Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minchin Dupree
Oct 23, 2008

...I'll smash them.
Britain first showed up on my feed so I decided to have a look through to see what ridiculous opinions I could find. This golden post was on a photo about "banning the burka", uncensored since it's a public page:

The "edited" part made me laugh the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
No one has looked into the connection of young killers having eaten cereal as kids either, they should get on that.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Minchin Dupree posted:

Britain first showed up on my feed so I decided to have a look through to see what ridiculous opinions I could find. This golden post was on a photo about "banning the burka", uncensored since it's a public page:

The "edited" part made me laugh the most.
This just makes my head hurt. Why is she censoring the word "black"? :psyduck:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Uses the term "English Law" but possesses little understanding of either.

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008

Kraps posted:

No one has looked into the connection of young killers having eaten cereal as kids either, they should get on that.

They don't call them "cereal killers" for nothing. :haw:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

My high school science teacher.

Did anybody else's teachers turn our horrifically racist and classist? Between this and my english teacher constantly bitching about fast food workers, I'm grossed out.

My football coach and 10th grade US History teacher turned out to be a massive libertarian. I honestly feel conflicted, since he really did spark my interest in history to the point that it was my initial major, and helped me get the schoolwide excellence award in History for that year.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Pilchenstein posted:

Because Facebook hates white people and will ban any white person with the temerity to use the word "black". Racists think this.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It turns out you can have ridiculous political opinions and still be a decent person in other regards. Sort of like Hitler liking dogs, but usually less extreme.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hang people who don't eat bacon. I wonder what they think of vegetarians? :allears:

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

Because these types of people honestly believe that as long as they don't say certain words, they are not racist, thus she can say things like 'send them back' but as long as she doesn't specifically say 'black' or words like that, it's 'ok'.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
"Scums go Buger King!" They do indeed, my r*cist friend...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

mng posted:

"Scums go Buger King!" They do indeed, my r*cist friend...

I could go for a burger, personally. Does that make me a

well actually I have no idea who she was taking shots at by the end.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

They don't need no education.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Alpacalips Now posted:

MRA's could really streamline their message if they just shouted "NO!" every time someone says "Hey, look at these problems that women have."

Internet Cliche
Oct 18, 2004
Ninja Robot Pirate Zombie
Imagine this spoken in an insufferably smug tone, more smug than this person ever has a right to be, and you'll have it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Internet Cliche has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Jun 11, 2014

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

A tunic made of old blankets and a giant foam sword is who I am!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Internet Cliche posted:

Imagine this spoken in an insufferably smug tone, more smug than this person ever has a right to be, and you'll have it.

"I pretend to be someone else to be myself."

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Kraps posted:

Did you know that EVERY SINGLE mass murderer was a regular consumer of a substance called H2O? Really makes u think.

For some content, of the 'plain meh' variety.

Translation: "Whomever gets the reference, gets a cookie."

Three different watermark-type deals, along a vaguely nonsensical joke, and that's apparently a super-obscure reference.
What annoys me more is the mix of Greek(lish) and English. The dude can't speak in just one language, he constantly peppers his posts with English words for no reason whatsoever, and it's not even stuff that flows better in English (Greek for 'by the way' for example doesn't really always mesh well with the sentence) or something it just reeks of "I get more contact with anime subs and RPG forums than actual people who speak and talk."

On the other hand, I don't recall the apes in 2001 actually touching the monolith so there may be something I'm missing. :smug:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

But mass shooters consume H2O/cereal in the same proportion as everyone else, so there's no correlation. But mass shooters are much more likely to be on antipsychotics than everyone else, so there is a correlation, which makes it completely different! And since correlation implies causation, that means antipsychotics cause mass shootings (as opposed to "being mentally ill enough to commit a mass shooting" making you more likely to receive antipsychotics...)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Serperoth posted:

Translation: "Whomever gets the reference, gets a cookie."
It's not even remotely obscure but at least it wasn't Monty bloody Python or the Hitchhikers sodding Guide.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

It's not even remotely obscure but at least it wasn't Monty bloody Python or the Hitchhikers sodding Guide.

He had a profile picture that was a 9gag photo of the first page of one of the Hitchhiker's books (a quick Google suggests Restaurant At The End Of The Universe), would that count?

He's not really an idiot just... A total nerd. I'm a nerd myself, don't get me wrong, but I just feel that posts like "Look! I like <nerdy thing>!" kinda lack post-worthiness, if that makes sense.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

These are all from the same guy.

VERY NMS: Super hosed up motorcycle injuries
http://imgur.com/kuDvw07

He recently became a father too.

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Jun 11, 2014

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress,if you're going to link something :nms:, at least say it's a hand foot that's been turned into goddamn hamburger meat

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I fixed it. Sorry about that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Money is a hoax. Invest in Bitcoin.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'd like to see the science behind this.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Which lung does grief weaken? :confused:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Well can't you be so scared you piss yourself? That's like all the proof I need that it harms the kidneys.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Be completely emotionless, and you'll live forever.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Somatization is a real thing, in that people can get legit sick because of strong emotions (usually stress). However, it's a psychological illness, and like lots of psychological illnesses it's difficult to identify and pin-point. And most importantly there is absolutely no exact correlation between emotions and specific organs like that image says.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I always find it laughable that people say fear is a bad emotion. Fear is a perfectly good, healthy response to stuff. There's a reason you back away when a dog bares its teeth or some guy is a foot taller than you with muscles enough to snap a steel rebar.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I wont be scared, because I know that if I'm scared, I will die. And that's not scary. Also, i will not grieve when my mother dies, because my lung.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Isn't there a legit condition or something where people experience no fear and it fucks up their lives cause they'll just walking into traffic and poo poo like that?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Nibbles141 posted:

Isn't there a legit condition or something where people experience no fear and it fucks up their lives cause they'll just walking into traffic and poo poo like that?

Some psychopaths have no emotion of fear, but they don't do stuff like that usually.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

grittyreboot posted:

These are all from the same guy.

Haha a friend of mine posted the second one on her feed, she's a teacher.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nibbles141 posted:

You could be thinking of the condition where you don't feel pain.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Sebastian Vettel posted:

You could be thinking of the condition where you don't feel pain.

Being drunk?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Nibbles141 posted:

I believe this was the plot to The Happening.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I think this image from the OSHA.jpg thread makes for an appropriate crosspost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

In regards to not experiencing fear, there was a case of a woman who lost her amygdala to Urbach-Wiethe Disease. She completely lost the ability to both recognize and experience fear (other emotions were intact though). Sad part was that she apparently lived in a really lovely neighborhood and was mugged several times, because as Tracula said, fear is a pretty useful emotion.

http://neurosciencenews.com/sm-fearless-woman-missing-amygdala/

You can also have Kluver Bucy Syndrome, where the patient has a diminished fear response. It also produces hypersexuality, such as in the case of this cat that is humping everything without fear of reprisals or societal judgment:

Bottom corner: That's cat on cat on cat, btw. Because Science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kl%C3%BCver%E2%80%93Bucy_syndrome

• Locked thread