Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Diodeous posted:

Name a time

How bout 8 est

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Sounds good, see you then

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Yay hate week 1 is almost here!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yay hate week 1 is almost here!

I might lose but I'm excited nonetheless. Feels like it's been forever since we had a significant showdown.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll be on by 8:05 at the latest. I have to take a poop

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

NCSU over BC 27-24 in a close game. Ultimately it came down to a late interception by BC to seal the game for me. GG Texas, that was a tight game!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
BC can still win their division by beating FSU next week.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, this is your moment my homie.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Goddamnit I couldn't even properly ruin someone else's season

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Goddamnit I couldn't even properly ruin someone else's season

You almost had it man, just gotta stay IN CONTROL.

I'll advance this tonight when I get home from work.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You almost had it man, just gotta stay IN CONTROL.

I'll advance this tonight when I get home from work.

Want to duke it out tonight?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Want to duke it out tonight?

Nah I'd rather try for tomorrow night, if that's possible for you.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
AF, we're up. I have a game scheduled tonight with Dio in another dynasty first, but might have time to fit in another after if you're around tonight.

Otherwise, we'll have to wait until Sunday night at the earliest - I'll be in Mystic, CT this weekend.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nah I'd rather try for tomorrow night, if that's possible for you.

I'm on a ridiculous schedule but I can play any time between 9-9:30pm.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I'm on a ridiculous schedule but I can play any time between 9-9:30pm.

Sure dude lets shoot for 9.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Sure dude lets shoot for 9.

See you tonight around that time.

E: It's gonna be nearly impossible to duplicate the greatness of last season's game. That was arguably the craziest we've ever played - including the couple of attempts before that.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Doubling Up

I'm really unexpectedly free right now so we can give it a go at any moment.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Doubling Up

I'm really unexpectedly free right now so we can give it a go at any moment.

I'll prb be on about 915 just finishing making dinner now. Got home a bit later than I had planned to sorry man our game shall be done tonight though!

There is also no way this game lives up to any of our prior matches. Last year's regular season game is the high point and will remain so I assume until they kill the servers.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 13, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm sorry dude but these thunderstorms are too serious. Big strike blipped my power here, so I think we will need to try another day. Probably Sunday. Which is annoying as poo poo as we played 4 quarters of stalemated football both with exciting plays. 3rd time will have to be the charm later.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm already over this game. What's your availability like over the weekend?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I'm already over this game. What's your availability like over the weekend?

It's all on me down here with this crazy weather, storms here in Texas are so strong. Fun to watch though.

I'll be out of town Saturday (in Dallas oddly enough), but Sunday we should be able to find time in the afternoon or evening.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It's all on me down here with this crazy weather, storms here in Texas are so strong. Fun to watch though.

I'll be out of town Saturday (in Dallas oddly enough), but Sunday we should be able to find time in the afternoon or evening.

Maybe Sunday but I can't guarantee it yet. What brings you to Dallas?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Maybe Sunday but I can't guarantee it yet. What brings you to Dallas?

Gonna try and buy a car. As a car guy the Corolla I currently drive really does none of the things I want my car to do so it's about time to reuse the capital from my last nice car on a new foolish vehicle. Basically just a day trip north, but I'll prb be up in the area again in August and perhaps we can connect and rock out a game or two IRL. CRAZY THOUGHTS.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You could always be a true car guy like me and drive a 2001 toyota echo coupe with a manual transmission. I want to chop the rear off and make an echomino

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Gonna try and buy a car. As a car guy the Corolla I currently drive really does none of the things I want my car to do so it's about time to reuse the capital from my last nice car on a new foolish vehicle. Basically just a day trip north, but I'll prb be up in the area again in August and perhaps we can connect and rock out a game or two IRL. CRAZY THOUGHTS.

Well I drive a Dodge Stratus so there's that.

On another note, why are you so good with VT? I had a 14pt lead midway through the 2nd quarter and you were just about to tie it up before we DC'ed. You should know better than to send me those "it's over" messages before the game ends.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Well I drive a Dodge Stratus so there's that.

On another note, why are you so good with VT? I had a 14pt lead midway through the 2nd quarter and you were just about to tie it up before we DC'ed. You should know better than to send me those "it's over" messages before the game ends.

In that first game, my guys dropped like 3 or 4 passes in a row, I threw that ugly pick where I wanted it to go deep and my QB threw a bullet and then I dunno felt like my squad wasn't really ready. That second game was a bit more even. Usually our games swing, but once I'm down 2 scores that tends to be about it. I also was incapable in either of those games of getting a solid goal line stop on 3rd or 4th down. I was really surprised and annoyed that both our games DC'd but those thunderstorms were crazy here last night internet just wasn't cooperating.

I'm good with VT I largely think because I have the secondary players to be aggressive with the front seven and not be ruined by it. Really none of my other teams have that ability to play Michigan State like defense. I also guess at this point I feel confident about the strength of the roster to keep at my core game plan even down 2 scores with VT where I don't as much with my other teams.

I also want to make clear; my expectations for cars are totally insane and different than most any normal persons.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

In that first game, my guys dropped like 3 or 4 passes in a row, I threw that ugly pick where I wanted it to go deep and my QB threw a bullet and then I dunno felt like my squad wasn't really ready. That second game was a bit more even. Usually our games swing, but once I'm down 2 scores that tends to be about it. I also was incapable in either of those games of getting a solid goal line stop on 3rd or 4th down. I was really surprised and annoyed that both our games DC'd but those thunderstorms were crazy here last night internet just wasn't cooperating.

I'm good with VT I largely think because I have the secondary players to be aggressive with the front seven and not be ruined by it. Really none of my other teams have that ability to play Michigan State like defense. I also guess at this point I feel confident about the strength of the roster to keep at my core game plan even down 2 scores with VT where I don't as much with my other teams.

I also want to make clear; my expectations for cars are totally insane and different than most any normal persons.

You actually came back from 14pts in the first game. I started off red hot and drove down the field on my first two drives. Then somehow you made a crazy comeback with a huge run for a TD.

The second game is where you got that fumble-return for a TD and went up first. That game I felt more pressured and Duke was bottled up a bit better. Those two attempts were so draining so I expect this third game to be an even longer one.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

You actually came back from 14pts in the first game. I started off red hot and drove down the field on my first two drives. Then somehow you made a crazy comeback with a huge run for a TD.

The second game is where you got that fumble-return for a TD and went up first. That game I felt more pressured and Duke was bottled up a bit better. Those two attempts were so draining so I expect this third game to be an even longer one.

Coleman is a great change of pace back, he's got that pop once he's in the open field to outrun everyone. If only he was that good irl...

First game, I got down 14 after the pick, but got that really short punt and then almost tied it on the goal line before it DC'd. Our games are always good, just always very tense. This third one will be epic or an even bigger let down, I dunno.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

I hope you are not going to buy a Car from any of the lots off Division in Arlington.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

As a car guy wouldn't you love a (gently) used Honda Fit. It's only a 10 hour drive away.

UNC RTA. Just gave up a 20 play drive to Pitt, don't think I've ever had a drive last that long against the computer. At least I still managed to pitch a shutout.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

JB I'm gonna have some errands to do tomorrow, but name a time that isn't before 10 am and I can make time for our 3rd try.

Also car foray was a success. For anyone that cared, which was approximately no one in here I'm gonna guess.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That means he copped two cobalts

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

That means he copped two cobalts

When it comes to cars, gently caress the USA.

JB, I'm up and around now so just post up and I can hop on.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

When it comes to cars, gently caress the USA.

JB, I'm up and around now so just post up and I can hop on.

Perfect timing if I've ever known it. Let's go

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Perfect timing if I've ever known it. Let's go

Gimme 10 to start some laundry and I'll be right on.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Wreckus, we have a game to decide the lesser division of the ACC.

Or is he on AP?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So many things went wrong:

-my QB threw at the back of someone's helmet during a 4th & Goal attempt
-After forcing a 3 and out on the ensuing Hokie drive, my punt returner ran away from the ball which forced a touchback instead of receiving at the 40ish
-I got stopped during two drives that ended within 5yds of the end zone
-my Oline got man-handled all day
-my WRs couldn't get open
-I got absolutely no pressure on defense
-and last but not least, the Hokies came to play

I guess I'll be looking forward to next year now. All of you might as well not even play your game against ZSB. No one is going to stop him.

V-Tech schools Miami, 31-14

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

So many things went wrong:

-my QB threw at the back of someone's helmet during a 4th & Goal attempt
-After forcing a 3 and out on the ensuing Hokie drive, my punt returner ran away from the ball which forced a touchback instead of receiving at the 40ish
-I got stopped during two drives that ended within 5yds of the end zone
-my Oline got man-handled all day
-my WRs couldn't get open
-I got absolutely no pressure on defense
-and last but not least, the Hokies came to play

I guess I'll be looking forward to next year now. All of you might as well not even play your game against ZSB. No one is going to stop him.

V-Tech schools Miami, 31-14

It all came together for my Hokies today. Just turned into one of those games where in the 2nd half nothing goes right for JB. 2 red zone possessions that netted no points, 4 INTs to kill long drives, and my oline knocked defenders on their asses all game long. After the way I was manhandled in last years NCG by you it felt good to ensure I won't have to see you in a repeat down the line. Basically have the division locked up again.

That punt he's talking about would have been recorded as a 97 yard punt, went from the 3 to just inside the pylon. That one is gonna help his net punting average a lot haha. Guess that's after the TB a 77 yard punt!

2 user games left for me to close out a 3rd straight undefeated regular season.

I'm not sure where Wreckus is, but I'd like to wait on him since it's a deciding game for the division.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So uh, before that game I had the #1 rush defense in the nation. I had not allowed #100 total in any game beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hey AF, looks like I JUST missed you. Got home, put stuff away, then logged on and it said you logged off 3 minutes ago. Bummer!

I have the Carousel game set for 9:30pm Eastern, if you could play earlier than that, that would be best - I am exhausted after driving back from Connecticut. Otherwise, tomorrow evening should be fine for me.

• Locked thread