Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Getting around the obscenity filter reminds me of trying to string together obscene phrases out of the pre-fab words in Pokemon Diamond.

And like Pokemon Diamond, this game does not consider "PLEASE ACCEPT MY ROCK-SOLID LOCOMOTIVE!" to be obscene, so of course I always recommend it as a pick-up line. (100% success rate so far.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Married life is very weird on a tomodachi island. You spend all day at home, and at night you and your spouse go to your separate apartments to sleep. Your house is also about 1/30th the size of the apartment building.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Someone Awful! posted:

Well maybe that's because you're not a Psychic-type, Bellsprout. Duh. :rolleyes:

I'm loving this. Solid Snake fell in love with Sailor Moon but got shot down hard, so he hooked her up with Luigi, instead, which went a lot better.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

In my game, not counting my self-insert I have the inner Sailor Senshi, Yu Narukami & Rise Kujikawa, Shinji Ikari and Asuka, and Lelouch.

I plan on adding a few more when I get home.

Mind sharing your sailor moon qr codes? I couldn't find much for them on the miicharacters site.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Nevermind, rap battles are unfunny compared to intruding on dreams/Shaq's life advice on battling carnivorous chicken noodle soup.

Made funnier by the fact that I have him normally wearing an ice cream hat.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
If you haven't tried it, the Night Market at the theme park is great. $50 gets you three random new clothing and/or food items, which will go on sale in your shops once you get them.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Mind sharing your sailor moon qr codes? I couldn't find much for them on the miicharacters site.

You really don't want mine.

They're bad.

Here's what they look like.

Poisonary
Dec 2, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Married life is very weird on a tomodachi island. You spend all day at home, and at night you and your spouse go to your separate apartments to sleep. Your house is also about 1/30th the size of the apartment building.
I thought it was weird that my boyfriend's Mii slept in his apartment but my Mii was sleeping in the house. Then I went to look at her.

It's probably because she sleeps like that.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My Mii and my spouse sleep together at night, they kind of spend some time at home and between apartments. But its really strange having them live in two places at once.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Me, Naruto, and Carl took a trip to Glorious Nippon

Here's Robocop being accosted by a Ninja
(when he's sad he hangs his head and says "officer down")

Here's Charlie Brown being accosted by me

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
This game is great

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
This game is weird. First I steal a door handle from Tyrion Lannister's dream, then I find out you can draw on their faces while they sleep.

I also imported Matt Rorie's mii from the Giant Bomb stream.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

i like tacos posted:

This game is great

Yeah, this game claims that I have a 100% compatibility rating with Jessica Alba. It says so on my compatibility tester leaderboard.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Goddamn the AI is loving brutal at the match 2 cards minigame

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

Rocketlex posted:

DEAR GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

For such a simple game, I am having way too much fun with this.

In my game, [ERROR] is now in a relationship with Garfield.

A match made in heaven.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
Surprise Weedles, its a move in code!
Edit: And it is gone! To those who didn't win, have some terribad Miis!

Tnega fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 10, 2014

x239marine
Jun 20, 2009

'Thank you, I'm here till Duke's Day!
Here's a spare EU Welcome Version code

A04N9WDE1N8BU49Q

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I finally bothered to change the time on my 3DS for DST because of the clock in this game and I know it's been more than 24 hours, but I still haven't gotten any shop updates! Come on, Nintendo, this is your fault for not having it auto-update in the first place! :argh:

I just want to play dress up with dolls as a grown man! :negative:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

x239marine posted:

Here's a spare EU Welcome Version code

A04N9WDE1N8BU49Q
Someone else seems to of grabbed this and not said anything.

Yeti Yeti Yeti
Mar 27, 2010

Tnega posted:

Surprise Weedles, its a move in code!
A04VV8UT1W5NJL3G

Used this. thanks!

x239marine
Jun 20, 2009

'Thank you, I'm here till Duke's Day!

Crawfish posted:

Someone else seems to of grabbed this and not said anything.

Ah well, lets hope they have fun with it :commissar:

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Have a couple more demo codes (US version, if it matters):

A04P4W0B03WRH505 Taken!

A04SMTNC1W0W3HX0 Also taken!

ElTacoGato fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 9, 2014

ZarquonHigardi
Mar 27, 2010

ElTacoGato posted:

A04P4W0B03WRH505

A04SMTNC1W0W3HX0

Thanks, snagged the first code!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Is there a way to change your island's export? I don't think my wife needs a million straw hats.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

Is there a way to change your island's export? I don't think my wife needs a million straw hats.

No. It was pretty clear when you made the choice that it is a permanent selection.

I'm exporting white camo hats. They look terrible.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Ebenezer posted:

No. It was pretty clear when you made the choice that it is a permanent selection.

I'm exporting white camo hats. They look terrible.

I ended up doing Jacket and Skirt combos in generic grey.

If I made a chie it would be perfect for her.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I'm exporting badass sunglasses. :dealwithit: Actually they look really dumb but my other choices weren't much better... Aah well, I've only ever streetpassed one person since getting a 3DS anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Uh, started up the game today and there's no new food/clothes/etc

Is there any way to skip the clock ahead because it feels like I got robbed

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I ended up doing Jacket and Skirt combos in generic grey.

If I made a chie it would be perfect for her.

I have a Chie and my export was the Jacket and Skirt in Dark Blue. So close...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Uh, started up the game today and there's no new food/clothes/etc

Is there any way to skip the clock ahead because it feels like I got robbed

It could be you played around with the 3DS clock? Changing the time in this game will stop all the shops from restocking for 24 hours apparently (1-2 days according to the manual)

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ElTacoGato posted:

A04SMTNC1W0W3HX0

Stole this one, thanks!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

pichupal posted:

I have a Chie and my export was the Jacket and Skirt in Dark Blue. So close...

It could be you played around with the 3DS clock? Changing the time in this game will stop all the shops from restocking for 24 hours apparently (1-2 days according to the manual)

I didn't mess with the clock as far as I know. That's frustrating.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I messed with it once because I missed most of a day and my Mii's were all sleeping by the time I got on.

Then I switched it back. So everything still restocked today at 6.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

You can put Ikea furniture in your Mii's apartments. :laugh: This is the best game.

(The design is called "Scandinavian.")

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Is the Nintendo nostalgia room one of the random daily ones for sale or is it one of the ones you need to level a Mii up to get?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

One thing is I wish I could see what hair spray will make my character look like before I apply it. I wasted two dyes getting Lucina's hair color look right

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
So, I moved in my Mii-self, my Mii-boyfriend and a handful of other Miis I downloaded. Everything was going great, people wanting to be friends, rap battles, hats, it was awesome.

Then one day Tony Stark said he thought Louis C. K. needed a girlfriend. Apparently my Mii-self was the perfect woman for Louis. Now he claims he wants to spend all of his free time snuggling.

I'm a little creeped out.

Meanwhile, my boyfriend's Mii wears a wife beater, loves is Dutch milkmaid hat, and does situps all night. The complete opposite of his actual self.

Question: has anyone tried the upload tool from the game? I was trying to upload to tumblr and it won't login. Should I not bother?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Poor Snake....

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

topenga posted:

Question: has anyone tried the upload tool from the game? I was trying to upload to tumblr and it won't login. Should I not bother?
I tried logging into Twitter (to post a pic from Tomodachi) and the first time it wouldn't log me in. I had to exit out, go back to the game and then try again and then it worked. Not sure if the same problem might affect Tumblr.

Ern Malley
Nov 11, 2005

:d: :d: :d:
On my island, Lenin is dating Bjork (who is best friends with Nicki Minaj), and the Dalai Lama is dating a random woman from Streetpass. Meanwhile, Kain (from FFIV) is saying he wishes he had better hair. This game is great.

Have some NA demo codes!
edit: the codes are taken! You are welcome, the two posters below me.

Ern Malley fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 9, 2014

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Ern Malley posted:

A04V VNHL 1DSL J2RH

I took this one. Thanks! I've been hoping to try this stupid game? before I buy it.

e: their download servers are bad.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Ern Malley posted:

Have some NA demo codes!

A04VVAAW0S5FQJVL

Went ahead and took this one. Thanks!

• Locked thread