Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp
I wanted to draw The Adventures of Benny but I felt like I'd get probated for helldumping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The E/N comics thread was a great thread and I wonder if we have enough material to sustain another one. Benny certainly could inspire a whole bunch of them.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 9, 2014

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

You know what happens when you ask and try for something? You can get it, or not get it and know what to do for next time if it is important for you enough.

I'm busting my rear end at multiple jobs, and I found out that I am going to be transitioning into a higher position at my main job and that I got accepted into a master's program over the weekend, in a study that I do not have previous college experience then.

Learning the necessary skills and information to do a job is fine and dandy, but what you need is to better your skill retention, how fast you can pick up said skills, and not do things half assed. At the very least learn expected social customs and norms so you don't think it's a good idea to call out with lame excuses.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HiHo ChiRho posted:

You know what happens when you ask and try for something? You can get it, or not get it and know what to do for next time if it is important for you enough.

I'm busting my rear end at multiple jobs, and I found out that I am going to be transitioning into a higher position at my main job and that I got accepted into a master's program over the weekend, in a study that I do not have previous college experience then.

Learning the necessary skills and information to do a job is fine and dandy, but what you need is to better your skill retention, how fast you can pick up said skills, and not do things half assed. At the very least learn expected social customs and norms so you don't think it's a good idea to call out with lame excuses.

Your new to this thread, no?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Impatient Skype JO posted:

I wanted to draw The Adventures of Benny but I felt like I'd get probated for helldumping

Do it and only post the non-helldumpy ones publicly

PM me the rest

Aqua Bear posted:

Benny, just close this thread and take the ban. It's been open for almost a year and a half and you haven't done poo poo besides convince your mom to let you keep your loving comics in the house, so congratulations on that. Come back when you get a paycheck and can afford another account.

GAS

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Darth123123 posted:

Your new to this thread, no?

Sadly no. I just hope the advice somehow leads to an attempted assault charge with a shopping cart.

OldMandog
Sep 4, 2011
I think instead of jut taping Benny sit around his house all day- we could have him try a new job every week. We could ape the format of that 'dirty jobs' show. Then we can see Benny get fired in new and exciting ways. Plus having an episode of Benny doing a ride along with the LAPD would be the best thing ever.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
At this point Benny should just sell his organs. All of them.

Lindsay LoHan solo
Apr 17, 2014

This makes no sense, I know.
This thread is creepy.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Lindsay LoHan solo posted:

This thread is creepy.

Think of the internet as a Human Zoo and it makes more sense.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Accretionist posted:

Think of the internet as a Human Zoo and it makes more sense.

I mean that's kinda always been the purpose of en.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Lindsay LoHan solo posted:

This thread is creepy.

Some of it's even vaguely abusive. A poor sap who always comes crawling back for another round of 'hurr benny you're no good at stuff, don't even try, you don't have the right to feel good till Something Awful deems it'

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

Some of it's even vaguely abusive. A poor sap who always comes crawling back for another round of 'hurr benny you're no good at stuff, don't even try, you don't have the right to feel good till Something Awful deems it'

To be fair, there isn't a whole lot he should feel good about during the last year+.

The insurance people are sort of creepy though.

GodsGiftToWomen
Jan 26, 2004
Providing women with sexual pleasure since 1983
Gun Saliva
I am willing to drop $100 towards bringing this thread to a conclusion.

I'll kickstarter towards a reality television show or buy several boxes of shipped books. Let's get some teeth fixed and this boy either gainfully employed or on disability.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Wouldn't a creepy internet show about Benny's life be more productive than anything he's currently doing? Is it really so bad? WE'VE GOT E/N JOB CREATORS HERE.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Magnus Gallant posted:

Benny, books!!

Books!

Give me books!

Sell them to me.

gently caress off scrub! He's saving the books for the good buyers.

GodsGiftToWomen
Jan 26, 2004
Providing women with sexual pleasure since 1983
Gun Saliva
I kind of want a Benny the Snake autographed library book.

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

Dude, it's been a year and a half. Everyone here has given him resources, advice and encouragement and he's done jack poo poo with it. People have pretty much said to accept that he's good at nothing and just settle for finding a job, period. He has every right to feel good about something, but there is literally nothing in his life to really feel good about right now, and it's all his own fault. He hosed up his insurance because he decided to stick his thumb up his rear end rather than be a functioning adult and look into getting it taken care of himself. Being someone who needs meds for his mental health so he can function, insurance is pretty loving important. People gave him endless sources of info and help for him to get on a plan and his dicked around and waited for mommy to take care of it instead.

"Hurr benny, don't even try."

We don't have to tell him to not try. We beg him to try. He sits back and laughs and pretty much says 'nope :) '

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GodsGiftToWomen posted:

I kind of want a Benny the Snake autographed library book.

Uhhhh welllll actually guys, I made up the whole thing about volunteering at a library :downs:

I have started writing again though

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Benny the Snake posted:

Uhhhh welllll actually guys, I made up the whole thing about volunteering at a library :downs:

I have started writing again though

Not even surprised at this point, really.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I'm surprised that it took this long for everyone to turn on Benny. There used to be at least a few people giving legitimate advice for him to ignore.

Close the thread, Benny. You don't even have to get off your rear end to do it.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Aqua Bear posted:

I'm surprised that it took this long for everyone to turn on Benny. There used to be at least a few people giving legitimate advice for him to ignore.

Close the thread, Benny. You don't even have to get off your rear end to do it.

Nah there are still people defending him, not nearly as many though.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'd like for him to improve and keep the thread open, but I'm...pessimistic. I'm not gonna waste my time with effort posts trying to help but that doesn't mean I don't want it to happen.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I will wait for the round of applause I receive for turning the thread on Benny by pointing out his total lack of Diploma.

Someone make Gang Tags.

Snake Thunderdome

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I will wait for the round of applause I receive for turning the thread on Benny by pointing out his total lack of Diploma.

Someone make Gang Tags.

Snake Thunderdome

I think people called it into question earlier due to his AWFUL writing. Back then people hadn't grown sick of his poo poo though so they still defended his based on sad brains.

One of my favorite quotes from Benny earlier in this thread

quote:

I'm an honest person and as much as I'd like other people to be honest with me back, I'm very much aware that people aren't honest as I am. I might be naive but I am by no means stupid.

Robot_Rumpus fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 9, 2014

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Pfft what's all this talk about closing the thread? There's comedy gold in here! I lost it at "I am proud to announce that I am applying for some loving job". We gotta keep the hope alive that one day Benny will do a thing.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I contacted Magnus Gallant about selling him books. My supervisor says special orders are kosher. He handles the sales, not me since I'm just a volunteer. We've also figured out that selling 50 cent books a la carte isn't getting us anywhere. So we're going bundling. By author, genre, or series. I'm also going to start listing bestsellers. We're sticking to CL since we can post for free and not have a percent of our sales go to the site. To further incentivize customers, I'm putting "All proceeds go to the library" in the post. People feel better about buying things if it goes to a good cause, after all. I'm considering buying books on the cheap here and flipping them online, but I'd need to find a bestseller in really good condition. I'll be keeping an eye out. Oh yeah, if anybody here is interested in buying books on the cheap, PM me and we can work something out.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

Benny the Snake posted:

I contacted Magnus Gallant about selling him books. My supervisor says special orders are kosher. He handles the sales, not me since I'm just a volunteer. We've also figured out that selling 50 cent books a la carte isn't getting us anywhere. So we're going bundling. By author, genre, or series. I'm also going to start listing bestsellers. We're sticking to CL since we can post for free and not have a percent of our sales go to the site. To further incentivize customers, I'm putting "All proceeds go to the library" in the post. People feel better about buying things if it goes to a good cause, after all. I'm considering buying books on the cheap here and flipping them online, but I'd need to find a bestseller in really good condition. I'll be keeping my eye out. Oh yeah, if anybody here is interested in buying books on the cheap, PM me and we can work something out.

I might think about this although I don't urgently need any books right now, so it'd probably be based on what you posted publicly.

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?

Starter Wiggin posted:

HEY BENNY, HOW ABOUT AMERICORPS/JOBCORPS?
Or is it still not time for your "nuclear options"?

Please just any answer will do.

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp

Krotera posted:

I might think about this although I don't urgently need any books right now, so it'd probably be based on what you posted publicly.

Watch Benny accidently order a hit on you.

Alkaiser
Mar 17, 2009

Benny the Snake posted:

I contacted Magnus Gallant about selling him books. My supervisor says special orders are kosher. He handles the sales, not me since I'm just a volunteer. We've also figured out that selling 50 cent books a la carte isn't getting us anywhere. So we're going bundling. By author, genre, or series. I'm also going to start listing bestsellers. We're sticking to CL since we can post for free and not have a percent of our sales go to the site. To further incentivize customers, I'm putting "All proceeds go to the library" in the post. People feel better about buying things if it goes to a good cause, after all. I'm considering buying books on the cheap here and flipping them online, but I'd need to find a bestseller in really good condition. I'll be keeping an eye out. Oh yeah, if anybody here is interested in buying books on the cheap, PM me and we can work something out.

This will be the Benny fable where he trades a rare book for magic beans.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Benny the Snake posted:

Hey great, I'm glad you've done something to help sell books.

I still think you should close the thread. I have a horrible feeling about this book selling idea.

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm considering buying books on the cheap here and flipping them online, but I'd need to find a bestseller in really good condition.

So the whole point of this was to impress your supervisor and perhaps get some sort of permanent thing but you're considering buying them from the library and selling 'the really good ones' for yourself? You know this is a conflict of interest and a pretty lovely thing to do, right? That'd be like buying things at cost if you had a real job and selling it out of the back of a truck, undercutting your place of work. Do you even consider things like this before saying them out loud?

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Benny I want embroidery books but the effort it would take to PM you would basically be the same it would take to look them up on Amazon and buy them for ~$1 each plus free shipping.

Plus, you know, I'm still kind of pissed at you for blocking me on AIM after all that I sincerely tried to help you. Get your rear end in therapy, and get your drat teeth fixed.

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

Benny the Snake posted:

hahah lol jesus christ

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

superv0zz posted:

You know this is a conflict of interest and a pretty lovely thing to do, right? That'd be like buying things at cost if you had a real job and selling it out of the back of a truck, undercutting your place of work. Do you even consider things like this before saying them out loud?

I was wondering about this as well.

I'm more worried about Benny being in charge of sales and handling money because I don't think he should be given that responsibility. I'm not trying to be a dick, but he should not be allowed to handle money unless he's carefully supervised. I guess his boss is in charge of that?

But really, he should focus on getting a job, or disability, or what the gently caress ever. Not this book selling poo poo. Goddamn Benny what gently caress

edit: Just open up a lemonade stand in front of the library if you're so intent on being a child.

Greg Legg fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 10, 2014

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

Aqua Bear posted:

But really, he should focus on getting a job, or disability, or what the gently caress ever. Not this book selling poo poo. Goddamn Benny what gently caress

I feel like things like this are the reason he can't get / keep a job. He seems to have no concept of reality or how things work in the real world. He honestly seems to have the mentality of someone in their early teens.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aqua Bear posted:

I was wondering about this as well.

I'm more worried about Benny being in charge of sales and handling money because I don't think he should be given that responsibility. I'm not trying to be a dick, but he should not be allowed to handle money unless he's carefully supervised. I guess his boss is in charge of that?

We're talking $20 max here. Plus incentivization.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
You could literally make more money per week selling blood plasma or something. I would have said sperm, but for christ sake please don't breed ever Benny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
I have this horrible feeling that Benny selling books for the library will somehow result in the library being shut down. I don't know how, but it's this nagging suspicion.

Also, you want to buy the good books from the library and flip them yourself for a higher profit? That sounds like such a dick thing to do. rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread