Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Pitch posted:

I bought boring but impeccable shoes.

And now I have to return them because they're slightly too snug and Amazon doesn't sell EE width.

I have these shoes and they are awesome. Although there was one week when I first got them where they were hurting my toes, but after that they broke in and have been great since!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
91 Comanche

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Pitch posted:

And now I have to return them because they're slightly too snug and Amazon doesn't sell EE width.

They might be kinda boring, but with some love and a fair bit of polish and work you can have some nice looking shoes that really pop.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
I jumped on them on Amazon because they had a sale on and now I see that the AE shoe bank has an even better sale on. :downs:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pitch posted:

Allend Edmonds = conservative silhouettes. That's why my black cap toes are TBNY.

(also they were $72 at Saks Off 5th :shobon: )

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

dreesemonkey posted:

Being delivered today :woop:

The Genesis is an awesome gas barbecue, and I really want one. The Summit's additional features really don't justify the huge premium.

I bought some Mastercraft Maximum combination wrenches, half off, but 3 Canadian Tires were out of the metric set.

Sunshine89 has a new favorite as of 07:35 on Jun 10, 2014

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Got these off of eBay:

Bushnell 7-15x35 insta-focus.
The photograph is ironically out of focus but the view in these is super great and I love the zoom function. The versatility is really cool. They got some wear on them but they work fine and weren't very expensive.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

And for the old school nerd in me:

Your Lancia Stratos is broken.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Daimo posted:

Your Lancia Stratos is broken.

Nice.

For content, I bought a pair of these headphones

But one side seems to be not working, and I'm going to have to fix that and then buy a headphone amp

Bogan Krkic has a new favorite as of 12:52 on Jun 10, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hellbeard posted:

Got these off of eBay:

The photograph is ironically out of focus but the view in these is super great and I love the zoom function. The versatility is really cool. They got some wear on them but they work fine and weren't very expensive.

Heh, my father has those binoculars, I didn't know they were sought out at all.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

IUG posted:

Heh, my father has those binoculars, I didn't know they were sought out at all.

I don't think they are. They were 25$. I like them though.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Sunshine89 posted:

The Genesis is an awesome gas barbecue, and I really want one. The Summit's additional features really don't justify the huge premium.

Yea so far I'm really liking it. It went together pretty easily and it seems well engineered and sturdy. I went with the 310 because I never used the side burner on my old grill, and I didn't think I really needed the sear station from the 330.

In an effort to be a little more organized, today I purchased a padfolio type thing for work

An astronaut pen and fine point refill for it

A meat thermometer for my new grill

And some ant meth to make all those fuckers die

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea so far I'm really liking it. It went together pretty easily and it seems well engineered and sturdy. I went with the 310 because I never used the side burner on my old grill, and I didn't think I really needed the sear station from the 330.

Did you get the E-310 or the EP-310/S-310? The avid grillers I know prefer the stainless steel grills on the EP and S models over the porcelain-enamel ones, but apparently Weber sells these separately. They also swear by Weber for gas barbecues, and I have never seen a bad review for the Genesis.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Hellbeard posted:

Got these off of eBay:

My parents have these too. I remember they weighed like eighty pounds to a ten year old me.

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007

Camper for summer holidays with my 2 year old.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Sunshine89 posted:

Did you get the E-310 or the EP-310/S-310? The avid grillers I know prefer the stainless steel grills on the EP and S models over the porcelain-enamel ones, but apparently Weber sells these separately. They also swear by Weber for gas barbecues, and I have never seen a bad review for the Genesis.

I got the E-310, I didn't know there was a EP-310. I was considering a stainless model but I didn't think it was worth the extra $150 and I had read some complaints about cheaping out on the stainless material or something.

I can always replace the grates later if I need to but I imagine I'll be good for quite some time :)

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

dreesemonkey posted:

I got the E-310, I didn't know there was a EP-310. I was considering a stainless model but I didn't think it was worth the extra $150 and I had read some complaints about cheaping out on the stainless material or something.

I can always replace the grates later if I need to but I imagine I'll be good for quite some time :)

Definitely! ::): . The stainless is tough to keep looking shiny, so going with the enamel is a sound choice. I also didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing your purchase; just letting you know that should you ever decide you want stainless grills, the option does exist.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Jefinabox posted:

Camper for summer holidays with my 2 year old.

This is a great looking car, and so is that Minivan. I know nothing about those Commer vans, are they as underpowered as they look?

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

This is a great looking car, and so is that Minivan. I know nothing about those Commer vans, are they as underpowered as they look?

Underpowered is not the word. Mine has the early 1600 and I'm guessing about 30bhp. I live in a hilly area and it's not much fun. I have plans to improve the output with a more modern engine, maybe a Vauxhall 2 litre.

Apart from that she's great!

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Just ordered a new outdoor fan for our back patio in our new house.

Also ordered an 8 foot section of maple butcher block countertop to put in the beer/coffee bar that I'm building.

(stock photo)

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Tire cover for my dad for Father's Day. He's a huge Army fan and prefers this over their current logo.

And for me because I'm I love plastic Japanese crack:

HLJ has the last one for $5, which is a ridiculous price for something usually ~$35 (and other figures in the line are usually $50-80).

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Fooley posted:

Tire cover for my dad for Father's Day. He's a huge Army fan and prefers this over their current logo.

And for me because I'm I love plastic Japanese crack:

HLJ has the last one for $5, which is a ridiculous price for something usually ~$35 (and other figures in the line are usually $50-80).

I will fully admit to not knowing what that last figure is, but it's the most :kamina: thing. In an awesome way.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

strangemusic posted:

I will fully admit to not knowing what that last figure is, but it's the most :kamina: thing. In an awesome way.

Akibaranger, a parody/tribute season of Sentai they did a year or two ago. That's his super mode, Waifu Armor.

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!

New cranks, wheels, tires, seat, and brakes on an old Raleigh frame.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Looking to get back into photography and the bundle came with the camera, the bag, and two lenses. Gonna test it out on my week long trip to San Francisco.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

PoorPeteBest posted:

New cranks, wheels, tires, seat, and brakes on an old Raleigh frame.

Very cool, come post it in the Show Us Your Bike thread :buddy:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I bought The Stig a two piece tracksuit

Stella octane, no link because I got it off CL and it's several years old/discontinued.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Getting my read on

and

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

A new rear shock for my bike

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

drat fly shoes, I'm supposed to be saving.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Just pulled the trigger on these

I love this line so much.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Got a complete set of Dinosaurs Attack! cards from Craigslist:

Even had the sticker cards untouched.

He was asking $5, talked him down to $4. :smug:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Holy poo poo there's physical copies of Bartkira? I have to look into that.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

wigbot v2.0 posted:

drat fly shoes, I'm supposed to be saving.

These are awesome. Link?

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

frosteh posted:

These are awesome. Link?

I just googled them.

http://tinyurl.com/p5ghgle

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Tracula posted:

Holy poo poo there's physical copies of Bartkira? I have to look into that.

Yup. It's not the full thing (yet) but more of an art book. Still pretty awesome

You can pick it up here: http://floatingworldcomics.com/shop/art-books/bartkira

Content!

pr0digal has a new favorite as of 18:29 on Jun 11, 2014

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

frosteh posted:

These are awesome. Link?

Or here if you reside in Britain.

God drat, I'd have one in every colour-way if I could afford to.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Ordered.

DHL man delivered a Maverick Audio Tubemagic D1+ today, seems really good.

Superlux HD668 B. Already have 2 pairs of superlux headphones, really good for their price.

An alarm clock since my old galaxy s2 isn't reliable anymore

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

dreesemonkey posted:

An astronaut pen and fine point refill for it

I love my Fisher pens and thought I would really like that one (as a "classy" alternative) but I ended up giving it away as I couldn't write comfortably due to how small the grip area is. Hope you like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Sorbus posted:

Ordered.

Where?!