Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wow, I thought you were confused with Capcom's Kabu Trader Shun but no, Kojima made a stock trader game for DS, too. I know the Capcom game is more in the vein of Ace Attorney, but what's Kojima's game like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Mostly cutscenes.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
I'm just going back and rewatching the series again (halfway through season 9), and I would like to say that Season 9 is probably one of my favorites upon re-watching so far. The first interactions with Nakayama are really good.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

I just found out that there is a secret second ending to Mutekiken Kung Fu. Once you complete the game a second time, you get to move to your master. Instead, kick him in the face and go hug your girlfriend.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
That's kind of a given based on the fact that it's mentioned in one of the magazines. I'm a bit confused about the ending to the MASA-X version of Cosmic Gate myself: I beat it once for the hell of it but didn't get a gloriously mangled screenful of Engrish cooked up by Aaron. I guess I shouldn't have used a rainbow warp in one of the levels?

I've been in a habit of beating the games individually, Wiz-Man's got a real bitch of a final stage and Demon Returns can be pretty drat hard too if the RNG decides to be an rear end, but Ace Detective 1 felt pretty short with the amount of stuff it had left after you complete all the challenges. I suppose that's why there's a second part but still.

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011

sansuki posted:

I just found out that there is a secret second ending to Mutekiken Kung Fu.

That's not the only thing you can do there, even! Try a punch instead.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Guess who's Mii just showed up in NoJ's digital press conference?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

ChaosArgate posted:

Guess who's Mii just showed up in NoJ's digital press conference?

I like that he was shown there along with Lincoln and Elijah Wood.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The US version of that conference got an Ice-T Mii instead of Arino.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Could I get a link to this video stream?

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
Ice-T confirmed for GCCX: USA Edition.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Hokuto posted:

Could I get a link to this video stream?

Here's the Youtube archive of the American version of the Nintendo Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GisRY6h100U

I imagine whatever Nintendo's Japanese Youtube account is would have that version.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Makes sense. Theyre so hard to tell apart, its an easy mistake to make.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I imagine whatever Nintendo's Japanese Youtube account is would have that version.

I saw the American one, but I can't find the Japanese Youtube channel after searching.

Edit: Never mind, found it

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 10, 2014

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why does Arino's Mii look nothing like him?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Hokuto posted:

I saw the American one, but I can't find the Japanese Youtube channel after searching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey1vjwgpKoE#t=05m55s

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Thank you!

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
If the card for Arino doesn't say Arino Kacho's On then I'll be disappointed

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

This would not surprise me. I keep meaning to listen to his gaming podcast.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

bpc908 posted:

If the card for Arino doesn't say Arino Kacho's On then I'll be disappointed

It just says "Chief Arino Joins the Battle!"

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Yeah, the Japanese intro images don't seem to have customized vocabulary for joining the fight.

Robodemon
Sep 14, 2008
Has no one mentioned that Kibe is doing writing on the Sega Hard Girls Anime adaptation? I thought that was pretty amusing.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Robodemon posted:

Sega Hard Girls Anime

This sounds incredibly like something we probably shouldn't pay attention to.

thetrout
May 10, 2013
Is there a QR code of Arino's "official" Mii floating around anywhere?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Today (June 11th) is Former AP Nakayama's birthday, so send the man a message on Twitter!
@Poco_SP_Dragon

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 11, 2014

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

This would not surprise me. I keep meaning to listen to his gaming podcast.

Off-topic, but I've been meaning to do so ever since I heard about an episode wherein he described recording a D&D audiobook that his agent booked him for without his knowledge:

Ice-T posted:

"Son, it took me 3.5 hours to read 25 pages."

"Motherfuckers talk like Yoda."

"This poo poo is impossible to me."

"Pegasus....Pegasi. That's horses with wings. This poo poo is crazy."

"This motherfucker got a sword that talks to him. And poo poo."

"Motherfuckers live in places that don't exist."

After plenty of D&D nerds got Internet Mad, Ice-T made sure to explain that he had no beef with D&D in general:

Ice-T posted:

"I want to give a special shoutout to all the Dungeons & Dragons people...y'all have been phenomenal."

"I have nothing against dungeons and dragons, geeks, or nerds I told you I just hate dumb fucks."

"What wouldn't Ice-T like about a dungeon…or a motherfuckin' dragon? That poo poo sounds dope to me."

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

Tenkaichi Bushi KeruNaguuru (ケルナグール).

That is correct.

YouTubeTekReviewer
Apr 25, 2005

Anyone have a nice, high-res copy of the Arino no Chousenjou 2 cover? I'd like to print one out to keep my flashcart with the game in. Generally I pull them from thecoverproject.net but they don't have anything.

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!

Robodemon posted:

Has no one mentioned that Kibe is doing writing on the Sega Hard Girls Anime adaptation? I thought that was pretty amusing.

This seems more appropriate than it should.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

fippo posted:

Anyone have a nice, high-res copy of the Arino no Chousenjou 2 cover? I'd like to print one out to keep my flashcart with the game in. Generally I pull them from thecoverproject.net but they don't have anything.

Don't know if this helps, but 1200dpi good enough?

Please support the show and it's products as much as you can.

YouTubeTekReviewer
Apr 25, 2005

Kakaricho posted:

Don't know if this helps, but 1200dpi good enough?

Please support the show and it's products as much as you can.

Thanks very much! And don't worry, I've purchased both the US DVD set and the first game. I'd love to buy more US merch in the future to show my support (another DVD set, perhaps, Discotek?).

Thanks also to everyone who worked on the translations for the game and the show. I think I've lurked this thread for a long time but never said thanks for your hard work!

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

thetrout posted:

Anyone? I would love to have Arino's official Mii on my 3DS.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

thetrout posted:

I've got a pair of unofficial ones I've made. I've even raced online in Mario Kart 8 using Arino.

Encha277
May 8, 2007

I know this isn't directly related to Gamecenter CX, but I wanted to mention a show that aired in Japan last fall called "No Continue Kid". It's about a teenager growing up in a gamecenter and each episode focuses on a particular arcade or NES game. The show features a fair bit of actual gameplay content and goes over tips and tricks.

There are 12 episodes total, each ~24 minutes each. There is a subbing group that has translated 5 episodes so far and they post a new one every Saturday.

Some of the games featured so far are Xevious, Pacman, Pole Position, Tower of Druaga & Dragon Quest 2.

If you haven't watched a Japanese drama before, it might be a little hard to get into, but the gaming portions are pretty interesting and nostalgic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

zari-gani posted:

I like that he was shown there along with Lincoln and Elijah Wood.

I read that as the show Lincoln with Downtown instead of Abe and was mighty disappointed to find that there was no Hamada and Matsumoto Miis in their conference. :(

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Aurain posted:

I read that as the show Lincoln with Downtown instead of Abe and was mighty disappointed to find that there was no Hamada and Matsumoto Miis in their conference. :(
I read that as Cameraman Abe having his own TV show somewhere that I've been missing. :(

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Encha277 posted:

I know this isn't directly related to Gamecenter CX, but I wanted to mention a show that aired in Japan last fall called "No Continue Kid". It's about a teenager growing up in a gamecenter and each episode focuses on a particular arcade or NES game. The show features a fair bit of actual gameplay content and goes over tips and tricks.

There are 12 episodes total, each ~24 minutes each. There is a subbing group that has translated 5 episodes so far and they post a new one every Saturday.

Some of the games featured so far are Xevious, Pacman, Pole Position, Tower of Druaga & Dragon Quest 2.

If you haven't watched a Japanese drama before, it might be a little hard to get into, but the gaming portions are pretty interesting and nostalgic.

What you didn't mention is how incredibly loving hard it is to get ahold of episodes and subs. I've been through several torrent sites, a few forums, and I've just now found the raws...blu-ray rips of the whole series, in 44 parts on free hosting sites, all rared up and listed on a completely different forum from where the subs were. A friend of mine who works in translation has related to me this is related to an amazing level of paranoia on the part of J-Drama fandom surrounding not wanting to get shut down for copyright infringement. Like, will only share files through locked invite-only livejournal communities and trying to figure out how to watermark individually downloaded files so they can track who leaked a particular copy of a video if it's shared anywhere else. loving incredible.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

^Sounds like a fun bunch of people. Imagine if that was GCCX!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Allen Wren posted:

What you didn't mention is how incredibly loving hard it is to get ahold of episodes and subs. I've been through several torrent sites, a few forums, and I've just now found the raws...blu-ray rips of the whole series, in 44 parts on free hosting sites, all rared up and listed on a completely different forum from where the subs were. A friend of mine who works in translation has related to me this is related to an amazing level of paranoia on the part of J-Drama fandom surrounding not wanting to get shut down for copyright infringement. Like, will only share files through locked invite-only livejournal communities and trying to figure out how to watermark individually downloaded files so they can track who leaked a particular copy of a video if it's shared anywhere else. loving incredible.

Is your friend in Anime Club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Encha277 posted:

That's the show GCCX collaborated with when they opened the cafe this year.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 14, 2014