Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Suck this got spoiled, but drat it's been a long time coming that we got a new Star Fox adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Sakurai would be dead within two months.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The three games definitely appear closer in scope to minigames or digital titles than full-blown releases. Steel Battallion it ain't.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Time smashed that poo poo down in record time. The E3 thread has pictures of the games if you want to spoil yourself, but there's a very very nice surprise in store.

I would hardly call it record time. It was up for at least 15 minutes. In the age of social media that might as well be days. It was more than enough time for the text and images to be pulled.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
A thing to consider from that spoiler image is the background looks really similar to the Mario Kart DLC roster picture. I want to believe :tinfoil:

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

All those sound cool but they sound really early in development. Like they are basically at the proof of concept stage.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

If speculating off of one picture is poor taste, then I'll refrain in the future.
Nah man, exercise that freedom of speculation. Just be ready for people to question it if it's as out there as this.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Webbeh posted:

Suck this got spoiled, but drat it's been a long time coming that we got a new Star Fox adventure.

I'm sorry, did you just say it's been a long time coming that we got a new Star Fox Adventures?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Incase it gets pulled down

Thats some starfox

So I'm aware the article came from the TIME website or whatever, but:

But maybe they reused the image because it's a WIP. Temper your hype, though.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 10, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

I'm sorry, did you just say it's been a long time coming that we got a new Star Fox Adventures?

I would actually want that more than a regular Star Fox game

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ultigonio posted:

So I'm aware the article came from the TIME website or whatever, but:

But maybe they reused the image because it's a WIP. Temper your hype, though.

It was unveiled alongside Project Robot and Project Guard, WIP is a good way to describe it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Was Skyward Sword the Zelda game that Nintendo kept saying would change the Zelda formula in a big way or is it the new Zelda that might get shown off today?

Someone edit the PS4 Bloodborne trailer to say NINTENDO and Zelda on it or something.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Skeezy posted:

Was Skyward Sword the Zelda game that Nintendo kept saying would change the Zelda formula in a big way or is it the new Zelda that might get shown off today?

Both.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
C'mon Zelda in the future. Get out of medieval Hyrule

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Famous TV Dad posted:

All those sound cool but they sound really early in development. Like they are basically at the proof of concept stage.

Since all the other E3 conferences were filled with games that have nebulous "2015" release dates, that's plenty fine.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Macaluso posted:

What about those 2 dungeons from Skyward Sword?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Macaluso posted:

Or even better:-

DEUS EX: HYRULE REVOLUTION.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Skeezy posted:

Someone edit the PS4 Bloodborne trailer to say NINTENDO and Zelda on it or something.

Why is Bloodborn such a big deal, I thought all they showed was a CG trailer?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Macaluso posted:

They did that already; it's called Darksiders. :holymoley:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Raserys posted:

Because despite the name, it's a Souls game. That alone says it all.

Edit: Also, it's Bloodborne...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Raserys posted:

coasts by simply due to the rep of the developer, From Software

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Skeezy posted:

It was really quite unusual to have a level-select-style of getting where you'd go, as well as the fact that pre-dungeon content was more consistently a linear chunk of level design - more like large-scale dungeons, almost. The dungeon formula was mostly the same, though, it's true. Storytelling style was also different, as well.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Raserys posted:

Ahaha, I didn't know if it had the E or not because I kept seeing it spelled with it.

There's also those gameplay gifs that were leaked. Might be shown today or could be TGS stuff?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Raserys posted:

Because it's a new Souls game, it's just not called one.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I want a Zelda in the rooooaring twenties, with Ganon and Zelda versions of Tom and Daisy, with Tingle as the great Gatsby.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Skeezy posted:

Ahaha, I didn't know if it had the E or not because I kept seeing it spelled with it.

There's also those gameplay gifs that were leaked. Might be shown today or could be TGS stuff?

It is Bloodborne but gently caress that, I'm calling it Bloodborn. TGS sounds like a really exciting event! :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

greatn posted:

I want a Zelda in the rooooaring twenties, with Ganon and Zelda versions of Tom and Daisy, with Tingle as the great Gatsby.

I think you're joking but this would be legit amazing???

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Raserys posted:

It is Bloodborne but gently caress that, I'm calling it Bloodborn. TGS sounds like a really exciting event! :v:

I'm calling it Beast's Souls, because I never want to have to tell anybody that I'm looking forward to a game called Bloodborne.

gently caress, that's just as impossible to pronounce as Demon's Souls.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I want a Zelda where I can actually explore the world and see what it has to offer.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

deadwing posted:

Since all the other E3 conferences were filled with games that have nebulous "2015" release dates, that's plenty fine.

Oh yeah definitely. Unfortunately thats not how it will play out perception-wise. Because Nintendo will actually show their early proof of concept instead of a pretty CGI trailer.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

I want a Zelda where I can actually explore the world and see what it has to offer.

Have you heard of The Wind Waker

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

I think you're joking but this would be legit amazing???

"The kid said somethin' 'bout a triforce, see? myaaaaa"

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Raserys posted:

Bloodborne is a real word!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Mooseontheloose posted:

Every time people say this, I think of Skyrim. Not as in "Oooh, I wanna play that game," but in "Oh, I already played that game."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh, hey, the conference is gonna be 47 minutes long!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ734RshPA

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

mabels big day posted:

Have you heard of The Wind Waker

I love Wind Waker but hated Skyward Sword if that makes any sense. OoT had it best and I am surprised they haven't been able to improve on that since then.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Majora's Mask absolutely destroys the other Zelda games in terms of setting and world building. Only a few short dungeons yeah, but there's a lot of soul in that game to explore

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Yeah, Majora's Mask definitely had the best world. The Bomber's Notebook was a really cool part of the game, it really got you invested in everything. Beyond that one I actually liked Twilight Princess's setting quite a bit.

Skyward Sword was soulless poop. The only redeeming feature of the world was Groose. All hail Groose, best Zelda character forever and the one true hero.

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.

oddium posted:

Majora's Mask absolutely destroys the other Zelda games in terms of setting and world building. Only a few short dungeons yeah, but there's a lot of soul in that game to explore

I'm hoping Nintendo finally announces a 3DS release of Majora's Mask during their presentation today. Since OoT had Master Quest included, maybe they'll do something similar for MM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone got the link to the YouTube stream?

EDIT: Nevermind, actually did the work myself.

• Locked thread