Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
It's great to know that even on FIOS the netplay for this game still feels like it's underwater. Looks like another five years of just local games for me, then :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Was wondering why I couldn't get hands to come out as Decapre yesterday, my lp button was failing.

Luckily, Madcatz saw fit to grace their sticks with a couple of spares.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I doubt anyone cares but I asked a Russian co-worker how to pronounce Decapre and he said it's "deh-KAH-brr". The e at the end is silent.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Is there DLC that lets you see costumes that other players have purchased? Live says I've downloaded the Ultra Compatibility pack, but I still get the "you can't see this costume" message a lot.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

FordCQC posted:

Is there DLC that lets you see costumes that other players have purchased? Live says I've downloaded the Ultra Compatibility pack, but I still get the "you can't see this costume" message a lot.

There should be other compatibility packs for the AE/Vanilla. Can't find them on the web store but I know I've downloaded them before.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

I doubt anyone cares but I asked a Russian co-worker how to pronounce Decapre and he said it's "deh-KAH-brr". The e at the end is silent.

Yeah, I also took it up when the reveal trailer first came out.
That's how you pronounce "december" in russian but I doubt that anyone will pronounce it that way. It's too awkward.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
People have been complaining about this move so I made a video showing how to punish it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sKVakpNGTE

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Oh hey my copy of SFxT came in from gamefly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LD024TQGLM

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

People have been complaining about this move so I made a video showing how to punish it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sKVakpNGTE
You are a god, beborp.
First thing I noticed was how many characters have few good options without red focus.

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

cams posted:

You are a god, beborp.
First thing I noticed was how many characters have few good options without now have good options thanks to red focus.
:colbert:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Oh hey my copy of SFxT came in from gamefly.

Heh, I did about the same, but kept it just in case. Was pleased that the costumes unlocked instantly on installing Ultra.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I used to have a 360, but it broke. I might get this on Steam, but the reviews I read on MK and the DC MK said the online is really bad. Has anyone had any previous versions of this game on PC? How was the online?

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

Safety Scissors posted:

I used to have a 360, but it broke. I might get this on Steam, but the reviews I read on MK and the DC MK said the online is really bad. Has anyone had any previous versions of this game on PC? How was the online?

GFWL online was great on average, certainly better than on console. After the steam transition it's a bit hit or miss. Either you still have a good connection (arguably a better connection) or you only have that connection against a fraction of people and its unplayable against everyone else.

I'm relatively hopeful they're going to fix this. Allegedly the intent is to get everything ready for a smooth Ultra PC release. Right now they seem to be releasing frequent patches.

Excalibur_Z
Oct 2, 2004
They deployed a weekend patch that was supposed to fix the Steamworks region matching, but I don't think it had any effect. Poor connections still happen often enough for me to find it annoying.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Is anyone else going to try the online tournament through virgin gaming? I'm going to give my lovely gief a shot, see if I can make it to brackets.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

USFIV panel is today at 2pm PST with Combofiend.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Why do people flock to big lobbies so much? Any time I search it's always lobbies that are 3/4, 4/6, 6/8 and so on. Is waiting around really that fun? I can't even be bothered waiting the 10 or so seconds it takes to find a ranked match, usually switch to the DVI mode on my monitor and browse cat videos on Youtube or something until the match is about to start.

Zombiecop
Jul 2, 2007

Share Bear posted:

Is anyone else going to try the online tournament through virgin gaming? I'm going to give my lovely gief a shot, see if I can make it to brackets.

When Virgin first started doing online gambling with sf4 I took part, made ~$100 in a week, couldn't get more matches, then I cashed out. The service seems pretty legit.

I'm defining legit as "I got my money transferred into my paypal account after I asked them to do so."

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Why do people flock to big lobbies so much? Any time I search it's always lobbies that are 3/4, 4/6, 6/8 and so on. Is waiting around really that fun?

I never understood this either. If I want to watch matches I can do that forever online. If I turn the game on to play, I want to play.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's probably a group of friends playing or something.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
I like medium sized lobbies (3-4 people) because you get a chance to feel different styles of play and usually get a mix of characters. One thing I don't like is when one person clearly out-ranks everybody else and we all are just trying to knock them off the top.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

USFIV panel is today at 2pm PST with Combofiend.

Got a stream link?

vvv Thanks!

Lord Chumley fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 10, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lord Chumley posted:

Got a stream link?

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Why do people flock to big lobbies so much? Any time I search it's always lobbies that are 3/4, 4/6, 6/8 and so on. Is waiting around really that fun?

1/2 lobbies fill reasonably fast and 2/2 lobbies don't show up in the search results. Almost everyone in 1v1 custom matches is loving around with the new characters though. I have hadokened over 1000 Hugos, show me your main chicken dirtbags.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Mio Bison posted:

1/2 lobbies fill reasonably fast and 2/2 lobbies don't show up in the search results. Almost everyone in 1v1 custom matches is loving around with the new characters though. I have hadokened over 1000 Hugos, show me your main chicken dirtbags.

Mine take about a minute to fill...

Nothing feels better than making someone switch to, presumably, their main chicken after beating them a few times with one of the new cast.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Why do people flock to big lobbies so much? Any time I search it's always lobbies that are 3/4, 4/6, 6/8 and so on. Is waiting around really that fun? I can't even be bothered waiting the 10 or so seconds it takes to find a ranked match, usually switch to the DVI mode on my monitor and browse cat videos on Youtube or something until the match is about to start.

Not everyone has ADHD. Some people still like that old arcade feel of waiting in line to play the winner or whatever.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

Not everyone has ADHD. Some people still like that old arcade feel of waiting in line to play the winner or whatever.

You don't need to have ADHD for wanting to play a game when you play a game.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
The only good thing about waiting is that you don't want to gently caress up, because if you do you have to loving wait to play again. This can sometimes act as a push to make you play better, but I rarely will willingly put myself into the situation online when I could be playing the whole time. It's different at the arcade or offline because you can hang out with people and poo poo, but even then it sucks having to wait most of the time.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sometimes I join those huge lobbies and I use the downtime between fights to get a better look at the top player, like if I got blown the gently caress out I'll pay attention to see if he's doing poo poo that I can catch him on when it's my turn. And yeah it just kind of reminds me of the old arcade days.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I like lobbies because I get bored of seeing the exact same matchup between two characters over and over. Just adds some variety.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Have any of you guys tried the Youtube Upload functionality because holy poo poo this is slooooooooow.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

It's video encoding on 10 year old hardware.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

It's video encoding on 10 year old hardware.

It still bears mentioning that a three-round match will take an hour and a half to render, and then if the upload fails you have render the video again for some reason.

So maybe don't use this feature, is what I'm trying to say.

Rudger
Feb 20, 2006

i will mess you up
I'm glad it's terrible/difficult because it makes people waste their time uploading vids of Ranked matches that are awful. I don't care that you perfected a new player playing a new character at all, it's not helpful. It's youtube pollution man!!!

Also Sarchasm I think you messaged me on Ultra release day asking me to play. I didn't see it until the day before yesterday, so sorry for not seeing it! I was playing offline casuals with a friend of mine that day.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Rudger posted:

Also Sarchasm I think you messaged me on Ultra release day asking me to play. I didn't see it until the day before yesterday, so sorry for not seeing it! I was playing offline casuals with a friend of mine that day.

I'll never forgive you this slight on my honor.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Won a copy of Ultra last night, so I'm back on Xbox until August. Come beat me up and yell at my terrible wireless connection (it's okay most of the time)

GT:KingShiro

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

KingShiro posted:

Won a copy of Ultra last night, so I'm back on Xbox until August. Come beat me up and yell at my terrible wireless connection (it's okay most of the time)

GT:KingShiro

You are literally human cancer. Get a goddamned cat5 cable and wire that poo poo up.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

hhhhehehehe

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
playing ae pc

steam: systranerror

no one on irc wants to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So, I've recently just made the switch from UMvC to Ultra and I'm really needing some help. Played fighting games for about a year and a half, and just now trying to learn Street fighter competitively. I was hoping to grab some people to play with from here and get some critique because despite spending hours practice lab, I'm getting blasted 3-35 right now. My PSN is AlexSanteria.

• Locked thread