Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

hello internet posted:

How is the Benghazi witch hunt going? Last I heard there was a Republican led investigation weeks ago but yet I haven't heard a peep about it since.

Benghazi? I think you mean the Bowe Bergdahl Special Treason Committee.

Non joke answer: I'm definitely not the most informed on the situation, but I get the distinct impression that the committee exists for the sole purpose of keeping The Base stirred up, and that is currently being handled by actual events actually happening now. Once the news slows down a bit they'll be back to Bengazi, I'd bet.

E: poo poo, first post on the page and I've got nothing but speculation. Quick, someone who knows something concrete say something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

hello internet posted:

How is the Benghazi witch hunt going? Last I heard there was a Republican led investigation weeks ago but yet I haven't heard a peep about it since.

The last action I heard on that was Darryl Issa seemingly throwing a temper tantrum by subpoenaing John Kerry for HIS original #Benghazi clownshow, John Kerry accepting, and then Darryl Issa declaring himself the winner by not accepting John Kerry's acceptance of his invite.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The last action I heard on that was Darryl Issa seemingly throwing a temper tantrum by subpoenaing John Kerry for HIS original #Benghazi clownshow, John Kerry accepting, and then Darryl Issa declaring himself the winner by not accepting John Kerry's acceptance of his invite.

That was just after Darryl Issa released a document that basically shows the White House was telling the truth the whole time.
Undermining his whole loving witch hunt in the first place.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I would just like to point out that this is actually absolutely no fooling what happened.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Got some links to all that?

Boy would it come in handy.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
So creationists swiped a fossilized dinosaur skeleton before any paleontologist could examine it, and put it in their crappy little theme park so they can make phony claims it without the danger of being cross-examined. In this vid they literally say they 'considered reburying it' and that they took it 'so no one could study it.'

"Nya nya nya we stole evidence TAKE THAT EVILUTIONISTS."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn1yQSCJ-HU

Of course, the fact that it is a fossil means this jackass is standing right in front of visible proof that his lovely worldview is wrong. But that fact will be lost on a lot of the people they try to brainwash with this horse poo poo, sadly.

FYI, Michael Peroutika is also a neo-confederate racist, and a major figure in the bigoted extremist Christian reconstructionist movement.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 10, 2014

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Ah good old Michael Peroutika, he actually went on a radio show on MLK day and claimed that MLK wasn't fighting for civil rights because civil rights are a liberal scam and that he was really fighting for Judeo Christian Values like all other good patriots.

EDIT: Here it is http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/peroutka-s-mlk-day-message-martin-luther-king-didn-t-actually-support-civil-rights

quote:

And it’s ironic that many of those who are kind of the modern, welfare-state proponents, they quote or they harken back to Martin Luther King as if he was some proponent of civil rights, and he was not. He was not.

:allears:

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 10, 2014

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

MaxxBot posted:

Ah good old Michael Peroutika, he actually went on a radio show on MLK day and claimed that MLK "wasn't fighting for civil rights" because civil rights are a liberal scam and that he was really fighting for Judeo Christian Values like all other good patriots.

Gosh, and he also claims that everything wrong with America came from the union's victory over the south in the civil war. Shocking that this blithering bigot would be a historical revisionist, I know.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Spacedad posted:

So creationists swiped a fossilized dinosaur skeleton before any paleontologist could examine it, and put it in their crappy little theme park so they can make phony claims it without the danger of being cross-examined. In this vid they literally say they 'considered reburying it' and that they took it 'so no one could study it.'

"Nya nya nya we stole evidence TAKE THAT EVILUTIONISTS."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn1yQSCJ-HU

Of course, the fact that it is a fossil means this jackass is standing right in front of visible proof that his lovely worldview is wrong. But that fact will be lost on a lot of the people they try to brainwash with this horse poo poo, sadly.

FYI, Michael Peroutika is also a neo-confederate racist, and a major figure in the bigoted extremist Christian reconstructionist movement.

Since Satan buried them there in the first place he's just protecting good Christians from the taint of evil.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Webguy posted:

Since Satan buried them there in the first place he's just protecting good Christians from the taint of evil.

That's because the creepy Quiverfull guy who lead the expedition to swipe the bones was busy showing good Christian homeschoolers under his charge another kind of taint: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/religious-right-leader-sued-sexual-battery-treating-young-follower-personal-sex-object

quote:

In a bombshell lawsuit that exposes the shocking ways women are treated in the Quiverfull movement — the patriarchal program popularized by the Duggar family and its TLC reality show 19 Kids and Counting — attorneys representing Lourdes Torres have revealed details of the abuse she received from Doug Phillips of Vision Forum.

The lawsuit [PDF], which includes counts of sexual battery and assault, details the “inappropriate, unwanted, and immoral sexual acts committed by Douglas Phillips against Ms. Torres,” noting that Phillips “methodically groomed Ms. Torres” since she was 15 years old “so that she would eventually participate in illicit sexual rendezvous with him promising that she could one day marry him” and “repeatedly told Torres that this was possible because his wife, Beall Phillips, was going to die soon.”

Phillips, one of the most prominent leaders of the Quiverfull movement, last year admitted to having “a lengthy, inappropriate relationship with a woman.” Phillips is extremely close to the Duggar family. In 2010, Torres was featured at the end of a video message at Phillips’ “Baby Conference” thanking Michelle Duggar, to whom Phillips had presented a “Mother of the Year” award.

Torres also briefly appears in a video posted by Phillips, “72 Hours in the Terminal,” where she is shown seated with Phillips’ family. She also has roles in the Vision Forum films “Alone But Not Alone” and “Return of the Daughters,” an anti-feminist documentary. In a 2003 blog post, Phillips wrote of attending Torres’ graduation, commending her parents for “bringing their daughter into mature Christian womanhood.”

The lawsuit contends that Phillips worked to “indoctrinate [Torres] with the patriarchal mindset” and “subtly began to manipulate Ms. Torres, so that he could use her for his sexual gratification. This calculated, planned, and methodical grooming process went on for many years.”

“Douglas Phillips used Ms. Torres—against her wishes and over her objections—as a personal sex object. Douglas Phillips repeatedly groped, rubbed, and touched Ms. Torres’s crotch, breasts, and other areas of her body; rubbed his penis on her; masturbated on her; forced her to watch him masturbate on her; and ejaculated upon her. This perverse and offensive conduct repeatedly took place over the course of several years,” the lawsuit reads.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 10, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Got some links to all that?

Boy would it come in handy.

Here's a story on Issa giving up on being relevant to #BENGHAZI

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/darrell-issa-john-kerry-benghazi-subpoena-107266.html

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Spacedad posted:

So creationists swiped a fossilized dinosaur skeleton before any paleontologist could examine it,

Alas this is nothing new I am afraid, and a usual tactic in their shittery.

Creationists love to get their hands on fake fossils or artifacts, claim it shows the Bible is correct, and deny anyone to examine them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPO6h8M6DI4

There's one guy, Javier Cabrera, who claimed that some Aztec cultures rode around on dinosaurs, as they had stone artifacts showing stegasaurus' and such.
He bought a poo poo load of these, and they are in his own creationist museum that rubes can go and see.
Turns out that the stones were made in the 1970's when the locals heard that idiots were buying their stone artifacts that only had monsters drawn on them.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

I know it's nothing new, it's just both hilarious & disturbing to see such blatantly willful ignorance on parade regardless.

Also, "thank goodness we didn't let godless heathen paleontologists get their hands on this fossilized skeleton, and our Quiverfull pedophile was there to to save the day."

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 10, 2014

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Spacedad posted:

I know it's nothing new, it's just both hilarious & disturbing to see such blatantly willful ignorance on parade regardless.

Also, "thank goodness we didn't let godless heathen paleontologists get their hands on this fossilized skeleton, and our Quiverfull pedophile was there to to save the day."
Ah the Quiverfull guys assholes, I love a dogma that's literally "we have to out-breed the minorities", and doubly so when one of the members is such an irredeemable shitbag. I'm happy to know that I will never run into one of these guys in San Antonio, given that my city is a post-apocalyptic hellscape by Quiverfull standards since it's been majority-minority for at least 20 years.:allears:

...Motherfucker. Get the gently caress out of my city you assholes! Joke's on them at least, there's no way San Antonio's staying anything but majority Hispanic and Democrat for the foreseeable future. Thank god.:sweatdrop:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Pretty much all the major extremist Christian crazies in America come back in their philosophy to hating on non-white people. The roots of the fundamentalist & evangelical movements comes out of civil rights era segregationalism, and the 'morality' of a bunch of brown-hating minority-denigrating ancestors-of-slave-owners stretches back further than that. Hell, the whole point of private schools is to do roundabout segregation - homeschooling as well. You can go on and on about this stuff - the racism of 'American exceptionalism' coming from genocidal manifest destiny, etc.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 11, 2014

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I have to say, I am very surprised that there has yet to be a single headline on DRUDGE today regarding the h.s. shooting in Oregon.

But there's plenty of info about ILLEGALS eating burritos that are making them sick.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
That's weird, that guy seems to realize that evolution is correct. Otherwise why would he be trying to hide evidence?

How much of the entire right is just people knowing that they are wrong but holding out anyway to punish others and destroy society?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Oh for fucks sake. ANOTHER shooting?

So when are the lies of the firearms industry going to be called to account the way the tobacco industry was?

"A good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun" is as much a lie as "lucky-strike cigarettes recommended by 4 out of 5 doctors."

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 11, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Spacedad posted:

So when are the lies of the firearms industry going to be called to account the way the tobacco industry was?

The same day a bunch of super rich people get shot or something.

Or probably never. :suicide:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Was Levin still on the air today when it became obvious that Cantor was losing his seat? He loved making GBS threads all over Cantor so if he didn't get to it today then I want to tune in tomorrow.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Spacedad posted:

And plenty more in between, not that they had the media "pop" that gets folks' attention. (Whiteness)

quote:

Maybe when deaths get within a tenth of tobacco deaths.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

You know I meant the specific kind of rampage shooting. The shooter apparently came wearing armor into the highschool. Yeesh.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

SedanChair posted:

Maybe when deaths get within a tenth of tobacco deaths.

And I can still smoke cigarettes.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Spacedad posted:

You know I meant the specific kind of rampage shooting. The shooter apparently came wearing armor into the highschool. Yeesh.

Source on that? I tend to expect most reports of a shooter wearing body armor are just people seeing a cheap airsoft-tactical vest with a bunch of pockets and thinking it's armor.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Chantilly Say posted:

Source on that? I tend to expect most reports of a shooter wearing body armor are just people seeing a cheap airsoft-tactical vest with a bunch of pockets and thinking it's armor.

That might be it, yeah. I can't find anything consistent yet about the shooter because the story's still so new.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Chantilly Say posted:

In all honesty, it would not be surprising if the shooter themself was unaware such a vest wasn't armor. People who shoot up places often are barely aware of what they're even doing with their weapons.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
I'm having a real strange time with this Glenn Beck interview.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/06/10/beck-thought-police-prevent-me-from-saying-fag/199660

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

hello internet posted:

Well, Diane Sawyer destroyed Hillary on it, according to Erik Wemple: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2014/06/10/abc-newss-diane-sawyer-destroys-hillary-rodham-clinton-on-benghazi/.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I assure you, glen beck is obsessed with blurting out "fag the new friend of the family" and printing it on posters because he's very troubled by racism and homophobia. And certainly not because his listeners love to hear him say the words "fag" and "friend of the family" while turning the progressives' own "tolerance" and "book learning" against them.

I'm of course looking forward to smug, malevolent white men leering out "fag the new friend of the family" then saying "what? It's terrible to call people FAG. It's the new friend of the family."

:psyduck:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SedanChair posted:

I assure you, glen beck is obsessed with blurting out "fag the new friend of the family" and printing it on posters because he's very troubled by racism and homophobia. And certainly not because his listeners love to hear him say the words "fag" and "friend of the family" while turning the progressives' own "tolerance" and "book learning" against them.

I'm of course looking forward to smug, malevolent white men leering out "fag the new friend of the family" then saying "what? It's terrible to call people FAG. It's the new friend of the family."

all those posters this clown rear end makes are terrible. but is the intent of the piece supposed to be saying that fag is just as bad as the n word, or is it just beck crying about how i cant be a bigot.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Berke Negri posted:

And I can still smoke cigarettes.

If only you could shoot cigarettes at people...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Oh yeah, we're in full on thought police mode seeing as you just said it and displayed a sign that said it on a web tv show beamed out to the whole planet and you haven't actually had anything happen to you. Orwell is spinning in his grave dude.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

It too bothers me that I cannot say fag or friend of the family.

This is seriously some straight up Goebbels poo poo. Beck playing these weird hosed up games where he tries to be as offensive as possible but then if you call him out on it he'll turn around and say "SEE THE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS POLICE ARE ATTACKING ME!"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Beck: "Hi, I'm permabanned talk radio host liberalstomper58..."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There have been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook.
Clearly we need more guns.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"Why can't I say the words that I have already said and I'm continuing to say and I'm saying right now?"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SedanChair posted:

I'm reading/hearing that as a verb. Like "hey guys, let's fag the new friend of the family". Probably not meant like that, but that's how I keep parsing it for whatever reason.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Big Beef City posted:

There have been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook.
Clearly we need more guns.

Well, clearly. Guns aren't allowed in schools, hence the shootings. :smug:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SedanChair posted:

"Why can't I say the words that I have already said and I'm continuing to say and I'm saying right now?"

Not to mention that Beck is the kind of guy who pines for the old days of television when there were decency standards and the liberals just didn't get away with saying what ever they want on TV.

He is literally mad because people don't like if he says words that are belittling to other people specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

"Gee, why can't I say fag and friend of the family, cause I really need to be able to say fag and friend of the family in public. I really need to". Jesus, it's like Rain Man and his loving Wapner.