Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Bloodly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPK1s7KtLW0

Here's the trailer. Of course Impa is Zhou Tai.

As long as he can dash cancel out of a jumping attack to go super fast around the battlefield, I'm okay with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If I still don't own a Wii U when this comes out, I'm buying this anyway.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I hope we get a rich story mode with Ganondorf telling you all about his AMBITION, and Zelda explaining how she wants to rule over a kingdom of BENEVOLENCE

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Dammit, now I want Cao Cao and Ganon(dorf) to meet.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Bloodly posted:

Dammit, now I want Cao Cao and Ganon(dorf) to meet.

Warriors Orochi 4! Nintendo. TK. Make it happen.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

PureRok posted:

Triforce abuse also neatly solves the problem of how to bring Orochi back (again).

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Maleketh posted:

Triforce abuse also neatly solves the problem of how to bring Orochi back (again).

Stop it right now. I want it already.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

PureRok posted:

I can finally bring the Zelda, Atelier, Ninja Gaiden and Warriors Games together! Weirdest crossovers ever.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm actually super pumped for Hyrule Warriors now. Of course, I don't have a Wii U so welp.

I want Tingle and Zhange He to meet

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hyrule warrior being streamed right now: http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

edit: beaten

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Combat and layout seems more Gundam than Dynasty Warriors.

edit: The loving MOON

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Kitfox88 posted:

Is there any specific way to raise my bodyguard fee limit? I wanna take 4 playable women out and rip through armies en masse with blade yoyos and poo poo. :allears:

Edit: Ugh, well that's annoying then. It'd be one thing if it universal but needing to do that poo poo with all my characters I play as regularly? :suicide:

Pick some generic dude with Gather Supplies and boost his skills as high as you can. If you want, do it with two other generic dudes with Gather Supplies but I've found one is enough for me.

There you go, just spam it off, it'll boost your Leadership Level super loving fast, and it's a good idea anyway if you're playing Ambition to keep your time fully maxed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just realised that discounting buying Orochi 3 a second time and DW8 Empires, there's till three Warriors games I want coming out before the end of the year. And I'll probably end up picking up those other two cheap at some point. I have a problem.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Endorph posted:

They said that *Hyrule Warriors* has a lot of characters. In those words.

I went back and rewatched and you're right, though the question is what do they consider "a lot." The videos from E3 show at least 9 character selection slots, and even counting the four confirmed and the three villains (and Ganondorf), that's at least one character we don't know about. I would hope that's not all though.

Watching all these gameplay videos makes me really wish that Nintendo would release a playable demo for the game because I'm itching to play it, especially since it seems like 90% of the gameplay videos are people who have no clue how to play Dynasty Warriors. Everyone seemed to only use weak attacks and mostly ignore charge attacks until they were told about them, and the guy I saw who played the Twilight Realm level got a defeat because his base fell while he was running around getting tons of messages saying "Come protect the base!"

Maleketh posted:

I want there to be a captain of the Hyrule guard who has a Triforce on his outfit, and then he and Ujiyasu Hojo can have a conversation in camp about it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Do all of your characters level together in this game or what? (DW8XXLHD)

Also Hyrule Warriors looks super super cool. Fits way better than Dynasty Gundam.

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, you're not supposed to do hard until you've levelled up a bit, enemies on Normal are crap, so you get crap weapons, that's how it works.

Yeah thanks, I just wanted to skip ahead because I only have so much free time these days and I've already cleared these levels 500 times before on Dynasty Warriors 2 through 6. But I'm back to Normal and I'm plowing through and having a pretty good time.

Sakurazuka posted:

If you want a ton of awesome weapons straight off, play through Lu Bu's campaign.

:doh: Oh man, of course! I'll get right on that...

TARDISman posted:

That was more Lord of the Rings: Battlefront than Lord of the Rings Musou. The two movie tie ins from EA were closer and actually much better games.

True but its the closest we're gonna get :cheeky:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Do all of your characters level together in this game or what? (DW8XXLHD)

In Story Mode, characters available for a given stage are all leveled up to a certain point, depending on the stage. Characters otherwise level up individually.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Getting free levels for your characters is a good a reason as any to go through Story Mode and the XL Story missions.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Maleketh posted:

In Story Mode, characters available for a given stage are all leveled up to a certain point, depending on the stage. Characters otherwise level up individually.

Ah okay, I was wondering why this dude I'd never played before was like the same level as my go-to guys. Leveling up together made some sense, because there's so many loving characters, but it would also be kinda lame. This is a pretty good solution, so you don't get screwed when some story mission wants you to play as somebody weird, but still lets you build up each character.

I've been playing Story and Free mode because that's what I know, but I guess I gotta try Ambition mode now...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Maleketh posted:

With the addition that if you've leveled a character higher than the minimum, the other characters for that stage will level to a few levels below that.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Just got started playing Jin's storyline. Jia Chong is simply wonderful. :allears:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Bloodly posted:

With the addition that if you've leveled a character higher than the minimum, the other characters for that stage will level to a few levels below that.

Going into Lu Bu's story with a level 99 Zhang Liao did nothing for the other character's levels.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Keeshhound posted:

Just got started playing Jin's storyline. Jia Chong is simply wonderful. :allears:

Every single person in Jin owns. :allears: Sima Shi's crazy laugh that comes up now and then (I think maybe every 100 kills?) is amazing.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

Every single person in Jin owns. :allears: Sima Shi's crazy laugh that comes up now and then (I think maybe every 100 kills?) is amazing.

Xiahou Ba doesn't own, although his weapon does.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well Xiahou Ba's half the time Shu, so we can put him in that section.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

His voice isn't as god awful as the one Shu general who showed up constantly near the end of the Jin and Shu stories :suicide:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kitfox88 posted:

His voice isn't as god awful as the one Shu general who showed up constantly near the end of the Jin and Shu stories :suicide:

Jiang "I sound like I'm constantly panicking and desperately need a lozenge" Wei?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Dewgy posted:

Jiang "I sound like I'm constantly panicking and desperately need a lozenge" Wei?

Yeah, what the gently caress happened there? His voice actor was fine in all the games previous to this one, and he doesn't even have Zhang Liao's excuse of an expanded story role rendering the old voice actor too costly.

Kitfox88 posted:

I played 7 too, so I knew that was going to be a given. I just didn't expect the Edward-looking guy to be an axe-chucking badass with the most rational approach to the question of what to do with captured officers in the entire game.

Edit: I want to believe that Jia Chong snuck into Zhao's room at night and just sat by his bed whispering "kill the Emperor. Kill the Emperor. Kill the Emperor. Kill the Emperor. Kill the Emperor. Kill the-" Until Yuanji woke up and chased him out.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 12, 2014

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Keeshhound posted:

Edit: I want to believe that Jia Chong snuck into Zhao's room at night and just sat by his bed whispering "kill the Emperor. Kill the Emperor. Kill the Emperor. Kill the Emperor. Kill the Emperor. Kill the-" Until Yuanji woke up and chased him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2S7iwEHOV4

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Jiang Wei's voice owns because he joins Shu at their decline and the mania expressed in his voice for ~CHANCELLOR~ perfectly embodies the pathetic desperation of Shu's repeated Northern Campaigns.

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I just got through with Zhou Yu's funeral on Three Kingdoms 2010, and yeah Zhuge Liang may be history's greatest troll.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Ambivalent posted:

Jiang Wei's voice owns because he joins Shu at their decline and the mania expressed in his voice for ~CHANCELLOR~ perfectly embodies the pathetic desperation of Shu's repeated Northern Campaigns.

Yeah his voice works if you see him as a crazed fanatic.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

caleramaen posted:

Yeah his voice works if you see him as a crazed fanatic.

There's another way to see him?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

5er posted:

I just got through with Zhou Yu's funeral on Three Kingdoms 2010, and yeah Zhuge Liang may be history's greatest troll.
Ehhh, the TK2010 version tells Pang Tong that he wasn't trolling, but the novel version sure was.

Chortles fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 12, 2014

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Maleketh posted:

There's another way to see him?

As a guy leading the inheriting the legacy of Shu's leaders? That's how the DW7 scenario portrayed him, with his design pretty much being a combination of Zhao Yun, Zhuge Liang and Liu Bei?

If it's anime ROTK then he's kind of like the protagonist after all the original cast dies, y'know?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I think DW8 may have broken my video card.

Rode through a dense clump of enemies in Tong Gate Ambition Mode. Attacked. Screen glitched and video card restarted. Now I'm getting it from other games, too...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

I think DW8 may have broken my video card.

Rode through a dense clump of enemies in Tong Gate Ambition Mode. Attacked. Screen glitched and video card restarted. Now I'm getting it from other games, too...

Maybe the fan's clogged and its overheating? :shrug: Try updating your drivers?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I just did that. It might be a RAM problem, too. Or both.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I bought extreme legends 8 on the ps3 online store. This means I don't have a disc. If I want to buy the normal version to unlock the story modes and stuff for the other factions will it work smoothly? Worried about getting a prompt for putting in the normal disc if both of the games are online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Huh. I only just now realized that holding the 'call horse' button actually makes you automatically jump on when it gets near you.

Also holy poo poo Zhang Jiao's voice actor is loving this poo poo.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 16, 2014