Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
gypsum the UK is a poo poo country that lost its empire and is filled with chavs, pakis, other slurs etc. and you're just mad that :911: is number one at rapes and everything else. get over it you limey poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mustang posted:

You're well meaning

lol no he's not he's a great troll

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!

Mustang posted:

You're well meaning but really, really naive and pretty dumb. Let me guess, you're around 20 and in college. The key word here is REPORTED.

Here's the global Corruption Perceptions Index

The bluer the better and redder the worst. Use your brain and do a bit of critical thinking here.
Lies. Indians are spiritual people and do not rape like the savage americans

*gets raped*

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

It's kind of just a rapey world, I'm trying to find estimates based on something other than just guessing and it seems like 70-90% of rapes don't get reported in the UK, 65-75% of rapes don't get reported in the USA, and 90%+ of rapes don't get reported in India.

UN survey of 53 countries estimates that only 11% of sexual assault cases worldwide are ever reported.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_India#Estimates_of_unreported_rapes

Sounds like the USA is slightly better though I guess.

Cool OK well this is something, thanks.

So if approximately 70% of rapes don't get reported in the US and approximately 90% of rapes don't get reported in India, taking into account that the reported figures are 28.6 per capita (US) and 2.0 per capita (India)... now I'm no mathemagician as you say and it took me a little while but this works out for actual rapes at 95.3 for the US and 20.0 for India. Got anything else that might help convince me to hate brown people?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
lol at new zealand. government is pretty corrupt and in bed with corps there

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Nothing for Greenland I see

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Cool OK well this is something, thanks.

So if approximately 70% of rapes don't get reported in the US and approximately 90% of rapes don't get reported in India, taking into account that the reported figures are 28.6 per capita (US) and 2.0 per capita (India)... now I'm no mathemagician as you say and it took me a little while but this works out for actual rapes at 95.3 for the US and 20.0 for India. Got anything else that might help convince me to hate brown people?

well you have to take into account that most of that is just guessing pretty much anyway because there's no real way to know how many rapes go unreported

I will say that in India it seems cool to gangrape people and then set them on fire, though. poo poo wouldn't fly over here, it's more about the date rape and taking advantage of drunken people in the USA.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Phlegmish posted:

lol no he's not he's a great troll

somehow i feel he is actually sincere

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Moridin920 posted:

well you have to take into account that most of that is just guessing pretty much anyway because there's no real way to know how many rapes go unreported

I will say that in India it seems cool to gangrape people and then set them on fire, though. poo poo wouldn't fly over here, it's more about the date rape and taking advantage of drunken people in the USA.

Also, does India even consider marital rape as rape? If not, then that's a bunch of extra rapes for the west.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Ah sorry I didn't realise now that we were just guessing stuff to prove our point.

Or that we were distinguishing between bad rapes and the good kind and that in America it's only ever the good kind.

My bad oops.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Ah sorry I didn't realise now that we were just guessing stuff to prove our point.

Or that we were distinguishing between bad rapes and the good kind and that in America it's only ever the good kind.

My bad oops.

well that's what you're doing too so uh lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Disco Infiva posted:

Also, does India even consider marital rape as rape? If not, then that's a bunch of extra rapes for the west.

no, marital rape isn't a thing over there. it's legal and about 20% of people surveyed in India admit to forcing their spouse to have sex (although I can't find the link now and to be honest I don't feel like looking it up again for Gypsum because he's being rude).

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

My bad oops.

Why are you being so pedantic and inflammatory? I feel like the arguments aren't hard to follow here.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 10, 2014

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

old dog child posted:

well that's what you're doing too so uh lol

Yeah gently caress the data that came from the United Nations right? What do they know compared to my random guesswork.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Lol you can rape your wife in India and it won't actually be rape.

lmao, god what a shithole.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Yeah gently caress the data that came from the United Nations right? What do they know compared to my random guesswork.

k well watch: marital rape is legal in India, 20% of people admit to forcing their spouse to have sex, assume that at least a quarter of their population is married, so that's about 200 million rapes happening. that's two thirds the population of the entire United States

e: link: http://infochangeindia.org/women/news/indian-men-most-sexually-violent-says-survey-of-six-developing-nations.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...cms?referral=PM

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 10, 2014

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

i like that you're stirring the pot here cause it's keepin the thread alive even though your argument is really dumb

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Also the fact that most rapes happen by people you know (ie husband).

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

no, marital rape isn't a thing over there.

Why are you being so pedantic and inflammatory? I feel like the arguments aren't hard to follow here.

Maybe because it's exactly that. Arguments. Arguments to say that cases of rape and sexual abuse are more widespread in one country than another in the face of actual evidence that shows that the opposite is true. Granted, there is likely a big difference between 'actual' and 'reported' and I haven't once disputed that however the only actual evidence coming back at me shows that it still puts the US at around 5 times higher than the country being mocked. Anything else is just words and random examples and as I said before horrible things happen everywhere and do you seriously want me to find and post some brutal and horrific reports of gangrape or rape/murders from the US or other developed nations? I'm pretty sure there's a lot and I'll be here all night but happy to oblige otherwise.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Maybe because it's exactly that. Arguments.

lol yeah they're just words right, words that string together in fancy ways!

quote:

k well watch: marital rape is legal in India, 20% of people admit to forcing their spouse to have sex, assume that at least a quarter of their population is married, so that's about 200 million rapes happening. that's two thirds the population of the entire United States

e: link: http://infochangeindia.org/women/news/indian-men-most-sexually-violent-says-survey-of-six-developing-nations.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...cms?referral=PM

what about that

title of the article from that first one because lol: Indian men most sexually violent, says survey of six developing nations

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Maybe because it's exactly that. Arguments. Arguments to say that cases of rape and sexual abuse are more widespread in one country than another in the face of actual evidence that shows that the opposite is true. Granted, there is likely a big difference between 'actual' and 'reported' and I haven't once disputed that however the only actual evidence coming back at me shows that it still puts the US at around 5 times higher than the country being mocked. Anything else is just words and random examples and as I said before horrible things happen everywhere and do you seriously want me to find and post some brutal and horrific reports of gangrape or rape/murders from the US or other developed nations? I'm pretty sure there's a lot and I'll be here all night but happy to oblige otherwise.

actually, yeah do it. get as many as you can. then we can compare notes after. e: i'm genuinely curious but i am too lazy to do this myself

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

True

We should do it like India and not let women report rape at all and make marital rape legal. Boom, we suddenly don't have rape anymore.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

How do you even rape with the world's smallest dick

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

myshl0ng posted:

How do you even rape with the world's smallest dick

you use 5 of them at once

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Genius

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

My bad oops.
I just want to say that you're probably the best troll i've seen on GBS in quite a while and posters like killyoureparents could really learn a lot from you ;-*

When i find a really lovely troll, may i send them your way for some mentoring/guidance and tips on tone and content?

(please do not rape them)

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

old dog child posted:

actually, yeah do it. get as many as you can. then we can compare notes after. e: i'm genuinely curious but i am too lazy to do this myself

this one took like two seconds to find...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ith-glenn-beck/

seriously, unimaginable poo poo happens everywhere but one case alone is proof of nothing, i can keep going? google's pretty big.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

do you seriously want me to find and post some brutal and horrific reports of gangrape or rape/murders from the US or other developed nations? I'm pretty sure there's a lot and I'll be here all night but happy to oblige otherwise.

yeah, the DoJ link I posted earlier said gang rape is only around 6.8% of sexual assault cases in the US, I'd love to see how that compares to India

go for it find me some psycho poo poo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

seriously, unimaginable poo poo happens everywhere but one case alone is proof of nothing, i can keep going? google's pretty big.

get more, don't disappoint. i barely have a half chub from that one.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

pf that's a story that is at least 7-8 years old man I can find you teenagers raped killed and set on fire in india last week

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

This is a daily thing in India prob

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
HAHAHA here's a story about someone in India who abducted a girl and 'married' her and then raped her and the court was like 'NOPE not rape because you were married!'

quote:

The judge’s decision, which was made public Saturday, upheld section 375 of the Indian Penal Code, which does not recognize “sexual intercourse by a man with his own wife, the wife not being under fifteen years of age,” as rape.

Last October, a Delhi woman filed a complaint against a man she accused of drugging her, abducting her and taking her to Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, to register their marriage. Afterward, she told the court, he raped her.

The judge in the case wrote that there was “no clinching or convincing evidence on record to show that the accused had administered any stupefying substance.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/13/world/asia/indian-court-says-forced-marital-sex-is-not-rape.html?_r=0

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Okay I figured out how to end rape in the United States. If someone goes to report a rape, we kill them. At the end of the year, we report zero rapes. Because there are statistically zero rapes, there is no more rape. Also, we define rape as only taking place between a man, a woman, and a slow cheetah, un consensually, and only on Wednesday afternoons, in case we can't kill all of the reporters. Also, we bribe the United Nations. I would have the best country

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

old dog child posted:

get more, don't disappoint. i barely have a half chub from that one.

I'm not a performing pony so knock yourself out if you're seriously interested it's not difficult to find more, personally it turns my stomach to keep reading them same as some of the recent highly publicised cases in India do so I'd rather not.

whoflungpoop posted:

(please do not rape them)

I probably wouldn't if they are American because they would be about a billion times more likely to report it apparently based on no evidence whatsoever.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

america is just as bad as every other country at evrey thing. fact.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
This is American exceptional ism in reverse

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I'm not a performing pony so knock yourself out if you're seriously interested it's not difficult to find more, personally it turns my stomach to keep reading them same as some of the recent highly publicised cases in India do so I'd rather not.

then how am i supposed to argue with you if you're not backing up your claim???? (also it was from 2007 dude lol)

e: american exceptionalism is the best loving thing and i hope it ends in a dystopian, hosed up world for every country except america, canada and their bros

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fun reminder it's specifically not illegal to rape your wife in india

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

fun reminder it's specifically not illegal to rape your wife in india

it's apparently alright to drug them marry them and then rape them too

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

it's apparently alright to drug them marry them and then rape them too

well i mean she had a vagina, how could she ask for it any harder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Kinda want some rape chow mein now, thanks a lot thread.

• Locked thread