Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Naerasa posted:

Does anyone care about Smash Run? It's the only part of either game that holds absolutely no interest for me.

I do, Smash Run looks like the most fun I could possibly have in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Naerasa posted:

Does anyone care about Smash Run? It's the only part of either game that holds absolutely no interest for me.

Absolutely, it sounds like a ton of fun to me.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Naerasa posted:

Lots of people like it. Many of us are super excited about it because it's like City Trials from Kirby Air Ride. Which was the best thing about that game.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Naerasa posted:

I think it looks pretty cool. It's like a better version of Melee's adventure.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The Bee posted:

I think it just to prevent all the little hulkamaniacs from being caught in a 3-way brawl with Hitler, Hank Hill, and a walking shlong.

Truly it's to keep Waluigi from the masses. They simply aren't ready.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Well okay then! I wasn't sure since I haven't really seen anybody talk about it but if everyone's that enthusiastic then it can't be ALL bad.

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

legoman727 posted:

gently caress Pac Man.

e: beaten but I don't give a gently caress

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I'm not sure this if this is in-game art or not but here is this thing: https://twitter.com/SmashMiiverse/status/476550266112589824

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

Naerasa posted:

Nah, I think the Smash Run discussion during the invitational was a buzzkill for everyone

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Space T Rex posted:

I'm not sure this if this is in-game art or not but here is this thing: https://twitter.com/SmashMiiverse/status/476550266112589824

That's just random character art thrown together. It's not the actual design.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm still pulling for Waluigi. Show him and Wario off on the same day and I think I might just have a seizure.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Space T Rex posted:

No, those are both existing renders. That's not even Pac's design he has in-game according to everyone there.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm still pulling for Waluigi. Show him and Wario off on the same day and I think I might just have a seizure.

He's an assist trophy. Sorry.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Haters gonna get eaten and sent back to the center of the maze

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Naerasa posted:

Well okay then! I wasn't sure since I haven't really seen anybody talk about it but if everyone's that enthusiastic then it can't be ALL bad.

It looks pretty good, but I think a lot of people want the Wii U version more. But Kirby Air Ride owns and the idea of getting a Bowser with 2x bunny hood speed running around dropkicking people sounds outstanding.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm beginning to think Waluigi might be too tall to be a playable character in Smash

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Waluigi showed up in the tournament today and kicked Bowser's rear end.

Sadly it was as an assist trophy. :(

Kubert
Aug 9, 2010
I'm excited for smash run but the actual fight at the end of it all doesn't look all that great with some of the power ups. In particular, getting a lot of speed and jump boosts on my character is going to make it really difficult for me to play. Increasing my character's jump height and run speed might just make my character really hard to control. Other than that, it looks like a lot of fun.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Color Printer posted:

That's just random character art thrown together. It's not the actual design.

It's not even art, it's literally a photo of a plastic figurine lol

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

falconry posted:

I'm beginning to think Waluigi might be too tall to be a playable character in Smash

Have you seen Rosalina? Bitch is massive.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

falconry posted:

He about the same height as Rosalina.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
She is a Goddess. I think?

e: oh poo poo it's the man of pac himself

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

falconry posted:

Nah, I think the Smash Run discussion during the invitational was a buzzkill for everyone

It was mostly just a momentum-killer.

TOURNAMENT
CELEBRITY EXIBITION MATCH
FAN FAVORITES
here's what Smash Run is like to play guys
FINALS

I feel like it would've gone better if it wasn't just an edited-together video, and if they actually showed off Smash Run in action.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

She's like 9 feet tall and it creeps me out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress's sake, get over Waluigi. It's not even funny as a joke anymore.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
You guys just aren't wishing hard enough. :gonk:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 11, 2014

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Naerasa posted:

Have you seen Rosalina? Bitch is massive.

She's got an entire galaxy under that dress!

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Hellioning posted:

Really? You expected Pac-Man to be in the next Smash Bros. game?

Ever since it was announced Namco was assisting with the game, yes.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I am wondering why they're doing the closed doors thing for Pac-Man. Can you imagine how nuts the crowd at the Invitational would have been if they unveiled it there? Were they afraid of boos from the haters?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Waffleman_ posted:

I WAAAAAnt to believe.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Cicadas! posted:

She's like 9 feet tall and it creeps me out

Yes I would like an explanation for this as well. She's like The Mountain of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Sorry to all the Tekken fans out there hoping to see Heihachi in yet another crossover fighting game.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Space T Rex posted:

I WAAAAAnt to believe.

You can't always get what you want.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Echo Chamber posted:

I am wondering why they're doing the closed doors thing for Pac-Man. Can you imagine how nuts the crowd at the Invitational would have been if they unveiled it there? Were they afraid of boos from the haters?

They didn't want to make people fall asleep during the tournament

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

Waffleman_ posted:

This!!!! Keep Waluigi talk to the desiganted thread.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Excels posted:

Sorry to all the Tekken fans out there hoping to see Heihachi in yet another crossover fighting game.

Except for the fact that Harada explicitly said that he didn't think Tekken characters were a good fit for Smash. So no, nobody who isn't an idiot was hoping or expecting Tekken at all.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Calihan posted:

Ever since it was announced Namco was assisting with the game, yes.

They're more than assisting. They are THE developers. They're 100% making the game. The other 10% is just Sakurai and his wife, as they're the only employees of Sora LTD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Is there a recording of the tournament yet? I was at work and missed the whole thing. =/

• Locked thread