Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
you mean crescentia? that's where things actually get ganky in my experiences.

I started playing. rolled a mystic months ago, picked it up just the other day. gonna transfer her to celestial hills when I hit 40(now 34)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Friend convinced me to try this again with them. There a goon presence on any non-pvp servers?

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
my mystic is on lake of tears, which is another pvp server. I'll probably wind up on either MT or CH soon though.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

nehezir posted:

you mean crescentia? that's where things actually get ganky in my experiences.

I started playing. rolled a mystic months ago, picked it up just the other day. gonna transfer her to celestial hills when I hit 40(now 34)

No, I've tried playing between 6 pm and 10 pm here and there the past few days, and I can't finish past 3 starting quests in Lumbertown because it's swarming with people one shotting me every time I rez and run back out trying different paths to avoid them. Guess I need to reroll on a PvE server to actually do anything. Literally.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Fenarisk posted:

No, I've tried playing between 6 pm and 10 pm here and there the past few days, and I can't finish past 3 starting quests in Lumbertown because it's swarming with people one shotting me every time I rez and run back out trying different paths to avoid them. Guess I need to reroll on a PvE server to actually do anything. Literally.
Try changing the channel? There are a bunch of them and the gankers tend to mostly be in channel 1.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Something something non consensual pvp etcetera.

You can go into another channel, most are pretty empty. The problem is, of course, you'll be playing on empty channels, which is why I ended up rerolling away. Fortunately avatar weapons make leveling a breeze if you already have some levels under your belt but don't feel like transferring a character.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Fenarisk posted:

KaneTW posted:

Don't be in channel 1. Don't be in channel 1. Don't be in channel 1.
Seriously, try a different channel.

Presteign fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 25, 2014

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.

Fenarisk posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, TERA's new player experience!

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
I was looking at the crafting stuff - apparently they've killed the junk armor->scrolls path now?
Extraction gives you ingots, and ingots aren't used in anything. So extraction is worthless unless you have legacy crafting skills learned?

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

Harik posted:

I was looking at the crafting stuff - apparently they've killed the junk armor->scrolls path now?
Extraction gives you ingots, and ingots aren't used in anything. So extraction is worthless unless you have legacy crafting skills learned?

Yeah that's pretty much the gist of it. If you have the old recipe already learned you can still make them but otherwise I don't know of any point to extraction.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Sync posted:

Yeah that's pretty much the gist of it. If you have the old recipe already learned you can still make them but otherwise I don't know of any point to extraction.

Well that really sucks for anyone who doesn't already have the skills, we made a ton of scrolls off farming kelsaic.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm not sure what's worse, underwear slot or underwear slot that gives stat benefits and only attainable via realbux RNG.

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, TERA's new player experience!

Honestly "Go to another channel" should be the first thing in the tutorial.

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

Anatharon posted:

I'm not sure what's worse, underwear slot or underwear slot that gives stat benefits and only attainable via realbux RNG.

The underwear is also attainable through in game means. Goldfinger tokens drop from vault and bt solo; once you get 80 of them, you can use them to buy one rng box that has underwear in it. It's still stupid because 80 tokens takes a good while to get and you still have to deal with rng, but at least you can actually get it without paying. The cash shop version just looks nicer.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Sync posted:

The underwear is also attainable through in game means. Goldfinger tokens drop from vault and bt solo; once you get 80 of them, you can use them to buy one rng box that has underwear in it. It's still stupid because 80 tokens takes a good while to get and you still have to deal with rng, but at least you can actually get it without paying. The cash shop version just looks nicer.

They really need to fix the auction house so you can buy&sell time-limited stuff, people would be all over 7-day atlases for gold.

Anatharon posted:

Underwear slot that was designed in 2 years before underwear was added to the game?

Harik fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 28, 2014

Pholph
Aug 15, 2001

Harik posted:

They really need to fix the auction house so you can buy&sell time-limited stuff, people would be all over 7-day atlases for gold.

I see many different time limited things in the AH. But I'm only tracking the ones purchasable by Federation Bills, so YMMV.

As for DGKK, due to being owned by wife/kids I play on a sporadic schedule, I don't do any heavy raiding yet since my main is only 54, and my reaper is naturally 58. I don't mind taking up stewardship/management of the guild since I seem to be one of the few DGKK who logs in daily. is there any chance I could get boosted up in the guild if nobody else wants to take over "administering the remains" ?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh hey the client downloader works finally, I can play this game without waiting two days.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
What's a solid solo class to play if I jus want to gently caress around for awhile? I tried sorcerer for a bit, it seemed pretty solid.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mystic! I play with someone who plays a Mystic and they one or two shot everything that is in our level range.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I thought I read that Mystic would be a slog to play solo? Not the case any more?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaddish posted:

I thought I read that Mystic would be a slog to play solo? Not the case any more?

Nope, they rip poo poo up. It's insane, I don't even get a chance to do anything when we are grouped together.

Pholph
Aug 15, 2001

Kaddish posted:

What's a solid solo class to play if I jus want to gently caress around for awhile? I tried sorcerer for a bit, it seemed pretty solid.

I've found warrior is a good glass to play when I'm also rocking the baby to sleep. Most of the questing mobs (at least from 1-25 so far) can be managed with the auto attack, so I can have one arm busy rocking the kid, and the other hand on the mouse.

Sorcerer is the opposite of this. You need both hands and ALL THE SKILLS. And you still can't solo BAM's of your level.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I play an archer and I dont know what I am doing and its frustrating.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you don't care about pvp berserker is really easy and self-sufficient, has a very uncluttered skill bar, and is probably the most satisfying class to play (though lancer gives it a run for its money now that they have wallop).

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Are Berzerkers bad at pvp?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I said come in! posted:

I play an archer and I dont know what I am doing and its frustrating.

Archer can be very fun. Once you get Final Arrow use it to cancel your knockback animations when you fire a charged arrow, that way you can fire off Penetrating and Radiant Arrow in quick succession.. Another useful combo is using the melee attack twice to stun a target, dropping Incendiary Trap (or the stun one and the incendiary if you feel fancy) at their feet, then clearing out of the way using Explosive Bolt, dealing even more damage to the target. When they shake off the stun, the traps will explode in their faces. You can even move your camera so that it's facing the back of the target: Explosive Bolt removes collision so you can jump straight through their model and be ready to shoot them in the back. Don't forget Poison Arrow, it deals good damage on top of the poison effect. Don't be afraid to use Explosive Bolt to get away from an enemy attack, just remember it doesn't have invincibility frames like Backstep.

Kaddish posted:

Are Berzerkers bad at pvp?

They are lacking in mobility skills, only having Dash (a temporary speed boost), and their attacks can be hard to aim at a dodging, human-controlled target. They suffer in solo situations, but a good team can set enemies up for the 'zerker to deal critical amounts of damage in a mass brawl.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

A good zerker absolutely destroys in 3s.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
If anyone wants to take a beginner Lancer under their wing today let me know, I'm looking to get a quick start so I can try out pvp ASAP!

Pholph
Aug 15, 2001

MoosetheMooche posted:

If anyone wants to take a beginner Lancer under their wing today let me know, I'm looking to get a quick start so I can try out pvp ASAP!

What Server/Time do you normally play on? While my playtimes are erratic, but I can certainly help when I'm on, or at the least have my priest alt follow around to keep you from dying often.

look for "Parfolomew" in DGKK or basically any of my alts that are in the "Sexy Tuesday" guild. (Yes, I stuck all my alts in a guild all of my bloody own. Bank space is a lovely, lovely thing.)

Unrelated question. my main didn't get the Alliance skillbooks. Is there a way to retrigger them getting delivered?

I had a convoluted way to get them involving creating a temp character, putting into a guild to get the skillbooks, and dropping them in a bank. But if there is a legit way I'd go with that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pholph posted:

What Server/Time do you normally play on? While my playtimes are erratic, but I can certainly help when I'm on, or at the least have my priest alt follow around to keep you from dying often.

look for "Parfolomew" in DGKK or basically any of my alts that are in the "Sexy Tuesday" guild. (Yes, I stuck all my alts in a guild all of my bloody own. Bank space is a lovely, lovely thing.)

Unrelated question. my main didn't get the Alliance skillbooks. Is there a way to retrigger them getting delivered?

I had a convoluted way to get them involving creating a temp character, putting into a guild to get the skillbooks, and dropping them in a bank. But if there is a legit way I'd go with that.

Yeah, if you drop guild or alliance and re-join you should get them. I just parked my characters in those generic GM controlled guilds because I only play very infrequently but it made using the workaround a cinch.

Pholph
Aug 15, 2001

DancingShade posted:

Yeah, if you drop guild or alliance and re-join you should get them. I just parked my characters in those generic GM controlled guilds because I only play very infrequently but it made using the workaround a cinch.

Okay, I'll have one of my alts do that. Since you can store them in the bank (but not guild bank) I can push them around characters. I was going to make a temp character for an hour to get the books, but :effort: Easier to do it that way than leave/rejoin DGKK. (I don't know why I'm still in it, I feel like I'm the only one who's still in the guild.)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Pholph posted:

Bank space has never been much of a problem for me. How many alts do you have? I've got 3 characters total.

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy
Figure Id try this out and see if it keeps my interest, went with a Mage, though the Archer caught my eye since most MMO range classes are pretty strong played well. Applied as Oriah Tundra.

Pholph
Aug 15, 2001

Anatharon posted:

Bank space has never been much of a problem for me. How many alts do you have? I've got 3 characters total.

Right now, one "main" and four alts. I make them when the mood strikes me to play something different.

Pholph
Aug 15, 2001

Smoove posted:

Figure Id try this out and see if it keeps my interest, went with a Mage, though the Archer caught my eye since most MMO range classes are pretty strong played well. Applied as Oriah Tundra.

Applied to where? DGKK? I think I'm the only one still active, and I don't have the magic cookie to get you into the guild.

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

DGKK is a dead guild. There are no longer any officers who log on and the only people I know of who are even in the guild are you and one person who keeps a couple infrequently played alts in DGKK. We merged with No Fun Allowed a long time ago; if you want, you can apply to NFA with the message DGKK/SA or something of the sort and you will be accepted. It's the 4chan guild though, so take that for what you will.

Pholph
Aug 15, 2001

Sync posted:

DGKK is a dead guild. There are no longer any officers who log on and the only people I know of who are even in the guild are you and one person who keeps a couple infrequently played alts in DGKK. We merged with No Fun Allowed a long time ago; if you want, you can apply to NFA with the message DGKK/SA or something of the sort and you will be accepted. It's the 4chan guild though, so take that for what you will.

I'm still in there out of sheer stubbornness. I'd raid the guild bank and sell everything off if I had the withdrawl bit. I'm surprised there isn't a "disband guild" or something. I have all my alts in another guild of my own, so I'm sure I could check it there.

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

You can disband as guild leader I'm pretty sure, but it was just left for no particular reason. Amusingly, it's still one of the most praised guilds on the server.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Sync posted:

You can disband as guild leader I'm pretty sure, but it was just left for no particular reason. Amusingly, it's still one of the most praised guilds on the server.

It's the lina icon

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I don't really want to disband DGKK, might as well remain for the corpse that it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pholph
Aug 15, 2001

Sync posted:

Amusingly, it's still one of the most praised guilds on the server.

Does praising a guild do anything? I mean, is it another "postcount" circle jerk metric, or does it have an actual mechanic behind it?

KaneTW posted:

I don't really want to disband DGKK, might as well remain for the corpse that it is.

I've said before, I'm willing to take the reins and play custodian over it. or at least manage the apps if anyone here actually still wants in.

I'm not really sure if I'm up for joining NFA I don't run enough instances to need a magical active guild behind me yet.

Pholph fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 19, 2014

• Locked thread