Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

This is so funny and awesome at the same time. Now I don't feel so bad about not being able to find my PSP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Square-Enix are loving gods.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://gematsu.com/2014/06/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-announced-ps4-xbox-one

Yeah here it is.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to NA. Coming out for Vita, PS4, and Xbox One. Agito is also coming out for smartphones.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Coming to PS4 and Xbone too.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Christ, SE.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They seriously couldn't fit in the opening as a trailer yesterday? Ugh.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thought it was funny how they went from "it won't be out until August" to suddenly out yesterday.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If they announce a special edition for this game I am buying it, Square earned my money with this poo poo. This is the hardest I've laughed throughout all of E3.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Square, what the gently caress is this?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
To be fair I'll gladly give Squeenix my money for a localized copy of the game. It's easily one of the coolest FF games since Tactics. So glad it will be on the console. I just don't enjoy handheld gaming, the older I get.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my god, how is Square owning everything so hard right now? What happened?

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

This is, like, so SE they may as well have named it "Square: The Game".

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You got to balance the good with the bad

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
gently caress man, they put a trailer for Agito and then said they're localizing Type-o in the last 3 seconds of it. Now that video will get views for all the wrong reasons.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Flappy Cloud endless runner bike

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's amazing.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Okay then, I guess I'll be getting a Playstation TV, since I'm not really a huge fan of handhelds.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The rumours of a Type-0 localisation were too strong to be without substance for a while now. They either got a bit too nervous about delaying their localisation release in the face of it, or they had someone tip them off to get it out as quick as possible because it makes it a lot more of an hassle to those guys.

It should play a lot better with analog camera support, though I'm not sure how well the PSP controls are going to transfer to console properly. It might feel a bit too barebones.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Veib posted:

Okay then, I guess I'll be getting a Playstation TV, since I'm not really a huge fan of handhelds.

Or a PS4/Bone, if you already have one of those.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy gently caress I actually want this. :stare:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-coming-to-ps-vita/

Correction. Type-0 is not coming out on the Vita, it is PS4/Xbone only.

e. Sony forgetting the Vita exists lol

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Are you loving serious. :suicide:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Skeezy posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-coming-to-ps-vita/

...Goddammit Square-Enix! I just dumped it from my memory stick!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Haha, nobody loves the vita.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Skeezy posted:

Okay, so i can go back to not caring about it, then. Fan translation it is.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Remote play?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I don't even understand how you'd skip the Vita and make this an Xbox One thing also? I have no problem with it being on the Bone but ahahah, skip the Vita okay Sony.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Well, it WAS my favorite mini-game from VII. I still won't be getting it, though. Can't stand mobile phone games.

As to Type-0, it's supposed to be an HD port, right? Maybe it's so drat HD the Vita just can't handle it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Skeezy posted:

I don't even understand how you'd skip the Vita and make this an Xbox One thing also? I have no problem with it being on the Bone but ahahah, skip the Vita okay Sony.

Because Square-Enix are the ones in charge and they said "The Vita is poo poo and has a small install base, the PS4 and Xbone don't have that problem". Sony likely had no say in this.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

So when should we expect this treatment for the snowboarding and sub minigames?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Killing Vector posted:

So when should we expect this treatment for the snowboarding and sub minigames?

Snowboarding came out a few years ago.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

gently caress it, I'm in. That looks fun and they didn't turn the bike into some sort of emo-chopper with a single wing sprouting out of it. As long as it's not 60 dollars I can see getting it.

I hope it has more than one level, though. Probably not.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

TARDISman posted:

Snowboarding came out a few years ago.

Shows how much attention I've been paying. Still want the sub game, though I'm sure it'll never happen (also it's probably not half as interesting as I remember it being anyway).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skeezy posted:

I dunno why it's not on THE premiere anime console of this console generation, but okay I'll take it for PS4 instead.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Aurain posted:

The rumours of a Type-0 localisation were too strong to be without substance for a while now. They either got a bit too nervous about delaying their localisation release in the face of it, or they had someone tip them off to get it out as quick as possible because it makes it a lot more of an hassle to those guys.

This is almost certainly what happened. The guy probably had friends at SE who told him with e3 coming up that if he wanted his work to be even remotely worth a drat, he better release it now.

It is a kick in the groin to Vita owners not to have a Vita version of the game, but on the other hand, I am totally not complaining about a completely nextgen version of Type-0.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Schwartzcough posted:

As to Type-0, it's supposed to be an HD port, right? Maybe it's so drat HD the Vita just can't handle it.

Actually... yeah, I'm thinking it might be. Why wouldn't they port it to the PS3 at least? It makes no sense unless they're planning on making it more of a remake with new assets.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aurain posted:

Because Square-Enix are the ones in charge and they said "The Vita is poo poo and has a small install base, the PS4 and Xbone don't have that problem". Sony likely had no say in this.

Um, the Vita has a bigger install base than the Xbone (which is also more likely to contain FF/RPG/anime fans), a very high attach rate, and is possibly the best system for the game since it was originally designed as a portable exclusive. So if they did say that then they're pretty dumb.

Schwartzcough posted:

This, I think, is more likely. But a toned-down version - or even just a straight port of the original in 544p60 - would have been really nice.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Krad posted:

Actually... yeah, I'm thinking it might be. Why wouldn't they port it to the PS3 at least? It makes no sense unless they're planning on making it more of a remake with new assets.

It makes a lot of sense if you look at the bigger picture. They're spending a lot of money on making PS4/Bone games in XV and KH3, so they want to help increase the install base for those consoles as much as they can. They can do that by helping make them a more attractive purchase, and while Type-0 isn't a system seller for those consoles (It may have been for Vita), it's going to interest people when they're looking at what games are worth buying for the consoles out of upcoming and current releases. Companies won't want to support the old consoles forever, and they're doing that by making games that realistically would work fine on them not available for them.

BreakAtmo posted:

Um, the Vita has a bigger install base than the Xbone (which is also more likely to contain FF/RPG/anime fans), a very high attach rate, and is possibly the best system for the game since it was originally designed as a portable exclusive. So if they did say that then they're pretty dumb.

The Vita has a bigger install base than either individually, and possibly more than both combined. It would require them to work on two different versions of the game instead of making one of the PS4/Bone version's the lead dev platform and porting over with less hassle. They can make the game look bigger and better on the consoles and charge more money for it at release. Releasing on all three of those platforms may sell more copies in total, but would it make more money considering development costs? No one but S-E can answer it, but I'd guess at no, otherwise they would probably do it.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aurain posted:

The Vita has a bigger install base than either individually, and possibly more than both combined. It would require them to work on two different versions of the game instead of making one of the PS4/Bone version's the lead dev platform and porting over with less hassle. They can make the game look bigger and better on the consoles and charge more money for it at release. Releasing on all three of those platforms may sell more copies in total, but would it make more money considering development costs? No one but S-E can answer it, but I'd guess at no, otherwise they would probably do it.

Actually not true, the Vita install base is about 6 million last I heard - more than the Bone but less than the PS4. I wasn't suggesting releasing for all 3, more that releasing for PS4/Vita would result in more sales than PS4/Xbone. After all the bad press and the fact that the Xbone is weaker than the PS4, its install base will be made up mostly of Xbox fanboys and people desperate for Titanfall, not exactly the demographics a Final Fantasy game would appeal to.

You have a point about the Vita needing a different version of the game, but we can't be sure of that until we see more of the PS4/Xbone version and just how upgraded it is. Still, I would think a straight PSP-to-Vita port wouldn't be hard.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ninja/Rogue new class confirmed in FFXIV:ARR. Dual daggers base class.
Patch 2.4, before expansion pack.

If you were looking to re-sub, do so then.

e: ^^^ I'm not sure the likes of Titanfall fans are the ones who will flock to Type-0, and once they've played it they're less likely to want to keep playing it I think.
I think it's a pretty good game, but it's certainly not for everyone.

e2: Ninja/Rogue are DPS classes. It's not clear if Rogue leads to Ninja.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 10, 2014