s/early-90s PSA comic, I think, as I remember also having one with the Fantastic Four and the Black Panther fighting some villain that brought out Ben Grimm's latent racism and made him fight the Black Panther for a while.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MVP posted:

And her legs make no sense at all.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
Brandon Peterson's come a long way.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Well it is a pretty big baby!

It looks like very early Jim Lee.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Spider-Man, Storm & Power Man Discover the Truth About Benghazi

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I had asthma as a kid and I remember some PSA comic where Captain America fought some dude whose supervillain power was giving kids asthma.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

I had asthma as a kid and I remember some PSA comic where Captain America fought some dude whose supervillain power was giving kids asthma.

Captain America Meets The Asthma Monster

He comes back in a sequel where he has minions made out of pet fur and dust, and reformed at the end.

Captain America: Return of the Asthma Monster

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

WickedHate posted:

Captain America Meets The Asthma Monster

He comes back in a sequel where he has minions made out of pet fur and dust, and reformed at the end.

Captain America: Return of the Asthma Monster

Cap: "Well then, I guess that means America can now breathe easy."

*everyone laughs*
*freeze frame*

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I used to have a comic where Captain America battled drug dealers who were selling something that was not cocaine but clearly was (it was called "Ice" or something), but I can't find it now. It had an amazing section where someone calls him out on the fact that he is a superhero because he took what were basically steroids.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I remember Ghost Rider scaring the poo poo out of some kids for not wearing their bike helmets.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lobok posted:

Cap: "Well then, I guess that means America can now breathe easy."

*everyone laughs*
*freeze frame*

"CREATED BY ZUCKER, ABRAHAMS & ZUCKER"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Metal Loaf posted:

"CREATED BY ZUCKER, ABRAHAMS & ZUCKER"

"CREATED BY STRUCKER, ERSKINE & ZEMO."

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I used to have a comic where Captain America battled drug dealers who were selling something that was not cocaine but clearly was (it was called "Ice" or something), but I can't find it now. It had an amazing section where someone calls him out on the fact that he is a superhero because he took what were basically steroids.

I'm pretty sure that's Streets of Poison and it also featured Kingpin and Red Skull fighting each other in their underwear inside of a force bubble to decide the fate of the distribution of the drug, the fight ending with Kingpin falling on top of Red Skull and pinning him beneath his bulk. No homo.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I remember Ghost Rider scaring the poo poo out of some kids for not wearing their bike helmets.

One of those slow days of punishing the wicked

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wade Wilson posted:

Definitely not the same villain, he wore a trenchcoat and hat. This also would have been a late-80s/early-90s PSA comic, I think, as I remember also having one with the Fantastic Four and the Black Panther fighting some villain that brought out Ben Grimm's latent racism and made him fight the Black Panther for a while.
They did redesign Smokescreen for an 80s/90s reissue, but it was less trenchcoat and more Black Panther in a cape - so I guess he's still out.

My first guess on the second would be literally Hitler (Hatemonger), but having recently powered through FF issues up into the mid-90s (man that reboot was loving awful) there's definitely no issue featuring both him and Black Panther. Unfortunately, googling variations of "racist" and "Fantastic Four/Thing" just brings up hundreds of thousands of awful discussions about the new movie.

Lurdiak posted:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Since we're talking superhero PSAs, am I just remembering wrong that there was a comic where Superman delved into some kid's mind to teach him about the dangers of driving without a seat belt? Because I can find info on a Supergirl comic with that plot, but I distinctly remember (a) Superman going flying through a windshield in the kid's head and (b) some sort of war scenario (Vietnam?) that isn't one of the dream scenarios listed in the summary of the Supergirl one.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Since we're talking superhero PSAs, am I just remembering wrong that there was a comic where Superman delved into some kid's mind to teach him about the dangers of driving without a seat belt? Because I can find info on a Supergirl comic with that plot, but I distinctly remember (a) Superman going flying through a windshield in the kid's head and (b) some sort of war scenario (Vietnam?) that isn't one of the dream scenarios listed in the summary of the Supergirl one.

Sadly I have the Supergirl issue you're referring to. I'll skim through it later to see if there's anything worth sharing.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

DisMafugga posted:

Sadly I have the Supergirl issue you're referring to.
No, see, there's lots of info on that Supergirl issue, but I could swear I've seen one where it was Superman who was in the guy's head.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I used to have a comic where Captain America battled drug dealers who were selling something that was not cocaine but clearly was (it was called "Ice" or something)

Unfortunately, there is only one character involved with cocaine that is awesome.

SNOWFLAME!!!

(New Guardians #2)

I just love how it's not just a couple lines he has to do to gain his superpowers but goddamned fistfuls.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's not a PSA, but there was a Sons of Midnight issue where a ghost straight murders three people,for mentioning the superstition of lighting three cigarettes off of one match. I sometimes miss the old weird rear end cause and effect chains in comics.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Unfortunately, there is only one character involved with cocaine that is awesome.

SNOWFLAME!!!

(New Guardians #2)

I just love how it's not just a couple lines he has to do to gain his superpowers but goddamned fistfuls.

There was a Snowflame webcomic but it sadly ended http://www.snowflamecomic.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

X-Men, Vol. 1, No. 51 (April, 1996)

• Locked thread