Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

loving Jubs took my Punto! So drat close! :argh:

Time to think of a plan B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Hishashi Iwakuma
Hyun-jin Ryu
Homer Bailey
Mike Minor
Scott Feldman

ERA+ Last Year:

WHIP Last Year:

xFIP Last Year:

I'm not much of a braggart, but this is a pretty goddamn awesome group.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Anibal Sanchez
Matt Moore
Michael Pineda
Nate Eovaldi
Josh Collmenter

Could be good, maybe.

Also Houston is up starting at... 10 AM EST, I believe?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Josh Collmenter is not a starter imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Politicalrancor posted:

Josh Collmenter is not a starter imo
I'm not going to tell people what they can and can't do with regards to their lineups. :shrug:

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not going to tell people what they can and can't do with regards to their lineups. :shrug:

oh, I mean, in the sense that he is a bad pitcher, not in that he's a reliever in real life

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Badonkatonk has less than an hour to pick and then Philly is up.

Can we get like five picks in a row without a skip please?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
I'm here! It's hard for west coasters in the morning.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Collmenter is good, well, for a fifth starter. I'm not sure about his durability, so I might move him to long relief and get another starter.

Also stop taking all the relievers please.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

taking all the relievers is good and cool.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mynameisjohn posted:

taking all the relievers is good and cool.

I agree!

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Man, there's one Punto on the board that I think would make a really great pick for a lot of teams. I wish I could say something!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

oof, I just picked to pick.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctaFun posted:

Man, there's one Punto on the board that I think would make a really great pick for a lot of teams. I wish I could say something!

There's one that I really want to pick! Hopefully he falls another 10 spots so I can, we'll find out sometime Thursday!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I think it took at least 2 months for the last draft to finish but I don't know if they sped up the clock this much at this point.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

I think it took at least 2 months for the last draft to finish but I don't know if they sped up the clock this much at this point.

I wasn't originally going to drop it to two hours this early but the last two+ rounds changed my mind.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I always make sure players haven't been taken by ctrl+F'ing them in the draft sheet and I've never taken an already drafted player

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Jesus Christ commish

Clippard was a rushed pick since I wanted a reliever but didn't want to hold up the pick train so I hope he works out.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Politicalrancor posted:

I always make sure players haven't been taken by ctrl+F'ing them in the draft sheet and I've never taken an already drafted player

Exactly. However, I imagine phone posters find it more convenient to look over the lengthy list of draftees.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

THE RED MENACE posted:

Jesus Christ commish

:getin:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

THE RED MENACE posted:

Jesus Christ commish

Clippard was a rushed pick since I wanted a reliever but didn't want to hold up the pick train so I hope he works out.

clippard is actually an excellent pick in real life and with projections

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Gettin' pumped for the 2 hour pick clock.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

2 hour pick clock underway!

Can't believe I got Joakim and Jake. I like my bullpen already.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've been pretty adamant about things in the doc not counting unless also posted in the thread so I'm going to hold that true for the note in the doc that just popped up a little bit ago.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

IcePhoenix posted:

I've been pretty adamant about things in the doc not counting unless also posted in the thread so I'm going to hold that true for the note in the doc that just popped up a little bit ago.

Ooo gossip, dish, dish!

Unrelated: is it okay to trash talk at all, or discuss top 5 worst rotations/lineups, etc?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
No worries, I have not left yet. Made my pick.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

Ooo gossip, dish, dish!

Unrelated: is it okay to trash talk at all, or discuss top 5 worst rotations/lineups, etc?

It was just a note from Zodiac (Washington) saying he had a doctor appointment at 430 and to skip him if he took more than 15 minutes.

And yeah, go hog wild.

Zodiac5000 posted:

No worries, I have not left yet. Made my pick.

You should have checked your PMs first :mad:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

It was just a note from Zodiac (Washington) saying he had a doctor appointment at 430 and to skip him if he took more than 15 minutes.

And yeah, go hog wild.
I can't believe that a team has Ike Davis hitting cleanup.

That is all.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

i have the best team and pitching staff and you guys all suck at this gently caress you

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
What are you talking about? He's, like, my seven or eight hitter.

Trevor May, huh? This is the year he finally stops walking everybody.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atlanta you don't have PMs so I'm going to publicly offer you the same deal I sent to the last two teams picking that didn't check their PMs in time:

My 15/16 for your 15/17

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

What are you talking about? He's, like, my seven or eight hitter.

Trevor May, huh? This is the year he finally stops walking everybody.

Oops I mistook Chris and Ike.

I guess putting Ike on the Mets makes sorta sense doesn't it.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

For some reason I really wanted Venters. Maybe it's just because it's a cool name.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

Pander posted:

Oops I mistook Chris and Ike.

I guess putting Ike on the Mets makes sorta sense doesn't it.

haha

The sad part about this is that the real life Mets acutally used to bat Ike clean-up all time. I'm also pretty sure the Pirates have done this a few times this season too.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

what time is the skip?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
About 20 minutes I think

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

IcePhoenix posted:

Atlanta you don't have PMs so I'm going to publicly offer you the same deal I sent to the last two teams picking that didn't check their PMs in time:

My 15/16 for your 15/17

Yeah, I'll take that trade, so you're up.

EDIT: I know the clock on this pick runs out in 15ish minutes, but please give IcePhoenix some time to actually pick. It's not his fault I couldn't get out of work to accept the trade until about 10 minutes ago.

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 10, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

And I was driving home from work!

Technically I'm still not home since I have an errand to run and I am checking the thread from a parking lot. Pick going up in a moment.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
gently caress you stole my punto :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Pander posted:

The A's lineup so far is 6 righties and 1 switch hitter. The rotation is all right handed pitching. Someone didn't think about handedness while drafting!
I'm a loving idiot

• Locked thread