Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I have a more cynical view. Something that was in motion before any of this brain chip stuff causes two Ulfs to die in the same way on two separate occasions. Then it all becomes a big murder mystery of who wants to kill Ulf and why. Maybe he was targeted by a competitor of the science lady or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

I wonder if Aisha is going to try and get her own chip, I need more confusion.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Flython posted:

I wonder if Aisha is going to try and get her own chip, I need more confusion.

Nah, Aisha is smart. Transdimentional chips are only for ulf-level morons.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

trucutru posted:

Nah, Aisha is smart. Transdimentional chips are only for ulf-level morons.

What comic you reading?

http://brainchip.webcomic.ws/comics/22

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Haha, somehow I didn't read that page. Ok, she's totally getting a chip.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

I dunno, she looks hot, funny and smart to me

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
:siren: http://brainchip.thecomicseries.com/comics/29 :siren:

:tviv:

edit - holy poo poo, look at the carpet of the surviving Ulf!

double edit - nevermind, looks like it was already torn & stained.

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 5, 2014

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
poo poo just got real.

The question is, how diverged was that Ulf from our own hero Ulf?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Wednesday posted:

:siren: http://brainchip.thecomicseries.com/comics/29 :siren:

:tviv:

edit - holy poo poo, look at the carpet of the surviving Ulf!

double edit - nevermind, looks like it was already torn & stained.

AABB!!!

I am getting really worried about BABA!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

trucutru posted:

AABB!!!

I am getting really worried about BABA!

BBAA and BBAB are the ones who got Aisha on their own (when they were both BBA) so they're safe; they never told their Aisha's about the brain chip. I'm more worried about AABA; AAB is the one who blabbed, so both of his futures are targets (well, one now). And, of course, it's partly BBAA/BBAB's fault too.

Also, Slaughter Day meets Garbage Day.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 7, 2014

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
His art is getting better.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

smilingfish posted:

His art is getting better.

He has mastered the "hands up in the air" expression of shock.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
How long have Ulf and Vera known each other now, like two weeks? That's an awfully short time to be suddenly trusting this insane person to run away to a remote Swedish cabin together, even if you are pretty fond of them and they helped you fulfill your crazy robot sex fantasy.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

vyelkin posted:

How long have Ulf and Vera known each other now, like two weeks? That's an awfully short time to be suddenly trusting this insane person to run away to a remote Swedish cabin together, even if you are pretty fond of them and they helped you fulfill your crazy robot sex fantasy.

I don't know, I feel like it is in character for her.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
She's always believed in some higher cosmos beyond our perception. Now she's found it.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

vyelkin posted:

I assume you meant Aisha, not Vera.

Well it's either you run away to a remote Swedish cabin or you hang around to get killed by an angry scientist lady. Ulf's already proven pretty solidly that his brain chip is for real.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

There's no way Vera would implant a valuable brain chip without including a tracking device, is there? :ohdear:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Mr. Wednesday posted:

There's no way Vera would implant a valuable brain chip without including a tracking device, is there? :ohdear:

If Ulf is the best test subject she could find, you can't really make any assumptions. Honestly, if she'd thought to include tracking, why not also include a brainchip carrier self destruct option and save herself the mess of a shotgun in the last strip.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It'd be interesting to see a branching map of Ulfs, showing their varying adventures and statuses - and, of course, the points where the branches get pruned.

Edit: I wonder if BBA's Aisha ever found out about the brain chip. If not, I wonder if the BBA-branch Aishas went with their Ulfs when they fled the country.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 15, 2014

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Thorsby is handling the exponentially increasing scope of the comic pretty well so far. I think they're gonna need a new internal naming scheme pretty soon though...

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I want to know if Ulf ABBA is a dancing queen.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am now expecting another Aisha cheating on an Ulf that was more of an rear end in a top hat and getting caught, leading to the other Ulfs (Ulves?) breaking up with their Aishas.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I love the pacing of this comic so far. New Comic is pretty melancholy. The knowledge that their chips might all stop working soon (I doubt it) seems like another sort of mortality.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ZearothK posted:

I am now expecting another Aisha cheating on an Ulf that was more of an rear end in a top hat and getting caught, leading to the other Ulfs (Ulves?) breaking up with their Aishas.

You nailed it harder than Aisha nailed that random guy.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
loving BBBBBA, man.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

You nailed it harder than Aisha nailed that random guy.

He probably spoiled himself from another universe where the author releases updates faster.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

To be fair, Thorsby does update like clockwork on Mon/Wed/Fri.

Must say I am pretty curious as to what he is aiming for with TDBC, maybe just an exploration of Ulf as a character? There's been a real lack of a central conflict.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

ZearothK posted:

To be fair, Thorsby does update like clockwork on Mon/Wed/Fri.

Must say I am pretty curious as to what he is aiming for with TDBC, maybe just an exploration of Ulf as a character? There's been a real lack of a central conflict.

It's pretty early in the story, I wouldn't be suprised if everything happening so far is some elaborate lead-in.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm wondering if this is going to end up being a suicide cult, and Thorsby kills off most/all of the Ulfs who broke up with Aisha.

Whether or not that happens, my guess as to the endgame of this comic is going to be showing how a bunch of little differences snowball into a bunch of big changes in Ulf's possible lives.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Thinking the ulfs who drop out of contact are the ones who, for what ever reason, develop greater than retard level intelligence. Like the one who didn't leave aisha because alternate aisha slept with another dude in an alternate universe.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Please don't devolve into the Seinfeld run-around, brainchip.comic :I

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Neat, we finally get to see the trial and error of brainchip bar flirting applied to money making scams. Ulfial Darwinism ahoy!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:WELP.:frogsiren:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't see what you're welping about, it's probably nothing important.

The real mystery here is why that Ulf is sitting in a tree.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Maybe this is going to go way into left field and there'll be like an alien invasion or something, and Ulf's brain chip will be the key to saving the world. That would be pretty Thorsbyesque.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

vyelkin posted:

Maybe this is going to go way into left field and there'll be like an alien invasion or something, and Ulf's brain chip will be the key to saving the world. That would be pretty Thorsbyesque.

Which world?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

my dad posted:

Which world?

The last one standing.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
The latest strip is really loving funny

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Why are they throwing aluminum cans out of their car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Most countries have more than one color for their currency, because they're not fuckin crazy.

• Locked thread