Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
I too, hate the wii u, because on certain sun kissed days when the gamepad shines darker than night i catch sight of an oily pus-filled monstrosity. It howls back at me as i scream and in its eyes i can see truly it has forgotten the meaning of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'll just wait because 300 bucks is a lot of money to me - a lot of posters in this thread lol

lol

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Once Target is scrambling to get rid of their excess Wii U stock and drops the price to sub-$150, then, and only then, should you buy a Wii U. As it stands right now, it's just a glorified N64 emulator and Nintendo fans eating up the same bullshit 30MB roms, only this time they're on a fancy disc in a blue case.

Sorry - I grew up with Mario and Zelda, too, but Watch_Dogs is where your money should be going.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nintendo and the Human Concept Of Fun And Enjoyment got together and raped and murdered my parents, before torturing me for hours on end. From that day forward, I vowed to spurn everything related to either of those wicked beasts. My name is "Like Half The Posters In This Fuckin Thread"

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Is there any reason I should avoid getting the $200 refurbished Wii U?

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

Atomicated posted:

spend more or we will call you a poor

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Atomicated posted:

The shame of owning something second-hand is hard to bear. You should probably spend more money for no reason instead.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Merge the threads. Bring us together with the regular Wii U thread.

Tear down this wall and let the miscegenation of the races hang on you guys my gamepad just beeped

Atomicated posted:

It's still a Wii U.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

yea let me just type in this loving 300 digit friend code

there are no friend codes you loving retard

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Atomicated posted:

The mario kart bundle comes with 2 games a wiimote and a charging dock for the gamepad

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Sorry - I grew up with Mario and Zelda, too, but Watch_Dogs is where your money should be going.

It's ok. I'll check out sleeping dogs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The thing is the PS4/Xbone have third parties to fill out the lull and are also still in year 1 of launch. The WiiU is in year 2 and it still being this barren is pretty damning.

I mean the games are all great and it sold me on a WiiU for 2015 when a price cut hits. But this is not going to help this holiday season at all. Though to be fair the Xbone punting pretty badly may help them get to second place.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

i just tried to play a game online of mario kart 8 (my roomates wii u, I wouldnt spend my money on that) and it took 30 minutes organizing everyone through facebook chat and we kept mistyping friend codes

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Atomicated posted:

if you are a joyless virgin like the top posters in this thread, then do not buy a wii u for $200

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
2018: Please understand that while the console ended up being successful with a lot of fun games released, the important thing is the Wii U still finished 3rd in Sales.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The thing is the PS4/Xbone have third parties to fill out the lull and are also still in year 1 of launch. The WiiU is in year 2 and it still being this barren is pretty damning.

I mean the games are all great and it sold me on a WiiU for 2015 when a price cut hits. But this is not going to help this holiday season at all. Though to be fair the Xbone punting pretty badly may help them get to second place.

Poor fag

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Snacksmaniac posted:

i just tried to play a game online of mario kart 8 (my roomates wii u, I wouldnt spend my money on that) and it took 30 minutes organizing everyone through facebook chat and we kept mistyping friend codes

you don't have to use friend codes on wii u you complete moron

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

there are no friend codes you loving retard

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Atomicated posted:

You could go on Craig's list and find someone's used Gamecube for $15. That's $185 extra for you to spend on Watch_Dogs, Titanfall, Assassin's Creed, and every other great, next-gen game that you will not be able to find on Wii U.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kak posted:

2018: Please understand that while the console ended up being successful with a lot of fun games released, the important thing is the Wii U still finished 3rd in Sales.

I'm sure Sega takes great solace in the fact that the Dreamcast had an incredible game library.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

you and your friends are all fat and your fingers press 3 keys simultaneously even though there is a stylus on the controller

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kak posted:

Haha, except people in this gay thread think that?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

abagofcheetos posted:

I'm sure Sega takes great solace in the fact that the Dreamcast had an incredible game library.

Hahaha. You care?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm also sure people at Sega are pretty proud of the cool games they have made. :)

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kak posted:

Hahahahah, you actually think the WiiU will be successful.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

King of Solomon posted:

Goddamn how are you this stupid? How does this happen?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

King of Solomon posted:

When success to you is measured in 23,000 a year, can't spend 300 dollars kinda job you have, yeah... I think wii u will be okay

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

When success to you is measured in 23,000 a year, can't spend 300 dollars kinda job you have, yeah... I think wii u will be okay

if only ozma wasn't screwed out of her inheritance by her stupid aunt dying of cancer, she could have singlehandedly bought every wii u and saved nintendo :(

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

abagofcheetos posted:

if only ozma wasn't screwed out of her inheritance by her stupid aunt dying of cancer, she could have singlehandedly bought every wii u and saved nintendo :(

oh nice to see you post on SS, a group of people so insanely bad and retarded that they were soundly rejected from loving GBS

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

cant get a goddamn kiddie racer game goin online. gently caress this poo poo im goin back to forza

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I want a wii u

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

abagofcheetos posted:

You are poor

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
nintendo appears to have put its cheery, brightly-colored boot up E3's rear end

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jackie D posted:

I want a wii u

My man

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I never spend more than 20 dollars on a videogame.

I have a lot of videogames btw.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Goddamn how are you this stupid? How does this happen?

a console is not successful unless it finishes #1

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I don't enjoy games that sell less than 4 million copies

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Taint Reaper posted:

I never spend more than 20 dollars on a videogame.

I have a lot of videogames btw.

a lot of bad games

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
More sales = better than

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Black Baby Goku posted: