Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

i am an ally

*pushes glasses up, breaks off eye contact*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
Tia hth rt pls.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Wow again, talking about women who were assaulted in a sexual assault thread? Please

to dismiss a rumor on the internet is very problematic, toxic, creepy and other buzzwords people use to caricature tumblr

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

butplug accident posted:

to dismiss a rumor on the internet is very problematic, toxic, creepy and other buzzwords people use to caricature tumblr

But to be such a jerk about it I would think you were upset or something

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
It seems like something may have set you off buddy

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Incidentally guys, gently caress the US and India, when I was looking up actual rape statistics you know where had everywhere beat? Yep. You guessed it, Belgium.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Indian rapes per capita far exceed the rape supply/demand from other countries

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

i can't even find the us rate someone decided to post their thesis on wikipedia

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

india

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?
all work and no rape makes Sajdeep Pradesh a dull boy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GlennFinito posted:

How can I reap the most social justice pr word? This is important

sexual abuse that happens in foreign countries is of no concern because Amerikkka exists

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009

GlennFinito posted:

How can I reap the most social justice pr word? This is important

reap culture

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

sexual abuse that happens in foreign countries is of no concern because Amerikkka exists

Im just not a fan of hyporcrisy is all.

'Haha your country sucks because it does this thing'
'Heres some proof that your country does it ten times more often'
'gently caress you you leave my country out of this'

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Q.U.I.L.T.B.A.G.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

DeusExMachinima posted:

Q.U.I.L.T.B.A.G.

All of the above and also none at the same time, and thanks for asking.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I'm sorry to hear about your headmates in that case

Hope thats not triggering

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

DeusExMachinima posted:

I'm sorry to hear about your headmates in that case

Hope thats not triggering

Please stop using words and acronyms that I have to google its been a long day tia (i know that one).

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011
I don't actually care about rape or other people

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

:india: should be an indian flag getting raped

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
meh. in india, rapes are just a natural phenomenon, like rain or high winds. i dont get why goons are getting so bent out of shape over something so benign

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the first track of the new Indian album is called Rape lol i'd post it here but its ltierally impossible to find among the obvious search results

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

No it doesn't. Please show me examples where women regularly get gang raped on buses and strung up from trees. By the way since you like statistics so much, the number of rapes in the US per 100,000 is just about the same as Western Europe and the developed world, and better than some. Belgium's is higher at 30 and Sweden's is even higher at 60 per 100,000. Having the most functional institutions and a stronger respect for the rule of law it's no mystery that rapes are reported more often in developed countries.

India is quite possibly the most corrupt society on Earth, do you seriously have this hard of a time understanding why no one is reporting crimes, let alone rapes? Use your brain.

No one is saying rape isn't a problem in the US or the West.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
somebody post the link of the asian guy who took a trip to india and photographed all the dead rotting corpses floating in the rivers are people bathing in it and washing clothes/drinking, and the photos of literal wastelands of human poo poo

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/pictures/filthy-india-photos-chinese-netizen-reactions.html

:nws: of course

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
How many more people must I rape in America and Europe before you people get off India's back? They have had it really hard recently with all these nasty women thinking they are people.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Mustang posted:

No it doesn't. Please show me examples where women regularly get gang raped on buses and strung up from trees. By the way since you like statistics so much, the number of rapes in the US per 100,000 is just about the same as Western Europe and the developed world, and better than some. Belgium's is higher at 30 and Sweden's is even higher at 60 per 100,000. Having the most functional institutions and a stronger respect for the rule of law it's no mystery that rapes are reported more often in developed countries.

India is quite possibly the most corrupt society on Earth, do you seriously have this hard of a time understanding why no one is reporting crimes, let alone rapes? Use your brain.

No one is saying rape isn't a problem in the US or the West.

I absolutely bum-love your logic. Seriously.

"Actually, the countries with the less rapes are the countries with the more rapes and vice versa and you can tell which has more by reversing all statistics on their head and taking the opposite to be true"

There are no words for this level of genius.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

yeah okay fair enough but you're caring about stuff on somethingawful what's wrong with you

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

"Actually, the countries with the less rapes are the countries with the more rapes and vice versa and you can tell which has more by reversing all statistics on their head and taking the opposite to be true"

lmbo dude are you seriously taking the numbers at face value without any context. you're literally using an argument that even sports fans think is dumb as hell

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

old dog child posted:

yeah okay fair enough but you're caring about stuff on somethingawful what's wrong with you

Maybe I'm just one of those SJP's or whatever people are banging on about.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

old dog child posted:

lmbo dude are you seriously taking the numbers at face value without any context. you're literally using an argument that even sports fans think is dumb as hell

No but I don't agree with the logic that says that we should read the exact opposite of rape statistics that more = less and vice versa.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

no,

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
We take some chicks, or guys who look a lot like chicks, control for variables, and send one group to India, and the other to America, to compare rape values.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's spelled "ralp", op

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

No but I don't agree with the logic that says that we should read the exact opposite of rape statistics that more = less and vice versa.

Reported rape statistic, that's important in that logic you don't agree with.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

what, the logic that a country with 1.2 billion people that is incredibly corrupt, elects criminals to the legislative branch, openly oppresses women and minorities as a standard part of the majority culture, and is also too inept to provide basic services to the population is likely to have a higher number of unreported rapes than a developed, first world country? yeah that awful logic doesn't make sense. lmbo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Maybe I'm just one of those SJP's or whatever people are banging on about.

if you are, this is a really weird place to make your stand dude. you're arguing against people who want to improve the welfare of oppressed indians but w/e floats your boat i guess

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

old dog child posted:

what, the logic that a country with 1.2 billion people that is incredibly corrupt, elects criminals to the legislative branch, openly oppresses women and minorities as a standard part of the majority culture, and is also too inept to provide basic services to the population is likely to have a higher number of unreported rapes than a developed, first world country? yeah that awful logic doesn't make sense. lmbo

It's very likely to have a higher level of unreported rapes than the US for the reasons that you're saying this is true. But to have more than ten times higher without any actual evidence to support this mind boggling difference other than just 'because'? No thanks.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

It's very likely to have a higher level of unreported rapes than the US for the reasons that you're saying this is true. But to have more than ten times higher without any actual evidence to support this mind boggling difference without any other evidence other than just 'because'? No thanks.

uhh india's population and density is a lot higher than those other countries so it's very likely already a much higher number just by statistics homie :ssh:

i think the solution is to give everybody beef so they all get fat and lazy like us civilized folk. safest way to protect women imo (although the children are definitely not safe if they emulate us completely)

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Maybe we could send out realistic rapee robots instead of human test subjects, and see which country tries to rape the robots more

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Maybe we could send out realistic rapee robots instead of human test subjects, and see which country tries to rape the robots more

i liked your original idea better already signed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

old dog child posted:

if you are, this is a really weird place to make your stand dude. you're arguing against people who want to improve the welfare of oppressed indians but w/e floats your boat i guess

Nope rape is a bad thing. A really bad thing. But to single out a country and laugh at it and say everyone there is a rapist when your own country has it going on more, will it's not so much oppression as blind ignorance and I guess that's the stand I'm taking.

old dog child posted:

uhh india's population and density is a lot higher than those other countries so it's very likely already a much higher number just by statistics homie :ssh:

OK but I'm talking about the level of rape and not the actual number of people raped so population is pretty much irrelevant.

• Locked thread