Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i was listening to NPR and they were talking about this village where houses dont have toilets (and there's this guy called the toilet guru who goes around installing them for like $250) and women get preyed upon when they're taking a poo poo. so they have to leave in packs at like super early and super late to take a dump in the field or else they risk having to go in the day time where they get gawked/groped at and raped while they take a poo poo

so i guess watching a women squat down and take a poo poo is erotic to them??

basically indian men are all schmorkeys

edit: here it is http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2014/06/09/319529037/indias-rape-uproar-ignites-demand-to-end-open-defecation

quote:

"When we step out of the house we are scared," Devi says. "And we have to go in the mornings, in the evenings, and when we cannot stop ourselves, at times we go in the afternoons as well. ... And there are no bathrooms. We don't have any kind of facility. We have to go out."

Others complained of harassment in the fields, but only now, after the double rape and murder, do they fear for their lives performing the simplest bodily function.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Lmao someone unironically suggesting first world countries might have the same amount of rapes as shithole India

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

just wish the US of A had a reason to invade india. maybe we can tag team it with the brits. i'm sure they have lots of imperialism techniques to share with us. cultural imperialism is so boring. :sigh:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Nope rape is a bad thing. A really bad thing. But to single out a country and laugh at it and say everyone there is a rapist when your own country has it going on more, will it's not so much oppression as blind ignorance and I guess that's the stand I'm taking.

you just sound like you don't know how math works

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Nope rape is a bad thing. A really bad thing. But to single out a country and laugh at it and say everyone there is a rapist when your own country has it going on more, will it's not so much oppression as blind ignorance and I guess that's the stand I'm taking.

what country rapes more than India

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

basically indian men are all schmorkeys

gang rape involves going outside and doing stuff with your friends it's why goons would never be good at it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

what country rapes more than India

america, england, belgium. you know, the third world~

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Maybe they are like bugs and aren't self aware.
Bugs do bug things. Indians rape.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i accidentally held you down and hosed you WHOOPS LOL

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

old dog child posted:

america, england, belgium. you know, the third world~

sweden is the worst tjhough you basically have a 100% chance of getting raped there statistics don't lie

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

And in America, you are lynching negroes.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I absolutely bum-love your logic. Seriously.

"Actually, the countries with the less rapes are the countries with the more rapes and vice versa and you can tell which has more by reversing all statistics on their head and taking the opposite to be true"

There are no words for this level of genius.

holy poo poo you are seriously loving naive, or do you think Sweden is the rape capital of the world with 60 REPORTED rapes per 100,000? Knowing that Scandinavian countries as some of the best places to live I somehow doubt this is the case. Sweden is considered one of the best countries in the world for gender equality(possibly the best) so this is more likely the result of Swedish society having a better attitude towards sex crimes against women.

Every developed country has more reported rapes than India

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

i accidentally held you down and hosed you WHOOPS LOL

:master: :iceburn:

go to bed india, big daddy moridin is home

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Wasn't there a study saying in a few years every 4th woman in Sweden has a 100% chance of being raped by an immigrant (whose from a place like India)

lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I absolutely bum-love your logic. Seriously.

"Actually, the countries with the less rapes are the countries with the more rapes and vice versa and you can tell which has more by reversing all statistics on their head and taking the opposite to be true"

There are no words for this level of genius.

dumbass, statistics are based of off reported rapes and obviously people that get raped in a modern developed country with an actual functioning police force are going to report it more than people who get raped BY police in other countries famous for their corruption and lack of law enforcement lol it's not hard

in india, you rape and murder a girl and pay the cops 1000 US dollars. the cops then pay the family of the girl $400 in the expectation that they will shut up about it all because they're not going to arrest anyone anyway, and that doesn't get put down on the rape tally when they make up the statistics

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

"guys India has less rapes than the developed w" - guy woman just raped by the police in the police station while reporting a rape

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
I know right? It would be best if we disregarded all evidence entirely if it disagrees with our view that foreigners are bad people and that we are superior to them. By the way if you don't agree and try to be all 'facty' then you are some kind of bleeding heart SJW.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I know right? It would be best if we disregarded all evidence entirely if it disagrees with our view that foreigners are bad people and that we are superior to them. By the way if you don't agree and try to be all 'facty' then you are some kind of bleeding heart SJW.

It'd be best if you examined the sources of data for the evidence so you can get a clear picture. They would have taught you that in statistics class had you ever taken it.

It's like if North Korea released statistics that 100% of their people were happy and well fed and living better lives than the average American, that poo poo is obviously erroneous.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

All evidence gatherers in India got raped thus there is no evidence that rape occurs there at all.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

It'd be best if you examined the sources of data for the evidence so you can get a clear picture. They would have taught you that in statistics class had you ever taken it.

Cool, so provide me with some counter evidence that shows that reported cases of rape in the US and some other developed nations are not at least ten times higher than in India. Cheers.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

same but im gay unironically

hosed up if true, makes u think

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Did I mention that in America, you are lynching negroes.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Cool, so provide me with some counter evidence that shows that reported cases of rape in the US and some other developed nations are not at least ten times higher than in India. Cheers.

you know that's not possible. india even kicked out the guy who discovered why everyone was resistant to antibiotics because it didn't jive with their numbers lol

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

So when you go report a rape in India and get raped a second time by the police officers do they then file 2 reports or just the original one?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rated PG-34 posted:

yeah so? do something about it. america is the king, you can't stop this train

rape train

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

myshl0ng posted:

So when you go report a rape in India and get raped a second time by the police officers do they then file 2 reports or just the original one?

All officers try to file a report, but then they start raping eachother and the rapes just keep spreading like a virus

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Rated PG-34 posted:

There are no reports of negro lynching so thus it doesn't happen.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

the data coming out of india is flawed, and it's useless to compare it like that

what part of that is so difficult to understand

http://www.firstpost.com/india/a-24-21-per-cent-conviction-rate-for-rape-in-india-lower-every-year-1096959.html posted:

For there to be progress in India, we need to know where rape happens, who the perpetrators are and how they chose their victims - Indian government data doesn’t give us this kind of information. The cases reported to police — which are almost certainly very different to the real incidence of rape — suggest Bharat is more dangerous than India: of 24,923 cases in 2012, just 3,035 were in major cities. They suggest the typical perpetrator is known to the victim, and that they’re not mostly feral juveniles, crazed by hormones or bad upbringing. The data doesn’t even tell us how many gang-rapes there are, and whether streets or homes are the most dangerous places for women.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

You have no evidence. At all. You have really, really questionable statistics with no idea how they were gathered or what exactly they actually represent.

Do you seriously think women in India report rape as much as women in the west? It's a lot more likely those statistics only exist because government officials have to fill out some paperwork when they do rapes.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Rated PG-34 posted:

uhh they deserved it for all the raping of white women they do, which does unreported because the black buddy cop would rape the women who report it

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

*Sees Boko Haram executing people by the hundreds*

"But see the first world countries have more reports so they are clearly worse. Statistics boy"

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
I don't know, just any evidence. Just any one bit of information that is not a single incident or a bit of hearsay. I'm truly open to the idea that I'm wrong but I really don't care for personal opinion alone when it comes to whether or not I should hate foreigners.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's kind of just a rapey world, I'm trying to find estimates based on something other than just guessing and it seems like 70-90% of rapes don't get reported in the UK, 65-75% of rapes don't get reported in the USA, and 90%+ of rapes don't get reported in India.

UN survey of 53 countries estimates that only 11% of sexual assault cases worldwide are ever reported.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_India#Estimates_of_unreported_rapes

Sounds like the USA is slightly better though I guess. But then there's poo poo like marital rape in India not being illegal, so that never gets counted as a sexual assault crime, does it?

Although I did find a statistic that says only 6.8% of rapes in the US are gang rapes.
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cvus0802.pdf

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 10, 2014

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

I guess we need put a stop to all the rape (reports) in the developed world and start raping women as they come in to report. No reports = no rape, clearly.

It works. Ask Indians.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Can someone help me find a place where I won't get raped?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Actually, India only has like 2 rapes a year :eng101:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like I'd know if people were being gang raped and then set on fire on the regular in my country though. Anecdotal evidence as it is I feel like CNN and Fox would be all over that poo poo.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

the BJP is about to decriminalize rape so india's going to be compeltely rape-free soon

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

And Africa actually has only 3 murders per year. Statistics don't lie people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

You're well meaning but really, really naive and pretty dumb. Let me guess, you're around 20 and in college. The key word here is REPORTED.

Here's the global Corruption Perceptions Index

The bluer the better and redder the worst. Use your brain and do a bit of critical thinking here.

• Locked thread