Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
J. Just consider this nightmarish, hell-like scenario a learning opportunity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
G

The Melachim are probably lying to us about the nature of men to die. The common men get to stick around and feed the demons, Mighty Men are undisturbed.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Oh hell yes, Voting H. Maybe Jorah and Azz are in there fighting again. The feeling of wrongness is us not witnessing them hit each other.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

E- The thrill of surviving the wrath of Eyescream

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Absum posted:

Why do some get different treatment if it's the nature of humans to die horrible agonizing deaths. Sounds like bullshit.

In this particular case? The men of Harmath are serfs and, therefor, effectively slaves. They obey their Lords far more than they obey El, since their Lords actually decide whether they eat while El just empowers Blooded folk like Kings and Lords. Note that, although they have souls, they have very little autonomy and lack presences just like actual owned slaves. Perhaps the death of their souls has more to do with a lack of Faith than with agency, but I still think it's a factor.

Diogines posted:

You have to keep running. You are lost. North. You need to go north but the trees block your sight and you are too far from the sea to hear it's waves. The stars are strange and unfamiliar and while you run, you know they are to the south, they know you are here and they are chasing you. As you have run, you have become confused and now are uncertain which way is which. You could be running straight at them.

And so you run.

"KEEP GOING!" you yell. To who? The words are strange and yet oddly familiar at the same time. This does not seem odd to you in the slightest.

Suddenly you are no longer lost. You want to remember the way and so you do. Mount Har. Somehow you know where it is, it is obvious.

??? has been expended. Even as you run for your life, somehow you remain perfectly calm. Odd. You remembered... something and there was a cost. You still have the strength equal to three times what mere muscles might provide. Wait... strength.... why would you....huh... ?

We don't know what we did, how we did it, or maybe even that we managed it at all. But we revealed Mount Har to Danal at a slight expenditure of [???]. This situation is wrong. We can help, even if its only a few.

N: Call out for El to guide those truly lost as we reveal to the dead the location of Mount Har. Don't try, don't wonder how, just do it.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

jng2058 posted:

Wow, look at that terrible waste of life. Man, wouldn't have been great if some wandering Hero had been able to keep this terrible massacre from happening? By El, that'd have been great! He might not have had to kill anyone, just spread fear and dissent among the common soldiers and, I dunno, give some tactical advice to the besieged guys. Wow, how many lives do you think that would have saved?

It's mostly the men from Harmath, the beseiegers, whose souls we're hearing screaming in agony. Would it really have saved a ton of lives if half the camp was in revolt against itself when the men of Tadmor sallied forth to slaughter them in a moment of weakness, or were even BETTER prepared to murder yet more Harmathans as they tried to climb the walls?

E:

Diogines posted:

"Yet..." Ishamal says "Yet... do not think poorly of poor Enkidu, for as he struggled with death, so do we all and as he feared for the loss of joy of all the goodly things of life, so do we all and he did many great and mighty deeds and for those, let us remember well of him!"

Several men raise their cups to say "To Enkidu!" The rest of the tavern joins the gesture and drinks. You, Danal and Snarls Barkley, make your way out.

My other option was Azzazel laughing and declaring that we had passed his test, which is probably a happier memory but this one seems more relevant.

Also, to be honest I'm not even really entirely sure that E is necessarily the best idea. It's just much more FUN to try and pick out a unique happy memory!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
E - The first time we were trusted by Tudiya to sit in the chair and offer judgement.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

A Terrible Person posted:

We don't know what we did, how we did it, or maybe even that we managed it at all. But we revealed Mount Har to Danal at a slight expenditure of [???]. This situation is wrong. We can help, even if its only a few.

N: Call out for El to guide those truly lost as we reveal to the dead the location of Mount Har. Don't try, don't wonder how, just do it.

gently caress, you've convinced me. Let us be a light in the darkness. Changing vote to N.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Supporting this, voting N!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
N

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

If we only need to light one beacon to show the rest the way, this might work. If we need to individually cause every single soul that dies to remember the way to Mt. Har (and we didn't light a beacon for Danal, we just "remembered" something we knew), we're about to spend 0.1% of our soul bar per go for hundreds if not thousands of individual soldiers. This may not be the wisest of ideas.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

In this particular case? The men of Harmath are serfs and, therefor, effectively slaves. They obey their Lords far more than they obey El, since their Lords actually decide whether they eat while El just empowers Blooded folk like Kings and Lords. Note that, although they have souls, they have very little autonomy and lack presences just like actual owned slaves. Perhaps the death of their souls has more to do with a lack of Faith than with agency, but I still think it's a factor.

Changing my vote to this. Get poo poo done, don't sit around jerking off about good memories

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
gently caress no. Do not spend [???] on these chumps.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Votig this

While observing all of this death, let's remember life beginning.

Invalid vote. No quotevoting E.

ShotgunWillie posted:

E, when our son was born.

Invalid vote. Memory already picked by Mr Apollo

DCBomB fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 11, 2014

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -