Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

£39.99 and then another £23.99 for day one dlc, all for an incredibly niche digital download only game? What the gently caress Square?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh poo poo. Ok so I was just reading over the OP and saw the massive spider boss. It's not fully setting off my arachnophobia but, eh would anyone care to spoil it a little for me? Just let me know where it shows up.

Yes I'm a wus.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Shoehead posted:

Oh poo poo. Ok so I was just reading over the OP and saw the massive spider boss. It's not fully setting off my arachnophobia but, eh would anyone care to spoil it a little for me? Just let me know where it shows up.

Yes I'm a wus.

It's in Branch B, Verse 5. It's the final boss for that branch.

Spoilered for people who haven't played yet and want to be surprised when it shows up.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

W.T. Fits posted:

It's in Branch B, Verse 5. It's the final boss for that branch.

Spoilered for people who haven't played yet and want to be surprised when it shows up.

Thanks, the last thing I need is a spider based surprise. :shepicide:

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Monomythian posted:

£39.99 and then another £23.99 for day one dlc, all for an incredibly niche digital download only game? What the gently caress Square?

If I remember correctly they were released over a period of weeks in Japan, and since the game came out 6 months later here they had all been released by then. Assuming you're not just talking about £23.99 worth of costumes that is. (It's also only digital only in the EU, because gently caress the EU that's why.)

Shoehead posted:

I'd be lying if I said that Spider Surprise! didn't roll off the tongue really well. :v:

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Shoehead posted:

I don't know about you, but for me it gets worse the more the thing looks like an actual spider (for example, I have no problem with Ocarina of Time Skulltulas but Twilight Princes and Skyward Sword Skulltulas are terrible and I hate them), so while I wasn't thrilled with giant spider out of nowhere I was able to concentrate on the part at the top and not have too much trouble during the fight.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Hello there, Final Song. What a pleasure to meet you. :shepface:

On the plus side, I'm so close to being done with this thing. The Final Survival will get me the trophy for doing all of Accord's bullshit, Zero's DLC should finance a good chunk of my remaning item upgrades, and Ending D should be get me the platinum. Though from the looks of things, you can't buy Black Material until after the final boss?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Artix posted:

Hello there, Final Song. What a pleasure to meet you. :shepface:

On the plus side, I'm so close to being done with this thing. The Final Survival will get me the trophy for doing all of Accord's bullshit, Zero's DLC should finance a good chunk of my remaning item upgrades, and Ending D should be get me the platinum. Though from the looks of things, you can't buy Black Material until after the final boss?
Yeah, Black Material is off-limits until after Song.

(how the hell did you do Book Club: The One With The Titan And Two Cerberuses?)

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Half the time I feel like I get lucky with the Book Club missions, to be completely honest. You want to kill the Titan as fast as possible since he actually moves around a fair bit, so if you can knock him out before the 1:00 mark, you should be ok. The Cerberus don't move very much, so all you have to do is bait them into attacking and hit the bomb guys. I had two bombs close to me when I went after the first one, and I had something like 35 seconds left when I killed the first one. Intoner mode the other one, and you should be fine.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
Finally got around to picking this up. Is that 30 dollar bundle for the prologue things worth grabbing?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I beat all the prologues and I was expecting Two's DLC To have her eating children or something terrible but I got children death of a different kind. At the end though Two seems like she was a nice lady. I haven't read the novella so maybe she'll do something horrible there.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Squallege posted:

I beat all the prologues and I was expecting Two's DLC To have her eating children or something terrible but I got children death of a different kind. At the end though Two seems like she was a nice lady. I haven't read the novella so maybe she'll do something horrible there.

No, she's the nice one that has horrible things happen to her. There are two kinds of nice people in these games; the ones that have terrible things happen to them (Emil), and the cockups (Nowe).

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

ShadeofDante posted:

Finally got around to picking this up. Is that 30 dollar bundle for the prologue things worth grabbing?

I'd say play through most of the main game before deciding if you buy the DLC. Some of them are spoilery, but also, the gameplay isn't that great :
if you end up liking the story and characters however, and aren't too burnt out on the combat, sure, it gives you more Drakengard.
It also helps a lot with the late game-post game grinding : you need to buy every weapon to unlock the last branch, which isn't too bad (You can do any DLC except Zero's without getting spoiled at that point). But then if you're a completionist and want the platinum trophies, you have to level every weapon to Lvl 4, a task that's kind of ridiculous without the mountains of money the DLC gives.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

ShadeofDante posted:

Haven't played Zero's DLC yet, but One and Two's are great (although One has a kinda bullshit final boss), Three's is awful, and Four and Five are passable if you liked them/their disciples. Get Ending A before deciding if you actually want more Drakengard, but if you do, get at least one of them because it'll make your life a million times easier when it comes time to buy all the weapons for unlocking Branch D.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ShadeofDante posted:

Here, lemme give you a rundown:

Zero's Prologue really should be called Michael's Prologue because it's all about his character. It's a fun chapter and hearing more of Xemnas Dragon is neat, I like it quite a bit, but it's not spoiler-free until VERY late in the game.

One's Prologue has you using Chakrams which is kind of a pain in the rear end, but gives a lot of character to a certain character who's very tertiary to the main plot. Of course, getting this means you're shelling out 30 bucks anyway, so...

Two's Prologue is story-wise the most illuminating and Two's sword moveset is pretty fun, it's probably the overall best. It is notably the only one of the sisters' levels that contains no dragon level (and thus no Gabriella (Gabriella owns,)) though.

Three's Prologue is lovely garbage where you just fight a bunch of guys in fighty places and Three's short sword moveset is dull and the boss is so loving huge the camera can't even deal and has no idea what the gently caress is going on, so unless you like hearing Three talk really fast and hearing Gabriella bitch (which is a good thing to like,) please avoid Three's.

Four's Prologue is gameplay-wise the most fun because it is all about punching fuckers in the face and Falcon Kicking them 100 feet and watching them ragdoll on the wall, it owns. Story-wise it's pretty unimportant but the boss fight is loving hilarious.

Five's Prologue is alright I guess.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

alcharagia posted:

Here, lemme give you a rundown:

Zero's Prologue really should be called Michael's Prologue because it's all about his character. It's a fun chapter and hearing more of Xemnas Dragon is neat, I like it quite a bit, but it's not spoiler-free until VERY late in the game.

Putting a bit of emphasis on this. The rest of the DLC can be played after ending A, but Zero's probably shouldn't be played until after ending D.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

So basically, get ending A, if I enjoyed my journey, grab the DLC, put off playing Zero's prologue til after ending D. Got it.

I really went in fairly blind to this game. Other than the absurdly long first time install I'm loving this so far.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Would you go so far as to say that you are loving this poo poo?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

So is Gabriella the lady who shows up after the credits roll in Branch A to note that this branch always turns out like this, and is also apparently the person monitoring Branches B and C? I've only finished up to Branch C, Verse 3 so far, and nobody identifying herself as Gabriella has shown up so far, nor have any of the characters mentioned anyone by that name. So it was a bit surprising when people mentioned that the prologue DLCs were okay to play after Branch A, but then I got to Verse 3 of Five's prologue and it mentions someone named Gabriella in the chapter description. Or is that someone else?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Gabriella is One's dragon, she pops up in pretty much every character DLC except Two's.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

So is Gabriella the lady who shows up after the credits roll in Branch A to note that this branch always turns out like this, and is also apparently the person monitoring Branches B and C? I've only finished up to Branch C, Verse 3 so far, and nobody identifying herself as Gabriella has shown up so far, nor have any of the characters mentioned anyone by that name. So it was a bit surprising when people mentioned that the prologue DLCs were okay to play after Branch A, but then I got to Verse 3 of Five's prologue and it mentions someone named Gabriella in the chapter description. Or is that someone else?

The woman in the end of ending A is named Accord. Gabriella is the previous incarnation of One's dragon, Gabriel.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Gab is One's Dragon sidekick

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

So I uh, got through branch A.

I'm assuming if I keep going everything will be explained, right? Right?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Yes.

But be prepared for nothing but questions until near the very end.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
And then also still questions.

But probably different ones.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I just started doing the Lost Verses the other day, and I'm currently sitting at 96% on my weapon collection; the only two categories I need to finish off are Swords and Chakrams. Do any of the Book Club or Survival requests have a sword or chakram as a reward, or can I just focus on doing the Lost Verses to get those last weapons?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
There's a chakram in a Book Club mission, but nothing in Survival (I think).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Artix posted:

There's a chakram in a Book Club mission, but nothing in Survival (I think).

Yep, that was it.

Sir Gladu posted:

Aha, those missions names get confusing I guess.
If anyone reads this and also have difficulty with that mission, heres what I did:
-Use a sword for the cerberus (I used bloodletter). You want to hit bombbearers while you're hammering the dog to kill him asap.
-Use bloodmode as soon as it's available, except if there's no one around.
-Stick to the statue! Getting lost in the mist is the worst thing to do. Hit bombbearers, shift, combo until you hit another bombearers, while circling the statue.
-If you see a lancer or a big undead, focus, they seems to be the ones with the gems.

Thanks for this, it really helped out a ton.

D Branch, here I come. :shepicide:

GregorCanteberry
Feb 12, 2014
As a man who has played Both Drakengard and Drakengard 2 (To 100%. Twice. :unsmigghh:) I salute you Dark ID.. I made an account for the amazing Final Fantasy Legend LP: The Saw is Family, but I'll be waiting with bated breath when you get time to do Drakengard 3. Your LP's are seriously awesome. :)

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

So I now have to unlock Branch D.

I... I really am at a loss here.

So, the flower is a parasite (thanks to the loading screen info?) that is uh... trying to do something evil? And every path Zero tries to take to stop that from happening ends up failing? Or in the case of Ending C (or was it B?) creates a pact system which I'm assuming ties into Drakengard 1/2?

Not to mention that the main story is a loving alternate dimension story? What is this, any of it?

I must keep going.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm at the snowy mountains and I have to say that even if I knew the game would be less serious than the others I certainly wasn't expecting all this 4th wall breaking, including Dito looking straight into the "camera". I find it kind of refreshing having a female MC doing a bunch of physical comedy, though. I'm pretty glad I read the short stories since the game gives me very little reason to care about the characters in any way, except perhaps Mikhael who is an adorable murder-machine.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Survival 3 makes me want to give up on this game. I'm not going to be able to get to branch D at this rate.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Overbite posted:

Survival 3 makes me want to give up on this game. I'm not going to be able to get to branch D at this rate.

You don't need to clear the survival missions to access branch D.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

They saved the greatest troll for last, the magnificent bastards.

The final note on the Final Verse Boss is soul crushing after you think you have won, I bet everyone gets hit by it too.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Larryb posted:

Four's [DLC] basically exists to remove any shred of sympathy you might have mistakenly had for the character (Remember, this is Drakengard. Everyone is screwed up in some way or another).

I just finished hers up. Wow, you were not kidding. :catstare:

... I still have to grind out five more levels to get her to 10, too. :negative:

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Also you goons are crazy, Three's dlc was the best one.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Monomythian posted:

They saved the greatest troll for last, the magnificent bastards.

The final note on the Final Verse Boss is soul crushing after you think you have won, I bet everyone gets hit by it too.
Thankfully, I saw two others get gotten by it and then read about it like four times. And even so, it was close.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
This game taught me that the word ball (verb) has two meanings. It's educational too!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Monomythian posted:

Also you goons are crazy, Three's dlc was the best one.

Five is actually really good too.

Dito 'Sup soldiers, sorry about my crazy boss trying to kill you. It's cold as balls out here'

It's the most whimsical of all the dlc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sorry for the doublepost but I wanted this in seperate posts.

I got to the final verse (you all know what I mean)

What's the best timing guide you guys have used? And any tips for hitting those double notes? Should I do one button and immediately do another (like square/X)

• Locked thread